Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 07-21-2017, 04:54 PM   #361
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
You're as hardcore as some of the owners I had spoken to while at the Nismo factory HAHA! I love it!

I don't know if you had mentioned it previously, but what turbo's are you planning to swap in?
Believe me if I lived over there I would have omori do work to it lol.
I have hybrid turbos built by GCG. They are garrett gt2860r -7 turbos with compressor housings machined to fit the bigger -5 wheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb13 View Post
Unmatched attention to detail, absolutely incredible. Looking forward to seeing those LMGT's mounted up
Not sure if I'll fit them yet, I don't feel like going through all the BS to make them fit right now.
Old 07-21-2017, 08:57 PM   #362
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I'm just hoping that some day Nissan remanufactures all the weather moldings and trims for the s13's...
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 01:16 PM   #363
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
Endless BMC stopper

New OEM rear hubs, wheel bearings, and pretty much every little nut, bolt, washer for rear suspension area. New OEM rear stabilizer links and brackets etc. I wanted to get a few more things, but they are discontinued so I'll likely just freshen them up with fresh coats of paint etc.

Nismo GT L.S.D pro 1.5 adjustable rear diff and some Nismo air stem caps lol.

Old 08-10-2017, 01:51 PM   #364
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
JIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old 11-19-2017, 06:16 AM   #365
squirmos87
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
squirmos87 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
idk where ive been but I JUST saw this thread. This thing is epic. Cant wait to see what comes up next.
squirmos87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 11:00 AM   #366
Sailor
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
Sailor is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Not that you need any more glorification on your builds, but truly an astounding job well done on both your GTR and S13. I like many aspects of where your build is going, the exhaust and original Nismo old school style, really shows the charter of the build and builde
Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 10:03 AM   #367
idlebad
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
idlebad is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
This a great build, any updates???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
idlebad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 05:28 PM   #368
I<3Zenkis

I<3Zenkis is an unknown quantity at this point
I just read this and all I can say is WOW!!! You truly are Boss Hogg! Patiently waiting for updates.
I<3Zenkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 12:45 PM   #369
UJCD

UJCD is an unknown quantity at this point
Truly amazing. Can't say other words.
UJCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 09:43 PM   #370
lilpiton
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
lilpiton is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Motivation kicked in... haha killer builds killer parts.
lilpiton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 10:36 PM   #371
di-devol
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
di-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enoughdi-devol will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I missed this whole thread somehow, but reading all at once was very satisfying.

The fuck.
Old 03-09-2018, 10:51 AM   #372
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Ok got a few updates. Been busy with work etc, was out of country for a few months.

Reinik cam cover baffles

Nismo carbon mirror cover

Nismo floor bar

Omori Factory shift and ebrake boots

Subframe dropped for restore/updates

Diff disassembled

Parts cleaned and powdercoated

Nismo bushings and hicas ball joints pressed in

Nismo GT pro LSD put in. I need to get different shims, the backlash was at .002 mm. It calls for .005 - .007

Subframe reassembly with nismo arms and new OEM hardware. The 5 lug hubs I ordered were the wrong ones. I ordered NA hubs when I need turbo model hubs. The NA hubs are slightly smaller and wont fit into the new wheel bearings. Working on getting that straightened out. So the old bearings/hubs are in for now.

Thats it for now, still more to do before getting the car back together.
Old 03-09-2018, 02:03 PM   #373
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
All of the NISMO arms and bushings are so cool. Nice work!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 06:43 PM   #374
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Thanks, it's slowly coming together
Old 03-16-2018, 12:35 PM   #375
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Ok have some more updates.

Used a new shim and the diff landed at .005 inch Thats the bare minimum but it will work.

Then it was time to rebuild the rear axles with new boots and grease. Very messy job, so not many pics lol. OEM boot kits are great

slopped in some new grease

assemble

Assembled the 1000 piece sway bar endlinks lol

All back together. Bled the Attesa etc.

back on the gound! Always a good feeling haha

Its not completely done, still waiting on a few odds and ends. Lost some nuts, forgot some nuts haha. All on order. Little things tend to happen along the way.

Got a new battery. Kind of hard shape and size to find over here in the USA. We have much bigger posts than the little japanese ones. But I managed to find a battery shop that carried something that will maintain OEM appearance with no work needed. Even though its a Chinese battery. But it seems more than adequate. I bought a nice new battery charger/tender also, so it should be ok.

Very close to OEM size

Also picked up a new washer bottle. Which happens to be a nismo heritage part. They only make the N1 bottle so it only has the front spray motor. But I dont use my wipers or washer fluid. So it didn't bother me much, I just wanted some new plastic. I already have the overflow reservoir and the old washer bottle was throwing off the look lol.

Should have a few more random updates next week hopefully. Waiting on parts.
Old 03-19-2018, 09:35 AM   #376
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
I don't know why I've never thought of looking into new OEM CV boots for my S13. Looks like they're still available too! Not sure I have the confidence to execute that though... but definitely going to look into doing that as I blow through old axles all of the time due to tearing the boots.

Looks amazing as always- nice progress sir!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 03-19-2018, 10:41 AM   #377
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Hmm, does Nissan still have oem S13/14 full axle assemblies available? The auto-parts store axles are definitely made out of weaker materials.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:26 AM   #378
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
I don't know why I've never thought of looking into new OEM CV boots for my S13. Looks like they're still available too! Not sure I have the confidence to execute that though... but definitely going to look into doing that as I blow through old axles all of the time due to tearing the boots.

Looks amazing as always- nice progress sir!
Thanks, its really not that bad of a job. Just very tedious and messy. I would recommend having a parts washer or just some time/place set aside to rinse stuff off if you want it super clean. What we ended up doing is just wiping the stuff down as much as we could to get the old grease out. Tore boots is a very common GTR thing lol. Probably the first thing I would recommend for anyone who buys one if they haven't been changed already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Hmm, does Nissan still have oem S13/14 full axle assemblies available? The auto-parts store axles are definitely made out of weaker materials.
Im not sure on the full axle assemblies. But if they do, I'm sure they are pretty expensive. But then again, I looked at GTR axles which are much beefier than S-chassis. I can try and find out.
Old 03-21-2018, 10:01 AM   #379
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Few more things while waiting for the other stuff to ship in.

Got to move the car to pull it on the lift. All I have to say is, the nismo LSD is very talkative. It pops, bangs, chirps etc. Probably will break it in and move onto some Motul fluid as I've been recommended. Need something with some friction modifier to quiet it down. But the diff definitely "works" lol. Like someone is trying to escape out of the trunk using a hammer.

While up on the lift, the steering rack bushings and front sway bar endlinks were changed out.

Nismo bushings on left, OEM on the right. They really weren't in bad shape at all, neither was most of the bushings etc I've replaced. Previous owner took care of this car pretty well or its just because he only put 49k miles on it in 25 years. The nismo bushings are definitely a lot stiffer though.

While on the lift gave me time to snap a few pics of the rear.

Then it was time to install the Nismo trunk floor support bar. Kind of a qwerky piece but interesting. Not sure on how much it really stiffens things up, but the R32 is a car that needs all the bracing it can get. I believe the R34 had these designed into them from the factory. I believe the late model r33 had some kind rear bracing and also the S15 silvia got an OEM rear trunk bar. So apparently they do a little something for stiffness. But anyways, here it is

Kind of a cool little piece, Im happy with it after install. Had to trim the rear paneling and make holes for the bolts in the carpet to keep a clean install. Didn't turn out to bad
Old 03-21-2018, 12:36 PM   #380
onehundredoctane
Post Whore!

onehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfectiononehundredoctane is close to perfection
Great build, love it.

Just out of curiosity. . . what do you do for a living?
onehundredoctane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 01:43 PM   #381
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossHogg View Post
Im not sure on the full axle assemblies. But if they do, I'm sure they are pretty expensive. But then again, I looked at GTR axles which are much beefier than S-chassis. I can try and find out.
It looks like they're discontinued stateside from what I can see. Might still be available from Japan but would need to do a stock check to know for sure. And yeah, I am guessing they would be so expensive that no one would buy them anyway based on the fact that an inner CV Joint alone is over $200 (those are still available new it looks like.)

NISMO brace is really cool. This car is very inspirational to me right now. Love the approach and choice in parts.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 03-21-2018, 06:46 PM   #382
flartius
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
flartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud offlartius has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Super cool build sir, kudos to you!
Old 03-22-2018, 04:16 PM   #383
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Thanks guys. Yea i kind of took a different approach to this build as I did with the 240(also not a kid anymore lol). A 240 requires quite a bit to be somewhat fun, you are going into it already planning to swap or turbo the KA and getting adjustable arms etc. A stock silvia would be a different story. Where a GTR is already fun and is more of a historical/collector type car. I don't want to really take away to much from the car itself. Which is why I haven't gone to extreme on parts as some other GTR owners. Just a touch better than OEM. Probably why I'm a nismo fanboy. Just kind of keeping it clean yet effective. Making my own "Nismo 32" so to speak.
Old 04-30-2018, 05:12 PM   #384
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

finally received my last little tidbits of parts to go ahead and finish up.*

Got the right hubs for the new wheel bearings.

little hicas nuts

sway bar bolts

New OEM hood moldings also

I also intalled the Omori Factory shift boot and ebrake boot. Went ahead and put in the N1 radio delete pocket as well. Kind of sucks though because the previous owner installed tweeters by the side view mirrors and im pretty sure they have ruined the door panels underneath. So I left them on lol. At least that looks finished compared to random bad spot on the panel. They are kind of hidden from outside view anyways.

