Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-15-2011, 12:12 AM   #7261
iveexcaped3
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
iveexcaped3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
hey guys quick question on the rear subframe collars does it replace the bushings or does it just sit ontop of them? other words can i remove the whole bushing and keep the collars or does it need bushings too?
iveexcaped3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2011, 12:40 AM   #7262
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
^The collars slide in ontop of the existing rubber bushings. If you want to replace the whole thing, you need solid subframe bushings, not collars.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:25 AM   #7263
iveexcaped3
Zilvia Addict

iveexcaped3 is an unknown quantity at this point
so the collars just act as a stiffening. is there a difference between the collars and rubber bushings and polyurathane
iveexcaped3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:48 AM   #7264
GL Chrillz
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
GL Chrillz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
i know i can buy one, but i want to know the work involved. like, say i buy that one for the sr20 into an s13, is it basically just a "plug in this wire here, that wire there" type of deal? if i know which wires go where
GL Chrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:51 AM   #7265
JDMgravy.
Leaky Injector

JDMgravy. is an unknown quantity at this point
Guys any idea which front bumpers are on these two cars?? (First car might be impossible)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=6sAuUsNa9Xg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHQ8y...layer_embedded

Thanks!
JDMgravy. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:19 AM   #7266
snoops14
Zilvia Member

snoops14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoops14 View Post
Can anyone tell me how to contact BN... i just want some damn front fenders and i emailed Hiro and Chuck who work there but havent gotten anything back yet. Dont know if they even work there anymore. Let me know please! Thanks in advance!

Adam
Anyone?? (msglength)
snoops14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:49 PM   #7267
Hashiriya415
Zilvia FREAK!

Hashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by GL Chrillz View Post
i know i can buy one, but i want to know the work involved. like, say i buy that one for the sr20 into an s13, is it basically just a "plug in this wire here, that wire there" type of deal? if i know which wires go where
If you have them make you a harness, then it's just plug and play.
If you want to make your own then google or search here on zilvia for how to or look at the FSM.
Hashiriya415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:14 PM   #7268
JDM SPUG
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JDM SPUG is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Does anybody know what model year Q45 front calipers are compatible with the S14 for the fronts?
JDM SPUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:25 PM   #7269
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM SPUG View Post
Does anybody know what model year Q45 front calipers are compatible with the S14 for the fronts?
’90-’96 Infiniti Q45

If you knew enough that Q45 brakes fit. How were you not able to find the same info out?
Old 08-15-2011, 05:32 PM   #7270
JDM SPUG
Zilvia Junkie

Nissan S13 S14 (5 Lug) Front Q45 Calipers Big Brake Upgrade Kit

I found this kit but when I called up they said they weren't sure. and if you piece everything out you can get it for less then this setup that they sell it for
Old 08-15-2011, 05:47 PM   #7271
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM SPUG View Post
Nissan S13 S14 (5 Lug) Front Q45 Calipers Big Brake Upgrade Kit

I found this kit but when I called up they said they weren't sure. and if you piece everything out you can get it for less then this setup that they sell it for
Of course they are going to make money off doing all the hard work. They know exactly what parts they have but won't tell you for the exact reason mentioned.

KA24DEvelopment.com :: 240SX Brake Upgrades
Old 08-15-2011, 06:09 PM   #7272
JDM SPUG
Zilvia Junkie

^ Thank You for that link. VERY helpful.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:30 PM   #7273
Frankz91
Zilvia Addict

Frankz91 is an unknown quantity at this point
s13 Buying Eibach Lowering springs for my s13 90 240

im new to the scene and i was just wondering im looking 2 buy Eibach Sportline lowering springs for my 240sx which will lower the car 2.2 in the front and 2.1 in the back. Question: what do i have to buy for my car so i wont mess up my alignment and wear out my tires do i need a camber kit tien rods or struts stupid questions i know but this is the best site for help
Frankz91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:56 PM   #7274
Prime
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Prime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankz91 View Post
im new to the scene and i was just wondering im looking 2 buy Eibach Sportline lowering springs for my 240sx which will lower the car 2.2 in the front and 2.1 in the back. Question: what do i have to buy for my car so i wont mess up my alignment and wear out my tires do i need a camber kit tien rods or struts stupid questions i know but this is the best site for help
Just buy coilovers. Seriously. I made the same mistake when I first got my car, and the simple fact of the matter is that lowering springs will blow your shocks/struts, and the only halfway decent option for OE replacement is no longer in production. For the amount of money you'll spend piecing it together bit by bit, you could just save, get some budget coils and be much happier for it. Nothing wrong with Eibach, they make a fantastic product. But it just doesn't work well on an S-chassis long term. Sure, you'll need to do some other suspension upgrades with coils too. I'm not saying you won't. But you won't have the buyers remorse period that most end up with either.
Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:25 PM   #7275
JDM SPUG
Zilvia Junkie

