Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-04-2018, 06:47 AM   #22291
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
He's obviously using penis inches for those conversions instead of standard inches.
I looked at the wrong part of my paper. 33mm was my front poke.
25.4mm = 1", I shouldn't try to do things when I day drink
Sponsored Links
Old 11-04-2018, 08:40 PM   #22292
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by theStig880 View Post
Question for those with z32/r32 rear drums. I installed them today and the hub is hitting is just barely hitting the anchor and spring perches. I have the PBM ebrake spacer, so I dunno if that is pushing it out too far or what. Any clues?
Quote:
Originally Posted by theStig880 View Post
I thought so too but looking again, they should be the thinner ones. Its got the nub and the hole isnt tapped like the one on the left.
Is the anchor seated fully in the knuckle? Like all the way down? Is that spacer clamped down tight, or can it move around?

The bore in the knuckle can have a bunch of rust buildup that prevent the anchor from seating fully. When I added the drum brake to my S13, I had to clean up the bore with a Dremel.
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 01:59 PM   #22293
Agent S14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Agent S14 is making a name for him/her selfAgent S14 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Anyone know where i can find a shifter bushing for the S15 6 spd trans? OEM or solid aftermarket dont care.
Agent S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 03:42 PM   #22294
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent S14 View Post
Anyone know where i can find a shifter bushing for the S15 6 spd trans? OEM or solid aftermarket dont care.
Part # 32861-05u00
Input that into google and multiple vendors pop up.
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 04:01 PM   #22295
Agent S14
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Agent S14 is making a name for him/her selfAgent S14 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Part # 32861-05u00
Input that into google and multiple vendors pop up.
Thank You! just ordered it.
Agent S14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 07:30 PM   #22296
Hosuna

Hosuna is an unknown quantity at this point
KA 240 build

I’m new to zilvia but am in need of a ka for a s13 couple near San Diego California does any one know where I can get one
Hosuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 07:43 PM   #22297
Hosuna

Hosuna is an unknown quantity at this point
KA

Also is there’s a difference between a ka for a 240 vs an Altima
Hosuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 05:14 AM   #22298
firejackal
Leaky Injector

firejackal will become famous soon enoughfirejackal will become famous soon enoughfirejackal will become famous soon enoughfirejackal will become famous soon enoughfirejackal will become famous soon enough
I was going through my box of spare parts for my s14, and i came across these two brackets that one end has a plastic screw cap. Does anyone know what they go to? Thanks.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
Old 11-07-2018, 06:29 AM   #22299
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday7 View Post
I have a Ka-t, if I run my PCV to a port on my intake post-MAF, would that be considered unmetered air? The valve cover is just a breather filter and I'm running a catch can between the PCV valve and intake.
Quote:
Another small question in addition. I haven't gotten my KA-t to run very well and it runs super rich. at first my wideband read 10 at idle, now it reads nothing but 14.8 at all times which is definitely not the case. Can running super rich foul out a wideband O2 sensor?
Still dont know these.

One more question: can on get a straight answer in which vehicle I need to find in a junkyard to get a plug and play 4.36 ring and pinion for S13? I cannot find a direct simple answer
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 08:16 AM   #22300
MrJake493

MrJake493 is an unknown quantity at this point
s14 1996 240sx Auto to Manual Swap

Hey everyone, I am new to the 240 scene. I recently purchased a 1996 240sxse that the guy put a KA24DE in and changed it to manual before I purchased it. He put the Manual ECU in it however, it is turning over but no spark. From what I am seeing with pictures of other s14 ka engines bays I might be missing some thing to get spark? Yes, this is probably a dumb post but any help/feedback/ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all. I can email pictures. It will not let me post them on here. Also, is the seal around the sunroof between the glass and the body a rubber piece or is it a plastic piece that comes with the sunroof glass?
MrJake493 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 08:21 AM   #22301
Thursday7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
Thursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfectionThursday7 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJake493 View Post
Hey everyone, I am new to the 240 scene. I recently purchased a 1996 240sxse that the guy put a KA24DE in and changed it to manual before I purchased it. He put the Manual ECU in it however, it is turning over but no spark. From what I am seeing with pictures of other s14 ka engines bays I might be missing some thing to get spark? Yes, this is probably a dumb post but any help/feedback/ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all. I can email pictures. It will not let me post them on here.
Has it ever ran in your possession? Is there a chance he hooked up an S13 distributor before selling it? S14s have an internal coil in the distributor while S13s have it external on the shock tower area. Check for power at the coil first and go from there.
Thursday7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 08:23 AM   #22302
MrJake493

