Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 12-22-2018, 09:22 AM   #1
steves_2jz240

Trader Rating: (1)
steves_2jz240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
240sx S14 fuel pump upgrade

What’s up guys!

I’m swapping a 2jz single turbo into my S14.

My question regards to the fuel system. I have an aeromotive fuel pressure regulator and I’m running -8 feed and -6 return line and I’ll also run e85. I’m using the walbro 450 fuel pump. I already know how I’m running the feed line but question is in regards to the return line into and through the top hat.

I assume I’m better off removing the charcoal canister and plugging the line into the top hat for the canister. But how do I go through the top hat with the return line? Can I just connect it to the existing connector? (Which is only slightly smaller but the holes on the other side of the top hat are crazy small) or do I drill through it use a bulkhead and just let it dump into the tank?

I’m going to add some pictures as soon as I get home tonight.
steves_2jz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2019, 09:14 PM   #2
dreaMervaj
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (18)
dreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-knowndreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-knowndreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-knowndreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-knowndreaMervaj is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by steves_2jz240 View Post
What’s up guys!

I’m swapping a 2jz single turbo into my S14.

My question regards to the fuel system. I have an aeromotive fuel pressure regulator and I’m running -8 feed and -6 return line and I’ll also run e85. I’m using the walbro 450 fuel pump. I already know how I’m running the feed line but question is in regards to the return line into and through the top hat.

I assume I’m better off removing the charcoal canister and plugging the line into the top hat for the canister. But how do I go through the top hat with the return line? Can I just connect it to the existing connector? (Which is only slightly smaller but the holes on the other side of the top hat are crazy small) or do I drill through it use a bulkhead and just let it dump into the tank?

I’m going to add some pictures as soon as I get home tonight.
No responses!?!? I've had the same questions as I'll be running -8 for feed and return. I've tried to search for photos of 240's that have gone this route but have not seen anything.. and I believe the only aftermarket option is PHR which is $450-$500 if I remember correctly.
dreaMervaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 08:34 AM   #3
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
jedi03 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I would suggest look at other peoples setups to see what they have...the size difference is prone to leak, but if you can get a good seal on doing your own line it should work great!
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 08:31 PM   #4
steves_2jz240

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaMervaj View Post
No responses!?!? I've had the same questions as I'll be running -8 for feed and return. I've tried to search for photos of 240's that have gone this route but have not seen anything.. and I believe the only aftermarket option is PHR which is $450-$500 if I remember correctly.
Hey so I think I figured it out. Using the stock top hat I'm going to cut off the inlet and outlet feed and drill them to the proper size. The pump is 5/16" so I'm going to attach a hose from the pump to a 5/16" hose barb to -8 an bulkhead I found on summit racing.
The return line I'm going to do a similar setup. A -6 an bulkhead to a 5/16" hose barb into the tank and ill attach an aluminum line into the tank that way the fuel going back into the tank doesn't hit with such pressure.

Unfortunately, I already ordered the bulkhead from driftmotion and nobody sells a regular 5/16" hose barb to -8an so I'll need extra fittings

I have a YouTube and once I receive the order I'll be installing it so make sure you check it out.
The YouTube is "All Cars Everything"
Old 08-08-2019, 06:57 AM   #5
steves_2jz240

here is the video i made on this..

https://youtu.be/0yf1SDk6OGk
Old 08-08-2019, 07:27 AM   #6
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
The fuel return for S14 fuel tank is supposed to pull fuel from one side of the fuel tank to the area where the fuel sock is, because I guess fuel can't get there on it's own if the level drops low enough.

Doesn't look like you retained that functionality so I am curious how low your fuel tank can run before it runs out of fuel at the sock
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 09:35 AM   #7
steves_2jz240

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
The fuel return for S14 fuel tank is supposed to pull fuel from one side of the fuel tank to the area where the fuel sock is, because I guess fuel can't get there on it's own if the level drops low enough.

Doesn't look like you retained that functionality so I am curious how low your fuel tank can run before it runs out of fuel at the sock
Yea i removed the venturi system. I couldnt figure out how to keep it since the fuel pump would overwhelm the small holes the venturi system creates. I wil be able to go down to 1/4 tank before I get fuel cut off. For now that will work till i get a fuel cell.

The s14 tanks are known to crack anyway and they are crazy expensive to get another one so fuel cell is the way to go