Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-30-2018, 12:27 PM   #22231
Jacob Butler
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Jacob Butler is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What's stiffer, filling stock mounts with window weld or legit polyurethane motor mounts? Are they a big difference?
Jacob Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2018, 01:34 PM   #22232
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob Butler View Post
What's stiffer, filling stock mounts with window weld or legit polyurethane motor mounts? Are they a big difference?
Get Dave's mounts (sticky in for sale section). You won't regret it. 65k miles between two motors and they're still rockin.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
mr.nismo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 01:40 PM   #22233
OriginalNuttah
BANNED

OriginalNuttah is a well-known jackass
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Redline View Post
I'm curious as to what this rare thing you are going to show us? You have a rally version factory car? Maybe a one only built factory special kouki that had to be built over and over, or maybe a lifted donk S14. Seriously guys, I am curious to see just what exactly this rare stuff is. Bend the rules just for that, and if it sucks, effect a post ban for 30 days
It's more of a historic piece than any of your suggestions dude.. yeah I'm game for that. Just ban me after if ya'll think my whip is lame.
OriginalNuttah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 01:36 PM   #22234
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Material wise (not including compressor and gun)

how much would it cost to paint a car? I am just weighing out the possible experiment of doing it myself
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 04:38 AM   #22235
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiKid View Post
Material wise (not including compressor and gun)

how much would it cost to paint a car? I am just weighing out the possible experiment of doing it myself
A few hundred for a good air dryer and oil separator, another hundred or so for a gun fine spray kit, and more than one paint bottle, about 2 or 3 hundred for the paint or more, then maybe a grand in different sand papers, primers and fillers and time to prep it right before painting, wet sand it after and coat again...really hours of time and sanding to make it look good and not like a golf ball was rolled over it
Old 10-03-2018, 01:19 PM   #22236
ap3x

ap3x is on the path to ruinap3x is on the path to ruin
sorry for the newb question, but why can't I can't start a new thread in the want to buy section? it keeps saying that i do not have access? Admins pls help..
ap3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 01:27 PM   #22237
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap3x View Post
sorry for the newb question, but why can't I can't start a new thread in the want to buy section? it keeps saying that i do not have access? Admins pls help..
Because you're too new. Post around a bit.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
mr.nismo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 10:42 PM   #22238
Hanzosuka

Hanzosuka is an unknown quantity at this point
Need to know ASAP

This question might be stupid but does anyone know if the side markers for the kouki and zenki are the same, need new ones and trying to see if the zenkis would fit on my oem kouki bumper, oh and usdm by the way
Thanks!
Hanzosuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 11:47 AM   #22239
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Can I remove the factory black stripe on my s13 with an eraser wheel?
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 11:52 AM   #22240
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenkiKid View Post
Can I remove the factory black stripe on my s13 with an eraser wheel?
yes... but id recommend using a heat gun and some plastic razor blades as paint on these cars is shit. eraser wheel will probably take paint with it!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 10:42 PM   #22241
Jacob Butler
Leaky Injector

Anyone ever painted their car Aztec red with duplicolor perfect match? How did it go? Cuz most of my 240 is Aztec red but it's a little multi colored
Old 10-07-2018, 06:23 AM   #22242
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

I'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to allI'm Redline is a name known to all
Quote:
Anyone ever painted their car Aztec red with duplicolor perfect match? How did it go? Cuz most of my 240 is Aztec red but it's a little multi colored
Do yourself a favor and take teh entire exterior, trunk, and door jambs down to primer. Then use flat black primer, and wet sand it smooth. Then start applying that semi translucent red, 8 layers nice and even. Now wet sand it smooth. Now here's where you go from wannabe to star...apply a coat of orange pearl mist, just one, or if you like the highlights to seriously pop, two. Now wet sand and clear 3 coats. light wet sand, and done. You will have a seriously beautiful red and in the sun, the highlights will look 🔥🔥🔥🔥
Old 10-07-2018, 05:32 PM   #22243
Fightlife

Fightlife is an unknown quantity at this point
I tried searching, but couldn’t find anything useful. I’m wanting to import a s15. It will be used for show purposes with maybe a few road races a year. Now, is it worth my time or have a chance of it getting passed by the NHTSA since I won’t be trying to drive it in the streets or anything? I know there’s a few already here in the states, just trying to figure out what exactly I should do or need to do.
Fightlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 07:04 PM   #22244
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Does anyone know if BallerBolts is still in business? Their site is active, I placed an order a week back and I havent gotten any updates; even after following up.
Old 10-08-2018, 09:52 AM   #22245
OriginalNuttah
BANNED

Why is it so hard to import great JDM cars into the States??
Old 10-08-2018, 10:16 AM   #22246
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
Does anyone know if BallerBolts is still in business? Their site is active, I placed an order a week back and I havent gotten any updates; even after following up.
They're known scammers. Call your credit card company and cancel.
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=362128
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 11:03 AM   #22247
Jacob Butler
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Do yourself a favor and take teh entire exterior, trunk, and door jambs down to primer. Then use flat black primer, and wet sand it smooth. Then start applying that semi translucent red, 8 layers nice and even. Now wet sand it smooth. Now here's where you go from wannabe to star...apply a coat of orange pearl mist, just one, or if you like the highlights to seriously pop, two. Now wet sand and clear 3 coats. light wet sand, and done. You will have a seriously beautiful red and in the sun, the highlights will look [emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]
Damn honestly that does sound really nice

