Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-12-2018, 05:25 PM   #22261
loser101
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
loser101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to loser101
What are the vacuum and coolant nipples on the intake manifold made of?
It looks like there is a coating on them that sands off, if the coating is gone will they rust?
Old 10-12-2018, 09:35 PM   #22262
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
Is there such a thing as a Wideband that does NOT come with a gauge pod? I basically want to replace the stock O2 sensor, have the output available for logging, a narrowband output fed to the ECU, but be able to hide the box somewhere.
https://www.aemelectronics.com/produ...afr-controller

https://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/lc2.php

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman2334 View Post
so, when the photobucket-gate thing hit, there was a link that was going around that would pull up a previous version of the site, prior to pb screwing us. does anyone have that link?

its getting tiring finding old lexus threads with a lot of good info, and the pictures don't work.
Just search for Photobucket extensions for Google Chrome.
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 08:34 AM   #22263
inopsey
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (21)
inopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant futureinopsey has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
Is there such a thing as a Wideband that does NOT come with a gauge pod? I basically want to replace the stock O2 sensor, have the output available for logging, a narrowband output fed to the ECU, but be able to hide the box somewhere.
what ecu? if its a standalone just hook up the wideband sensor, input the calibration table into the ecu and your done.
inopsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 12:23 PM   #22264
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by inopsey View Post
what ecu? if its a standalone just hook up the wideband sensor, input the calibration table into the ecu and your done.
Would just be an S15 ECU with Nistune board. Nistune board won't take a wideband input directly, but software can use it for logging.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 07:25 PM   #22265
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
im not sure what ballerbolts sold, but if youre after Ti stuff, check out Toronto cycles or pro-bolt.

ive ordered from Toronto cycles before and haven't had an issue. their website looks like it was made/designed around the time the caveman discovered fire, but id still recommend buying from them. I haven't ordered from pro bolt, but my dad does fairly frequently for the sprint car he works on. pro bolt is sorta pricey, but ti isn't cheap to begin with. their black Ti is also DLC.
Checked these sites but they dont have what I need.

>Does anyone know where I can order good quality M8x1.25 turbo exhaust housing to dump pipe studs? And are the OEM ones 35mm in length?

I read something about steel studs not being cut out for the job due to heat-cycles so Im trying to avoid steel replacement studs. I'll check ACE but I think they'll carry lower grade metal studs (I could be wrong). I couldnt find anything from ARP either.
Old 10-14-2018, 07:28 AM   #22266
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post

>Does anyone know where I can order good quality M8x1.25 turbo exhaust housing to dump pipe studs? And are the OEM ones 35mm in length?

I read something about steel studs not being cut out for the job due to heat-cycles so Im trying to avoid steel replacement studs. I'll check ACE but I think they'll carry lower grade metal studs (I could be wrong). I couldnt find anything from ARP either.
If you are going to go stainless or other metal harder than basic treated steel, AND if you are using ANY bolt and nut combo or bolts in a car(EXCEPT head studs) use silver colored anti seize. This dab will stop heat welding for those of you who still do not understand why exhaust hardware is hard to remove
Old 10-14-2018, 08:55 AM   #22267
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
If you are going to go stainless or other metal harder than basic treated steel, AND if you are using ANY bolt and nut combo or bolts in a car(EXCEPT head studs) use silver colored anti seize. This dab will stop heat welding for those of you who still do not understand why exhaust hardware is hard to remove
So youre saying I can get away with using ACE hardware stainless studs as long as I apply some anti-sieze? What metal are the SR230 turbos made out of anyway?
Old 10-14-2018, 01:28 PM   #22268
1993fdrx7
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (32)
1993fdrx7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
are there aftermarket s chassis front knuckles that have provision for cts-v brakes or do you always have to use the adapter?
1993fdrx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 04:46 AM   #22269
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
So youre saying I can get away with using ACE hardware stainless studs as long as I apply some anti-sieze? What metal are the SR230 turbos made out of anyway?
Not ACE or Lowes et al, NOT THEM. Go to your local FASTENER shop. We have Fastenal and a local guy here(Clarksville Fasteners) that do nothing but bolts, nits, washers, a few things like Kroil(It IS made in Nashville)
Old 10-15-2018, 05:29 AM   #22270
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Not ACE or Lowes et al, NOT THEM. Go to your local FASTENER shop. We have Fastenal and a local guy here(Clarksville Fasteners) that do nothing but bolts, nits, washers, a few things like Kroil(It IS made in Nashville)
There's a fastenal in my area too so I'll check that out

