Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-23-2017, 02:41 PM   #20791
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Crazyced is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
JDM and USDM S13 rear subframes are identical and swappable right?
Crazyced is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2017, 02:58 PM   #20792
Lompang
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Lompang is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Think my head gasket just blew. Car had overheating problems so I flushed radiator and poured new coolant, new thermostat, and was bleeding it. Car got hot turned it off. Tried turning it on when cold with cap off and coolant just shoots out of radiator. Car doesn't run anymore it just cranks infinitely too. So safe to assume bad head gasket I presume? Coolant is not milky or oil.
Lompang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 03:09 PM   #20793
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Compression check and leak down test.
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 04:35 PM   #20794
anti tyler
GM2 (SW/AW)

Trader Rating: (37)
anti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfectionanti tyler is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to anti tyler Send a message via Yahoo to anti tyler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyced View Post
JDM and USDM S13 rear subframes are identical and swappable right?
Yeah they're the same, only difference is the VLSD and bigger sway bar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lompang View Post
Think my head gasket just blew. Car had overheating problems so I flushed radiator and poured new coolant, new thermostat, and was bleeding it. Car got hot turned it off. Tried turning it on when cold with cap off and coolant just shoots out of radiator. Car doesn't run anymore it just cranks infinitely too. So safe to assume bad head gasket I presume? Coolant is not milky or oil.

Definitely do a compression test, if you don't have a compression tester and/or aren't ready to purchase one do yourself a favor and remove the valve cover and just make sure your timing chain for whatever reason didn't break or isn't loose flopping around.
but that shyt has SWAG

KA-T for life!
Current for sale advertisement

anti tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 05:48 PM   #20795
imbored205
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
imbored205 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Sounds like the module is not seeing the signal from the fob when you hit the lock button, but it is going into the "set" mode since it does the first set of hazards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I also noticed the red Security LED rapidly blinks whenever the car is not on and is never full red. I read that it is supposed to be full red when you leave your car and then start flashing after 20 seconds. Also that the alarm will not work unless it detects all 4 switches are "activated".

I don't think there is anything wrong with the door, trunk, and hood switches. What would be the easiest way to check to factually know if they are ok?
imbored205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 07:28 PM   #20796
TonyToniTuna
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
TonyToniTuna is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
So I am running a stock SR with no BOV. I have my wastegate line running to the bottom hole on the TB.

My Boost gauge going to top right port on TB and FPR going to the opposite port on top of the TB or vice versa can't remember. But.....

Is that bottom line under the TB okay for the wastegate line?
TonyToniTuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 09:05 PM   #20797
blksylv
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
blksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymoreblksylv is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyToniTuna View Post
So I am running a stock SR with no BOV. I have my wastegate line running to the bottom hole on the TB.

My Boost gauge going to top right port on TB and FPR going to the opposite port on top of the TB or vice versa can't remember. But.....

Is that bottom line under the TB okay for the wastegate line?
Yea the bottom line sees boost only. It would be ideal to have the boost source closer to the turbo though. Alot of people put one on the hotpipe or the compressor housing.
there is nothing wrong with enjoying the build. however, we sometimes have to remind ourselves that the build is only one part of the puzzle, and that ultimately - enjoying and driving the car is the number one priority.
blksylv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 11:59 PM   #20798
jared420sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
jared420sx is on the path to ruinjared420sx is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 13 reviews

What kit is this

jared420sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 01:12 PM   #20799
imbored205
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
imbored205 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Trying to go through the diagnostics on configuring my keyless entry remote and found this in the FSM.

How do I read and translate where Terminal 1 of the W/R (White with red stripe?) wire is on the Smart Entrance Control Unit Connector?

In the pic below I looked at the pins but there is no way for me to see where certain wires go on the connector and definitely not where it lies on the module itself. How do I know where "Control Unit Terminal 1" is? Does it go left-right, top-bottom in a matrix format?
imbored205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 02:53 PM   #20800
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
anybody know where the left vacuum hose runs to? Took my intake off like 3 years ago and have forgotten where this hose ends...
Old 02-27-2017, 09:51 PM   #20801
JayJay240sx
Leaky Injector

JayJay240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
clutch change

alright so ill be changing my clutch and im gonna order my parts this week, i just wanted to know if theres anything im forgetting or missing that i should also change while the trans is dropped, this is what i have so far:
-act street strip clutch kit
-act prolight flywheel
-clutch fork and nismo pivot ball
-trans rear seal
-new flywheel bolts
-rear main seal
-trans front cover seal
-oem throw out bearing
-oem clutch release sleeve
-TOB and clutch fork springs
and then of course the trans fluid mt90 and a few misc items pertaining to the shifter like an oem shifter the snap ring the bushing and shifter plate gasket.
also will the pilot bearing the act clutch kit comes with be fine or should i buy an oem one? i have an s13 with an sr20det redtop
JayJay240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 04:55 AM   #20802
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay240sx View Post
alright so ill be changing my clutch and im gonna order my parts this week, i just wanted to know if theres anything im forgetting or missing that i should also change while the trans is dropped, this is what i have so far:
-act prolight flywheel
-trans rear seal
-new flywheel bolts
-rear main seal
-trans front cover seal
-oem throw out bearing
and then of course the trans fluid mt90 and a few misc items pertaining to the shifter like an oem shifter the snap ring the bushing and shifter plate gasket.
also will the pilot bearing the act clutch kit comes with be fine or should i buy an oem one? i have an s13 with an sr20det redtop
Looks like a complete list. Now would be a good time to upgrade to a nismo trans mount. The pilot bearing in the clutch kit is fine, or you could get one of those nismo roller bearing ones.
LoSt180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 10:15 AM   #20803
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Does this ASCD module have anything to do with the clutch interlock switch or is it just for cruise control? I want to rip out this module and all associated wiring if it's just for cruise control.

