Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:40 PM   #91
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Well, here is another mockup. The rear valence I got for this side is a dark green, so I didn't have to alter it in photoshop any- all I touched was the side skirt (made it black). I think it is going to look good, but I want the center section to go across the rear now.

I really hope to have this stuff in to paint by the end of the week and the hatch in somewhere for the glass install.

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 06-04-2015 at 01:38 PM..
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2009, 01:01 AM   #92
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Nice.

The exact set up I was going to run before going with the Kouki front.

Looks great.

Get a roof spoiler.

Haha.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:20 AM   #93
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
haha thanks man, i can;t decide on the roof spoiler... some say do it, some say it will look bad. I myself am totally undecided... I am thinking about picking one up to try it though. If it sucks, I will just sell it.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 05-28-2009, 12:08 PM   #94
silnismo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
silnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
haha thanks man, i can;t decide on the roof spoiler... some say do it, some say it will look bad. I myself am totally undecided... I am thinking about picking one up to try it though. If it sucks, I will just sell it.
DO IT!

I think that would complete the look. No carbon wing PLZ! Too flashy IMO.

Keep doin what you do best.
1994 E36-Daily
1998 DC2- F.S

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNskY View Post

your idea of "doing it right" isn't the same as everyone else's... no matter how many kids on here swing from your nuts
silnismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:34 AM   #95
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Yeah, it could be too much carbon. This may add too much carbon as well, but I figured I would see what it looks like:

CF Kouki tail overlay and Aerocatch Hood pins. Hatch will be out of the glass shop tomorrow or Tuesday. Kit goes in for paint Tuesday, hopefully out by the end of the week!

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 06-04-2015 at 01:41 PM..
Old 06-04-2009, 07:38 AM   #96
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Made some progress yesterday- I moved my boost controller and turbo timer to the center console (instead of laying on the gauge cluster and flying in my face every time I get on it, haha), put my steering column cover back on, installed the cf hatch, fixed my turn signals, and rewrapped my glove box with black fabric:

Not too shabby for my first attempt I don't think. I didn't have my camera there for pics of the hatch and interior, but I am going to snap some tonight and put them up. The fitment was about 7.5/10, so I can't complain... will probably fiddle with the alignment more next week. I still need to install the third brake light as well.

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 06-04-2015 at 01:42 PM..
Old 06-04-2009, 11:39 AM   #97
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Hatch installed- need to do the 3rd brake light still (obviously):

Finally almost all back together... need to clean up in here and put the glove box back. Also need a Nardi wheel, they are on backorder everywhere :/

Looks funny without the lip (currently in for paint):

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 06-04-2015 at 01:44 PM..
Old 06-10-2009, 10:05 PM   #98
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Got too antsy and took some new pics tonight. Obviously I am still not quite finished with the exterior, but it should be pretty much buttoned up for Eyes On Design a week from Sunday. Changes since the last pics are side skirts, rear valences, front lip color matched, trim under tail lights color matched, cf hood and cf hatch. I still need to install the 3rd brake light and the aerocatch hood pins this week, as well as detailing it with the black box kit I bought.

But anyway, I am proud of how far the car has come in just over 6 months:

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 06-04-2015 at 01:53 PM..
Old 06-12-2009, 06:37 PM   #99
silnismo
Zilvia Addict

silnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enoughsilnismo will become famous soon enough
All its missing is somthing in the back.
1994 E36-Daily
1998 DC2- F.S

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNskY View Post

your idea of "doing it right" isn't the same as everyone else's... no matter how many kids on here swing from your nuts
silnismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:50 PM   #100
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Looks good man. Hooray for progress, it's more than I can say for mine.

I liked the lip flat for some reason. But with the skirts it's goes well painted.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:17 AM   #101
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

thanks dude. Ordered a Nardi wheel yesterday and GReddy FMIC kit today, busted the hell out of my POS XS power one that came with the car on a pot hole last night.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 06-18-2009, 04:35 PM   #102
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Nardi Wheels are so boss.

