Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 12-27-2018, 05:45 PM   #1
Silvia180_

Trader Rating: (0)
Silvia180_ is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Transmission crossmember nut broken

Hey guys so I recently picked up a 95 s14 shell as a project. Very clean shell over all until I got to installing my transmissions cross member all was going good until I noticed the final hole didn’t have any thread at all and as I peeked over to side I noticed there was a hole there. Idk what to do now just leave it there and go on with my day or is my whole shell fucked. How can I fix this if possible at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Silvia180_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2019, 09:20 AM   #2
unicoder
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
unicoder is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Looks like they stripped it and made the hole so they could put a bolt through and a nut on the back?

5.3 V8 Swap w/ Nitrous
unicoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2019, 10:14 AM   #3
d9m13n
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
d9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
^Hes most likely correct. If it had stripped or been broken by the P.O. thats the only solution you have. It shouldnt be an issue unless you have a solid trans mount and it's putting a lot of stress through that area.

Put another nut in there, tack weld it in similar to how it would have been done by Nissan. Looks like it would be a bit difficult but not impossible to weld the hole back up with sheet metal for some real peace of mind.

Unless the surrounding area is covered in rot and is falling apart, it shouldn't be an issue. Just clean it up, weld some sheet in, and toss some paint on it so it wont rust.
d9m13n is offline   Reply With Quote