Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Businesses

Businesses Review your dealings with commercial entities here. Remember: Fair and objective. Flaming, accusations, and complaints are not allowed. Zilvia is not a grievance forum.

Old 02-07-2012, 01:12 PM   #1
jacobzking
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
jacobzking is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
JDM Engines Corp (eBay in Dallas/Richardson TX)

I just wanted to post a positive review for jdmenginescorp.com in richardson, TX. Someone had posted a bad experience with them a few years back so I thought I'd put in my 2 cents...

The owner, David, is a pretty nice guy and firm on his prices.

I bought an SR from him for $1799 (which happened to include an expensive manifold, t28, gismo 555s, reprogrammed ecu, z32 maf, metah head gasket, etc...

The motor was in EXCELLENT shape and has great compression. Started right up after install and runs great so far.

I did notice on his eBay listings that he shows videos of compression tests for SOME motors, but not all. I'm assuming he tests them all and only posts the ones with good or high/even compression.

Also, the MAF connector on the harness was for a z32 maf, and the ECU had Z32 written on it... but the car came with an SR MAF. When I got the engine home and unloaded and started checking things out, I realized that the MAF wouldn't plug in. I figured, no big deal, z32 MAFS are cheap. But before going out and buying one, I called David at JDM and he said, "no big deal, bring your SR MAF in and I'll swap it for a z32 one."

Good service. Great engine. Good price (EXCELLENT price if you take in to fact the motor has more in upgrades than what I paid for the whole motor itself).

Thanks JDM!

PS: I just wanted to note that David was very up front about the warranty. Startup warranty for motor only. That's it. And I can understand why; he buys these in "bulk" and sells them for a minimal markup.
jacobzking is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2012, 07:14 PM   #2
NHTKID
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
NHTKID is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
well im going there in hopes to buy a motor tomorrow morning. ive heard that dallas jdm motors are a better business and seem to have better service then jdmenginecorp, however dallas jdm motors seem to not have any more s13 sr's in stock. ill let you know how my experience goes, and i sure hope the motor i get doesnt end up knocking or something

(if this post is against rules i do apologize just delete it.)
NHTKID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:40 PM   #3
CrazyIvan
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
CrazyIvan will become famous soon enoughCrazyIvan will become famous soon enoughCrazyIvan will become famous soon enoughCrazyIvan will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I myself bought one Aristo 2jzgte with JDM Engines Corp and the turbos were blown, several sensors were broken, and 2 piston rings were bad (but not yet blown). In the end I ended up going single turbo b/c of the blown stock turbos...
Old 03-05-2012, 09:14 PM   #4
jacobzking
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93kouking View Post
well im going there in hopes to buy a motor tomorrow morning. ive heard that dallas jdm motors are a better business and seem to have better service then jdmenginecorp, however dallas jdm motors seem to not have any more s13 sr's in stock. ill let you know how my experience goes, and i sure hope the motor i get doesnt end up knocking or something

look at his auctions on ebay first. find motors that have been compression tested and show the results. i'm sure he tests ALL of the motors that come in. if they have good numbers, he will posts them. if not, he won't mention compression tests for that motor.

thats why the motors with no compression test results are cheaper.

i got a BAD ASS motor from that guy, but I also didn't buy the cheapest thing he had there.
Old 03-06-2012, 02:20 AM   #5
nyc240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (14)
nyc240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
jhot imports was a good place dont know what happened with them i think they were in denton, tx..they had a ebay store no longer see it
nyc240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:53 AM   #6
shoryuuu
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
shoryuuu is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
most of those guys from Jhot opened up dallas jdm motors, they said the jhot warehouse was too big and the new warehouse is like 1/3 of the size with just as many parts.
shoryuuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:40 PM   #7
jacobzking
Zilvia Member

