Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 08-21-2015, 12:26 PM   #1
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (27)
tougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Sedans and Oddball JDM Chassis?

Anyone else into drifting weird sedans and stuff? They've definitely been growing in popularity the past couple of years, and with the 25-year rule we're all able to start bringing in early JZX/A31/C33/R32/Z20 etc in to the US which is cool.

Just curious who else is into these oddballs. I've had Cressidas/IS300s/1JZ things and recently got a C33 Laurel. I've been working on getting parts more readily available for these types of chassis lately, and would love to help support.

Let's see what you got!

For all the latest TF★ news visit our blog!!

Last edited by tougefactory; 08-21-2015 at 03:28 PM..
tougefactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2015, 12:49 PM   #2
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Very cool idea! I know I wanna see more examples of well done Japanese Z31's. Woefully underrepresented in the US, IMO.
Old 08-24-2015, 12:19 PM   #3
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

tougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to all
Yeah, I haven't seen too many examples of those myself.

I'm curious to see if anyone on here has weird big body cars like A31, C33, JZX etc.

Old 08-29-2015, 09:16 PM   #4
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
I have an IS300. Lots of the other jzx parts swap over also. The community out here sucks for part options.
Old 08-30-2015, 02:20 PM   #5
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Im starting to think the ae86 is the oddball now, as everyone goes for s13 as their first drift car lol.

But i generally do not like cressidas for the heavy bosozoku influence that every kid feels is necessary to do to them on low income.

I picked up the latest issue of drift tengoku and it seems like sedans are the biggest rage now.

Surprised no one really does these
Old 08-30-2015, 09:26 PM   #6
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Man sedans have been the rage in japan. I think there just aren't as many options for 4 door drift cars over here. If the JZX100 chaser was available over here I would be all over that shit. They're so cool, it's like a japanese E39 with a 2jz.
gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 05:50 AM   #7
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
turbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr

This.

s14 kouki ka-t
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 11:49 AM   #8
DenkiMan!
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
DenkiMan! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
i want a chaser sooooooo bad, i'd want to make it my daily once i become an actual adult and can afford it
Looking for another pair of 17x9 Veilside Andrew Racing V's
DenkiMan! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 12:19 PM   #9
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

So true. Sedans have been the rage for a long time in Japan, I feel like they've been growing in popularity here a lot though the past couple of years.

JZX100 is perfect IMO, perfect size, good looking, VVT-i 1J.. I think IS300 has to be the closest thing we have in the US-market.

Old 08-31-2015, 01:05 PM   #10
DenkiMan!
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
DenkiMan! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
agreed. chasers are relatively cheap as well! i mean we also have the g8 and the cts-v but thats really it for the US when it comes to factory 4 door manual rwd saloons, and neither of them come cheap. you have to go creative with swaps to get that kind of platform here if you're not already in an is300. i actually really like the g8
Looking for another pair of 17x9 Veilside Andrew Racing V's
DenkiMan! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 02:04 PM   #11
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

turbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr
^LOL i daily a g8

I love it i cant wait to add a nice set of wheels , currently i have intake and a cat back. Gotta love the ls2.

s14 kouki ka-t
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 11:28 AM   #12
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Wish these were more easy to come by here.

Old 09-04-2015, 12:22 PM   #13
Mr.Doback
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Mr.Doback is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Surprised no one is bringing y32's over yet.
Old 09-04-2015, 01:02 PM   #14
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

I know of a couple Y32 and Y33's around. I think A31/C33 will be popular here, they're a pretty good platform and relatively easy to come by.

Old 09-04-2015, 01:18 PM   #15
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
I would be interested in anything light weight (3000~lbs) with relatively low miles, automatic, straight six turbo
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 02:32 PM   #16
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tougefactory View Post
I know of a couple Y32 and Y33's around. I think A31/C33 will be popular here, they're a pretty good platform and relatively easy to come by.
</p>
I'm really hoping to to see more Y33's come over. I think the Leopard was the lightest Y33... I want a VQ30DET powered car so bad. Swap on a CD009 and it's playtime.
Old 09-04-2015, 04:17 PM   #17
Agent S14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Agent S14 is making a name for him/her selfAgent S14 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Waiting for my laurel to come in on september. medalist model with coilovers and 5 spd RB20det
Agent S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 01:43 PM   #18
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I'd be interested in seeing what parts you'll be stocking for the JZX series cars.

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 02:06 PM   #19
spools420a
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
spools420a is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I guess I'm the only one dying to get/see the Mitsubishi evo 1 here in the states.the lightest smallest evo made I can't wait!!!
spools420a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 10:45 AM   #20
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

I've always thought older evo's were cool!!

We're currently stocking JZX100 aero, coilovers for JZX81/90/100, some Tomei bits..
Just recently got a shipment of SerialNine arms and bushings for stock as well. (Not only for JZX)
We have stock on a lot of suspension and parts for Nissan sedans as well, Cefiro, Laurel, Skyline etc

Did some work to my C33 Laurel last night. Still needs a lot more.

Old 09-09-2015, 10:51 AM   #21
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
That's good to hear! I'm currently in the process of importing a JZX100 (Chaser or Mark II), so it's nice to hear that there's a place in NA I can hit up!

Old 09-09-2015, 04:25 PM   #22
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Oh awesome, that's the car I've always wanted. We're trying to make owning a car like that in North America a little easier by having parts available. Can't wait to see more of them around.

Old 09-10-2015, 02:37 AM   #23
Quail
Zilvia FREAK!

Quail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfection
Send a message via MSN to Quail
JZX100 is the ultimate. They've aged so so well, and I'd definitely like to build one.

I actually tried to buy a rare JDM import before getting the S14. 9 years ago I went through all the steps of buying a Legnum VR4, but being 19 no-one would insure me, so I had to "settle" for an S14.

I think most of the insurance issues arose because the majority of insurance companies didn't have Legnum VR4 in their systems, and they didn't want to take the chance on insuring a teenager on a mystery high-power import.

*random Google images photo
Old 09-11-2015, 09:15 PM   #24
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Yeah... I'll be posting a lot in this thread!

You've been warned

Old 09-13-2015, 05:30 PM   #25
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

I'm all about JZX series cars, but I still have a soft spot for Laurel series as well...

Old 09-13-2015, 07:07 PM   #26
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews

Love these�������� so cool and a lot of s14 parts interchangeable
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 07:27 PM   #27
Almighty So
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (12)
Almighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond reputeAlmighty So has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews

Almighty So is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 08:23 PM   #28
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Here's my oddball chassis, should be here in a few days.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 02:58 AM   #29
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
I got an HNR32. Wont be drifting it since its AWD, but at least it's a factory 5 speed. But is getting an RB26 swap, Paint and a bit of other mods.

1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit

Last edited by Sileighty_85; 09-24-2015 at 02:47 AM..
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 10:13 AM   #30
ditchs14
Zilvia Junkie

ditchs14 is a well-known jackass
i am all for the wave of 4 door cars to be imported in the next few years. after i get done with my s14, i really wanna pick up a c33 as well! non side pillar 4 doors FTW lol

ditchs14 is offline   Reply With Quote