Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 03-06-2018, 06:23 PM   #1
azsr20det
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
azsr20det is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How do i fix this?!? (Installing steel braided brake lines)

So im installing ISR steel braided brake lines to finish my brake job, got 3 corners done and then come to this shit

How am i supposed to unscrew the old one and put on the new one when its mauled to fuck like that??? Any insight please as to how to fix this? I cant get a wrench around either the hard line or the end of the softline. This is literally the last connection I have to make too to be finished
azsr20det is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2018, 06:31 PM   #2
flartius
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
flartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
As far as breaking them apart a pipe wrench should grip it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-06-2018, 06:37 PM   #3
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Man I would replace that entire line if I was you. However yes a pipe wrench or a good pair of vice grips should do it. I would bolt it back onto the bracket to keep it secured
afishysilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 07:17 PM   #4
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Some nice big vice grips. The Real deal, not chinese harbor freight stuff.

then its super ghetto but. I know changing the line is a pain and Im not sure about cutting and re-flaring it (maybe look into that), but you might be able to smooth 2 sides of it into a square shape so you can re-tighten it for now without the vice grip.
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 07:22 PM   #5
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
that's an easy one. Remove with a pipe wrench. Once apart and drained, saw off the end of the line right above the flare, and remove the damaged fitting. Find new fitting at the auto parts (may have to buy a whole straight line just to take the fitting-short ones are cheap), slide new fitting into the line, re-flare the end of the line with a flaring tool, find the bracket you're missing, and install everything back together. Done.
Old 03-06-2018, 08:40 PM   #6
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

Trader Rating: (37)
anti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to anti tyler Send a message via Yahoo to anti tyler
It's already been beaten to a pulp;

Vice grips
Pipe wrench

Shit even a nice pair of lets say, Irwin channel locks would do the trick. That's what I used.

Most auto parts stores have the pre-fit small sections of brake line. Stop in and replace that thing!

I wouldn't recommend trying to flare your own with the loaner tools though, they don't usually line up right and you end up with a fat lip on one side and smashed lip on the other.

Definitely find that bracket though, well actually it wont really matter when you put the braided line on.

OH and get a damn boot for that inner tie rod.
but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!
Current for sale advertisement

anti tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 06:38 AM   #7
oewoko
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
oewoko is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by azsr20det View Post
So im installing ISR steel braided brake lines to finish my brake job, got 3 corners done and then come to this shit

How am i supposed to unscrew the old one and put on the new one when its mauled to fuck like that??? Any insight please as to how to fix this? I cant get a wrench around either the hard line or the end of the softline. This is literally the last connection I have to make too to be finished
Glad you posted. Ran into the same problem couple weeks ago. Changing to Z brakes, and of course only 1 flare nut got stripped.

Following

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
oewoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 08:03 AM   #8
azsr20det
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
azsr20det is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have the bracket that holds the line btw guys, i took it off when I saw the fittings ends were mauled because i needed more room to get the tools in there and kept cutting my hands on the other side one lol
azsr20det is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 08:36 AM   #9
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Meh I had to remove those brake line brackets so that my wheels wouldn't hit them at full lock lol.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote