Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-24-2015, 08:41 PM   #1
Jose1
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Jose1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Street racing ? Really ?

http://abc7.com/news/santa-ana-polic...racing/955545/
Jose1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2015, 09:23 PM   #2
EnemyS15
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
EnemyS15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Not sure what you are trying to point out with this.

But, if they are hauling ass on the streets, doing doughnuts, and driving like fucktards on public roads/property..... then that is indeed street racing and reckless driving.

Props to the cops for busting people being stupid and putting other drivers in harms way. They should impound those cars permanently!

Last edited by EnemyS15; 08-28-2015 at 02:34 PM..
EnemyS15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 10:18 PM   #3
wanna240
Zilvia Member

wanna240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Street racing ? Really ?

Quote from site: It's "the second time in a month that we've had juveniles under the age of two that have been in vehicles that have been involved in speed contests,"

Dafuq? So people under the age of two are street racing?

Also, these are the dickheads that give car enthusiasts a bad name. At least find an empty road? Better yet a track. Nobody wants to die because of your high, retarded ass.
wanna240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 11:05 PM   #4
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
good job "slide garage".
not smart.
not smart at all.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 11:21 PM   #5
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Paisa Drift wasn't involved this time? wow!
Old 08-24-2015, 11:54 PM   #6
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Again, it doesn't look like it's the car enthusiast that we all identify with that are involved, but rather, dumbasses in regular cars driving recklessly..in this case most likely on the way back from picking up diapers and baby formula.

Seriously, was that a Chevy Cruze that was impounded for racing?
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 01:31 AM   #7
Jose1
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
good job "slide garage".
not smart.
not smart at all.
wait, is this the same as sideways performance ?
Old 08-25-2015, 06:33 AM   #8
brndck
Premium Member

brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose1 View Post
wait, is this the same as sideways performance ?
Not the same.

Quote:
Old 08-25-2015, 06:40 AM   #9
Cash
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
Cash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond reputeCash has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Cash
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanna240 View Post
Quote from site: It's "the second time in a month that we've had juveniles under the age of two that have been in vehicles that have been involved in speed contests,"

Not sure if you're joking, but sensible logic should tell you the quoted statement is referring to people racing with toddlers in the car - child endangerment.
Cash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 07:46 AM   #10
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cash View Post
Not sure if you're joking, but sensible logic should tell you the quoted statement is referring to people racing with toddlers in the car - child endangerment.
sensible logic tells me that two year olds need to do a better job at running from the cops instead of getting busted for street racing.

Quote:
Old 08-25-2015, 08:40 AM   #11
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Having a one and half year old, I can't fathom how these idiot were "engauging in a speed contest" with their kids in the car.

I wouldn't be worried about child services or jail time, but rather the fury of my wife, my mother and my in-laws... I doubt I would survive until my court date.

Also, why the fuck would the dude do an interview when he doesn't have any permits?
Old 08-25-2015, 08:42 AM   #12
ilia
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
ilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to allilia is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Just popping in to state that it's reckless driving, not wreckless. Not sure how people are unfamiliar with the word reckless that frequently.
Old 08-25-2015, 09:15 AM   #13
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280VertDET View Post
Having a one and half year old, I can't fathom how these idiot were "engaging in a speed contest" with their kids in the car.

I wouldn't be worried about child services or jail time, but rather the fury of my wife, my mother and my in-laws... I doubt I would survive until my court date.
</p>
Ditto. As a dad, reading that part made me furious. I sincerely hope CPS gets involved with those cases. Keep it on the track!!!</p>
Old 08-25-2015, 09:31 AM   #14
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Crazyced is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Street racing in an industrial area? eeh

Racing with a young child (no seat belt no less) and a baby on the back seat? Lock him up for a while.
Crazyced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 09:51 AM   #15
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
/insert funny joke you guys might laugh at and forget in 5 mins

/insert old man comments

/insert Fast and furious tokyo drift wisdom "Whats the point of a race?..." - Han

Seriously though, that chevy cruze wtf???