Got a new house. Nice having my ride in my own garage so I can do whatever. Most of the time, just staring at it lol.

Have my own little JDM parts dungeon, all s13 and r32 parts lol

Also, obviously got to test drive! Car feels very nice. Very smooth and planted. The nismo diff is pretty sweet. Instant hookup. Car stays much straighter when breaking traction or launching hard etc. I used to get a smidge of torque steer when I would shift and chirp second etc. Not now, it still chirps but it just keeps going straight lol. The noise is a little shocking at first, always sounds broken etc. But it still needs to be broke in a bit. I've only put maybe 50 miles on it. Also, clutching in on tight slow turns takes all the popping away lol. Very fun car to drive, feel very confident in it.

Last edited by BossHogg; 05-01-2018 at 12:04 AM..
BossHogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 10:52 PM   #385
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

So awesome. I'd love to get my hands on a 32 gtr differential with a good lsd and axles. Always been a great upgrade for S13s.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:07 AM   #386
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Congrats on the new home! Looks super nice. Car looks amazing as always too. I spy some Blitz 03 that look familiar to me in that parts dungeon! lol.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 05-10-2018, 03:26 PM   #387
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Congrats on the new home! Looks super nice. Car looks amazing as always too. I spy some Blitz 03 that look familiar to me in that parts dungeon! lol.
thanks! yep, those are them. Been sitting ever since lol. Never know when ill pick something up to put them on. Was thinking of getting an old g35 4 door and just putting them on that for a family cruiser.

Anyways, the ol' 240 got to see some daylight. Finally got in my garage. Now that I have to look at it everyday. I got that old familiar feeling back. I need to get this done, or at least driveable. So Im thinking about taking the loss on the rb25. To much shit to do for me to get it how I had planned (pre GTR lol). I just dont want to spend the money on making a high end rb25....when I have a rb26 parked literally 3 feet away lol. So I'm thinking just do a simple SR swap, mostly OEM and let it be. A nice clean driver car. Put my GTR brakes on the front, put my OEM GTR wheels on it to keep the advans minty, and just enjoy the car. A city cruiser/fun car so to speak so I dont have to drive my big ol diesel everywhere and can keep the GTR parked for the most part lol. I always get a little nervous driving it because of the amount of IDIOTS i see on the road. Just bring it out here and there and use the 240 as more of a cruiser for when you get that driving feeling. I cleaned up the car slightly, has years of dust on it lol.

A nice thing to see when I open the garage doors. Nismo and ARC intercoolers peaking at me lol.

Little dude wanted to help clean (he just likes playing with the hose haha)

They still clean up nice. That blue looks crazy in the sun.

Wiped the hood down also, you can tell what it looked like by looking at the windshield. Its dirty lol.

Something about old nissans and advans. Just always been a fan. Same era of cars too.

Last edited by BossHogg; 08-28-2020 at 10:37 PM..
BossHogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 06:29 PM   #388
jdmlivin
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (48)
jdmlivin is making a name for him/her selfjdmlivin is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 48 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jdmlivin
very very cool you have a great collection sir and great builds.
jdmlivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 01:10 PM   #389
STL240SXDRIFT
Zilvia Junkie

STL240SXDRIFT is an unknown quantity at this point
Checking in on some of my favorite builds and bumping some old stuff. Still making progress? UPDATES!?!
STL240SXDRIFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 12:24 PM   #390
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

Damn its been a while lol. Honestly haven't been doing to much car stuff lately. Mostly house stuff. But, I have done some things that a few of you may appreciate more than GTR stuff. Lets see if I remember how to work an actual forum....and computer for that matter LOL.

So GTR stuff first, not much really. Just enjoying it for the most part as is. Been more focused on 240 stuff recently.

Platinum Racing Products VR38 coil pack kit, new plugs, OEM panel filter. Car had HKS plugs and HKS panel filter in it when I changed them. I didn't know HKS made panel filters lol. But I may switch back when its time for a new filter since they are replaceable.

OEM setup compared to PRP setup, really nice setup they offer.

Fits right in

Can maintain OEM look

I also went ahead and installed the new OEM front lip. Looks way better!

