Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-06-2018, 06:37 AM   #21961
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1on1 View Post
^ EGR Valve Control Solenoid

Did you do anything to your car before this issue happened or did it start out of nowhere?
DELETE, block off plate, delete tubing, order header delete bolt for Maxima through Quirk Nissan for EGR Delete exhaust bolt
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2018, 04:13 PM   #21962
Xaser
Zilvia Junkie

Xaser is an unknown quantity at this point
hi, anyone knowif the front Strut BAR from S13 240sx SR20, fit in a 180SX s13??
i dont have any way to measure the engine -bar clearance
Xaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 05:06 PM   #21963
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaser View Post
hi, anyone knowif the front Strut BAR from S13 240sx SR20, fit in a 180SX s13??
i dont have any way to measure the engine -bar clearance
yes... the only difference in S13 strut bars were the ones meant for the 88-90 S13s with the CA18det which have a triangular bend upward toward the US passenger side of the car due to the shape/height of the CA18 intake manifold. but all S13 based strut bars are compatible with S13s... doesnt matter if 180sx, 200sx or 240sx

CA18det based strut bar (cusco style)...

SR20det based strut bar (cusco style)...

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 02:03 AM   #21964
VTEC_lol
Leaky Injector

VTEC_lol is an unknown quantity at this point
I was wondering that if I'm looking for 450-500hp is it necessary to upgrade stock cams? If so, I most likely will need adjustable cam gears, and since notchtop has VTC/VVT/whatever, if I buy Tomei gears, do I have to delete the solenoid? Or should I just buy one gear?

Last edited by VTEC_lol; 07-07-2018 at 03:21 AM.. Reason: old question is unnecessary
VTEC_lol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 11:54 AM   #21965
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTEC_lol View Post
I was wondering that if I'm looking for 450-500hp is it necessary to upgrade stock cams? If so, I most likely will need adjustable cam gears, and since notchtop has VTC/VVT/whatever, if I buy Tomei gears, do I have to delete the solenoid? Or should I just buy one gear?
Tomei has cams that are compatible with VTC.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 01:28 AM   #21966
Xaser
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
yes... the only difference in S13 strut bars were the ones meant for the 88-90 S13s with the CA18det which have a triangular bend upward toward the US passenger side of the car due to the shape/height of the CA18 intake manifold. but all S13 based strut bars are compatible with S13s... doesnt matter if 180sx, 200sx or 240sx

CA18det based strut bar (cusco style)...

SR20det based strut bar (cusco style)...

Thanks mate

so, if im buy a "sr20" strut, dont fit with CA18 because hit the intake right?

Im asking because i have a CA18det S13, and only get Carbon fiber cusco for Sr20.
Old 07-08-2018, 05:18 AM   #21967
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaser View Post
Thanks mate

so, if im buy a "sr20" strut, dont fit with CA18 because hit the intake right?

Im asking because i have a CA18det S13, and only get Carbon fiber cusco for Sr20.
honestly not 100% sure on that... ive only ever owned SRs sooooo you may just wanna find an CA based strut bar given youve got a 200sx. they can be found on Yahoo Auctions Japan fairly often and readily cheap!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 12:11 PM   #21968
Simonsezz

Simonsezz is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking redtop sr20det in s14. Need wire harness

Hey guys, new comer to the forums. Ive got a 95 s14 with s13 redtop sr20 swap. Its been sitting for a while now and the wire harness has to be replaced. I have seen some wire harness online but out of stock till late August. Does anybody know anyone who has an extra one lying around or any place where I can purchase one where it wont take over a month to receive. Is that normal? A month?
Simonsezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 12:30 PM   #21969
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
make a WTB thread. I also checked ebay and saw a bunch.
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 10:42 PM   #21970
Xaser
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
honestly not 100% sure on that... ive only ever owned SRs sooooo you may just wanna find an CA based strut bar given youve got a 200sx. they can be found on Yahoo Auctions Japan fairly often and readily cheap!
Thanks again!
Old 07-11-2018, 10:47 AM   #21971
oldman_KA_T

oldman_KA_T will become famous soon enougholdman_KA_T will become famous soon enougholdman_KA_T will become famous soon enougholdman_KA_T will become famous soon enougholdman_KA_T will become famous soon enough
anyone using the Mishimoto universal Coolant Reservoir(the cylinder)? or the Mishimoto Power Steering Reservoir? looking to clean up the engine bay and want to know what the quality/reliability on them are like. can't find any detailed user reviews on them for any car.

oldman_KA_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 03:27 PM   #21972
brokeboi01
Zilvia Junkie

brokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman_KA_T View Post
anyone using the Mishimoto universal Coolant Reservoir(the cylinder)? or the Mishimoto Power Steering Reservoir? looking to clean up the engine bay and want to know what the quality/reliability on them are like. can't find any detailed user reviews on them for any car.

Mine for the ps is currently 3 years strong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brokeboi01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 10:05 PM   #21973
240KA
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice240KA is just really nice
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
solved....

Last edited by 240KA; 07-13-2018 at 09:18 PM..
240KA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 11:50 PM   #21974
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
nisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Does anyone know if the IACV valve on an RB25 closes when the car isn’t idling? I’m making custom intercooler piping and need to know if I need to weld a bung in for the IACV or if it’s okay to just run with a filter on it. The motor is running a MAP so in terms of the ECU reading airflow it’ll be fine. Thanks
nisileighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 04:42 PM   #21975
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Today I learned that one of my drain tubes in my S14 is completely severed in the A-pillar and water naturally drips onto the passenger side door car. With that being said, does anyone know if it is possible to replace it?

