Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 12-10-2018, 02:23 PM   #1
Strebloboost13

Trader Rating: (0)
Strebloboost13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ls swapped s13 won't shut off with key

having this problem with my ls swapped s13. I've been chasing the problem all over my car. What I've come up with so far is that if I unplug my alternator sensor wire the car will shut off with the key. If I take the accessory relay out under the drivers side kick panel it will start and shut off like normal but with no gauges obviously. And even if I don't start the car and put the key to run (again not start) I have to cycle the key twice from run to off to get the accessory relay to close. There's back feeding somewhere but I can't find it yet. I've tried wiring in a diode on the alt sensor wire because I though current was getting back through it but that didn't do anything. I'm going yo try and trace the power from the accessory relay and see if I can figure out why it stays on. It's a stand alone harness. If anyone has had this problem with a swapped car and a stand alone harness or knows how to fix this I would be eternally grateful. My tune is waiting on this stupid fix.
Strebloboost13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2018, 08:40 AM   #2
nzmoman
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
nzmoman is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I’d wire in a toggle switch to my alternator and go get my tune.

You can come back to this problem at any point after you’ve gotten your time researching the problem, and you can make this into a kill switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nzmoman is offline   Reply With Quote