I'd like to share a story, if you dont want to read it dont bother reading the rest of my post

So about a couple weeks ago I took my 17 year old brother to a parking lot late at night to teach him how to drive. Naturally it was a huge parking lot where the local teens think that its their spot up on the mountain where they can drift and no one can bother them right next to the pizza place. There was us in our moms honda accord and another car doing the same thing as us. Outta nowhere there was this black acura tl with like 4-5 teens in it flying around the parking lot like some kind of autox track racer. They pulled up next to us for some reason and I thought we were gonna get robbed. Then they flew off. Around 11 pm they were seen leaving the lot (fast as shit). My brother and I left about the same time the other teen that was practicing decided to leave since I didnt want to risk getting harasses by the local mafia or some shit.

Next morning there was a front page story about a horrible crash near the industrial complex about 5 mins from where we were. 3-4 teens killed in a black acura tl only the driver survived. There was a huge curve and the driver lost control and slammed into a tree. The cops said they were racing.

I can go on and say how all those families are suffering, I can make some dad comments about safety, I can call the driver an expletive because he wanted to look cool for his friends, but no one cares. Some teenager will go out and still do the same shit tonight. The magnitude of the accident will differ but it will still be the same cause ( careless driving, wreckless, racing whatever)

Hell, I made the same mistake in 2012 when me and my friend decided to do some time attacks on a street that was only like 15 feet wide and i went into a large curb.

Just felt like sharing that. Theres no subliminal message, nothing of learning value that you dont already know. This post is not meant to end how you elephant.
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 10:36 AM   #16
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
/insert funny joke you guys might laugh at and forget in 5 mins

/insert old man comments

/insert Fast and furious tokyo drift wisdom "Whats the point of a race?..." - Han

I'd like to share a story, if you dont want to read it dont bother reading the rest of my post

So about a couple weeks ago I took my 17 year old brother to a parking lot late at night to teach him how to drive. Naturally it was a huge parking lot where the local teens think that its their spot up on the mountain where they can drift and no one can bother them right next to the pizza place. There was us in our moms honda accord and another car doing the same thing as us. Outta nowhere there was this black acura tl with like 4-5 teens in it flying around the parking lot like some kind of autox track racer. They pulled up next to us for some reason and I thought we were gonna get robbed. Then they flew off. Around 11 pm they were seen leaving the lot (fast as shit). My brother and I left about the same time the other teen that was practicing decided to leave since I didnt want to risk getting harasses by the local mafia or some shit.

Next morning there was a front page story about a horrible crash near the industrial complex about 5 mins from where we were. 3-4 teens killed in a black acura tl only the driver survived. There was a huge curve and the driver lost control and slammed into a tree. The cops said they were racing.

I can go on and say how all those families are suffering, I can make some dad comments about safety, I can call the driver an expletive because he wanted to look cool for his friends, but no one cares. Some teenager will go out and still do the same shit tonight. The magnitude of the accident will differ but it will still be the same cause ( careless driving, wreckless, racing whatever)

Hell, I made the same mistake in 2012 when me and my friend decided to do some time attacks on a street that was only like 15 feet wide and i went into a large curb.

Just felt like sharing that. Theres no subliminal message, nothing of learning value that you dont already know. This post is not meant to end how you elephant.
It doesn't happen overnight, but mentalities can change. Look at drunk driving. It still happens, but noting like 40 years ago.

We have to make race tracks / autocross events more available and appealing.
Old 08-25-2015, 10:38 AM   #17
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanna240 View Post

Also, these are the dickheads that give car enthusiasts a bad name. At least find an empty road? Better yet a track. Nobody wants to die because of your high, retarded ass.
What the fuck is wrong with you guys. Taking your child and baby out for a night on the town street racing is perfectly OK with me. I mean, where the fuck are these guys supposed to find a race track that will allow them to race with their kids in the back seat WITHOUT seatbelts? This is why you need to be smart and take it to the streets. I commend these guys and I think they did the right thing. The guy was spending quality time with his family and also teaching them from a very young age the importance of safety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280VertDET View Post
Having a one and half year old, I can't fathom how these idiot were "engauging in a speed contest" with their kids in the car.

Also, why the fuck would the dude do an interview when he doesn't have any permits?
He did an interview because from where I can see, it looked like Miller Time.

Really guys, you have too much faith in humanity. You should all sit back and watch the gene pool thin out. I think we are very fortunate that people this stupid have the freedom to make bad decisions.