Ok now for the 240 stuff. A friend randomly messaged me one day asking what it would take for me to let go of my entire RB25 setup, full race kit, fuel system, raw brokerage mani, cams etc. I gave him a number and he said yes. Still lost my ass a little, but recouped roughly 10k. So.....now I had a 240 with no engine or trans. Then another buddy randomly asked me one day if I knew anybody looking for a complete turn key SR20 swap. I said yea, me....maybe lol. I've never been a SR guy before, but at this point, I dont care lol. It fits the car perfect and is fun enough stockish. So I ended up buying it. Pretty OEMish, with a pulsar GTI-R turbo, turbo outlet pipe and a blitz downpipe. I went ahead and bought new OEM injectors and OEM maf, few random OEM lines, clips, fan and shroud, Koyo type S radiator (stock looking), Z1 silicone radiator hoses, OEM clutch slave, various little wiring specialties pigtails, Z1 driveshaft and I'm sure a few other little things I cant remember just to get it driveable. I still had my ARC FMIC, a tial QR recirc BOV and KTS titianium exhaust to finish it all off.

Another problem is I had no brakes on the front of the car since I took the Greddy BBK off and put it on my GTR. So since I already bought OEM GTR rear calipers like 15 years ago, I just put my OEM GTR front setup onto the s13. Also got a new z32 BMC.

Also had the new carpet, new floormats, Recaro seats, bride and a recaro seat rail lol, new armrest lid, wiper/turn signal stalks, all the DEFI gauges/sensors hooked up, also tried out the old school Tomei AF meter lol. Had to use translator to figure it out, but I think it works pretty accurately for the most part. Seems to cruise around 14 ish and WOT is 11-12 at .8-ish bar on the pulsar t28 So I feel like its working how it should. Better than nothing I guess.

So then came the fact that the falken tires that were on the super advans were from 2006! lol. Definitely not safe and easily spun through 1st and 2nd gear when hammering it down. So I went ahead and got some Nitto NT05 in 275/40 rear and 255/40 front and I must say, I like the way looks much better. Got an alignment also so the car feels awesome right now.

Now, the bad part is I'm 99.9% positive the turbo seals are starting to go on the pulsar t28. Smokes pretty heavy at an idle at stop lights etc, but disappears when driving. Doesn't over heat, no oil in coolant or vice versa. I pulled the intake to see any shaft play but there is none. So it has to be the seals as far as I'm concerned. So as of now, since I'm not chasing any kind of power trip or over the top setup, I'm planning on just doing a standard Spec R s15 dual ball bearing turbo, 550cc injectors, Z32 MAF and then some kind of tune, either nistune or JWT or something. Just want a fun, responsive, DRIVEABLE car lol. I figure around 300 hp would be a more than enough for an enjoyable streetcar that is OEM internal safe etc.

I will include a list of whats on the car as of how it sits today, since it can probably get quite confusing reading through this thread from the beginning.

Engine:
SR20DET
pulsar turbo
koyo type S radiator
ARC intercooller
Blitz downpipe
KTS titanium 3" exhaust
Tomei titanium 3" test pipe
Tial QR recirc bov
random new OEM clips, hoses, grommets

suspension: Old ass squeaky shit lol
tein type flex coilovers (bought these new in 2003 lol)
SPL tension rods (type 2 i believe)
SPL tie rod ends
SPL aluminum subframe bushings
Z32 tie rods
Auto Refine Co (ARC) front rear sway bars
Nismo front lower control arms
Nismo rear lower control arms
Nismo powerbrace
Nismo rear strut bar
Okuyama Carbing aluminum front strut bar
Cusco rear upper camber arms
Cusco traction rods
Cusco rear toe adjustment rods

Drivetrain:
5 lug conversion
OS Giken superlock 1.5 way LSD (very nice and quiet)
SPL aluminum diff bushings
Z1 motorsports platinum drive shaft
New OEM diff seals/gaskets
New OEM axle seals/bolts

Brakes:
R32 GTR front and rear calipers
Dixcel rotors/pads
Z32 master cylinder
GK tech front lines
SPL rear lines

Body:
S13 sivlia front end conversion
OEM brick headlights
Silvia K's aero front bumper
JUN silvia hood

Wheels:
Super Advan Racing version 2 in metallic blue
17x8.5 +27 front Nitto NT05 255/40
17x9.5 +35 rear Nitto NT05 275/40

Interior:
Defi Advance BF boost, oil temp, oil pressure
Defi Advance link box
Defi VSDX headsup display
Broadfield custom steering column cover
Broadfield 60mm vent cluster
OEM JDM digital climate control
Nismo black butt plug shift knob
Nismo yellow killswitch fashion lighter
Works Bell "splash" short hub
Works Bell "splash" quick release
Tomei steering wheel
Tomei A/F meter
New OEM ignition switch
New OEM headlight/turn stalk
New OEM windshield wiper stalk
New OEM arm rest lid
ACC carpet
ACC floormats
Recaro Crayola SR seats
Bride and Recaro seat rails lol

I think thats it for now, I still have the OEM silvia aero sideskirts, rear valences and JUN grille to put on. But I think I will wait until I get it painted do add all that stuff. Car needs to be gone over fully to fix random dents etc. But its well enough for me to enjoy for a bit lol.

So until next time!