+1
with my Subaru i went with springs first and after about a year the struts went. and then I went with coilovers. just go with coilovers you wont have to go through the hassle of removing them twice and getting 2 alignments and the time sent taking them out and putting new 1's in.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:32 PM   #7276
David48
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
David48 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to David48
Quote:
If you're stubborn and don't listen to them^ telling you the right thing to do, then for the front you'll need camber plates to correct the increased camber. In the rear you would need adjustable aftermarket rear upper control arms(RUCAs) and adjustable aftermarket toe rods. Then you would need an alignment. Coilovers come with camber plates, but if you get coilovers you'll still need the RUCAs and toe rods
Old 08-15-2011, 09:35 PM   #7277
JDM SPUG
Zilvia Junkie

^ If you end up going with springs you will sooner or later get bored of them and eventually switch to coilovers just like everybody else. so just save you money and do it once, and do it right.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:42 PM   #7278
Wake
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (8)
Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Wake Send a message via Yahoo to Wake
WOW

You guys are funny.
I dunno what all these guys had to do but i didnt do shit to slap on my eibachs, and they never blew my shocks or gave me irregular tire wear, granted i always drifted my tires away before any long term effects could be seen. Eibachs are progressive so they stiffen a bit as you put more load on them. You have to realize most people get megan or equivalent springs to begin with and that is the only opinion they have before they go buy megan coils or some other crap.

I have eibachs and Kyb GR-2's, and they are great for a daily that i occasionally drive spritedly in the mountains. However i do plan on going with coils, but not for any of the reasons previously listed.

To answer your question. you dont need to do anything at all to put eibachs on your car. Just go get it aligned after you slap em on.
*and your struts are what your springs go onto.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
**CoUpe LOve** Member #00
Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:49 PM   #7279
David48
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
David48 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to David48
I never had aftermarket springs or struts on my car. I just listened to smart people and saved my pennies to buy coilovers. But with any drop I can imagine your camber being knocked off.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:49 PM   #7280
Prime
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
Prime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the roughPrime is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
WOW

You guys are funny.
I dunno what all these guys had to do but i didnt do shit to slap on my eibachs, and they never blew my shocks or gave me irregular tire wear, granted i always drifted my tires away before any long term effects could be seen. Eibachs are progressive so they stiffen a bit as you put more load on them. You have to realize most people get megan or equivalent springs to begin with and that is the only opinion they have before they go buy megan coils or some other crap.

I have eibachs and Kyb GR-2's, and they are great for a daily that i occasionally drive spritedly in the mountains. However i do plan on going with coils, but not for any of the reasons previously listed.

To answer your question. you dont need to do anything at all to put eibachs on your car. Just go get it aligned after you slap em on.
*and your struts are what your springs go onto.
I did Eibachs and AGX SS's, after first doing with Tein S-Techs and AGX's (non ss). It feels almost exactly the same, save being a little lower. But the first set up was pretty much destroyed within 3 years of street driving. Sure, that's a fair amount of time. But the shock/strut was not designed to be compressed in the way that a 2" drop will force it to be. That is what causes the loss of longevity. It also affects the the damping, since it falls outside of the designed parameters. Not a concern to a lot of people, and sure as hell wasn't to me. But for all the time and money I've spent figuring out what I would ultimately want at the end of it all, I could've bought a set of baller as hell coils. Of course, at the time I started this, a lot of the nicer coils on the market now weren't even in production yet. Not to mention that if you ever want to put a decent set of wheels/tires on the car, you'll never be able to clear the gigantic diameter of the stock spring up front, or even mount some of the larger brake kits. It all depends on your goals, I guess. I honestly enjoyed both of the set-ups I had above. What I didn't enjoy was spending the 700 or so dollars twice and then deciding to shop for coils.