(/heavy sarcasm)
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 01:28 PM   #18
Mustache240
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
Mustache240 is making a name for him/her selfMustache240 is making a name for him/her selfMustache240 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Slide Garage has nothing to do with the races that are going on in that area it just so happens that the shop is located on that street. I mean even in the video they said that there were 30+ TRUCKS. Slide garage mostly works on track cars, RBs, etc. Josh told us last night that they brought in like 8 patrol cars and 2 officials that have been in an ongoing "investigation" thats lasted 18 weeks just to give him a $100 ticket. Like wtf haha
Mustache240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 02:18 PM   #19
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

There's something to be said about trying to do your profession/business legally though.
Old 08-25-2015, 02:45 PM   #20
Kuma
Zilvia Addict

Kuma is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
You wanna race for pinks, bruh!?

I kind of felt bad for the business owner... But you don't go on the news admitting guilt if you're running a business without the proper permits. At least it's better than trying to sell drugs on craigslist, I guess...
Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 04:18 PM   #21
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Even though it will assuredly continue, if even just one of us is able to convince one twat not to do this shit and potentially save a life, then it's worth it. Yeah, I used to street race & do dumb shit as a kid too. Until I got a job handling emergency dispatch, think OnStar, but for BMW. I got a call from a family in a BMW X5 that had plowed through a Lotus Elise who hit them head on racing down some SoCal canyon. The call was so clear that street racing was the cause of the accident and it was fucking bad. I'll never forget that call. I vowed to keep it on the track ever since and to discourage street racing everytime talks about that bullshit to me. Show these kids where their local tracks are. Anything you can do within your power to save a life and avoid the car scene getting yet another black eye over these asshats.
Old 08-25-2015, 07:53 PM   #22
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustache240 View Post
Slide Garage has nothing to do with the races that are going on in that area it just so happens that the shop is located on that street. I mean even in the video they said that there were 30+ TRUCKS. Slide garage mostly works on track cars, RBs, etc. Josh told us last night that they brought in like 8 patrol cars and 2 officials that have been in an ongoing "investigation" thats lasted 18 weeks just to give him a $100 ticket. Like wtf haha
Any shop that's name has "slide" or "drift" or ANY variation DESERVES to be hassled. What kind of a fucking moron would open a business without permits anyways? Fucking drift kids...

racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 12:26 AM   #23
Jose1
Leaky Injector

Sideways performance / Chris Kregorian
Old 08-26-2015, 08:28 AM   #24
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Even though it will assuredly continue, if even just one of us is able to convince one twat not to do this shit and potentially save a life, then it's worth it. Yeah, I used to street race & do dumb shit as a kid too. Until I got a job handling emergency dispatch, think OnStar, but for BMW. I got a call from a family in a BMW X5 that had plowed through a Lotus Elise who hit them head on racing down some SoCal canyon. The call was so clear that street racing was the cause of the accident and it was fucking bad. I'll never forget that call. I vowed to keep it on the track ever since and to discourage street racing everytime talks about that bullshit to me. Show these kids where their local tracks are. Anything you can do within your power to save a life and avoid the car scene getting yet another black eye over these asshats.
That was not street racing. Street racing is organized side-by-side drag racing. Watch youtube "active hood rich" channel for a glimpse of street racing.

Chances are that the Lotus was involved in whats called SPEEDING, or just driving recklessly. There is nothing we can do about careless people.

I have done plenty of stupid things on the street. I never killed anyone nor have I ever even crashed my car. The solution to this problem is simple, get older. Once you get older, you have more important shit to do than go speeding down a street or participating in penis competitions.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:39 AM   #25
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
Any shop that's name has "slide" or "drift" or ANY variation DESERVES to be hassled. What kind of a fucking moron would open a business without permits anyways? Fucking drift kids...
ask yourself this

what kind of shop or itemizes all of the car's problems / to-do list on the fucking car's window?

paper and pencil, computers, all too complex eh?

like i said, its miller time baby

if you ask me, its all a racket anyway. what does the bureau of automotive repair do? does it help make a shitty technician a better technician? ive never encountered that. there are plenty of sub par mechanics operating that have permits. it only generates revenue for the city and puts the shop on the map...
Old 08-26-2015, 09:20 AM   #26
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
That was not street racing. Street racing is organized side-by-side drag racing. Watch youtube &quot;active hood rich&quot; channel for a glimpse of street racing.

