Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 03-21-2018, 09:32 AM   #1
Jakes32guitar

Trader Rating: (0)
Jakes32guitar is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Whats it worth?

Looking for some insight on what my car is worth as is, its a 96 S14 with a s15 front clip, steel fenders and hood, fresh white paint, rust free. Stock suspension except coil overs in rear for height adjustment for tire fitment. It is a running driving 400+ hp ls1 T56 swapped car with hooker long tubes and GTO pan, has power steering but no heat or a/c or radio right now. The problem is I just got it done and fired the engine and one of the oil cooler block offs was previously drilled out without my knowledge so it starved the bottom end for oil and now has bearing damage. It didn't run long so unsure how bad. I'm considering selling as is because I don't want to spend the time to take it back apart and fix it and kinda lost interest now. engine mods are a 227/236 600/600 cam, ls6 intake and 243 heads with pac 1218 springs.
Jakes32guitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2018, 09:47 AM   #2
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Photos would help alot, however this is a true buyers deal. What I mean is that LS swapped stuff doesnt fetch much cause everyone wants SR/KA or RB/JZ.
afishysilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 10:04 AM   #3
Jakes32guitar

here is one
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 171112_399.jpg (415.3 KB, 25 views)
Old 03-21-2018, 10:06 AM   #4
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Was the front clip installed on the chassis or were the fenders just made to fit?
Old 03-21-2018, 10:10 AM   #5
Jakes32guitar

fenders made to fit. also forgot to add it has the z32 brake upgrade and a z32 diff with lsd and 350 axle shafts. I bought the car as a previously swapped roller with all the swap parts and put my own engine and trans in it over the winter then this happened.
Old 03-21-2018, 10:14 AM   #6
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakes32guitar View Post
fenders made to fit. also forgot to add it has the z32 brake upgrade and a z32 diff with lsd and 350 axle shafts. I bought the car as a previously swapped roller with all the swap parts and put my own engine and trans in it over the winter then this happened.
Judging from parts it has and work that needs to be done, id say around 7-10 grand depending on the person. I would much rather buy this than some conversion fenders and dumb aero all messed up. I say keep it man
Old 03-21-2018, 10:14 AM   #7
Jakes32guitar

Also has 42lbs injectors, fuel lab regulator and walbro 450 in tank.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 24293868_1975967155996603_464057348102714377_n.jpg (68.2 KB, 17 views)
Old 03-21-2018, 10:22 AM   #8
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

When you say the fenders made to fit, were they grafted with S14 fender/S15 fender or just trimmed the S15 fender? Looks good though, I went through a similar failure and was pretty bummed. Much happier I decided to rebuild it and keep it though.
Old 03-21-2018, 10:25 AM   #9
flartius
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
flartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Looks pretty clean, no major dents, all one color. How’s the interior?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-21-2018, 10:27 AM   #10
Jakes32guitar

I did not do the work but it looks like s15 fenders were just trimmed/modified to fit. It's probably never going to be a show car but it looks nice. I'm sure I will probably keep it buy I'm in MN and summers are short. I also have 2 classic cars and 2 boats that need to be prepared for summer and just am feeling a little stressed for time.
Old 03-21-2018, 10:29 AM   #11
Jakes32guitar

body is pretty straight and paint looks nice and was professionally done, interior is mostly complete and in good shape overall. missing a few pieces and needs a good cleaning
Old 03-21-2018, 10:39 AM   #12
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
It's worth keeping, that is what it is worth.
If you're not hurting for money or space and don't have someone breathing down your neck to get rid of it, you'd be foolish to let it go. You'll regret it when all you will be able to find when you want to get back in is shitted out half-cocked wannabe drift cars.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 10:53 AM   #13
flartius
Leaky Injector

flartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud of
Whats it worth?

I’m with Phlip, unless you’re hurting for money or space I’d just keep it. It’s really hard to value something that has had a motor from this car put in it and body parts from that car put on it. If you’re dead set on selling or pricing it I would say ask yourself what would you pay for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-21-2018, 11:49 AM   #14
Jakes32guitar

hmmm. I just don't know what to do yet. is $8000 way out of line to ask?
Old 03-21-2018, 11:54 AM   #15
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Quote:
hmmm. I just don't know what to do yet. is $8000 way out of line to ask?
Are you reading the responses to this thread?

And I write too!
Old 03-21-2018, 11:55 AM   #16
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Very simple.

Post it up for a high price if you don't need to sell it. If someone gives you an offer you're happy to take, then sell it.

Otherwise, put it away for a while and fix it later.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 11:57 AM   #17
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
Very simple.

Post it up for a high price if you don't need to sell it. If someone gives you an offer you're happy to take, then sell it.

Otherwise, put it away for a while and fix it later.
In Minnesota, a rust-free car with fresh paint should ONLY be kept and safely stored until interest is restored or a legitimately better option is made available.
Anything other is seeding a field of regret in the future.

And I write too!
Old 03-21-2018, 12:06 PM   #18
Jakes32guitar

I am reading the replies, so if I decided to post it for a high price, is $8000 high? $8000 won't exactly make me happy but it could pay off some bills and make it possible for me to enjoy my short summer more easily.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:10 PM   #19
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
Judging from parts it has and work that needs to be done, id say around 7-10 grand depending on the person. I would much rather buy this than some conversion fenders and dumb aero all messed up. I say keep it man
Like I said $7K-$10K would be the range. What hurts you is no suspension and not knowing the severity of engine failure. Ill say it right now, car is worth more to you than anyone else at the moment. Its a great looking car, keep it and sell the classic turds. Living in Minnesota myself years ago, classics don't last and for having all the salt id rather destroy a 240.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:11 PM   #20
flartius
Leaky Injector

Quote:
I am reading the replies, so if I decided to post it for a high price, is $8000 high? $8000 won't exactly make me happy but it could pay off some bills and make it possible for me to enjoy my short summer more easily.
$8k would be a good place to start. Again, post it to what you think is a fair asking price and if someone makes you an offer you can live with take it. You don't have to feed it so if it sits in storage until you get an acceptable offer or find interest/time to finish it, so be it.
Old 03-22-2018, 11:22 AM   #21
Jakes32guitar

Thanks for the help everyone, I decided your right I have to fix it.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:18 PM   #22
EFITTZY
Zilvia Junkie

EFITTZY is making a name for him/her selfEFITTZY is making a name for him/her self
You made the right choice
Old 03-22-2018, 02:26 PM   #23
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Glad you came to your senses. Keeping it and fixing it -- storing it until you're up to it -- is really the only smart decision.

And I write too!