Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Nissan News

Nissan News Nissan related news about the 240sx, Silvia, Z cars, or anything that may be of interest to Zilvia.net

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 11:37 PM   #31
gospdracer90
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
gospdracer90 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by fliprayzin240sx View Post
Actually, they will get crushed...
hearing that makes me want to cry, so on that note.. i will cry myself to sleep
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2009, 09:39 AM   #32
slidetankslide

Trader Rating: (0)
slidetankslide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to slidetankslide
Quote:
Originally Posted by reflexdb View Post
I was wondering how Paul Walker got to choose 3 Skyline's from the secret government computer in "Fast and Furious," - guess they were Kaizo cars...
... in fact, they were.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:50 PM   #33
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Quote:
a piece of me just died inside.

Review Thread
Old 11-02-2009, 11:40 PM   #34
sevenstar
BANNED

Trader Rating: (1)
sevenstar is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
Why would the feds care about California's State budget?

Customs under Homeland Security has plenty of money post Sept. 11th to protect us from illegal imports. Everybody crys about protecting our borders...

Waiting on the Kaizo fanboys to chime in. Letters aren't so fake now huh?
why isn't customs spending this money to remove all the illegal and undocumented mexicans here in california, espsecially the ones here in los angeles?
Old 11-03-2009, 12:58 AM   #35
951's 330i
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
951's 330i is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenstar View Post
why isn't customs spending this money to remove all the illegal and undocumented mexicans here in california, espsecially the ones here in los angeles?
Because mexicans arent the only ones that are illegal. Aliens stand for any illegals. way to generalize buddy
Old 11-03-2009, 12:59 AM   #36
tanks13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
tanks13 is a glorious beacon of lighttanks13 is a glorious beacon of lighttanks13 is a glorious beacon of lighttanks13 is a glorious beacon of lighttanks13 is a glorious beacon of lighttanks13 is a glorious beacon of lighttanks13 is a glorious beacon of lighttanks13 is a glorious beacon of lighttanks13 is a glorious beacon of lighttanks13 is a glorious beacon of lighttanks13 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tanks13 Send a message via Yahoo to tanks13
Quote:
becasue they rather fuck people over and how do they know whos legal or not im retty sure you seen born in east l.a what the fuck are we all gonna have to carry our fucken passport so we wont get deported ? racist fuck
Old 11-03-2009, 07:40 AM   #37
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Cause it's not Customs job?
Old 11-03-2009, 08:47 AM   #38
blackoutt
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
blackoutt is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:

JDM cash for clunkers, except fo free
Old 11-03-2009, 08:54 AM   #39
fuk240sx
Zilvia Member

fuk240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
fuking EPA wasting more of the taxpayers money.......there should just be fees according to the emmisions, like England....... gov. makes money instead of wasting it....
Old 11-03-2009, 09:07 AM   #40
951's 330i
Zilvia Junkie

951's 330i is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuk240sx View Post
fuking EPA wasting more of the taxpayers money.......there should just be fees according to the emmisions, like England....... gov. makes money instead of wasting it....
Bingo, i mean come on, money in the bag with that
Old 11-05-2009, 09:34 PM   #41
STEEZxIT
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
STEEZxIT is on the path to ruinSTEEZxIT is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
californian's getting fucked in the ass again....
Old 11-07-2009, 09:57 AM   #42
s14-365
Zilvia Junkie

s14-365 is an unknown quantity at this point
are the owner going to get compesated
Old 11-07-2009, 10:18 AM   #43
hottscennessey
Leaky Injector

hottscennessey is an unknown quantity at this point
LOL hell no.

Only if they sell the car overseas before the govt. get's it. Did you read the thread?
Old 11-07-2009, 10:46 AM   #44
proj240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
proj240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
yay for california car nazi laws..and the gov having some free time and money to spend

90 RPS1345 hybrid thingy & 01 IS300
Old 11-07-2009, 01:39 PM   #45
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by proj240sx View Post
yay for california car nazi laws..and the gov having some free time and money to spend
These are federal laws...
Old 11-07-2009, 02:22 PM   #46
Lucas180
Leaky Injector