Chances are that the Lotus was involved in whats called SPEEDING, or just driving recklessly. There is nothing we can do about careless people.

I have done plenty of stupid things on the street. I never killed anyone nor have I ever even crashed my car. The solution to this problem is simple, get older. Once you get older, you have more important shit to do than go speeding down a street or participating in penis competitions.
Nah, the Lotus & another car were both speeding/racing downhill at the same time when the accident happened. Or so the dad in the X5 told me. The other car just kept going & fled the scene. I just didn't feel the need to elaborate all the details. But I do agree that getting older should help most ppl grow out of this stuff. With age you gain priorities & experience. Not only is street racing not fucking important to you anymore, but you learn that there are vastly superior ways to feed your need for speed, ie track racing. But there is nothing wrong with using your age, experience to influence younger guys to refine their skills at the track instead of the street.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:13 PM   #27
racepar1
Post Whore!

racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
That was not street racing. Street racing is organized side-by-side drag racing. Watch youtube "active hood rich" channel for a glimpse of street racing.

I honestly don't see REAL organized street racing as much of a threat to anyone's safety. The dumbfucks you see on the news are ALL just jackasses that happen to pull up next to each other at a stop light and decide to engage in a penis measuring competition. Stupid people are the REAL problem. Unfortunately there's really no solution to that problem. Not that I think it's cool to street race, I just don't consider it a major safety hazard that warrants a special task force to protect the public's safety.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:32 PM   #28
mixeds14
Leaky Injector

mixeds14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I honestly don't see REAL organized street racing as much of a threat to anyone's safety. The dumbfucks you see on the news are ALL just jackasses that happen to pull up next to each other at a stop light and decide to engage in a penis measuring competition. Stupid people are the REAL problem. Unfortunately there's really no solution to that problem. Not that I think it's cool to street race, I just don't consider it a major safety hazard that warrants a special task force to protect the public's safety.
any street racing is a threat, whether is organized or not, people can still get hurt or killed by someones mistake or a broken part. its not a controlled environment like the tracks and it takes a matter of seconds to lose a life. besides is bad for even the car enthusiast just for the simple fact that cops may think theres some kind of racing waiting to happen after meets, even if people are just there chilling. is stupid $hit like this that has ruin it for everyone else.. its $hit like this that keep good meets from happening cause the places think that everyone is goin to act like fools in their parking lots. keep it on the track for everyones sake.
mixeds14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:41 PM   #29
racepar1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixeds14 View Post
any street racing is a threat, whether is organized or not, people can still get hurt or killed by someones mistake or a broken part. besides is bad for even the car enthusiast just for the simple fact that cops may think theres some kind of racing waiting to happen after meets, even if people are just there chilling. is stupid $hit like this that has ruin it for everyone else.. its $hit like this that keep good meets from happening cause the places think that everyone is goin to act like fools in their parking lots. keep it on the track for everyones sake.
I really don't give a fuck if a couple idiots wanna find their way out to the middle of bum fuck nowhere and play street outlaws. They can go ahead and kill themselves, proves Darwin right. I DO care if a couple morons wanna race from stoplight to stoplight on a typical city street and kill grandma on the way back from bingo, which is the REAL issue here. If you put yourself into a hazardous situation then you've gotta live (or die) with the consequences, this includes the spectators that wanna stand right next to the cars going by. I've got no problem with that. I see no reason to protect people from themselves.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:50 PM   #30
mixeds14
Leaky Injector

mixeds14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I really don't give a fuck if a couple idiots wanna find their way out to the middle of bum fuck nowhere and play street outlaws. They can go ahead and kill themselves, proves Darwin right. I DO care if a couple morons wanna race from stoplight to stoplight on a typical city street and kill grandma on the way back from bingo, which is the REAL issue here. If you put yourself into a hazardous situation then you've gotta live (or die) with the consequences, this includes the spectators that wanna stand right next to the cars going by. I've got no problem with that. I see no reason to protect people from themselves.
I now what ur saying but even if some idiots go out in the middle of nowhere and race and something happens, its still street racing. and that affects everyone else just for the simple fact that if u have a fixed up car or hell a exhaust on it, its goin to draw some police attention towards u.. that's kind of my point
mixeds14 is offline   Reply With Quote