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Old 10-08-2018, 01:29 PM   #22248
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightlife View Post
I tried searching, but couldn’t find anything useful. I’m wanting to import a s15. It will be used for show purposes with maybe a few road races a year. Now, is it worth my time or have a chance of it getting passed by the NHTSA since I won’t be trying to drive it in the streets or anything? I know there’s a few already here in the states, just trying to figure out what exactly I should do or need to do.
Can't bring one as a show or track car, as they're neither particularly special, nor are they purpose-built race cars.

You're gonna have to search a bit harder if you want to learn how to smuggle a prohibited item into the US. I would imagine that the people who've done it already weren't stupid enough to document how they did it on the internet.

Last edited by derass; 10-08-2018 at 05:26 PM..
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 07:07 PM   #22249
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
They're known scammers. Call your credit card company and cancel. http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=362128
Thanks for the heads up. Would you happen to know any sites that sell good grade replacement bolts for 240s?
Old 10-09-2018, 04:49 AM   #22250
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Damn honestly that does sound really nice

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

BASF Onyx paint system, Nissan Red. That was my beautiful zenki before that bitch ran through a safety zone and hit me. Only option was to sand it down and go cheap with it's BMW Gunmetal Grey and black roof...which I like but really really loved that red.

Next paint is going to be taken to metal, then same translucent gunmetal with candy blue pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by derass View Post
Can't bring one as a show or track car, as they're neither particularly special, nor are they purpose-built race cars.

You're gonna have to search a bit harder if you want to learn how to smuggle a prohibited item into the US. I would imagine that the people who've done it already weren't stupid enough to document how they did it on the internet.

You can get them in on a show car status 2500 miles or less. Check with the importers like RIVSU (who brought in Bear's coupe)

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up. Would you happen to know any sites that sell good grade replacement bolts for 240s?
Check Sickspeed on Amazon, and NR*G. Also, your local hardware fastener shop(NOT hardware STORE, but guy who sells fasteners only) will have stainless anodized bolts and stuff too
Old 10-09-2018, 06:51 AM   #22251
simon524

simon524 is an unknown quantity at this point
s13 C-West hammer shark II wing

Anyone have a decent pic of the mounting tabs on the c-west hammer shark wing?
simon524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 04:45 AM   #22252
I'm Redline
Zilvia Addict

Original Nuttah's rare ride.
Leopard has high tech for it's year, VG30DETT. Nice rare ride!

https://imgur.com/4jfExyF#
Old 10-10-2018, 01:24 PM   #22253
tacobellman_2007
Zilvia Addict

tacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nicetacobellman_2007 is just really nice
Are SA3R Version 1 center caps all the same size? Aka will center caps from 16" or 17" SA3Rs fit directly on 18" SA3Rs?

I'm looking for a set of them for the 18s I have...

Amateur photography by me
tacobellman_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 02:12 PM   #22254
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
im not sure what ballerbolts sold, but if youre after Ti stuff, check out Toronto cycles or pro-bolt.

ive ordered from Toronto cycles before and haven't had an issue. their website looks like it was made/designed around the time the caveman discovered fire, but id still recommend buying from them. I haven't ordered from pro bolt, but my dad does fairly frequently for the sprint car he works on. pro bolt is sorta pricey, but ti isn't cheap to begin with. their black Ti is also DLC.
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 05:16 AM   #22255
OriginalNuttah
BANNED

Quote:
Original Nuttah's rare ride.
Leopard has high tech for it's year, VG30DETT. Nice rare ride!

https://imgur.com/4jfExyF#
Thanks for the kind words my G.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:23 PM   #22256
3NDLESS
Leaky Injector

3NDLESS is an unknown quantity at this point
Whats the part number of the oem gasket for the ka24e upper downpipe, where the 4 runners go to 2. If there isn't an oem gasket what gasket could I use.. maybe from another car
3NDLESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 08:08 AM   #22257
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Is there such a thing as a Wideband that does NOT come with a gauge pod? I basically want to replace the stock O2 sensor, have the output available for logging, a narrowband output fed to the ECU, but be able to hide the box somewhere.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 10:19 AM   #22258
Agamemnon
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
Agamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfectionAgamemnon is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3NDLESS View Post
Whats the part number of the oem gasket for the ka24e upper downpipe, where the 4 runners go to 2. If there isn't an oem gasket what gasket could I use.. maybe from another car
If you’re referring to the metal ring gasket:
20691-57E01
Agamemnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 12:40 PM   #22259
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
McMaster Carr has literally any bolt you could ever need.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 05:23 PM   #22260
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
so, when the photobucket-gate thing hit, there was a link that was going around that would pull up a previous version of the site, prior to pb screwing us. does anyone have that link?

its getting tiring finding old lexus threads with a lot of good info, and the pictures don't work.
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote