Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-09-2016, 10:37 AM   #1
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
tunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
CD7 and CD7-L digital LCD dash display

**update 2020/may, playing with a few different layouts for a customers R34 GT-R running AEM Infinity plug n play harness, ECU and CD7 dash.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DOrwF-OQ1E

The CD7 AEM digital dash display is finally available, full details here: https://brewedmotorsports.com/produc...-dash-display/

So im sure there are a lot of you just like myself that have patiently waiting for AEM to release some type of affordable dash display that works with the AEM CANbus found on the new Infinity. Well just about a month ago we got the CANbus gauge, nothing to fancy but works GREAT for the price! (VERY similar user interface to the old serial gauges).

While the new CANbus gauges are a great option I was really looking for a nice complete dashboard option. Well they finally released the CD7 series dash kits with a solution for just about every application. With the basic dash kit starting at under 1300 bucks and options for OBDII support, vehicle dynamics module and much more all at an affordable price point I couldn?t be more ready to get my new dash for my Infinity powered cars (s13, vr4, roadster). Hell I will even just be starting with 1 dash I move between the cars depending on which one I?m driving. Thanks to the CANbus this is actually very easy to simply un plug from 1 car and move to another without having to do any extra wiring.
I personally have my eyes on the https://brewedmotorsports.com/produc...-dash-display/ to match up with the Infinity

Copy/paste of the CD7 and CD7-L product description:

?The CD7 Digital Dash has been encased in a water resistant aluminum enclosure. The LCD display is fully readable even in direct sunlight. This means that no matter where you race, you?ll know your digital dash won?t get damaged and you will always be able to clearly view the display without fighting glare. Both versions of the dash have 6 user configurable pages and the layouts on every page are 100% customizable to your needs. To make customization simple AEM has developed an easy to use Dash Design software to make adding graphic or custom text very straightforward. Another key feature are the fully configurable warnings, to ensure you catch any problem/failure before catastrophic damage to engine components occurs. Besides the LCD the CD7 uses programmable LED shift and warning lights with adjustable brightness for day and night time driving. The dash kits also have 2x user definable CANbus inputs so you can feed data to the dash from any third party logger system as well as your engine management system. To expand even further by adding the AEM Vehicle Dynamics Module (PN 30-2203) to the digital dash you get the ability to add GPS Speed, accelerometer, gyrometer, and track mapping for live lap and sector time updates. The CD7 dash kits are truly the ultimate display and logging tool to making sure you're pushing it as hard as possible around the track! Internal data logging support with all CD7-L dash kits, the CD7-L features a built in data logger. With the CD7-L you get the added ability to data log all channels being sent to the dash at a rate of 100hz with a 200mb internal storage. That means you'll be able to data log over 100 channels without any degradation to the data.?

Last edited by tunermt; 05-20-2020 at 10:32 PM..
tunermt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2016, 10:46 AM   #2
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
And this is better than the IQ3 how exactly?
Old 11-09-2016, 12:21 PM   #3
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
It's uglier that's for sure
Old 11-10-2016, 08:29 AM   #4
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

tunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to beholdtunermt is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzbrady View Post
And this is better than the IQ3 how exactly?
Also a great dash option and honestly the one i was looking at before the AEM came out. Up side to AEM CD7 color LCD is much more "configurable".
You also need to the race pack CANbus adapter and the IQ3 so the price comes out basically the same.

I also agree the display picture of the dash/color scheme is not my first choice haha but again that is where the complete control over the dash configuration is great.

I still want to see/use set up one in person though, of course that would be hands down the best way to know if i wanted to buy one.
Old 11-23-2016, 02:45 PM   #5
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

Should have the CD7 in the S13 by the end of the year. looking forward to setting up my own gauge layouts!

Last edited by tunermt; 11-23-2016 at 03:30 PM..
Old 11-23-2016, 03:00 PM   #6
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

Ahhh WTF sorry those pictures are way to big, let me try to find some resized ones! **done

Last edited by tunermt; 11-23-2016 at 03:30 PM..
Old 11-11-2018, 07:37 PM   #7
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

Added a CD5 to the Sr20det powered E30, loving the dash so far will post some updates of the different custom display screens we have been working on the last couple months.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66Nm_UMhljI

Last edited by tunermt; 05-20-2020 at 10:25 PM..
Old 11-11-2018, 08:33 PM   #8
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Load your video differently, there’s a thread on here that shows how to.
Old 11-12-2018, 06:35 AM   #9
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Juucso is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT-PWR View Post
It's uglier that's for sure
IQ3 has better shape in my opinion, but the screen itself is just purely ugly.
It's allover the place and no good customization for it either.

I'll use this on my S13 too. Trying to pair it to a MaxxEcu standalone when I'm getting them.
Old 11-12-2018, 10:06 PM   #10
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

I prefer the color LCD screens, i've worked with a wide range of dashes from the older LED/LCD to the new TFT screens. The color screens can be set up MUCH better for the driver and engine requirements where as the older stuff like IQ3 there is not nearly as much flexibility.

Hands down favorite dash is the Motec C125 https://brewedmotors.com/motec-tunin...d-dash-display
At nearly double the AEM dash though you pay for the extra features/performance.
Old 05-20-2020, 10:21 PM   #11
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DOrwF-OQ1E
Old 10-13-2020, 06:58 PM   #12
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

Playing with some launches in the SR20 power E30 coupe running a CD5 dash and custom Brewed dash layout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23cbytUW54g
Old 05-05-2022, 08:14 PM   #13
tunermt
Zilvia Junkie

Just a quick clip with of the car drifting with a good view of the dash towards the end of this video.
Still love the AEM dash and after working with a number of Haltech IC7 dashes i'm VERY happy i went with the AEM dash. While the Haltech IC7 does work great you are VERY limited to the dash design/gauge layout. (Can not create custom layouts with the Haltech IC7).
With the AEM CD5 and AEM CD7 dashes you have full control of the entire layout so you can create completely unique dash layouts to suit your exact engine build perfectly!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYf50v9qnfk