Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 07-03-2009, 02:38 PM   #1
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ALTRNTV
2009-2010 NBA Season Thread

2009-2010 NBA Season Thread

Notable signings/trades so far:
-CLE trades Sasha Pavlovic/Ben Wallace to PHX for O'neal
-Ron Artest agrees 3yr-deal worth $18mil with LAL with option for 4th and 5th year
-Trevor Ariza agrees to 5yr-deal worth around $32mil to HOU (same amount LA was offering, he can thank
his agent for that)
-Ben Gordon agrees to a 5yr-deal worth $57mil to DET
-Hedo Turkoglu agrees to a 5-yr deal worth around $50mil to TOR
-ORL trades Rafer Alston, Courtney Lee, and Tony Battie to NJ for Vince Carter and Ryan Andersen

Discuss.

Last edited by ALTRNTV; 07-05-2009 at 12:12 AM..
ALTRNTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2009, 03:16 PM   #2
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkademikONE View Post

-CLE trades Sasha Pavlovic/Ben Wallace to PHX for O'neal
Discuss.
Not a bad trade since Wallace is going to retire and Pavlovic is solid at best. Gave up nothing for Oneal, which is a serviceable backup with any team and maybe starting center material for most teams.

What cleaveland needs is another star to take the load off LBJ. Mo williams is good and i thought he would be sort of a semi star, but he's pretty much turned into a spot up 3pt shooter with muscles. He doesn't create and averaged like 3 ast for cleaveland last year. wtf, 3ast for a PG is shit.

LBJ needs like another Alpha male from any other team who's not a true superstar/franchise player (basically anyone who is not a kobe, wade, cp3, duncan, Dirk, etc.) There are a lot out there, try to get Baron Davis, Carmelo, Bosh, Vince Carter, gay, even dwight howard could use his help creating a shot.

Cleaveland management should stop trying to go for solid/good role players and put them aside LBJ. Although all these acquisitoins are solid for a good team, LBJ still needs a Pippen type. If they don't get another 2nd tier great player, and keep getting has been stars like shaq and joe smith (even though he was never really a star and a bust for #1 pick), LBJ might build his own team with NYK. He'll sign himself and the Knicks would get anyone he demands (baring the guy wants to play with LBJ). LBJ + Bosh, LBJ + Amare, LBJ + Arenas even.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.

Last edited by FRpilot; 07-03-2009 at 03:57 PM..
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 03:33 PM   #3
FRpilot
Post Whore!

FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

-Ron Artest agrees 3yr-deal worth $18mil with LAL with option for 4th and 5th year
-Trevor Ariza agrees to 5yr-deal worth around $32mil to HOU (same amount LA was offering, he can thank
his agent for that)

Discuss.

As much as I hate the Lakers, looks like they have the West locked up for the next 5 years with the Artest signing (baring significant moves by other teams in the west). Unless he becomes a distraction, but Phil Jackson is smarter than that and will bench/suspend him if that happens. Artest will be solid, as long as he doesn't kick a camera man or spit on Jack Nicholson in LA. He will play, but sometimes i think he wants to shoot too much. he would have 3/15, 4/20, 5/25 fg shooting games and that's what would be detrimental unless LA keeps him in check.

Ariza to Houston is a waste. he wont do anything with houston. If anything he should go to a contender like boston, cleveland, magic.. possibly even hornets. with houston, all he is doing is signing with a shitty rebuilding lottery team. (unless yao somehow comes back and tmac is ok again). 9M/year for him is rediculous, i've never heard of that demand till the 08-09 thread on this forum. I thought he just wanted the MLE or slightly higher, which the la would probably offer even if cash strapped for the luxury tax. Now he's going to fade into nothing with a rebuilding team.

Quote:
Old 07-03-2009, 03:37 PM   #4
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Quote:
-Ben Gordon agrees to a 5yr-deal worth $57mil to DET

Discuss.
And what a dumb move by the Pistons. Wasn't that suppose to be LBJ's money? Ben Gordon and Charlie V will help them as much as the Iverson trade helped them. Optionzero is right, Ben Gordon should have took the same amount of money that the Bulls offered him last year. Stupid Gordon thinks he worth much more than he is. He was REAL lucky he got offered about the same this time around in this economy.

It's really funny when NBA "stars" bitch because they are worth more than they think they are. Look at that those bums in Utah. Korver, Okur, and mother fucking Boozer stayed (after boozer guaranteed he will opt out LOL). Those three can't make more money elsewhere. Where is Shawn Marion now after 1.5 seasons w/o Steve Nash.. Going to be lucky to get a MLE - 8M/yr compared to his 18M and nobody knows him anymore outside of true NBA enthusiasts.

No teams are really willing to break the bank in this economy. There are always stupid signings every summer though. Look at Corey Maggette at 5/50M when Turkoglu is probably going to get the same with Portland. I much rather have Turkoglu at that price. Fuck the Warriors Front Office. I guess it could be worse, our owner could be Donald Sterling or the Memphis owner.

Quote:
Old 07-03-2009, 03:41 PM   #5
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Quote:

-Hedo Turkoglu agrees to a 5-yr deal worth around $50mil to POR
-ORL trades Rafer Alston, Courtney Lee, and Tony Battie to NJ for Vince Carter and Ryan Andersen

Discuss.
Would be nice if Magic could have Kept both Turkoglu AND added VC. If only they gave Rashared Lewis 75M instead of 120M, that extra 50M difference could have went to Turkoglu. haha

Imagine Magic lineup with:
Jameer Nelson
Vince Carter
Hedo Turkoglu
Rashard Lewis
Dwight Howard!!!

Then sign some solid guys for your bench.
Bench:
Pietrus
Ryan Anderson (played decent in NJ last yr in stretches. going to be 2nd year so can possibly be a solid player)
Gortat Resigned(just give him the damn MLE since Dallas is)
Another solid backup PG for Nelson. like steal CJ Watson from GSW. haha

Will it win a championship? idk, but that team would be pretty damn great and a contender for sure.

Quote:
Old 07-03-2009, 04:05 PM   #6
FRpilot
Post Whore!

What's up with the Warriors? I will be deeply saddened if we dont get Amare. Even though there is no point, now that Lakers got Artest. At the same time, i think Biedrens, BW, bellinelli, and curry is too much to give up. But this franchise lacks a star, we haven't had an all star since sprewell!

i would much rather have monta in place of AB. Biedrens + Amare would be a great front court. One can score but can't defend and vice versa. But both can score/defend adequately enough to make a great front court.

Monta is great. His midrange is consistent now and he's a slasher, but he's undersized. Can't play defense and can't dribble. He'll get eaten up by the bigger 2 guards like Kobe, Vince, Wade. I don't see him being a franchise player, maybe a great 2nd/3rd option.

What is the hype with stephen curry. he's like the same as monta. small and can't defend. i'm sure he's not as quick either and he's a volume shooter. skinny as hell too. Monta + Curry backcourt will score alot but eaten up on the other side too. Will be the opposing teams nightmare on offense and their dream on defense.

Quote:
Old 07-03-2009, 04:16 PM   #7
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

ALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfectionALTRNTV is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRpilot View Post
What's up with the Warriors? I will be deeply saddened if we dont get Amare. Even though there is no point, now that Lakers got Artest. At the same time, i think Biedrens, BW, bellinelli, and curry is too much to give up. But this franchise lacks a star, we haven't had an all star since sprewell!

i would much rather have monta in place of AB. Biedrens + Amare would be a great front court. One can score but can't defend and vice versa. But both can score/defend adequately enough to make a great front court.

Monta is great. His midrange is consistent now and he's a slasher, but he's undersized. Can't play defense and can't dribble. He'll get eaten up by the bigger 2 guards like Kobe, Vince, Wade. I don't see him being a franchise player, maybe a great 2nd/3rd option.

What is the hype with stephen curry. he's like the same as monta. small and can't defend. i'm sure he's not as quick either and he's a volume shooter. skinny as hell too. Monta + Curry backcourt will score alot but eaten up on the other side too. Will be the opposing teams nightmare on offense and their dream on defense.
Stephen Curry is just another Ellis. As said in the other thread, I don't know why they drafted him when they already
have Ellis. GSW management is... I dunno.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:35 PM   #8
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Stephen Curry is just another Ellis. As said in the other thread, I don't know why they drafted him when they already
have Ellis. GSW management is... I dunno.
because he was the BAP. i'm glad they took him, but at the same time, i don't think he'll turn out that great. LOL at Minnesota for taking rubio and flynn.

flynn is 5'11 and can dunk. at best he'll be the next nate robinson. glad we didn't choose him.

and rubio should have went 2nd, but slipped to 5. i don't care though. he's all hype, like brandon jennings said. he has the frame of a 12 year old girl. he'll get abused!! i think he'll be a nash at best, and that will take many years for him to develop into that.

curry was suppose to be maybe 4-6 (after griffin, rubio, thabeet and then 4-6 would have been harden, evans, curry) so i'm glad he slipped. way better than warriors taking jordan hill, who will just be another chris wilcox. they even have similar hair and body types!

but denver got a steal! Ty Lawson at 18!! Jrue Holiday slipped a bit too, but he's kind of small and not quick/athletic enough. those two guys were supposedly lotto picks.

Quote:
Old 07-03-2009, 04:37 PM   #9
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Rubio is staying in Spain for another two years, so we won't be seeing him anytime soon.

Since LA has Artest now, with his hardnosed defense and tenacity, we also get the enforcer
LA has needed. He'll be what Rick Fox was to LA during the 3-peat years. I want to see some
hard fouls, some ejections, and some technicals from Artest.

As for Ariza, I wish him all the best in Houston. He was a fan-favorite but his agent really fucked
things up for him. His agent said that Ariza felt disrespected by the Lakers front office because of
all he did for them. Wrong. It's the other way around. His other teams didn't give him the light of
day, until LA traded for him. LA made him into what he is today. Sad to see him go, but the NBA
is a business, first and foremost, and we got Artest for a bargain.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:50 PM   #10
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Rubio is staying in Spain for another two years, so we won't be seeing him anytime soon.

Since LA has Artest now, with his hardnosed defense and tenacity, we also get the enforcer
LA has needed. He'll be what Rick Fox was to LA during the 3-peat years. I want to see some
hard fouls, some ejections, and some technicals from Artest.

As for Ariza, I wish him all the best in Houston. He was a fan-favorite but his agent really fucked
things up for him. His agent said that Ariza felt disrespected by the Lakers front office because of
all he did for them. Wrong. It's the other way around. His other teams didn't give him the light of
day, until LA traded for him. LA made him into what he is today. Sad to see him go, but the NBA
is a business, first and foremost, and we got Artest for a bargain.
Does this mean that Rubio will be back with the T-Wolves or possibly traded before he comes back?

As for Ariza, it really sucks to see him go the Rockets. I actually wouldn't mind him going to Cleveland.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:52 PM   #11
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post
Does this mean that Rubio will be back with the T-Wolves or possibly traded before he comes back?

As for Ariza, it really sucks to see him go the Rockets. I actually wouldn't mind him going to Cleveland.
As for Rubio, I am not too sure about what will happen when he comes back.

In my opinion, Ariza going to Houston would give him more playing time and "star-power".
Old 07-03-2009, 05:09 PM   #12
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Quote:
In my opinion, Ariza going to Houston would give him more playing time and "star-power".
haha. ariza will never be a star. he'll be a solid defensive guy who can score some points. think bruce bowen in his prime, except with a little more offense and a little less defense.

rubio will play in spain and wait till he gets traded. if he comes back, minesota still owns his rights. unless he doesn't play professionally in spain for like 2 years. same thing with Yi a while ago when he wouldn't come to play for the bucks. he was thinking he'll stay in china and play there, but if he plays for a pro team in another country, the rights still belong to the team that drafted him.

Quote:
Old 07-03-2009, 05:19 PM   #13
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Quote:
haha. ariza will never be a star.
Yeah, I didn't say he was going to, hence the quotation marks. What I meant was that he'll have that green-light, since
there's speculation that McGrady will not be returning to Houston.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:00 PM   #14
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I dropped by to do a friend of mines' yard the other day and we discussed basketball, as we often do...
We share similar opinions often and he said something that made MAJOR sense to me.
Kobe did NOT opt out of his last 2 years on his current contract, and is said to be prepared to sign for 3 more years after that. What my buddy said basically is that Kobe will likely call it a career at the end of that 5 years. He will be capping a surefire first ballot hall of fame career (even if he retires tomorrow) and will be 18 years in the league and just about to turn 36 at the time.
Kobe is a narcissist and will not let himself go out like some others, braces on both knees and lumbering about like an old man getting crossed over by EVERY new young stud willing to try him.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:41 PM   #15
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Kobe will retire a winner, bet on it. His non-opt-out actually saved the Lakers money, because if he did opt-out, he would have gotten more money
out of them, since they were going to restructure his contract.

