Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 12-23-2015, 06:52 PM   #1
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Juucso is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bunny S13 & R34 GT-R

Hello everybody! I'm Juuso from Finland and I own an Nissan 200SX S13 CA18DET.

In June 2014 when I was sixteen. I really didn't have large plans for the car then, but I wanted to do something that has not been built in Finland yet. Here is the car when I bought her! She was as project and the engine was not running. There were few things that needed to be done to get her running, but I decided to take the whole car apart, because I had two years time to get my drivers license.

After removing almost whole interior, automatic transmission and engine the car was taken to a barn for winter. I did plan to rebuild the whole engine in that winter, but then my family decided to move so I was busy on moving and did not have a lot of spare time while moving and I just had started my car mechanic school.

After taking the car to winter sleep I started to take the engine apart. I painted the block and few parts black. My plan was to make the engine 95% black, but then I was told that VHT wrinkle was a illegal paint in Finland the plan was ruined. I have not still not decided what I'll do with the engine. We'll see in near future.

While the winter I bought some nice parts for the car. Pair of used real Bride Zeta III's, Work Equip 05 wheels and Stancenation x Vertex limited edition steering wheel.

Also me and my dad did do a 6spd Getrag V160 swap and rebuild the engine of dad's JZA80. Made over 500rwhp, but with stock fuel pump and stock injectors engine didn't get enough fuel to make more power. After taking the car to dyno dad bought new injectors, fuel line and fuel pump so this problem will be fixed for next summer.

Finally in June I could do something to my car in our new garage! I test fitted the wheels and the results were.. Well, good I guess?

Few months after test fitting the wheels I received a large package from Japan, Kyoto.

Finally, finally my dream body kit has arrived! Rocket Bunny "380SX" kit! I had to go to garage same night to test fit the kit! I fell in love with it and the fitment was really good!

Next day it was time to install lower part of front lip to bumper. All the holes to the lip were predrilled so I did not need to wonder where to attach the lip.

Few days later I built the huge rear diffuser and installed it!

Next part was to make first test cut to front fender and install the duck tail spoiler.

After test fitting the RB front fenders I did not like how they fitted. They were hitting to body. Time to make some room! All the wiring and dash were removed. I did remove everything from engine bay too so I can make larger tubs.

Also we did make much room as possible to rear wheels. Also notice that this was my first time ever welding! I am pretty happy to the results.

Next part was to weld the cabin back together and test fit the front fenders again! They fitted perfectly!

Front fenders were cutted and stock sound deadening removal was started! Interior will stay at bare metal and I'll only install the dash, door panels and front seats. Everything else will be removed. I am thinking to paint the interior with semigloss dark grey.

After cutting and welding the car together it was time to install all the body kit parts to the car! All fenders and side skirts were installed and next thing to do was installing the front bumper, lower part of fenders and canards.

And this is how the car sits now!

Ps; Sorry for all misspelling! I try my best to fix every wrong word and mistake I wrote.

Last edited by Juucso; 09-14-2019 at 02:10 PM..
Juucso is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2015, 10:50 AM   #2
Big Zee
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
Big Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choicesBig Zee has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Big Zee
great work so far!!
Two-Tone owner#011509-Lightly Modded
Big Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 11:45 PM   #3
DevilZ
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
DevilZ is making a name for him/her selfDevilZ is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I don't post much but I will say, keep up the great work. quality parts and doing it RIGHT! MAD respect and continue to learn always!
Old 12-25-2015, 05:10 AM   #4
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Zee View Post
great work so far!!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilZ View Post
I don't post much but I will say, keep up the great work. quality parts and doing it RIGHT! MAD respect and continue to learn always!
Thank you! I appreciate jt!
Old 12-25-2015, 06:31 PM   #5
s1421
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
s1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the roughs1421 is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
This is going to be a good build!
s1421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 06:38 PM   #6
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1421 View Post
This is going to be a good build!
I hope so! I have plans for paint job that is going to share opinions and some will hate me for it.

Also my trailer fender is waiting on my local post office for me, but it is closed for two more days. After picking it up I can start to plan the engine bay! And 326power coilovers should be sent from Japan soon as Mr.Stancenation gets a shipping price information from them.
Old 12-26-2015, 01:18 PM   #7
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Well x-mas is now over and ended! Finally.....
Car is looking sad again. Whole frontend is now dissembled for the engine bay's tubing project!
The plan is to get the whole engine bay welded during my vacation, but we'll see do I have enough time for it. Let's keep the thumbs up tho!

I do not understand who the hell rapes engine bay like this!?

I cleaned up some sound deadening with angle grinder. Really loud, messy and shitty work, but I think the interior will look great after some dark gray paint!

Old 12-26-2015, 01:36 PM   #8
Konster
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
Konster is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Sick whip man.
Old 12-26-2015, 01:44 PM   #9
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konster View Post
Sick whip man.
Thank you!

__

I can not understand how hard it is to chose a good color for this car.. I have 180grams of "House of Kolor F14 rainbow" flake for the car. I have been bouncing between red and blue color. I love blue, but this blue it has now is definitely not my favorite shade of blue so the whole car will be repainted and imo red suits S13 really really well.
Old 12-27-2015, 11:06 AM   #10
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Today I picked up the fender from my local post office and did some ruff cuts to engine bay!

First of all I did cut the fender in half

A quick test fit! Fender needs some more cutting to fit it there. It's too high at the moment.

Next thing to do was removing the battery tray.. What a pain in the ass to be honest..

Step. 1 cuts to the engine bay.

And I ended the day with planning the metal plates for the fender. I think it will look good after some welding and paint!
Old 12-29-2015, 05:50 PM   #11
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Something small from today.. Not very much, but something! Trailer fender needs some more width, but I think it is a small problem in middle of all the other problems.

Old 12-30-2015, 08:40 AM   #12
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Hey, glad to see this thread.
Old 01-05-2016, 09:10 PM   #13
Hoonigan19
Leaky Injector

Hoonigan19 is an unknown quantity at this point
awesome work man, nice to see someone showing some quarter panel cutting for wide body.
Hoonigan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 01:41 AM   #14
Rambogolf

Rambogolf is an unknown quantity at this point
nice work, love the rocket bunny v2 and equip 05's what size are the equips if don't mind me asking?
Rambogolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 03:46 PM   #15
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Thanks guys!

They're pretty wide.. I might need new inner barrels for front wheels tho. I think they will hit coils. Well I gotta try them on when the coils arrive.
F: 18x12" +24 275/35r18
R: 18x13.5" +16 315/30r18

Oh, I did also order Kouki tails and they should arrive in few weeks. I'll post some more pictures when engine bay is fully welded back together.
Old 01-06-2016, 07:55 PM   #16
SR2oD3T
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
SR2oD3T is making a name for him/her selfSR2oD3T is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via MSN to SR2oD3T
nice work so far on the engine bay. tub the engine bay is time consuming. cant wait to see the final product. very sexy wide fender btw!
SR2oD3T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 09:54 AM   #17
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR2oD3T View Post
nice work so far on the engine bay. tub the engine bay is time consuming. cant wait to see the final product. very sexy wide fender btw!
Thank you!

It really is. You can spend hours on it and even one side is not ready. I hope another side is faster to do.

_____

Today I picked up some ziptie holders from Wurth. Hella expensive, but I hope that these will make my wiring look better! 0.86€ | 0.93$/pcs. My plans are to move battery, fuse-box and relay-box to trunk.

Also after month trying to find good color for the car and engine bay, I found a combo I really like! Like usually, picture can't tell how the colors really look, but yeah..