Old 02-28-2017, 10:46 AM   #20804
Mythic UnD34d

Mythic UnD34d is an unknown quantity at this point
s14 s14 (zenki) body kits

I have a '95 240sx and I'm wondering people's opinions on popular body kits. I want go get an Origins Lab Stylish Line kit, but I don't see any reviews on the site itself. I was also eyeballing a Duraflex kit. (I'm also a newcomer if you haven't noticed.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img_3051.jpg (4.4 KB, 157 views)
Mythic UnD34d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 12:14 PM   #20805
1on1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all1on1 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay240sx View Post
-act prolight flywheel
-trans rear seal
-new flywheel bolts
-rear main seal
-trans front cover seal
-oem throw out bearing
Just a heads up, if you're having grinding issues in the transmission, I would suggest running thicker oil. I don't have an issue with mine but I am running RP 75w-140 so I can hot lap without overheating the fluid.

Per thread: http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=238075

some are mixing 75w90 and 75w140 or running 75w-90 amsoil.
Old 02-28-2017, 03:19 PM   #20806
JayJay240sx
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSt180 View Post
Looks like a complete list. Now would be a good time to upgrade to a nismo trans mount. The pilot bearing in the clutch kit is fine, or you could get one of those nismo roller bearing ones.
I see, thanks for the reply and input im gonna look into the trans mount rn same with the nismo bearing
Old 02-28-2017, 03:20 PM   #20807
JayJay240sx
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1on1 View Post
Just a heads up, if you're having grinding issues in the transmission, I would suggest running thicker oil. I don't have an issue with mine but I am running RP 75w-140 so I can hot lap without overheating the fluid.

Per thread: http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=238075

some are mixing 75w90 and 75w140 or running 75w-90 amsoil.
Yeah i am, and thanks maybe ill switch to something heavier then
Old 03-03-2017, 06:22 AM   #20808
dave123thomas
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
dave123thomas is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
For vlsd does the long shaft go in the driver or passenger side or does it only go in one way? Please pm me if you know
dave123thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 04:13 PM   #20809
jared420sx
Zilvia FREAK!

If i buy this
http://m.ebay.com/itm/Nardi-Personal...-/190994721160
And then buy this
https://www.constant-collection.com/...on-horn-button

Will it work together in a nardi?
Old 03-03-2017, 06:12 PM   #20810
theStig880
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
theStig880 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jared420sx View Post
Constant Collection posted an Instagram story saying they'd throw a ring that would work with a Nardi if you emailed them after ordering that button. So yea, should work
Old 03-03-2017, 06:21 PM   #20811
jared420sx
Zilvia FREAK!

I know emailed them before thanks for lookin out tho G
Old 03-03-2017, 06:23 PM   #20812
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

LoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond reputeLoSt180 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave123thomas View Post
For vlsd does the long shaft go in the driver or passenger side or does it only go in one way? Please pm me if you know
Left is the short one. Right is the long one.
Old 03-04-2017, 01:46 PM   #20813
tomtom8228

tomtom8228 is an unknown quantity at this point
Rb20det in s14; i am wiring two pusher fans. Goal is to have them on high when car is at idle and off at high rpm. So using the stock idle air control circuit is my best bet. Anyone have a wiring diagram with wire colors for me and or advice.

im new to the forums so if this thread exists or your going to point me toward a fsm I apologize for my ignorance.

tomtom8228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 04:35 PM   #20814
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (92)
S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 92 reviews
Small Questions Thread (SEARCH FIRST! Use this instead of making NEW threads)

Okies I need help from the wiring guru's on here im trying to use my OEM cluster sub harness to power up my custom gauge cluster .. is this even possible

I went and referenced how to hook up the the 180sx cluster using the USDM connectors but my turn signals are not functioning, and my tach isn't functioning either (hazard button is installed so that's not my issue)

Please chime in and please PM me because this thread although helpful it's not organized

S-Nation S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 08:08 PM   #20815
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (92)
S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 92 reviews
Anybody ? Please chime in ?? Just want this damn cluster to work

S-Nation S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 08:41 AM   #20816
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Crazyced is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Do the stock fuel hard lines have some kind of bead flare at the ends or do they only seal with hose clamps?
Crazyced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 09:03 AM   #20817
LoSt180
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyced View Post
Do the stock fuel hard lines have some kind of bead flare at the ends or do they only seal with hose clamps?
Looked at a pic of the S14 fuel rail I have for sale and there's a little bump near the end to help keep things in place. There's also another larger bump a little further down to stop the hose, basically shove a good 1.5" of hose onto the end of the hard line.

Dunno of this pic helps:
Old 03-06-2017, 05:52 PM   #20818
tomtom8228

tomtom8228 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom8228 View Post
Rb20det in s14; i am wiring two pusher fans. Goal is to have them on high when car is at idle and off at high rpm. So using the stock idle air control circuit is my best bet. Anyone have a wiring diagram with wire colors for me and or advice.

im new to the forums so if this thread exists or your going to point me toward a fsm I apologize for my ignorance.

Got it figured out

tomtom8228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 01:32 AM   #20819
JayJay240sx
Leaky Injector

Pressure plate

Anybody know the part number for the pressure plate washers for an sr20det red top? Someone said theyre interchangeable with the vg30dett is this true?
Old 03-11-2017, 09:28 AM   #20820
JayJay240sx
Leaky Injector

s13 Flywheel and pressure plate bolts

I cant seem to find an answer anywhere i look, i need the flywheel bolts, the pressure plate bolts, and the pressure plate washers, all oem, can someone please tell me if there are interchangeable bolts for my sr20det red top?