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
Old 10-15-2018, 03:11 PM   #22271
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Quote:

im sorry. you said baller bolts, so I had assumed you were asking about dess up bolts and not turbo hardware. I had to look it up on their site, but it does look like they sell SR turbo studs.

if im understanding correctly what you need, FR sport has them for $1.09 a pop:
https://frsport.com/frsport-stud-8mm...1-25pitch-stud
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 05:21 PM   #22272
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by derass View Post
Just search for Photobucket extensions for Google Chrome.
thank you. I believe I tried this a while ago and I couldn't get it to work. I will have to try on the home computer.
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 06:35 PM   #22273
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
im sorry. you said baller bolts, so I had assumed you were asking about dess up bolts and not turbo hardware. I had to look it up on their site, but it does look like they sell SR turbo studs.

if im understanding correctly what you need, FR sport has them for $1.09 a pop:
https://frsport.com/frsport-stud-8mm...1-25pitch-stud
Youre right, I wasnt looking for dressup bolts. Im kinda bummed ballerbolts was a hoax, they seemed to have the right idea. I was totally ready to buy driveshaft bolts
Old 10-16-2018, 06:22 PM   #22274
brokeboi01
Zilvia Junkie

brokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enoughbrokeboi01 will become famous soon enough
How do I convince my ex-wife to give me back my kids

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
brokeboi01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 08:18 PM   #22275
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokeboi01 View Post
How do I convince my ex-wife to give me back my kids

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You have a court tell her to do it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
mr.nismo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 02:27 PM   #22276
theStig880
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
theStig880 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Question for those with z32/r32 rear drums. I installed them today and the hub is hitting is just barely hitting the anchor and spring perches. I have the PBM ebrake spacer, so I dunno if that is pushing it out too far or what. Any clues?

Old 10-21-2018, 03:50 PM   #22277
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like you have the thick anchor that doesn't need a spacer. It shouldn't be that close to the hub.
Old 10-21-2018, 04:05 PM   #22278
theStig880
Zilvia Junkie

theStig880 is on a distinguished road
I thought so too but looking again, they should be the thinner ones. Its got the nub and the hole isnt tapped like the one on the left.

Old 10-22-2018, 12:06 PM   #22279
j4r1ll41990

j4r1ll41990 is a well-known jackass
Are the '03 350z brake parts the ones I need for my s14 240sx big brake conversion?
j4r1ll41990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 06:52 PM   #22280
e30gangsta
Zilvia Addict

e30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to alle30gangsta is a name known to all
So I own a rhd silvia s13 which comes with 5 bolt rear axles/output shafts and a jdm vlsd diff. I have a welded diff out of a us 240sx that has 3x2 output shafts that I would like to install.

Is it possible for me to install the 240sx welded diff and use the jdm 5 bolt axles output shafts with the 5 bolt axles?
e30gangsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 08:46 PM   #22281
cynabel

cynabel is an unknown quantity at this point
240sx with sr20det no spark

Hello all. I have what I hope are not silly questions (know very little about these engines/cars) Helping my son to troubleshoot. He swapped his ECU for a Power FC. It ran great for a couple of weeks, then lost spark. I've read a ton about no spark situations and checked everything people recommended. All looks good except when checking pins on the ECU, several pins, including the ECU ground, have good ground, but also 8 volts?!? Might that cause no spark and/or messed up the ECU?? Also, backup power (pin 46) shows 12+ volts (not constant), but ECU power(pin 47) shows nothing?!? Could that keep the ECU from "saving" information? Thanks for your help. (Nevermind, I think I posted in the wrong area. I'll repost in Engine Tech).

Last edited by cynabel; 10-22-2018 at 09:58 PM.. Reason: Wrong place I think.
cynabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 10:50 AM   #22282
240msh
Zilvia Member

240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known
What clutch master cylinder is everyone using? Everytime I use an exedy replacement or some autozone trash I constantly have issues.. opinions on the wildwood clutch master?
Old 10-24-2018, 06:54 AM   #22283
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240msh View Post
What clutch master cylinder is everyone using? Everytime I use an exedy replacement or some autozone trash I constantly have issues.. opinions on the wildwood clutch master?
Centric, ie, Stop Tech makes great brake parts. Theirs is bored at like .020 over OE with brand new oversized parts...which makes stopping really nice
Old 10-31-2018, 06:40 PM   #22284
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Hi friends,

I am in dire need of someone that understands how 3-piece wheels work (l0l). I am currently working with 18x10 +13 (4.0" Outer Lip, 6.0" Inner) VS-XX rear wheels and it's improperly sized for the stock S14 body. Mind you I bought the car with the wheels already in place.

The issue is that the rear lip protrudes a solid 0.5-0.75" past the fender; the tire sits in such a way that the lip is the post protruding piece of the wheel. I am trying to figure out what specs (lip and inner barrel) would achieve a wheel that sits flush with the fender. Ideally I could reuse either the 4" lip or 6" inner barrel.

My logic thinks I can get a 3" lip and that should do, but would changing the inner barrel to 0.5" shorter make a difference or is that just from the suspension side and outside will be unaffected?
Old 11-01-2018, 05:50 AM   #22285
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Hi friends,

I am in dire need of someone that understands how 3-piece wheels work (l0l). I am currently working with 18x10 +13 (4.0" Outer Lip, 6.0" Inner) VS-XX rear wheels and it's improperly sized for the stock S14 body. Mind you I bought the car with the wheels already in place.

The issue is that the rear lip protrudes a solid 0.5-0.75" past the fender; the tire sits in such a way that the lip is the post protruding piece of the wheel. I am trying to figure out what specs (lip and inner barrel) would achieve a wheel that sits flush with the fender. Ideally I could reuse either the 4" lip or 6" inner barrel.

My logic thinks I can get a 3" lip and that should do, but would changing the inner barrel to 0.5" shorter make a difference or is that just from the suspension side and outside will be unaffected?
Perfect flush fitment on the S14 is with a Square G6 model with 17x9+15. The below calculator is pretty dang good with the measurements from center and offset to check lip distance. Do your math and look at the link's information more than the picture. The math data is accurate

http://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp
Old 11-01-2018, 06:07 AM   #22286
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Perfect flush fitment on the S14 is with a Square G6 model with 17x9+15. The below calculator is pretty dang good with the measurements from center and offset to check lip distance. Do your math and look at the link's information more than the picture. The math data is accurate

http://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp
I never really understood these calculators that compare one wheel to the other, I dont have a starting point. Furthermore, Im not trying to forego the 3 piece wheel for something else.
Old 11-01-2018, 06:51 AM   #22287
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
I never really understood these calculators that compare one wheel to the other, I dont have a starting point. Furthermore, Im not trying to forego the 3 piece wheel for something else.
Your starting point in the current wheels, the calculator will help you see what changes to the barrel will effect.

For a 3 piece wheel, the center disk is static, and the sizes of the barrel and lip will effect width and offset. Your assumption is correct though, a reduction in lip size will bring the outside edge in by that amount with no other changes. 1" is roughly 25mm, so you'd end up with a 9" +38 offset (if my math is correct). Might have to play around with a calculator to verify though.
Old 11-02-2018, 06:17 AM   #22288
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Look at the center line of the barrel. This is static. Then look at the offset line for the hub. Note the barrel measurements from center line or offset line. Look at the lines that show how far out the wheel pokes over stock.

1" = 33mm

Your HUB surface is your center line. Offset as in a positive number works as follows:

STOCK SE wheel: 16" x 6.5" +42mm This is a battle sunk wheel. It is about 2" inside the wheel well and fender line. The front surface of the wheel is roughly 4" from the hub surface

Like I said, use the calculator, and look at the picture. DO THIS UNTIL YOU UNDERSTAND. You are smart, you will figure it out, then suddenly wheel fitment, A disc, B disc, and 0 Disc will suddenly be easy to figure out
Hint: 0 disc is perfect center, A disc is weak, B disc is strong
Old 11-03-2018, 01:38 PM   #22289
jaysgottaredtop
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
jaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
1" = 33mm
Old 11-03-2018, 04:21 PM   #22290
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysgottaredtop View Post
He's obviously using penis inches for those conversions instead of standard inches.