Also those colors combined to this "House of Kolor F14" flake is going to look really nice for my taste!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4yx9UVGQSA
Old 01-16-2016, 02:07 PM   #18
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Some updates from today! Engine bay is fully welded back together and passenger's side is sanded, painted with filler and added some body filler to smooth those welds. My goal is to get the car paint ready in this month. We'll see how it goes..

Also coils are coming at Frankfurt so I should receive them next week if we're lucky!

Last edited by Juucso; 01-22-2016 at 07:37 AM..
Juucso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2016, 12:20 PM   #19
lilcim
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
lilcim is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Wow great work! Pretty excited for what's coming up!
Old 01-17-2016, 12:23 PM   #20
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilcim View Post
Wow great work! Pretty excited for what's coming up!
Thank you! That is really nice to hear from you, because in my opinion you have one of the best projects in Zilvia.
Old 01-22-2016, 12:30 PM   #21
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Ei kerenny iskarit vielä tälle viikonlopulle, mutta eiköhän ne jo ensiviikolla tule kera toisen paketin! Konehuonetta käyty hiomassa ja kittaamassa uudelleen. Vähän tuli otettua liikaa kun ekaa kertaa pääsi koneella hiomaan... :lol: Maalausaika on sovittu ei vielä ensiviikoksi vaan sitä seuraavalle. Sitten nähdään millasta se toi sateenkaari hile oikeasti on!

Welp, the coils didn't come in this week, but I hope they'll arrive next week just like my new tail lights! Today I did go for a fast spin at the garage and did do some sanding and added more body filler. The engine bay is going to be painted in two weeks! I hope that the rainbow flake will look good.

Old 01-29-2016, 05:40 PM   #22
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Fast friday night spin at garage! Did some more sanding to engine bay and removed lillabit of OEM sound deadening. I hate that stuff..

Also installed my new tails! I have never before seen Kouki tails in real life, but they look awesome! Better than I expected! I am really happy with these!

Also received my coils this week! This might be the first set of 326power coilovers in Finland. I am amazed how good these feel in hands and how much attention there are to small details! I love it!

Ps: If you want to see more about Finnish Japan-made car culture, go and give my team a follow in instagram! @japtoysofficial
Old 02-01-2016, 11:44 PM   #23
DriftingBrandon
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
DriftingBrandon is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
What engine do you have in mind for swapping? Also, make that STuner replica!
Old 02-11-2016, 01:02 PM   #24
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopazBrandon View Post
What engine do you have in mind for swapping? Also, make that STuner replica!
I am staying with the CA18det for now, because I want to learn how to drive with lower power engine before I swap something with six cylinders in her.

___

Finally the engine bay is starting to look good!

Got some stickers from JaplandTv, finally after waiting 2.5months.

Stock wheels vs Equips made me laugh..

Old 02-11-2016, 03:33 PM   #25
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

This is pretty awesome
Old 02-11-2016, 03:46 PM   #26
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftsucky View Post

This is pretty awesome
Thank you! This weekend is going to really really busy, the whole car should be ready to taken to the paint shop on sunday. I hope I can make it happen! Then she will stay at the shop from three to four weeks.
Old 02-21-2016, 01:36 PM   #27
CARkid

CARkid is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks sexy man! [emoji1360]

How did you size the wheels for the rocket bunny fenders?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CARkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 06:28 PM   #28
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARkid View Post
Looks sexy man! [emoji1360]

How did you size the wheels for the rocket bunny fenders?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! I read some articles of S13s that had the Rocket Bunny kit and looked up the specs. Then I just tested out what set of wheels could work for me on willtheyfit.com
Old 02-23-2016, 06:29 AM   #29
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Around a week ago I left my car at the paint shop and in first week interior was painted and my dad sent me photo of recently painted engine bay! I frekin love it! Can't wait to see it IRL. There is around four liters of clear in the engine bay to make the flake covered.

Old 02-23-2016, 08:40 AM   #30
Gingersmurf
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Gingersmurf is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Wow, that color! Looks awesome!!
Gingersmurf is offline   Reply With Quote