Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-29-2015, 09:39 PM   #31
kashira kureijii
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
kashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-knownkashira kureijii is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
fortune autos come with a fucking diploma, what more could you want
kashira kureijii is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2015, 03:15 PM   #32
giant killer
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
giant killer is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
for what it's worth.. i bought ISIS pro's on there black friday deal.. with sr turbo lines too.. 650 shipped..
considering my hooptie has a blow right front and left rear and crab walks.. i feel like it's a worth while investment.. worst case scenario.. i hawk them to some local bro..

i'm posting here to remind myself to give you a review..
giant killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 03:31 PM   #33
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Juucso is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
Should've known this is the the ONE brand you'd ask about. A comprehensive list of quality shit is posted and you want the Need For Speed parts.
How should I know what is "Need For Speed" part if I can't find reviews of them? I can find only few that are in English and zero in Finnish. All I can find is "oh oh, I think they're gay, because you have pink as an color opinion" and other shit like that.. :face palm:

I'm just trying to find some good reviews of products so I know what I'm paying for. Please, if you know anyone who has compared 326powers to other "Non Need For Speed" parts let me know.

D2 and BC Racing are the most popular coilover brands in Finland and I have heard pretty crappy reviews of them.
Old 11-30-2015, 11:24 PM   #34
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juucso View Post
How should I know what is "Need For Speed" part if I can't find reviews of them? I can find only few that are in English and zero in Finnish. All I can find is "oh oh, I think they're gay, because you have pink as an color opinion" and other shit like that.. :face palm:

I'm just trying to find some good reviews of products so I know what I'm paying for. Please, if you know anyone who has compared 326powers to other "Non Need For Speed" parts let me know.

D2 and BC Racing are the most popular coilover brands in Finland and I have heard pretty crappy reviews of them.
No man I'm saying you're simply going for the 'flashy' item on your already 'flashy' build. There have been several VERY good options listed here for less than the price of 326 but since they don't have as much SwAAaG they're overlooked.
Old 12-01-2015, 01:20 AM   #35
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
As a general rule stick to Japanese brands. The quality is typically good to very good.

Then again generally the price reflects it as well. The chinese or american brands like auto futune typically are much lower so it usually reflect what you are getting.
turboshoebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 05:52 AM   #36
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
No man I'm saying you're simply going for the 'flashy' item on your already 'flashy' build. There have been several VERY good options listed here for less than the price of 326 but since they don't have as much SwAAaG they're overlooked.
I know that example HKS makes really good quality products! Dad does have several HKS parts on his JZA80. I have heard good and bad reviews of Tein and Apex'i products. 326power is something new to me so I want to see more reviews of it so I could know are they good as the few reviews say or are they made with huge hype of the "flashy" product.

My goal is not to make a flashy S13, my goal is make the car look like I want it to look! Maybe the style is overrated, but there is nothing I can do about it.

Turboshoe; exactly, 326power is designed in Japan, but I can not find where they're made. That is why I tried Zilvia on my problem. I hope someone could help me.
Old 12-01-2015, 07:21 AM   #37
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Ive had my tein super drift coils for about 5 years now and they are bad ass i love the stiffness.

damper settings can be adjusted via edfc i still have the helper spring in the back helps with the ride quality just a little bit i daily drove this car snow rain etc not a ounce of rust on the coils or springs very responsive coilover setup.

nice set of tires, arms, bushings and a good lsd (i have the ATS 2 way deftforce i love it) car will feel like you're on rails, although if you're not always on alert the lsd can bite you bad in the rain or snow. I love how you're in control with the harsh lsd lock and the on off throttle feel. Everyone is different!
RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 08:46 AM   #38
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB25GUY View Post
Ive had my tein super drift coils for about 5 years now and they are bad ass i love the stiffness.

damper settings can be adjusted via edfc i still have the helper spring in the back helps with the ride quality just a little bit i daily drove this car snow rain etc not a ounce of rust on the coils or springs very responsive coilover setup.

nice set of tires, arms, bushings and a good lsd (i have the ATS 2 way deftforce i love it) car will feel like you're on rails, although if you're not always on alert the lsd can bite you bad in the rain or snow. I love how you're in control with the harsh lsd lock and the on off throttle feel. Everyone is different!
What spring rates are you using? I am thinking about getting really really stiff springs. Maybe 20KG/MM to front and 16KG/MM to rear. This is because I want my car to be low and we do not have the best roads Finland.
Old 12-01-2015, 09:12 AM   #39
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
I believe they are 10k fronts and 8k rears.
Old 12-01-2015, 09:33 AM   #40
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB25GUY View Post
I believe they are 10k fronts and 8k rears.
Thank you! Well here stands the problem, every brand I try to look for is under 12/10k setups from factory. New springs will make the coilovers cost around 1800-2000usd. I think you can get 326power ones with custom spring rates and it doesn't cost that much. They would be straight ready from the package and no need to wait the new springs to come from factory. And what I have seen and read is that a lot of people in Japan use 326power products. I'll try to ask their opinions of the coils trough Facebook.
Old 12-01-2015, 09:36 AM   #41
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

never go wrong with 326 i have a buddy who deals with them pm me ill send you his email info.
Old 12-01-2015, 10:14 AM   #42
badbob2121
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
badbob2121 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I've had Tein SS on my S13 for like 6 years now, all in good shape and are not seized or rusty at all... and I drive harder than you pussies..