I guess the Hedo-POR deal didn't fall through, as sources are now saying Toronto is his destination, for about the same price.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:38 PM   #16
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Yeah, I didn't say he was going to, hence the quotation marks. What I meant was that he'll have that green-light, since
there's speculation that McGrady will not be returning to Houston.
yea i know, i saw the quotation marks. that's why i gave examples of other players who think they are better than they really are demanding trades and money and what not because they think they're king shit. even if he has the green light, what will he do with defenses zoned in on him? JR Smith has the green light to hoist up 3s and score, but he's just a role player coming in and out of the starting lineup. i just think its silly that he thinks of himself as "star quality" and a lot of lakers fan bandwagoners thinks he's the 2nd coming of brandon roy or some shit. (i've seen a lot of posters in various basketball forums think ariza will be an all star and claim lakers in 2010, 2011, 2012, etc like theres no competition for them in the NBA... well, before artest signed up for three years i laughed at that, but now i really think the lakers will take it for a few years)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP View Post
I
Kobe is a narcissist and will not let himself go out like some others, braces on both knees and lumbering about like an old man getting crossed over by EVERY new young stud willing to try him.
I used to like Kobe in his early days. when he was a rookie up until about the 2000s era. sometime after that, he got way too arrogant and raped a bitch LOL. (although everyone knows she porked willingly) i was still ok with him until he ran shaq out, but shaq is a clown too. then he tried to do it all w/o shaq and put up great numbers while losing. what really made me lose respect for him was when he started becoming a dirty player and punching white scrubs left and right and quitting on his team against phoenix a few years ago in the playoffs, so he can show people that the Lakers are nothing without him (which is true). sort of how i lost respect for KG since he started acting like an idiot in boston.

but i have to give respect where its due. he is a great player and probably 2nd best shooting guard of all time. he's been the best player in the world for the last few seasons. you're right, kobe probably has another 5 good years or so left since he is 31. 18 years is a long time in the league, especially since he started at 18. you can tell his conditioning is great (unlike tmac who also started at 18, but his body already started breaking when he was like 26, wtf is up with that guy anyways). that's almost as long as Kareem, who played what? 20 years as a big man. guards usually die around their earlys 30s, and for most guards who lose their athleticism and speed, its over. look at Iverson. very few players who have come out from high school has had the durability that Kobe has except probably KG, LBJ, and Dwight Howard. (Monta did, until his stupid moped incident)

Quote:

Last edited by FRpilot; 07-04-2009 at 12:13 AM..
Old 07-03-2009, 11:59 PM   #17
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Kobe will retire a winner, bet on it. His non-opt-out actually saved the Lakers money, because if he did opt-out, he would have gotten more money
out of them, since they were going to restructure his contract.

I guess the Hedo-POR deal didn't fall through, as sources are now saying Toronto is his destination, for about the same price.
i give credit to Kobe for not opting out and demanding an extension at a ridiculous price. Although Kobe's already making like, what $21M/year? what a great guy he is. I mean, he could have been greedy and done that. at the same time, its kind of like how Arenas said last year that he was not going to take the max extension of $124M to help the Wizards, he'll only take $111M. LOL.

Hedo to Toronto does what? doesn't turn them into a top 4 team in the east, but probably probably pretty close to the pre-shaq Phoenix Suns if they want to run.

Calderon
Turkoglu
Bargnani
Marion (if resigned)
Bosh

i think Anthony Parker is going to go back to France or something and they'll have no Bench. Turkoglu will probably help the Blazers more than Toronto, but since Toronto is in the east, probably be a 4-6 seed with (with atlanta and miami in similar seeding) and after Cleveland, Boston, Magic.

I don't see why Miami isn't getting Dwayne Wade help. He needs it. He needs a front court bitch who can catch passes and dunk and has a low post game. Beasley is too small and should be playing SF and Jermaine O'Neil is on his last legs already (another example of 18 yr old draftee dying so young in his career)

Quote:
Old 07-04-2009, 12:34 AM   #18
blasting_speed
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
blasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to blasting_speed
I'm glad to see Artest playing for L.A. Even though i don't think he's the kind of player that will adapt quickly to the Lakers offensive game.

Either way i'm glad to see him join the squad. As for Ariza...... oh well. I wish him luck in Houston.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:58 AM   #19
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Quote:
I don't see why Miami isn't getting Dwayne Wade help. He needs it. He needs a front court bitch who can catch passes and dunk and has a low post game. Beasley is too small and should be playing SF and Jermaine O'Neil is on his last legs already (another example of 18 yr old draftee dying so young in his career)
I think, like most teams, they are waiting for the 2010 Free Agent class to make moves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasting_speed View Post
I'm glad to see Artest playing for L.A. Even though i don't think he's the kind of player that will adapt quickly to the Lakers offensive game.

Either way i'm glad to see him join the squad. As for Ariza...... oh well. I wish him luck in Houston.
He isn't there for his offense...

In all seriousness, he has experience with the triangle in Chicago (Bill Carthwright) and in Sacramento (Reggie Theus).
Old 07-04-2009, 04:05 AM   #20
FRpilot
Post Whore!

yep. lakers have enough offense. Kobe alone is offense, but with gasol, bynum, odom (possibly), and bench it is pretty effective. what they lack is toughness. all NBA champions need toughness, but when the lakers act tough, it's just funny (think vujachich sp*). sort of like KG acting tough against smaller players. but last year, the lakers had to act tough. that's why fisher knocked luis scola and kobe punch artest in the throat and stepped on battier.

Artest is suppose to give them an enforcer and someone who is tough and crazy and will do the dirty work. Unless he wants to shoot, because he always had with the pacers, kings, houston and he's a low % volume shooter. Phil Jackson and Kobe got to keep his ass in check so that he doesn't take shots away from kobe and gasol + others and shoot them out of the game. he needs to play defense and gets moderate points like 12-16ppg.

he grew up on the streets and played rough basketball in the ghetto. you know KG's bitch ass isn't going to bark at artest, because he'll kick KGs ass.

he said so himself that he grew up in a rough neighborhood and gave an example of how they play basketball where he's from.

"I remember one time, it was um…one of my friends, you know, he was playing basketball, they was winning the game, they were so competitive, they threw a, um, they broke the … a piece of leg from a table and they threw it and it went right through his heart and he died."

LOL. true story too.

Quote:
Old 07-04-2009, 04:58 AM   #21
Phlip
Yes, I look like that

Trader Rating: (19)
Phlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfectionPhlip is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Artest is suppose to give them an enforcer and someone who is tough and crazy and will do the dirty work. Unless he wants to shoot, because he always had with the pacers, kings, houston and he's a low % volume shooter. Phil Jackson and Kobe got to keep his ass in check so that he doesn't take shots away from kobe and gasol + others and shoot them out of the game. he needs to play defense and gets moderate points like 12-16ppg.

he grew up on the streets and played rough basketball in the ghetto. you know KG's bitch ass isn't going to bark at artest, because he'll kick KGs ass.

he said so himself that he grew up in a rough neighborhood and gave an example of how they play basketball where he's from.

"I remember one time, it was um…one of my friends, you know, he was playing basketball, they was winning the game, they were so competitive, they threw a, um, they broke the … a piece of leg from a table and they threw it and it went right through his heart and he died."

LOL. true story too.
Artest gives Kobe his second MVP...
See, without him, KOBE defended the other team's best swingman, now he is back to playing that free saftey-style roaming defense now that Artest will handle that duty.
This give him fresh offensive legs, not to mention that Artest was (God knows how, though) like what, a 39% 3-point shooter? This is trading Ariza's 3-point shooting straight up and getting his defense plus some. One can only hope that Artest behaves.

How is it that Lamar Odom grew up in this same neighborhood -- at the exact same time, since their birthdays are only a week apart -- and doesn't have any such stories? THAT, sir, is where Artest is nuttier than squirrel shit, and I hope he leaves that wherever he was.

And I write too!
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 10:04 AM   #22
blasting_speed
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
blasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfectionblasting_speed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to blasting_speed
I wonder if Artest is going to have some crazy Laker design on his hair. lol

Oh wait............ ahahahahaha
Old 07-04-2009, 12:10 PM   #23
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasting_speed View Post
I wonder if Artest is going to have some crazy Laker design on his hair. lol

Oh wait............ ahahahahaha

My avatar is just a photoshop.

Old 07-04-2009, 02:05 PM   #24
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
Bryan Coangelo (sp) never figured out that neither Bosh nor Aldridge is a center.

Calderon's also vastly rated as a point guard;he's horrible at pushing the pace, which is what their team was built on.