Edit: Found another leak at the bottom rear corner of my quarter glass when looking from the inside, it is a small one but it builds up. Would using a heatgun to heat up the adhesive and have someone press down on the top of the glass potentially help reseal the glass?

Last edited by DJTTon; 07-16-2018 at 05:32 PM..
DJTTon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 04:57 AM   #21976
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
Today I learned that one of my drain tubes in my S14 is completely severed in the A-pillar and water naturally drips onto the passenger side door car. With that being said, does anyone know if it is possible to replace it?

Edit: Found another leak at the bottom rear corner of my quarter glass when looking from the inside, it is a small one but it builds up. Would using a heatgun to heat up the adhesive and have someone press down on the top of the glass potentially help reseal the glass?
Canned air, like you use for the computer, can be used to push obstruction through the tubes and clear them out. They can be replaced, but it is not easy.
Your thoughts on quarter window fix are ok. It may or may not work, in which case, have a spare handy, becuase a shop won't guarantee getting it out in one piece to reset.
Old 07-17-2018, 01:14 PM   #21977
DailySX

DailySX is an unknown quantity at this point
So the passenger side hood hing broke today (rush POS; only a matter of time I guess). I'm looking to replace it, but I'm not sure what part number refers to what. Nissanparts.cc describes them as left/right, but from what perspective? I'm assuming, from the perspective as I'm sitting in the car, but I just wanted to be sure.

for reference of what i'm looking at.
https://imgur.com/a/lGEE9jo
DailySX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 02:12 PM   #21978
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
Yeah, sitting in the car.
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 08:35 PM   #21979
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Quote:

In theory the butyl should heat up and loosen up, hopefully when it rehardens it should create a slightly better seal. After taking off my headliner, I come to find out that all 4 drain tubes stick out from underneath the headliner (no surprise!), but I am still bummed that one A-pillar tube is just chewed through.
Old 07-18-2018, 12:49 AM   #21980
drfftn
Zilvia Member

drfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond repute
Any chance anyone knows if the coverlay dark blue matches the factory 240 blue interiors? They sent me some swatches which I am still waiting for. Just wondering if anyone had any personal experience.
drfftn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 06:58 AM   #21981
zenkicpe
Zilvia Member

zenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud of
Whats up Silvia fam!

Small ? for the day

Has anyone purchased new S14 Greddy LS FMIC intercooler couplers separate from an intercooler kit? Id like to know what size couplers I should be ordering without having to take all of mine off and measuring. Id like to do the job 1 time and not have any down time with the car.

I read 2-3/4 is what is on either end of the intercooler, but would rather someone who has done already advise me. Id like to replace every coupler hot and cold side.

Hope to hear back from some of you!
zenkicpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 07:00 AM   #21982
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenkicpe View Post
Whats up Silvia fam!

Small ? for the day

Has anyone purchased new S14 Greddy LS FMIC intercooler couplers separate from an intercooler kit? Id like to know what size couplers I should be ordering without having to take all of mine off and measuring. Id like to do the job 1 time and not have any down time with the car.

I read 2-3/4 is what is on either end of the intercooler, but would rather someone who has done already advise me. Id like to replace every coupler hot and cold side.

Hope to hear back from some of you!
You can measure the circumference of the pipes and divide by pi.
Old 07-18-2018, 07:02 AM   #21983
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
nisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfftn View Post
Any chance anyone knows if the coverlay dark blue matches the factory 240 blue interiors? They sent me some swatches which I am still waiting for. Just wondering if anyone had any personal experience.

I’m not 100% sure on the blue one, but the black one is a direct match for the black interior
nisileighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 09:31 AM   #21984
zenkicpe
Zilvia Member

zenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud of
Quote:

Thanks dawg , maths not really my thing but I can grasp..
Old 07-19-2018, 05:02 AM   #21985
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Brah, you think he can math enough to do that? Remember where you are!

*takes caliper, measures across the tube for 3", divides by pi, orders couplers .95544" *
Old 07-19-2018, 05:23 AM   #21986
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

I guess that really depends on knowing the difference between circumference and diameter

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
Old 07-19-2018, 05:42 AM   #21987
zenkicpe
Zilvia Member

...word...

(still didn't try it)

Old 07-19-2018, 01:36 PM   #21988
Bowwwman

Bowwwman is an unknown quantity at this point
Can anyone confirm that brown interior coupes came with a brown trunk? Or did they use the grey trunk material?
Bowwwman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 04:03 PM   #21989
drfftn
Zilvia Member

drfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone know what kind of adhesive I can use to glue the hood frame back onto the hood? The frame has detached in a few areas on mine.
drfftn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 04:19 PM   #21990
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

Trader Rating: (37)
anti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to anti tyler Send a message via Yahoo to anti tyler
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfftn View Post
Anyone know what kind of adhesive I can use to glue the hood frame back onto the hood? The frame has detached in a few areas on mine.
You can use almost any urethane or silicone sealer, that is paintable.
but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!
Current for sale advertisement

anti tyler is offline   Reply With Quote