You messed up your intercooler and not your bumper?

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 07:26 AM   #103
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Yeah, the intercooler didn't even tough the ground I don't think. I hit a big dip/bump/crater in the road that didn't look too bad and heard a loud noise- when i got home, I realized the top bracket mounting the intercooler core to the chassis had snapped. The metal broke right at the hole where the bolt passes through. Could be welded or repaired, but a good opportunity to get a GReddy kit from 240sx Motoring before they were gone, so I went for it.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 06-22-2009, 11:39 AM   #104
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Some pics a friend took at a show this weekend:

Installing the GReddy FMIC kit tonight to replace the busted up XS Power one, as well as my PBM Skidplate, change the trans fluid, and hopefully get my gauges all wired up. Taking it to the strip Wednesday for the hell of it.

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 01-06-2016 at 09:08 AM..
Old 06-23-2009, 07:46 AM   #105
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Made a little progress last night...

GReddy on the right, XS power on the left:

PBM Skidplate:

(Bay is such a mess)

New intercooler at home:

Drift style ZOMG!! :lol:

I still need to install the GReddy lower hot pipe, but it has a piece on it for the stock SR BOV that needs to be removed and welded over. The pipe is pretty much the same anyway. Maybe I will do a GReddy hot pipe in the future to match, but I don't need it at this point. I put all of the new couplers and clamps on, so no more leaks and no more pipes popping! It feels like a totally different car- it is so nice to not have to baby it worrying about popping the hot pipe off.

I also picked up another goodie from a friend last night- S14 passenger seat. I got the pair of them, but I am only going to install the passenger seat and keep my Corbeau in there. Bye bye, nasty smelly s13 seat!

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 01-06-2016 at 09:14 AM..
Old 06-23-2009, 10:34 AM   #106
n240sxfnatic
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
n240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond reputen240sxfnatic has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Very nice car, good to see its on the road
n240sxfnatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 10:19 PM   #107
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Thanks man!

I did not get a hold of my brother's nice camera (sorry again about the poor quality), but here are some pics of the car from this evening- updates since I last posted:

Nardi deep corn 330mm leather steering wheel
Boss Splash Short Hub
Defi gauges (actually wired and installed now)
S14 Passenger seat
Floor Mats (wahoo!)
Privacy Cover
Aerocatch Hood Pins

I am going to remove the speakers from the privacy cover and rewrap it in black fabric. Still a few things to do, but at least the interior is all clean and fresh now!

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 01-06-2016 at 09:18 AM..
Old 07-14-2009, 07:25 AM   #108
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Not much to report, other than copping some tein strut tower braces:

Still need to install the rear, just don't have time this week!

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 01-06-2016 at 09:19 AM..
Old 08-21-2009, 10:37 PM   #109
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

It's been a while since I last updated. My turbo is on the way out, so I have started collecting things to run a T28. I will probably install it all over the winter and address all of the issues I have in the engine bay. I also have a nasty exhaust leak that I am currently tracking down and fixing. Here are the goodies that came this week:

They even sent me a free shirt! w00t!

And some more stuff:

OEM 7 layer exhaust manifold gasket, new gas door release setup (since mine is busted), and GReddy Airnix intake to run the T28 turbo with Z32 MAF:

Not crazy about the filter on the GReddy, but I needed the other goodies it came with for my setup. I heard this intake is discontinued, so I scooped up one of the couple that FR Sport had left.

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 01-06-2016 at 09:23 AM..
Old 09-02-2009, 08:39 AM   #110
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Alright, so I have been slacking- time for an update. First order of business: recent goodies!

Z32 MAF:

Outlet studs, nuts, and Poly Exhaust Hangers:

DIF Turbo Lines:

OEM Exhaust Manifold Heat Shield (will of course be painted if I keep the stock manifold):

I started working on the car tonight for the first time in a while. I thought that the studs on the exhaust manifold were broken, so I started to pull the intake and other bits to prepare for the T28 install. As I got the intake out of the way, I realized that the four bolts on the manifold had only vibrated loose, and nothing was broken. This was very good news, since I thought I needed a new manifold and would have the car off of the road for quite some time. Now I can just go buy a nut to replace the one I lost, tighten things up, and enjoy the car for the rest of the season.

