Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 12-05-2018, 09:53 AM   #1
tom
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
tom is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
R32 Ka24det

Last year my 97 kouki got rear ended, I need a chassis to swap the motor into. I looked at numerous different options and tried to find another clean kouki but they were way over priced. I already had a R32 GTR so I had lots of stock parts laying around. So I decided to buy a R32 gtst and swap out the RB20 and swap in my fully built KA. This is the process it has made.

Found the R32 GTST on Japanese Classics website decided to buy it, though I will never buy a car from them again.

The car arrived January of last year. The car seemed to be just pieced together which didn’t bother me since I wanted to track the car. Plus the RB20 ran perfect.

I contacted the the guys at Full-lock llc to help me with the swap since I was super busy with work. They pulled the RB20 the first day the R32 showed up and I sold it the next day.

A s13 crossmember was sourced.

Now we are just waiting on the a wire harness from wiring specialties, then I’m taking the car to get retuned. Since the motor was already tuned on a AEM EMS V2 @19psi on 93oct but had cold start issues and the guys at full lock found it had a broken head stud and head gasket that was starting to go which was swapped for brand new arp studs and a cosworth HG.
tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2018, 10:27 AM   #2
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Approved. I've been following your post on the crappy facebook pages. Happy to see you made it here.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 10:37 AM   #3
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
I love the blasphemy going on here...subscribed.
Old 12-05-2018, 10:37 AM   #4
MiamiGrinch240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
MiamiGrinch240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
This is amazing, congrats!
Old 12-05-2018, 11:44 AM   #5
codyzsilvia
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
codyzsilvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hell yeah this is dope
Old 12-05-2018, 11:58 AM   #6
turbo2nr
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
turbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enoughturbo2nr will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr
Excited! chassis looks perfect, and I am partial to Ka-t..

What was the power numbers on the current setup? What size turbo? More details on your ka-t setup?

s14 kouki ka-t
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 12:41 PM   #7
tom
Leaky Injector

It made 431@19psi with the broken head stud and bad head gasket. The turbo is a AGP 256RS with .75A/R twin scroll housing. Here’s a rough overview.

Motor:
JE pistons 9:1
Manley rods
Cosworth HG
ARP main/ head studs
Super tech valves/springs
Crower 264 cams
JWT cam gears

Fuel:
Custom fuel rail
ID 1000cc injectors
Walbro 450 pump

Turbo:
AGP s256rs .75A/R twin scroll
Full Race manifold
Tial wastegate
Hks Bov
FMIC

Drivetrain:
Exedy twin disc
Old 12-05-2018, 01:05 PM   #8
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post

Found the R32 GTST on Japanese Classics website decided to buy it, though I will never buy a car from them again.
Well since you brought it up, you can't leave us hanging.
Old 12-05-2018, 01:17 PM   #9
tom
Leaky Injector

When I called them when I started looking for a chassis. I told them I didn’t care about the motor, just that the chassis was clean. They told me the car would be a good choice for what my plans were. So I received the car and I noticed issues off the start the bumper was zip tied on and trim pieces were worn out. Which wasn’t a big issue since I had spares. Then I found out the car use to be a auto and was swapped, which is my fault for not checking the vin. Then we found rust holes under the front fenders which have been repaired thanks to full lock. And then we found side damage they were hiding under the side skirt. Whenever they had the car painted some asshole kept touching the rear bumper, who knows why. But now the rear bumper has 20 finger nail marks. I’m just not happy with them and they just told me what did you expect from a 15yr car. Lucky almost all things have been repaired or replaced with new parts.
Old 12-05-2018, 02:04 PM   #10
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
A KA powered Skyline... you must have tons of 'haterz'.

Looks beautiful man.
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 02:42 PM   #11
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
wow, that is good to know about japanese classics. i was under the impression that they only imported clean stuff (look at the celsiors they have), that is good to know. either way, that stuff should have all been listed in the ad.

seriously love the unique-ness of this. you will be keeping purists up at night.
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 03:29 PM   #12
MiamiGrinch240
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [240sx] View Post
A KA powered Skyline... you must have tons of 'haterz'.

Looks beautiful man.
Prob gets less hate than LS swaps. Never seen so much hate for a motor before.
I love this KA-T R32 idea, but I’m also partial to KA’s & have never used any other motors in my car. KA is such an underappreciated powerplant. Everytime my hood is popped I end up correcting at least 2-3 people that think it’s an SR.
Old 12-05-2018, 03:34 PM   #13
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiGrinch240 View Post
Prob gets less hate than LS swaps. Never seen so much hate for a motor before.
Amen to that. This thing looks super clean, I can dig it.
Old 12-05-2018, 03:42 PM   #14
speedgod^s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
speedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to speedgod^s13
I ain't gonna lie, when I read the title, my blood pressure started rising. But, that KA is putting out really good numbers, and I'd argue that it's a better platform to build, vs the RB20, at least in these these times.
speedgod^s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 03:45 PM   #15
MiamiGrinch240
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedgod^s13 View Post
I'd argue that it's a better platform to build, vs the RB20, at least in these these times.
For sure. I think the purists would go crazy if you pulled a 26 out of a GTR, but this makes perfect sense.
Old 12-05-2018, 08:26 PM   #16
speedgod^s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
speedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to speedgod^s13
Quote:
For sure. I think the purists would go crazy if you pulled a 26 out of a GTR, but this makes perfect sense.
Even a non-purist would be a fool to yank out a running 26 to replace it with a KA.
speedgod^s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 08:42 PM   #17
tom
Leaky Injector

Well it was only a RB20, people either love or hate my build.
Old 12-05-2018, 10:50 PM   #18
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
This isnt right, man... it's really good but it aint right man. There's something bigger than car manufactures and tuners, and it's watching all of us and what we do with our cars. I'd be careful, man.
Old 12-05-2018, 11:57 PM   #19
mattrobertsxn
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
mattrobertsxn is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
This isnt right, man... it's really good but it aint right man. There's something bigger than car manufactures and tuners, and it's watching all of us and what we do with our cars. I'd be careful, man.

What are you on about? Careful about what lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mattrobertsxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 01:50 AM   #20
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
In for this as well lmao

Really cool so far dude, much better than an LS. Those are some fucking insane numbers out of a KA.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 02:31 AM   #21
Wknd

Wknd is an unknown quantity at this point
My first question was why, but after reading the thread I realized I love obscure builds like this.
Wknd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 08:51 AM   #22
EnnEssEnnKAT
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
EnnEssEnnKAT can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Nice build, really nice, what was the head gasket that was in there and damaged before?

Sent from mTalk
EnnEssEnnKAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 09:37 AM   #23
tom
Leaky Injector

Quote:
How is this not right, since in Japan a lot of drift R32s are swapped to SR20s? And if it makes you feel any better heres some pics of my GTR. What should I be careful of?

Last edited by tom; 12-06-2018 at 03:34 PM..
Old 12-06-2018, 10:09 AM   #24
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Been watching this post on FB. I approve.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 10:35 AM   #25
MiamiGrinch240
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnnEssEnnKAT View Post
Nice build, really nice, what was the head gasket that was in there and damaged before?
I can only imagine it was a Cometic? Cosworth makes the best KA HG, run one on my setup as the Cometic’s have a rep for going after 500rwhp. Haven’t heard anything feedback wise about Tomei’s yet.
Old 12-06-2018, 10:37 AM   #26
mattrobertsxn
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
mattrobertsxn is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I dont care what anybody says.

This thing is cool as hell
mattrobertsxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 11:46 AM   #27
snorkelcoupe
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
snorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her selfsnorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her selfsnorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
Well it was only a boat anchor, people either love or hate my build.
Love this, I wonder how the different weight distribution will make the car feel
snorkelcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 12:08 PM   #28
EnnEssEnnKAT
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
EnnEssEnnKAT can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
I can only imagine it was a Cometic? Cosworth makes the best KA HG, run one on my setup as the Cometic’s have a rep for going after 500rwhp. Haven’t heard anything feedback wise about Tomei’s yet.
Yeah I wonder because I run the Tomei but do not push that much power yet, hopefully it was another brand or stock.
EnnEssEnnKAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 12:23 PM   #29
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
OP, ignore feito. he posts werid/dumb shit.

looking forward to more updates!
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 01:07 PM   #30
tom
Leaky Injector

The bad head gasket was a cometic, installed now is a cosworth. Since I have only heard good things about them, I almost went with a Tomei. But there isn’t much feed back about them on the KA.