Lucas180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ide just say mine was stolen to avoid getting it taken away or just say you are using ti for a track car only.. there no rules on that stuff..just cant street drive them anymore really ..sucks i guess. how can they take them away for no reason?
Old 11-07-2009, 02:31 PM   #47
Tom25666
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
Tom25666 has made poor choicesTom25666 has made poor choicesTom25666 has made poor choicesTom25666 has made poor choicesTom25666 has made poor choicesTom25666 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
i read an article about this in import tuner or one of those mags- the government is going to get thier money, bet on that
Old 11-07-2009, 02:43 PM   #48
S14DB
AFC #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas180 View Post
Ide just say mine was stolen to avoid getting it taken away or just say you are using ti for a track car only.. there no rules on that stuff..just cant street drive them anymore really ..sucks i guess. how can they take them away for no reason?
They were brought into the country under false pretenses. You can't keep it. If you brought it in properly as a track or show car you can use it as such. There ARE rules. Vehicle Importation Regulations
Old 11-10-2009, 10:56 PM   #49
porkchop911
Leaky Injector

porkchop911 is an unknown quantity at this point
every one is hatin on the skiline but the fact of the matter is the skyline is a beast and its sexy as heel they should let them come into the states "its a car" cheese and rice like we got lambo's and all this other shit legal here and like wtf reaaly
Old 11-10-2009, 11:11 PM   #50
ranger240
Zilvia Addict

ranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the roughranger240 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanks13 View Post
becasue they rather fuck people over and how do they know whos legal or not im retty sure you seen born in east l.a what the fuck are we all gonna have to carry our fucken passport so we wont get deported ? racist fuck
way to be an idiot.. oh and your vagina is leaking
Old 11-23-2009, 04:05 AM   #51
91SuperS13
Leaky Injector

91SuperS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
if you want a skyline so badly, just move to Canada! Tune your skyline, smoke some dank canadian grass, and go do your best smokey nagata impression on the freeway! Problem sloved....

otherwise, bust out your sex grease and keep jerkin'! Or go about importing one correctly and spend the 80-90 large on a 10-16 year old car.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:53 PM   #52
celm
Banned from the Marketplace

celm is an unknown quantity at this point
Dustin Westberry of Largo Fl,was doing the titles for Kaizo untill the state stoped him from doing it.He still took $ from kaizo for titles and didnt title anything,so he robbed from kaizo.The kaizo cars in cali that got seized were not titled and reg in cali,they were done in other states.the only way they could of find those cars was for someone to tell them where they were.so the one who ratted was Dustin Westberry .Dustan had copies of all the kaizo titles he did and he knew where the kaizo cars were.When DOT and customs spoke with Dustin months before the kaizo raid,he gave them all the copies and locations.
Old 12-31-2009, 11:03 PM   #53
97240TB
Zilvia Junkie

97240TB is an unknown quantity at this point
I have to agree, tear the car down and rebuild it as a weekend car, otherwise you have no choice but to hand it over. There's so much red tape anymore with cars and importation regulations there's just no point anymore.

Part of me feels like our government is stripping people of these vehicles because they weren't built stateside. they feel like our "Local" manufacturers are suffering and can't give cars away. i.e. -Ford, Chevrolet, Dodge and so on.

I understand these cars were illegally imported and those incharge should be disciplined for their actions, But I believe our government has more important things to be concerned with then someone driving a vehicle which was illegally imported. It's alot like attacking a man for J-walking when theirs a guy down the street stealing a neighbors T.V. Sad day when enthusiasts can't enjoy the cars of their dreams simply because of a few individuals in GOV who can't find something better to do with their lives.
Old 01-01-2010, 02:39 PM   #54
projectx605

projectx605 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanks13 View Post
How is suggesting that we maintain an actual border for this country a racist comment. Race has nothing to do with it
Old 01-07-2010, 05:43 PM   #55
mysync

mysync is an unknown quantity at this point
so sad, the US gets jipped on everything. We need to learn from europeans.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:29 PM   #56
XnTroubleX
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
XnTroubleX is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I think that the massive amounts of money spent on this investigation and man power to complete this task would have been more beneficial if it was spent on anti-terrorism security or educational purposes for our children. There are so many schools that could have used this money on buying new books, or learning curriculum material! They should have used this money to fund more border patrol agents to keep drugs out of the reach of children. Or even spending it to increase security in schools to keep children safe from that one kid who was not liked enough and decides to come to school with a gun. But instead, their wasting money by removing cars just cause they dont pass standards of American government. When was the last time that a skyline hijacked an airplane and crashed it into two major buildings? When was the last time that a Skyline walked into a school and killed 20 children? When was the last time a skyline set off a roadside bomb? This is a complete waste of money!
Old 01-09-2010, 07:43 PM   #57
celm

Quote:
Originally Posted by XnTroubleX View Post
I think that the massive amounts of money spent on this investigation and man power to complete this task would have been more beneficial if it was spent on anti-terrorism security or educational purposes for our children. There are so many schools that could have used this money on buying new books, or learning curriculum material! They should have used this money to fund more border patrol agents to keep drugs out of the reach of children. Or even spending it to increase security in schools to keep children safe from that one kid who was not liked enough and decides to come to school with a gun. But instead, their wasting money by removing cars just cause they dont pass standards of American government. When was the last time that a skyline hijacked an airplane and crashed it into two major buildings? When was the last time that a Skyline walked into a school and killed 20 children? When was the last time a skyline set off a roadside bomb? This is a complete waste of money!
i hear you man
Old 01-10-2010, 04:34 PM   #58
JdmGtDriver
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (28)
JdmGtDriver can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JdmGtDriver Send a message via Yahoo to JdmGtDriver
Quote:
Originally Posted by celm View Post
i hear you man
+1 bro I feel you
Old 01-11-2010, 12:55 PM   #59
celm

think about it,every timethey go and seize a car from someone out side of the port.the $ spent for investigation,money spend for the man power,getting the agents out to the location and bring the impoud truck in,warrents,paperwork,etc...then its transported to a customs warehouse,they inventory it,post it on there website for auction.and they make it that the car has to be exported out of the country.so it will sell for pennies on teh dollar.for what that car sold for at auction.doesnt even cover the cost of gettimg the impound truck to go get the car.so how many tens of thousands of dollars were spent to take someones car.when that $ could of gone to something that can benifit the american people.i hate this country!!
Old 01-11-2010, 01:08 PM   #60
oni jake
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
oni jake is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
What? If you guys really "feel" that way. When the last time you guys went out and voted? When was the last time you took a active step in voicing your opinion? When was the last time you wrote your congressman or senator? You guys do realize they need public opinion to survive in any office they are running, so even if they personally don't agree with your voice, they are still basically required to give you attention.

Secondly, this money that is for the FEDs is pipelined and locked within a budget. These rules are in place to keep money from being transferred, untracked, and gives a specific budget justification.

For example. Lets say the FBI needs a average of $10 per year to operate. But because of the tight budget and fighting with other government organizations to get the most amount of money in the same pot which everyone feeds off of, the FBI must come up with sort of justification why it needs $10 for a up and coming year which no one can predict the future. Sometimes with how things are so unpredictable a entire organization, such as the FBI, only used $7 out of the entire year. So that extra $3 is basically locked and MUST be spent before the end of the fiscal year. This money can't go to other notable things because it's completely unethical. In short it sounds awesome to donate that money to find the cure for AIDS or something like buying school books, but in reality and dealing with any kind of law, any government organization giving money away is a complete waste as you can simply say, "why did we budget you $10 for the entire year in the first place?"

It's retarded but that's how the system fundamentally works for a government to move ahead in the fiscal year. I only know of this because I helped do some budgeting for my job in the Air Force and as much as it upset me at first to waste money, the more I looked into the more it makes sense. Whenever we hit the end of the fiscal year in Vehicle Maintenance and we had left over spare cash we would splurge on completely useless shit. Random $5000 tools that look awesome on paper and get absolutely zero action in the shop? We would have to spend our budget or the next year we get even less money to do our jobs as the number crunchers sit back and think "well they did need $10 last year, so lets just give them $5 this year."

Hopefully all that rambling makes sense. But seriously, if this bothers any of you, bitching about it on the internet, especially Zilvia really really really really accomplishes alot. Take 10 minutes out of your day and write your representing congressman, email the media, take proactive steps. The FBI is paid by people like you, me, and even the foreign assholes who come into the US and buy a Snickers bar. These guys have bosses, and just so be it thanks to democracy these bosses represent you.
Closed Thread