I removed the carbon hood and hatch tonight. I have interest in both pieces, but haven't met with anyone to make the sales yet. I really liked the carbon and wouldn't mind at least keeping the hatch, but I have spent a lot on the new setup and it would be nice to recoup a good chunk of that. The hatch needs to be painted since it is just spray bombed, so I will probably have that done this winter.

I started working on the H4 conversion and got one of the headlights on, but the screws were rusty and stripped on the passenger side and I did not have my dremel with me, so I will have to finish that up and do the wiring later this week. I also purchased an Apexi Power FC to tune the new setup with. I think that I am going to have Monkey Wrench dial it in for me when the car is up and running, since I have heard good things about Matt from another SR 240 owner. The FC is on the way, but here is a pic the seller sent me:

[lost image]

I also got some valuable info from the previous owner this week. He told me that a Walbro 255 fuel pump is already installed, so that has been checked off of the parts list. He also said that he had the stock turbo manifold ported and coated by some place here in Michigan, so that is a lot of work and cost out of my way. I am going to check it out when I remove it to look at the craftsmanship and if it looks legit, I will paint it and reinstall it with a heat shield. If it doesn't look all that great, I will probably get a Tomei manifold.

So anyway, the car will be back on the road in a couple of days. I am going to turn the boost up to 10 (I have been running 8 since I got the car) and enjoy it for the rest of the summer. Then, the major engine bay overhaul will begin...

I will update again soon as more progress is made.

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 01-06-2016 at 09:42 AM..
Old 09-02-2009, 01:49 PM   #111
RacerX1
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
RacerX1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
This is how a hatch should be built! Great job
Old 09-29-2009, 09:30 AM   #112
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Here are a couple of new snaps a friend took for me this weekend:

Not much new aside from removing the CF hood and hatch, and getting a roof spoiler (which is hard to see in the pics.) Probably going to make it to the drag strip one more time before winter, then start the tear down for the new turbo setup and attempt to make the engine bay not look like crap.

CamryOnBronze.com

Last edited by CamryOnBronze; 07-25-2019 at 02:01 PM..
Old 09-29-2009, 09:42 AM   #113
Jayboy562

Trader Rating: (0)
Jayboy562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
sweet project
Jayboy562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:47 AM   #114
truebluegallo
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
truebluegallo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
car is fucking clean as hell inspired
truebluegallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:03 AM   #115
sil80 monster
BANNED

Trader Rating: (5)
sil80 monster is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
veeery nice!!!!!
sil80 monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:48 AM   #116
2_slow_40
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
2_slow_40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
sick build dude. i wanna start buildin mine up, but aint got no funds rollin in at the moment. oh well. looks great.
2_slow_40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 05:26 PM   #117
93nismo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
93nismo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
bahh.. i wish i had money to spend.. the car loks great man. i had the sma eproblem with the screws on the headlights. i just took a lighter too em for a min or 2 and used some vice grips to get em out. then ziptied em back to gether till i got new screws. but im sure youve already fixed that lol
Old 09-29-2009, 06:02 PM   #118
iMAGE976
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
iMAGE976 is making a name for him/her selfiMAGE976 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to iMAGE976
i had the same issue with my XS FMIC and so after the tab broke ,i had to decide on which FMIC to get, Greddy, HKS or Blitz....so i went and got a Blitz IC......The build quality on the three were all excellent but i got a deal on the Blitz FMIC so yah.....Nice Build tho, i likes.....
Old 09-29-2009, 06:54 PM   #119
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
cleanly built....nothing crazy, but still pleasing
kalypso123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 06:58 PM   #120
YoungGun
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
YoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfectionYoungGun is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
How does the quality of the DIF lines look?

Did you buy the set with the restrictor?

Looking good.
YoungGun is offline   Reply With Quote