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM = BOBBY_LS13
badbob2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 10:23 AM   #43
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Crazyced is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I personally bought some Apexi N1 ExV on special for 900. I have yet to put them on but I'm looking forward to give them a try. This will be a track only car so no snow, salt, potholes or other road hazards to deal with.
Crazyced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 12:02 PM   #44
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboshoebox View Post
As a general rule stick to Japanese brands. The quality is typically good to very good.

Then again generally the price reflects it as well. The chinese or american brands like auto futune typically are much lower so it usually reflect what you are getting.
Proving how much of a twat you are, once again.

Dig deep enough and you'll see that most 'big' Japanese companies outsource to China...but someone as experienced as you knows this, I'm assuming.
Old 12-01-2015, 12:58 PM   #45
Silverbullet
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
Silverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Silverbullet
Quote:
Proving how much of a twat you are, once again.

Dig deep enough and you'll see that most 'big' Japanese companies outsource to China...but someone as experienced as you knows this, I'm assuming.
Even the American ones. The dampers come from China, and rest of the coilover is Assembled/Built in the USA or whatever buzz word they use.
Go back to whatever Honda forum you came from.
Silverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 01:07 PM   #46
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
2muchboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
FA 500 w/Swift Spring upgrade. Drives like a dream, cant wait to swap these in and get the Megan ones out. BTW...custom valving setup for LS1 (no drifting) through Enjuku. Ken has been and will continue to be the man. I have dealt with him for various parts and projects with 0 complaints.
2muchboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 01:33 PM   #47
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by drag-sr20 View Post

BC Racing BR type Coils - from enjuku

Megan Racing track Series Coilover - from frsport

d2 coilovers

Isr HR pro series coilovers- from enjuku

All garbage.

Basically you have 3 tiers of coilover. The poop you just listed, some other poop with better customer service and serviceable parts, then epic full race shit.

Poop: Megan, ISR, D2, etc (cheapy ebay china fun sticks)

Poop with good CS and replacement parts: PBM, Stance, Fortune (basically anything over $1000 mark, arguably similar quality to poop but at least the companies back it up)

Epic race shit: Zeal, Ohlins, etc (more expensive then you can afford)

I've used PBM on multiple cars, called the shop multiple times and always had great CS and all my questions about the products answered to my satisfaction. Just my 2 cents.

Or you could just search next time. You idiot.
Old 12-01-2015, 01:51 PM   #48
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchboost View Post
FA 500 w/Swift Spring upgrade. Drives like a dream, cant wait to swap these in and get the Megan ones out. BTW...custom valving setup for LS1 (no drifting) through Enjuku. Ken has been and will continue to be the man. I have dealt with him for various parts and projects with 0 complaints.
Hah. Upgrade. Feal comes with Swift springs but all the fucking Hoonigans care about are Stance and Fortune Auto. Then the Paisa guys rock Megan, ISR, and Racelands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
All garbage.

*valid opinions*

Oh stop being mean to the boy. He's trying to learn
Old 12-01-2015, 02:27 PM   #49
STEEZxIT
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
STEEZxIT is on the path to ruinSTEEZxIT is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
i laughed

on topic:
i've been looking at feal. i can tell you from personal experience that 6 year old k sport control pros/drift pros/whatevers aren't very good.
Old 12-01-2015, 02:34 PM   #50
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Quote:

Oh stop being mean to the boy. He's trying to learn

I'm pretty sure I've posted the above break down like three times in the last three years. I just like to set up for the punch line

God wtf am I even doing here. I haven't owned an S Chassis for awhile now.
Old 12-01-2015, 02:35 PM   #51
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
I had Tien SS on my S13 back in the day. It was a drift slut and barely driven on public roads (sans the occasional hoon session...I don't remember what we called it back in 04ish, but whatever it was then cuz hoon wasn't yet a thing). They got low (enough) and they didn't blow...so...they were good enough. I honestly don't remember if they were comfy cuz I didn't really care. Since then, in various platforms, I've used KW (chrysler 300C), BC (chrysler 300C and G35), and D2(G35) and they were all fine. The BC's were great on my 300 and I rode ridiculously low. I had no issues whatsoever with them. They were comfy enough for family drives with no complaints. However, the BC's developed a knock on my G35 and I ended up selling them and purchasing D2's with the intent of grabbing some of Edafe's stanceworks Zero Clearance coils which were made by AST. I never ended up doing that but kept my D2's. They were comfy and EXTREMELY low (about an inch of ground clearance). I've had friends on BC's with zero issues so that may have been just me.