But that has nothing to do with anything, really.

Last edited by Prime; 08-15-2011 at 09:53 PM.. Reason: spelling/grammar
Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 02:11 AM   #7281
slowvia
Zilvia Junkie

slowvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry for the newb question, but what are all the different types of S13 sideskirts? I never really gave a sh*t before because I planned on buying an aftermarket kit, but have changed my mind recently and decided to stay all OEM. Pics and labels would be great if possible!
slowvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:56 AM   #7282
s13silvia_R
Zilvia Member

s13silvia_R is making a name for him/her selfs13silvia_R is making a name for him/her self
Anyone know if the s14 rlca will fit a s13? mind you I have a s13 subframe.
Reason I ask is, the s14 rlca is rustless and my current s13 rlca is pretty rusty.
s13silvia_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:36 AM   #7283
Jonathong
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
Jonathong is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Would coilovers with a spring rate of 8kg and 6kg be pretty decent for daily driving?

Sent from my Htcclay's SuperCM7 G2 using Tapatalk
Jonathong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 11:58 AM   #7284
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowvia View Post
Sorry for the newb question, but what are all the different types of S13 sideskirts? I never really gave a sh*t before because I planned on buying an aftermarket kit, but have changed my mind recently and decided to stay all OEM. Pics and labels would be great if possible!
There are 3 OEM options. 180SX sideskirts flare down at each end. Silvia sideskirts are flat along the bottom (don't flare down). And Canadian sideskirts look like Silvia ones, but have an indention that runs along the length, ending a few inches before the rear wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathong View Post
Would coilovers with a spring rate of 8kg and 6kg be pretty decent for daily driving?

Sent from my Htcclay's SuperCM7 G2 using Tapatalk
If they are good coilovers, then yes. My Silk Roads with those spring rates are quite comfortable. Crummy coilovers may still crash and bang and bounce with those spring rates.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:05 PM   #7285
foxystyle
Zilvia Member

foxystyle is an unknown quantity at this point
Okay I want to know what's the difference between Isis arms and circuit sport arms. To me they both look weak and the same, but both get the job done. I'm saving up for the whole shop Max set which will be over a grand, but inthe mean time I just want to prevent camber wear! Looking at Isis and cs the arms look identical. Can anyone chime in?
foxystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 12:35 PM   #7286
Wake
Premium Member

Wake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud ofWake has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by axiomatik View Post
There are 3 OEM options. 180SX sideskirts flare down at each end. Silvia sideskirts are flat along the bottom (don't flare down). And Canadian sideskirts look like Silvia ones, but have an indention that runs along the length, ending a few inches before the rear wheel.
You forgot theres 2 versions of 180sx sides, chuki/kouki. Both flare but differently.
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 08-16-2011, 01:22 PM   #7287
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
You forgot theres 2 versions of 180sx sides, chuki/kouki. Both flare but differently.
yeah, i did forget about kouki. it's 2-piece and less symmetrical.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:46 PM   #7288
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by David48 View Post
I never had aftermarket springs or struts on my car. I just listened to smart people and saved my pennies to buy coilovers. But with any drop I can imagine your camber being knocked off.
Ultiamtly Saving Pennies for 700 dollar coilovers is a waste too.

Bottom line is a good strut and spring is going to outhandle any entry level coilover. It won't slam it, so you loose street cred, but who cares.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 02:13 PM   #7289
Wake
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
Ultiamtly Saving Pennies for 700 dollar coilovers is a waste too.

Bottom line is a good strut and spring is going to outhandle any entry level coilover. It won't slam it, so you loose street cred, but who cares.
That was my point. But nobody likes to listen to common sense anymore.

This was the question......
Quote:
Question: what do i have to buy for my car so i wont mess up my alignment and wear out my tires
Answer - Nothing just get an alignment to stock specs after.

/issue
S.P.P.S. Member #00
Old 08-16-2011, 02:51 PM   #7290
soreballz
Post Whore!

soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxystyle View Post
Okay I want to know what's the difference between Isis arms and circuit sport arms.
Same shit, different label.
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
soreballz is offline   Reply With Quote