It has never ran in my possession. I will check that when I get home. I appreciate the reply. Could you tell from a picture?
Old 11-07-2018, 08:25 AM   #22303
MrJake493

Quote:
Has it ever ran in your possession? Is there a chance he hooked up an S13 distributor before selling it? S14s have an internal coil in the distributor while S13s have it external on the shock tower area. Check for power at the coil first and go from there.
It has never ran in my possession. I will check that when I get home. I appreciate the reply. Could you tell from a picture?
Old 11-07-2018, 09:20 AM   #22304
[240sx]
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute[240sx] has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by firejackal View Post
I was going through my box of spare parts for my s14, and i came across these two brackets that one end has a plastic screw cap. Does anyone know what they go to? Thanks.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
Not sure of the name, but they're bumper bracket/ supports/ braces.... thingys.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
[240sx] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 04:03 PM   #22305
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
I looked at the wrong part of my paper. 33mm was my front poke.
25.4mm = 1", I shouldn't try to do things when I day drink
Nah man I totally got you. I totally understand this 3 piece wheel construction game now
Old 11-07-2018, 10:34 PM   #22306
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
I have a Ka-t, if I run my PCV to a port on my intake post-MAF, would that be considered unmetered air? The valve cover is just a breather filter and I'm running a catch can between the PCV valve and intake.
No. The factory routing is to the intake manifold, which is post-MAF. To the intake pipe post-MAF is no different.

Quote:
Another small question in addition. I haven't gotten my KA-t to run very well and it runs super rich. at first my wideband read 10 at idle, now it reads nothing but 14.8 at all times which is definitely not the case. Can running super rich foul out a wideband O2 sensor?
Yes. If you have an AEM, read the manual. It says exactly that. I had an AEM sensor wear out from running rich after 2 summers.

Quote:
One more question: can on get a straight answer in which vehicle I need to find in a junkyard to get a plug and play 4.36 ring and pinion for S13? I cannot find a direct simple answer
Because there isn't a simple direct answer. Certain ~2000 Nissan trucks (Pathfinder, Xterra, Frontier) with the HG43, HG46 or HG49 axle codes have the desirable ratios. These all use an R200A front diff. But different models and trim levels have ratios: 3.7, 4.3, 4.6 and 4.9. Go on car-part.com and mess around with the models and years and you will see the ratios available. But the R&P swap is not "plug and play". The pinion bearing and crush sleeve need to be swapped over from the S-chassis pinion to the new pinion.
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 06:10 AM   #22307
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
Nah man I totally got you. I totally understand this 3 piece wheel construction game now
3 piece = heavy
Volk/Rays mono block = light

I looked at so many different offsets and numbers for wheels and fitment, until one day I said, fuck it, when I get there, I'm running 17 x 9.5 +5 FTW! Two ways to go about it:
Fit the car to the wheels
Fit the wheels to the car

I'm old school. I like flares. Flares look good with teh right kit and when you cut the fenders out a bit, you can drop enough to tuck tire and the flares just look legit...which is why origin and BN Sports make overs with flares for guys who wall tap too much
Old 11-08-2018, 06:27 AM   #22308
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
3 piece = heavy
Volk/Rays mono block = light

I looked at so many different offsets and numbers for wheels and fitment, until one day I said, fuck it, when I get there, I'm running 17 x 9.5 +5 FTW! Two ways to go about it:
Fit the car to the wheels
Fit the wheels to the car

I'm old school. I like flares. Flares look good with teh right kit and when you cut the fenders out a bit, you can drop enough to tuck tire and the flares just look legit...which is why origin and BN Sports make overs with flares for guys who wall tap too much
For where Im currently at, Id like to make the wheels fit the car. In the future I'll most likely sell them to free up some cash and buy another set of wheels, likely 18s () I think 17s look small on the S14.

Either way, I dont want to mess with the fenders. I want to keep the integrity of the car.
Old 11-08-2018, 02:14 PM   #22309
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
There was a photo a long time ago of a black S13 hatch with kouki aero tinted out with VS-KF parked on the street showing the full side view of the car in Kouki Aero page that I cannot find. Does anyone have a photo of it or know who used to (or still does) own it.? I know this is a stretch but that was one of my favorite photos I used to have saved on my old laptop haha.

Heres a pic that looks similar to the car (or could be the car) that I found on tumblr.

Last edited by JrDarknes; 11-09-2018 at 06:08 AM..
JrDarknes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 08:17 AM   #22310
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
For where Im currently at, Id like to make the wheels fit the car. In the future I'll most likely sell them to free up some cash and buy another set of wheels, likely 18s () I think 17s look small on the S14.

