Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 12-16-2018, 05:39 PM   #1
Cocacolito3

Trader Rating: (0)
Cocacolito3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
S13 - low rpm idle troubleshooting

Hello,

This is my first post. I recently bought a 91 240sx SE (KA24DE) as a daily driver and project for restoration. (October 2018) Previous owner was a construction worker so the car was pretty gross however it’s been cleaned up. I took the vehicle to my local dealership, when I purchased it, for a thorough inspection/dyagnistics check up and everything was mechanically sound - no lights or engine defaults. Just minor worn suspension and some leaks that was fixed with oil additive as sealer. I’m mechanically sound but I prefer to get a second opinion with technicians as this is 25 year old car and don’t have the time to do everything myself.

I drive a fair distance to work everyday on the highway so I believe my engine is getting pushed harder than it has been and some wear will begin showing symptoms for future problems like the one I’m about to discuss ...

On Friday night I noticed my car started at a very low rpm (200-500) so I test drove it and found it would just idle like this or when I’d come to a stop light when applying the brakes. My lights and blower are fine just vaulters a little if I’m taking off the clutch into gear at low speeds or stationary and it won’t stall.

I’ve read a couple threads already and it seems to be one of these parts that could need a replacement:

-coolant temp. sensor
-timing off
-slag buildup inside throttle body
-vacuum leaks
-MAF sensor
-fuel injectors / fuel filter

Any input would be appreciated on how to go about it or if there’s anything else I haven’t researched, I am aware this is one of the more common problems for the S13 KA24DE and would like to resolve it ASAP - Thanks
Cocacolito3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links