They shoulda traded Bosh while they had the chance.
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 11:27 PM   #25
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLIP View Post
How is it that Lamar Odom grew up in this same neighborhood -- at the exact same time, since their birthdays are only a week apart -- and doesn't have any such stories? THAT, sir, is where Artest is nuttier than squirrel shit, and I hope he leaves that wherever he was.
because Odom is a punk ass soft bitch. i remember when he got drafted, everyone was saying he's a good kid and didn't even have his driver's license since when he lived in ny he didn't need it. he just took the subway.

i'm not saying you should draft thug ass players who don't take shit from no one, and of course you want a good kid who will work hard and do something, but there is a such thing as being too soft.. which was what the lakers when they lost to the celtics. artest would help in this category to change their reputation.

same thing as the spurs being known around the league as being "too nice" and quiet after they won their few championships after stephen jackson left. mainly because their POWER forward was too quiet and not outspoken enough, but you wouldn't want to fight that guy. it didn't matter though, spurs were way talented and it didn't help that bowen started getting under people's skin and known as a dirty player and ginoboli became the best flopper in the game.

Quote:
Old 07-04-2009, 11:33 PM   #26
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
Original post should be edited - Hedo's going to TOR for 5/$50somethingM.
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 11:39 PM   #27
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
Bryan Coangelo (sp) never figured out that neither Bosh nor Aldridge is a center.

Calderon's also vastly rated as a point guard;he's horrible at pushing the pace, which is what their team was built on.

They shoulda traded Bosh while they had the chance.
bosh is too skinny to be a center and aldridge is too short. same way with all these tweener KG types. not that they don't have talent. theres hardly any real center in the game anymore like dwight howard and the kids who come out have suck ass games or are too fat and turn out to be scrubs like stromile swift, tyson chandler, sean may, robert "tractor" traylor, bryant "big country" reeves, etc.

Greg Oden should be a defensive stud, but he has the body of a 40 yr old man and his body is already breaking down. Hasheem Tabeet is promising since he's a big body and 7'3'', but he might lack the skills for a while to be good unless he develops fast.

you're right about Calderon. he has pretty good handles and is a solid PG, BUT for a half court team. Raptors need to get a fastbreaking PG like Andre Miller, Baron Davis, Steve Nash, etc. but Calderon is sick in fantasy. a true stud PG who will give you 5/10 with near 50% fg, 98% ft, and a steal and possibly a three/game with low TO.

I've heard rumors that Warriors might be pursuing Bosh if Amare trade doesn't go down with same package w/o stephen curry, but highly unlikely since Bosh is not willing to extend, where as Amare is more likely to take our cash.

I can't believe we offered Biedrens and AR for Bosh last year and Raptors declined. we dodged a huge bullet there. Hopefully AR has potential to be good. I like that one game when they played Houston and a 50 yr old Mutombo blocked his shots like 3 times, but he wouldn't back down and kept trying to dunk it on him. at some point he will need to learn how to play smarter, but for now i like his willingness to try hard.

Quote:
Old 07-04-2009, 11:40 PM   #28
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Quote:
i should edit my analysis too. haha

Quote:
Old 07-05-2009, 12:20 AM   #29
ALTRNTV
Post Whore!

I don't think Odom lets anyone get to him, that's why he isn't looked upon as tough.
I'm betting that no one would really want to mess with him though, especially KG:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri1eeXJUjIQ
LMAO. Looks like the soft pussy bitch was Garnett.

Quote:
Fixed.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:12 AM   #30
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Quote:
I don't think Odom lets anyone get to him, that's why he isn't looked upon as tough.
I'm betting that no one would really want to mess with him though, especially KG:

LMAO. Looks like the soft pussy bitch was Garnett.

Fixed.
Odom doesn't need to be tough. He smiles a lot already to ever change the image that he's tough. He needs to bring it consistently. Maybe he feels that he doesn't need to do so much since Kobe will save him, but that shouldn't be the case. I think it got worse after Gasol came and he could "blend in" with 2 talented players. But put him 4th behind kobe, gasol, and bynum and he gets frustrated. he adapted and sacrificed well for the team, However, he is too talented to not bring his A game every time out on the court and the Lakers need that.

btw, we all know KG is a punk ass bitch who puts up a front. no way he would start shit with odom since he's 7'0'' and about same size as him.

there are videos of him barking at calderon, acting like an idiot by getting on all fours like a dog at jerryd bayless, dirty foul on marco bellinelli, etc.. all smaller guards and mainly europeon.

but there was also videos of him putting a dirty hit a young duncan who was just trying to break things up when him and david robinson got into it. also threw a ball at antonio mcdyess and when mcdyess and ben wallace in detroit chased him down he ran.. haha.. and also him getting punched by anthony peeler. also vid of him noticebly irritated by amare stoudamire, but wouldn't bark at him.

KG is like carmelo anthony. all bark, no bite. might throw a dirty punch at you when you're not looking and then backpedal or run away.

Quote: