Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 08-22-2016, 10:19 PM   #391
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
Nissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaMaR- View Post
I was just wondering what this book was? Is it showing you all the wiring for the car or is it just a random book lol
Factory Service Manual for an S14, plus the engine wiring info, downloaded off the world wide web
Old 08-22-2016, 10:40 PM   #392
LaMaR-
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
LaMaR- is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissansota240 View Post
URL=http://s1208.photobucket.com/user/Nissansota/media/1JZ%20FC3S/20160514_171500_zps0nyppqe5.jpg.html][/URL]
Hey bro do you have any more info on these spacers for the FC frame?? How thick are they and is this setup something you can duplicate and ship to FL for me??

My FC is 5.0 swapped and doesn't clear the hood so this may be the perfect solution...
LaMaR- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 07:25 AM   #393
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Nissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really niceNissansota240 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaMaR- View Post
Hey bro do you have any more info on these spacers for the FC frame?? How thick are they and is this setup something you can duplicate and ship to FL for me??

My FC is 5.0 swapped and doesn't clear the hood so this may be the perfect solution...
These are from Xcessive Manufacturing - and are 1" thick.

See link below
http://xcessivemanufacturing.com/ind...-m-fc-ffs.html
Old 08-23-2016, 04:55 PM   #394
LaMaR-
Leaky Injector

LaMaR- is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank you for the help. I am gonna give them a shot and hopefully they don't mess up the tie rod end angle too much and won't cause any bump steer. Please keep us updated on that FC build as well, its gonna turn out great.
LaMaR- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 07:45 AM   #395
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Here are some updates, finished the 1jz FC about a month ago. Looks pretty sleeper, pulls fast. Owner just needs to get to investing in suspension.

Also, at the last event, put a slight dent in the door and b-pillar, currently have a new door on the way, so hopefully all will be back to normal, doubt I'll get it painted for a while though.

Old 09-23-2016, 09:31 PM   #396
blasian
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
blasian is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Thats a big dent
blasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 09:19 AM   #397
Ratpack_Chad
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Ratpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the roughRatpack_Chad is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Looks like it just got the door, hopefully there's no rocker or dogleg damage. Love the car dude.
Ratpack_Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 12:23 PM   #398
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Yeah, for the most part, I have a replacement door at a friends place already, so just a matter of me getting it back to my shop and my good friend that does any of the major body on our cars, once we have time, should get it looking proper again. More then likely wont be painted till this winter though, since I want to repaint the entire car again.
Old 10-06-2016, 12:41 PM   #399
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Back in business with a functional door and window. So much work to do this winter though.

Old 10-06-2016, 02:22 PM   #400
SlideWell
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
SlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfectionSlideWell is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Interesting build(s). So much going on here. I like how you've just continually changed up things on the S14. Wish I would have kept mine, instead of selling it 18 months later. Keep it up.
SlideWell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 08:29 AM   #401
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Hoping to continue this build for another winter here. Got some pretty good ideas that I'm hoping to put to work for next year.

Current situation: Sold a bunch of stuff, hopefully will be buying a bunch of new stuff.

And here is a gif from the last event of the year.

From this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_NrWzS0KAg
Old 04-06-2017, 12:39 PM   #402
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Been awhile since I've posted in here, so here is a 2017 teaser.

Old 05-02-2017, 12:19 PM   #403
Hazard240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Hazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I love this car. Would you ever give out the paint code?? It looks amazing.
Hazard240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 02:40 PM   #404
xataustin

xataustin is an unknown quantity at this point
Just read through this entire thread, super rad!! Thank you for giving me something productive to do at work

It was ages ago now, but when you re-sleeved your SR harness with Waytek Braid, what sizes did you order? Split or did you de-pin the clips to slide the sleeve over??

Also, what kit is this? I know it's a GP sports rep, but which one??

xataustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 07:36 AM   #405
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard240 View Post
I love this car. Would you ever give out the paint code?? It looks amazing.
Thanks dude, and more then likely not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xataustin View Post
Just read through this entire thread, super rad!! Thank you for giving me something productive to do at work

It was ages ago now, but when you re-sleeved your SR harness with Waytek Braid, what sizes did you order? Split or did you de-pin the clips to slide the sleeve over??

Also, what kit is this? I know it's a GP sports rep, but which one??

I used the split loom, it allows you to sleeve everything without removing connectors. Sizes varied from 1/4" up to 1"

I think the kit might be VIS Racing, I'm not sure, I didn't purchase the kit.
Old 05-03-2017, 07:57 AM   #406
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Been trying to redo and change up things from last years setup. There was too much rush to get the car done last year so I didn't get to do some things the way I truely wanted to. So making the changes now. Also last year due to time constraints I had to install the motor in stock, will be upgrading quite a bit of it for this season.

First off, re did the power steering cooler lines, they are now 3/8" aluminum tubing, I couldn't find the exact mounting bracket I wanted for them, so I designed these on paper, had my friend Chris draft them up, and his friend 3D printed them out in ABS plastic. With a little fine tuning they worked perfect.

Also, really enjoy using this aluminum tubing, hope I can find more uses for it on other projects. Rivnuts where nice to use for mounting things in the engine bay as well.

Finished up the final location of the oil filter/thermostat and finished making all the -10 AN lines for it as well. Majority of the Fuel lines/regulator have been made and routed as well.

Apologies for the blurry photos, I really need to get either a newer phone or a camera out at the shop to use.
Old 05-04-2017, 07:37 AM   #407
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
ka-titties is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
those aluminum lines look great. how are they interfacing at the rack? are you using an Earl's o-ring fitting or a barb to rubber hose?

edit: i just saw the on pic showing the rubber hose.
Papadakis racing offers a service to machine the 240 rack to accept a standard o-ring fitting instead of the poop shit that's there now.
ka-titties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 08:26 AM   #408
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka-titties View Post
those aluminum lines look great. how are they interfacing at the rack? are you using an Earl's o-ring fitting or a barb to rubber hose?

edit: i just saw the on pic showing the rubber hose.
Papadakis racing offers a service to machine the 240 rack to accept a standard o-ring fitting instead of the poop shit that's there now.

Yeah, just adapting it to a 3/8" hose barb, my PS cooler is already hose barb, and I'm switching back to a oem PS reservoir for this season as well. Also the factory feed to the JZ power steering pump is still a hose as well, so untill I decide to switch all to an, I figured it was fine to do hose barb again.

Hardlines turned out awesome though, second time around, threw out the first set I made, I just wanted to clean up the front end as much as I could.
Old 05-04-2017, 01:00 PM   #409
ka-titties
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
ka-titties is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Yeah, just adapting it to a 3/8" hose barb, my PS cooler is already hose barb, and I'm switching back to a oem PS reservoir for this season as well. Also the factory feed to the JZ power steering pump is still a hose as well, so untill I decide to switch all to an, I figured it was fine to do hose barb again.

Hardlines turned out awesome though, second time around, threw out the first set I made, I just wanted to clean up the front end as much as I could.
I feel you. I'm currently sorting the front end of my S14 also. After pricing out a full AN setup for P/S alone, I just couldn't justify it. I'll be sticking with rubber hose for the time being.
ka-titties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 02:18 PM   #410
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trying to get as much mocked up prior to pulling the engine back out and finalizing everything.

Old 05-08-2017, 05:07 PM   #411
speedfiend
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (68)
speedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 68 reviews
Send a message via AIM to speedfiend
Build looks awesome man! Have been wondering what exactly is the square box that is plumbed in between the oil filter housing and the cooler?

Cameron
speedfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 09:46 PM   #412
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfiend View Post
Build looks awesome man! Have been wondering what exactly is the square box that is plumbed in between the oil filter housing and the cooler?

Cameron
Thanks dude,

That box is an older version of an Earls Oil Thermostat. Works the same as a coolant one, allows my oil to stay in the best temp range.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Old 05-11-2017, 08:58 PM   #413
izzy-
Zilvia Member

izzy- is an unknown quantity at this point
peep the Panda garage seat
izzy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 12:41 PM   #414
speedfiend
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (68)
speedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to allspeedfiend is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 68 reviews
Send a message via AIM to speedfiend
Quote:
Thanks dude,

That box is an older version of an Earls Oil Thermostat. Works the same as a coolant one, allows my oil to stay in the best temp range.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
Ahhhhhh I had a feeling thats what it was but just wanted to see. Good luck getting this thing back on the road.
Cameron
speedfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 07:52 AM   #415
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Late last week I was updated by a friend that he just finished fabbing up the twin scroll bottom mount manifold for the new setup. Running a BorgWarner s200sx-e .83ar exhaust.

This manifold is amazing!

Also have been working at learning to tig weld myself (mostly on parts that don't rely on welds being perfect) Modified a stock PS Reservoir bracket to re mount the factory tank in front of the brake booster.

Old 05-22-2017, 07:14 AM   #416
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Made a lot of progress this weekend.... now on to downpipe and waste gates tonight.

Have to pull the motor one more time to finish painting the bay, and hopefully it should be seeing final assembly by this weekend, and then just to finish the wiring.

Old 05-22-2017, 03:05 PM   #417
tougefactory
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (27)
tougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to alltougefactory is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
So good, can't wait to see you rip at USAIR this year!

For all the latest TF★ news visit our blog!!

tougefactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 11:46 AM   #418
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Dang, I LOVE that manifold! Super pumped that there's more vvti swaps happening since it gives more options for use...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 03:09 PM   #419
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tougefactory View Post
So good, can't wait to see you rip at USAIR this year!
Looking forward to finally getting over there at some point this summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
Dang, I LOVE that manifold! Super pumped that there's more vvti swaps happening since it gives more options for use..
Yeah, the twin scroll bottom mount setup makes it pretty unique in the 1j vvti world.

Also,

If you like hearing JZ noises, the car made some yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEZJkZPMrrc
Old 06-05-2017, 07:30 AM   #420
Nissansota240
Zilvia FREAK!

Some final photos of the engine bay, really happy with the way it turned out.