Either way, I dont want to mess with the fenders. I want to keep the integrity of the car.
Oh I hear ya. I like 17's becuase they are lighter than 18's

SERIOUS SMALL QUESTION:

How do you swap the external coil distributor from a S13 KA24DE into a 1996 S14 Zenki(OBDII)? I love the old style external coil with fat ass 9mm wires. I know there may be ECU issues or plug issues, but, is it an easy swap, or worth it?
Old 11-12-2018, 11:50 AM   #22311
Jefro240
Leaky Injector

Jefro240 will become famous soon enoughJefro240 will become famous soon enoughJefro240 will become famous soon enoughJefro240 will become famous soon enoughJefro240 will become famous soon enough
Has anyone eliminated the gas tank protector shield on an S14?

Mine is rotted pretty bad & actually has a small portion missing. Called Nissan, discontinued & no stock world wide... Not hopeful in terms of finding a used one locally in decent shape.
Old 11-12-2018, 01:51 PM   #22312
itzgunther

itzgunther is an unknown quantity at this point
does anyone know the difference in spline count for the s13 and s14 axles. I just did a 5 lug conversion on the rear end of my s13 and the axle did not fit flush, it had play I've looked everywhere and everyone says the are the same.

I have a 91 s13 with super hicas idk if that makes a difference please help me out zilvia
itzgunther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 01:57 PM   #22313
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefro240 View Post

Mine is rotted pretty bad & actually has a small portion missing. Called Nissan, discontinued & no stock world wide... Not hopeful in terms of finding a used one locally in decent shape.
I wouldn't eliminate it because the gas tank is plastic. Imagine if you drove over a rock or something and it punctured the gas tank; then you're in need of a new one. I'd would try and find another gas tank with it as a spare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzgunther View Post
does anyone know the difference in spline count for the s13 and s14 axles. I just did a 5 lug conversion on the rear end of my s13 and the axle did not fit flush, it had play I've looked everywhere and everyone says the are the same.

I have a 91 s13 with super hicas idk if that makes a difference please help me out zilvia
I am confident they're the same since you can also run j30 axles (you would need the 5-bolt output diffshafts) to use. Make sure the shorter axle is on the driverside and the longer one is on the passenger side.

Otherwise if they're not, someone chime in and correct me.
Old 11-12-2018, 01:59 PM   #22314
Jefro240
Leaky Injector

Jefro240 will become famous soon enoughJefro240 will become famous soon enoughJefro240 will become famous soon enoughJefro240 will become famous soon enoughJefro240 will become famous soon enough
Quote:

S13 & S14 both are 29 spline. If you have play, then I'm guessing someone sold you 32 spline twin turbo hubs.
Old 11-12-2018, 02:02 PM   #22315
itzgunther

Quote:
S13 & S14 both are 29 spline. If you have play, then I'm guessing someone sold you 32 spline twin turbo hubs.

will the z32 tt axles bolt right up to my diff? or is there another option that I can use to directly bolt up? I just want to drive my car again lol.
Old 11-12-2018, 02:04 PM   #22316
Jefro240
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1on1 View Post
I wouldn't eliminate it because the gas tank is plastic. Imagine if you drove over a rock or something and it punctured the gas tank; then you're in need of a new one. I'd would try and find another gas tank with it as a spare.
That was my initially thinking. Hence the question out of curiosity.

However, when you actually look at it. A lot of plastic is exposed & the subframe assembly cover/hides a lot of it. Big function seems to be the clips on it to hold/route the e-brake cables. Which is why I was curious if anyone had eliminated it at all...
Old 11-12-2018, 02:05 PM   #22317
Jefro240
Leaky Injector

Quote:
will the z32 tt axles bolt right up to my diff?
Nope. Output shaft bolt pattern is different & length of axle shaft is different.

Hence why no one uses Z32TT hubs...
Old 11-12-2018, 02:08 PM   #22318
itzgunther

Quote:
Nope. Output shaft bolt pattern is different & length of axle shaft is different.

Hence why no one uses Z32TT hubs...
should I just get new hubs? or is there anything I can do to make it work?
Old 11-12-2018, 02:55 PM   #22319
Jefro240
Leaky Injector

Quote:
should I just get new hubs? or is there anything I can do to make it work?
New hubs.

I had a similar situation with a car I bought. The previous owner used GTR TT hubs. When his shafts wouldn't fit he had someone cut up the stock & TT shafts & mix & match parts then weld them back together. I could have re-used that POS setup but I decided on new hubs/shafts as its the proper way vs bastard'izing it all just to use what you have.
Old 11-13-2018, 05:40 AM   #22320
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
You can reshape that part with spray foam, or fill in the missing area's with spray foam. Sleep mat hard foam works too with clear Loctite epoxy