Quote:

how did it go?
Old 04-09-2012, 11:42 PM   #8
NHTKID
Zilvia Junkie

Sorry it took so long to get back around to this I do apologize. I've been busy with music. Anyway, I went up and picked out a j4 blacktop cold compression was done right in front of me and came back 150 across all 4, so that was very pleasing to me. The owner was very nice and very helpful, overall the customer service was great. Like OP stated they are stern on their startup policy. So when I got it home I started on putting it in because their warranty is void if you tamper with the motor. Me and a buddy put it in and wired everything up with a wiring specialties harness, plugged the vaccum lines and bypassed the Maf to the throttle body and the motor fired right up, no taps, no knocks, no weird noises!! Sounded as healthy as it could be! Overall great experience. Once the motor started I've been taking my time, ordering quality parts, replacing things that I personally feel should be replaced when performing a swap. Tucking harness ect.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:45 PM   #9
jacobzking
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Sorry it took so long to get back around to this I do apologize. I've been busy with music. Anyway, I went up and picked out a j4 blacktop cold compression was done right in front of me and came back 150 across all 4, so that was very pleasing to me. The owner was very nice and very helpful, overall the customer service was great. Like OP stated they are stern on their startup policy. So when I got it home I started on putting it in because their warranty is void if you tamper with the motor. Me and a buddy put it in and wired everything up with a wiring specialties harness, plugged the vaccum lines and bypassed the Maf to the throttle body and the motor fired right up, no taps, no knocks, no weird noises!! Sounded as healthy as it could be! Overall great experience. Once the motor started I've been taking my time, ordering quality parts, replacing things that I personally feel should be replaced when performing a swap. Tucking harness ect.
REPLACE THE THERMOSTAT!!! LOL. I was so effing pleased with that motor that I bought, and spent the last 2 months getting the car track ready (new brakes, suspension, seats... but the one thing i din't do was one of the cheapest and easiest... the t-stat. and my engine was overheating really bad on track day this past week. luckily, i think the motor is ok. anyway, good to hear you had another good experience with those guys!
Old 04-09-2012, 11:53 PM   #10
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc240sx View Post
jhot imports was a good place dont know what happened with them i think they were in denton, tx..they had a ebay store no longer see it
didn't jhot have 2 warehouses? 1 in tx and another in georgia? i bought 2 clips from them, shipping was insane, but they were clips coming from half way across the country so it was to be expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:24 AM   #11
1sickS14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (27)
1sickS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
This is good to know. I'm in the market for a RB and laying out my options.
1sickS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:55 PM   #12
Wezz
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
Wezz has a spectacular aura aboutWezz has a spectacular aura aboutWezz has a spectacular aura aboutWezz has a spectacular aura aboutWezz has a spectacular aura aboutWezz has a spectacular aura aboutWezz has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Just ordered an S14 SR20DET from David at JDM. Hopefully i have a good experience as you guys. I will post my experience after i receive the motor set..

Paul
Wezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:03 PM   #13
JDM Engine Corp

Trader Rating: (0)
JDM Engine Corp is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thanks guys!

We like happy customers.
Old 05-12-2012, 05:56 PM   #14
jacobzking
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM Engine Corp View Post
We like happy customers.
welcome to the forum. thanks again for my great motor. even after i overheated it HARD on the track and oil starved it... it still runs like a new motor.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:54 AM   #15
nyc240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (14)
nyc240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
thats what it seemed like i knew this place was the same one i bought a rb25 from jhot a while back it was super clean with everything taped up on the motor..
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoryuuu View Post
most of those guys from Jhot opened up dallas jdm motors, they said the jhot warehouse was too big and the new warehouse is like 1/3 of the size with just as many parts.
nyc240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 02:55 PM   #16
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
On Feb 7 I ordered an Automatic S14 SR swap from them. What I saw in the pictures of the listing was literally exactly what I got. The motor set was super clean. I got it in on a Thursday, spent that night scrubbing the little bit of road grime that was on it, and putting my manual tranny and what not on, and had it in the car that Friday night and fired it up. I've put about 7k miles on it and it's still running perfectly.

I could not be happier with my choice. JDM Engine Corp, since you're here, I highly recommend you start getting more auto engine sets in if you can. I recommend everyone looking to go swap to take that route as the motors are generally cleaner. Thanks again for all the help.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:50 AM   #17
cjunyc

cjunyc is an unknown quantity at this point
Dallasjdmmotors ebay?

Are these guys the same as Dallasjdmmotors in Arlington Texas? because i just received a motor I bought from Dallasjdmmotors from ebay and its motor is pretty banged up and the ecu is missing. I contacted them the guy one the phone was pretty nice I hope my issues get resolved =/
cjunyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:53 AM   #18
cjunyc

Dallasjdmmotors ebay?

From all the good reviews I hope they are the same guys =/ or else im going to have some major issues from the looks of the motor.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:57 AM   #19
jacobzking
Zilvia Member

NOT the same people
Old 06-17-2013, 12:13 PM   #20
cjunyc

Then wish me luck guys..... lol smh
Old 11-02-2013, 01:19 PM   #21
Tim_Zenki

Tim_Zenki is an unknown quantity at this point
has anyone recently purchased from this company? I want to buy a s14sr from them but theres no compression numbers listed and i saw someone post about that..
Tim_Zenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:46 AM   #22
NHTKID
Zilvia Junkie

Just give them a call, being from georgia im sure they would take a video for you of a compression test. Its not standard practice before buying a motor, but it damn well should be and these guys should take care of you no problem. I picked mine up in person but they have some on ebay with compression videos, and the one you order is the one you get. awesome dudes
Old 03-10-2014, 02:54 AM   #23
bmitchell_ga
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
bmitchell_ga is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Anyone with any more recent experience? I'm looking to by a motor this week.
bmitchell_ga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:37 PM   #24
adams 02rs
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (25)
adams 02rs is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
uh whats ta know

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmitchell_ga View Post
yeah i buy engines from importers online if they are reputable. in some case's you are just better off finding a dis/ importer near your location, therefore you can see the engine in person and pyhsically inspect it and if there is anything wrong with it you can bring it straight to them instead of shipping it back and spending more money. just my ! sir.
adams 02rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:08 AM   #25
souljaseth33
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
souljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to souljaseth33
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmitchell_ga View Post
Not sure where you are in Souther GA, but if your anywhere near Jax, FL I came up with these guys after a quick search. http://www.jdmshopusa.com/index.php?action=contactMaybe give them a call and stop by to check out what they've got in stock.
souljaseth33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:29 PM   #26
s0fa king
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
s0fa king is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
may as well just go off eBay feedback.
s0fa king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 03:10 PM   #27
Flyin_bryan

Flyin_bryan is an unknown quantity at this point
I purchased an s14 sr20det it spun a rod with 50 miles, it was a piece of shit, 14 day warranty my ass. he is a ripoff artist, I even drove there to get it brought it home and has been a nightmare.. Warning do not buy from david he will be nice until he has your money!!!!!! STAY AWAY FROM THERE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Flyin_bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 07:30 PM   #28
rgnhd
Leaky Injector

rgnhd is an unknown quantity at this point
does anyone have any more input? i already waisted 3k on a rb20. im trying not to waist more. i am physically going down there and having them do a compression test in my face. i tried calling texas jdm motors but they're number that is on their front page goes to another company in nj. Is there any place in the dallas area you would recommend? I'm in OKC. I just want one that wont blow a cylinder ring in two weeks..
rgnhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 09:16 AM   #29
s13 drifta
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (105)
s13 drifta will become famous soon enoughs13 drifta will become famous soon enoughs13 drifta will become famous soon enoughs13 drifta will become famous soon enoughs13 drifta will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 105 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgnhd View Post
does anyone have any more input? i already waisted 3k on a rb20. im trying not to waist more. i am physically going down there and having them do a compression test in my face. i tried calling texas jdm motors but they're number that is on their front page goes to another company in nj. Is there any place in the dallas area you would recommend? I'm in OKC. I just want one that wont blow a cylinder ring in two weeks..

I purchased a sr20 engine swap from JDM Engine Corp in Texas. I had it shipped and it was in great condition. I would go with them again.
Old 11-20-2014, 02:34 AM   #30
vJilly
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
vJilly is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
anymore input on these guys? thinking of ordering a CA swap from them for my.. well I won't spoil it but anyway. any more good reviews from these guys? EDIT: what's this on their site about the crank sensor, EGR (even though i don't care about EGR since alabama doesn't have emissions) and the CAS not coming with the motor and that id have to swap them out from my existing motor. I mean I know I'm a noob but that just doesn't sound right to me.
vJilly is offline   Reply With Quote