Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 10-31-2018, 01:31 AM   #1
speedgod^s13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
speedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Send a message via AIM to speedgod^s13
Adjustable Arms/Axle issue

Okay, I desperately need some help. Installed all of my rear arms on my s13 subframe, then installed my Insane Shafts axles, but for some reason, the axle seem too long? The adjustable control arm is almost maxed out on threads, and I've still got a ton of positive camber. I can't adjust the arms any further out, without it being completely unsafe. But, the axle is still kind of squished. I'm pretty positive the axles are the correct ones for my 13, but I don't know how to fix this problem. Any help is appreciated.

speedgod^s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2018, 08:05 AM   #2
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Does one side seem too short?

If so, its because the axles are different lengths. Swap em.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 05:22 PM   #3
speedgod^s13
Post Whore!

speedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond reputespeedgod^s13 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Does one side seem too short?

If so, its because the axles are different lengths. Swap em.
Gonna try that in about an hour. Pretty sure that's the issue. I'm hoping at least.
Old 11-06-2018, 11:20 AM   #4
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
What tuzzio said. The driver-side is shorter than the passenger side. Hopefully this fixes your issue.
Old 11-16-2018, 04:29 PM   #5
speedgod^s13
Post Whore!

Sorry for not updating, but it turns out that I was sent 2 of the same shafts. The replacement was much shorter, so the sub frame should be back in the car this Saturday.
Old 11-20-2018, 07:51 PM   #6
speedgod^s13
Post Whore!

Okay, so after installing the shorter left side axle, the longer right side axle is completely compressed still yet, with no play. Arms are almost fully extended as well. What gives?