I've ridden in a Toyota Aristo with 326Power back in 06 when I took a trip to Japan. My buddy Cody was stationed there and he had them on his car. Giddiness aside, they were legit. But, all we did was cruise around. He did some skids around corners, but nothing to adequately comment on. That said, I did have a soda pop in his car and much like Takumi Fujiwara attacking the mount Akina consecutive 5 turnings while delivering tofu, the liquid did not spill.

All that is to say, for what you're doing, get what you can afford. Track suspension on a street car is stupid. But, if the deciding factor is like 200 bux, just save the 200 bux and don't be a cheapo.
Old 12-01-2015, 02:37 PM   #52
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

Yup FA offers SWIFT springs as an upgrade. Lol at Hoonigan,,,,far from that broski. I bought FA after Drew (Turbo2nr) got a similar setup that drove great even on shitty NY roads. Guess he is Hoonigan as well? I am pretty sure I got my custom FA setup for less than FEAL retails their setup for.
Old 12-01-2015, 05:40 PM   #53
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I've posted the above break down like three times in the last three years. I just like to set up for the punch line

God wtf am I even doing here. I haven't owned an S Chassis for awhile now.
Old habits die hard. That's a response to both parts of this comment lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftsucky View Post
I had Tien SS on my S13 back in the day. It was a drift slut and barely driven on public roads (sans the occasional hoon session...I don't remember what we called it back in 04ish, but whatever it was then cuz hoon wasn't yet a thing).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2muchboost View Post
Yup FA offers SWIFT springs as an upgrade. Lol at Hoonigan,,,,far from that broski. I bought FA after Drew (Turbo2nr) got a similar setup that drove great even on shitty NY roads. Guess he is Hoonigan as well? I am pretty sure I got my custom FA setup for less than FEAL retails their setup for.
I don't know who Drew is. Does he live on Strong Island?
Old 12-01-2015, 06:37 PM   #54
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
i'd just get some megan's and throw swifts on them and call it a day if i were in the market for that budget lyfe tbh
Old 12-01-2015, 07:08 PM   #55
DomChan
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (23)
DomChan is making a name for him/her selfDomChan is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Fortune Auto 500s are amazing.
DomChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 08:36 PM   #56
shephurd
Zilvia Member

shephurd is an unknown quantity at this point
Make an Wake of Art R.Y.O RII HiMax Damper
shephurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 08:36 PM   #57
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

As noted in parenthesis he is a respected Zilvia member. I am certain you have looked over his thread: http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=486830. Again, I don't think you would consider his build Hoonigan. Have you ever even been in a car with a proper FA setup or are you just spitting up random info?

Nope Drew lives in Queens. If it makes you feel any better I no longer live in Strong Island either
Old 12-01-2015, 08:57 PM   #58
mhubeny180sx
BANNED

mhubeny180sx is an unknown quantity at this point
fortune is garbo, they are like the cosmis of coilovers. not as shitty as raceland (xxr) but slightly better than megan (varrstoen)

all fotm Chinese junk waste of money.
seems like you aren't looking to spend big money or require performance based on your post, so just get a decent set of lowering springs and call her a day.
mhubeny180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 09:24 PM   #59
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

FA is garbage compared to what? Dude comparing Raceland to FA is ridiculous....you know better than that. For the average person to justify spending the cash for top quality coil overs isn't justified including myself. I got FAs in custom valving and spring rates for rare occasional 1/4 runs and mostly weekend driving. They do a great job for both at the price point. Sure I could get a custom setup made by some friends that are only performance oriented and they would cost more and perform spot on. Realistically how many of us fucktards can justify the cost.

And please enlighten me as to how bad FAs are...not hear-say actual data showing why? All of the data and performance I have seen from them are positive especially within thief price range. Again your statements seem generic. If I was gonna compare these to the custom Bilstein Damptronic setup I had in my M3....it would be a silly comparison.
Old 12-01-2015, 09:29 PM   #60
dizzariot
Post Whore!

That fucking mhubeny180sx kid knows nothing. Don't even bother talking to him. He's just trying to fake it until he makes it.

A friend of mine had Fortune Autos. Battle version Arms. Not a nice set of coilovers. What do you mean by 'proper setup'?