Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 02-11-2015, 06:07 PM   #1
Philthese93
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
Philthese93 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
s13 ka24de into 1990 s13

Hey Zilvia. I had a question about the swap. So i'm following this guide (http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/ka2...p-by-step.html) and he doesnt say anything about the charcol canister or ac crap.

I dont want the ac stuff. Do i just remove it THEN do the swap?
Also what do i do with this line? At the end of it it says EVAP.

Philthese93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2015, 07:15 PM   #2
Philthese93
Zilvia Junkie

anybody help?
Old 02-11-2015, 07:52 PM   #3
wilmer562

Trader Rating: (0)
wilmer562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yeah bro you can just delete the a/c And also delete the evap system aswell but if ur traing to make it pass smog i would recomend getting a new one cus that one looks like its done lol
wilmer562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 10:02 PM   #4
Philthese93
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilmer562 View Post
Yeah bro you can just delete the a/c And also delete the evap system aswell but if ur traing to make it pass smog i would recomend getting a new one cus that one looks like its done lol
Alright cool. Nah i'm going to delete emissions as well. I was just reading on another thread you need the charcoal canister to relieve fuel vapors from the gas tank.. delete the lines anyways?
Old 02-12-2015, 03:11 AM   #5
SidewaysS13ka
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
SidewaysS13ka is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
hey man ill try and help clear things up ive done this before and its kind of confusing, but basically like everyone else stated delete the ac.

take off your int. manifold and seperate it into two pieces. re loop your heater core lines to your block, if you still want to retain heat then dont do this step. im assuming the engine is out of the car, so that makes it really easy. order yourself the egr block off plate and get that out of the way its located on the bottom portion of the intake manifold, then try to cut and clean up the big giant hole that the egr tube leaves in the ex. manifold, welding it shut works great. on the back of the head there is this junction block that you need to delete, once you delete that you need to find the little barb on the bottom of the int. manifold and run that to your fpr, because it only needs to register its getting vac, next there is a railroad track looking thing with little hoses going through it, junk that too and save all the extra lines, because you can re use them, im not 100% on this step since i havent done this in a long time, but there is a hose that runs coolant through it between the plenums, the difference needs to be taken up by a pipe or find a hose the same size, but longer length, your going to see lines coming into the bay one is the tank vent to the canister, some people bend it down, some people krimp it <---makes car stinky just bend it down towards the ground youll be fine. these steps are not in order just basically a run through. hope that helps and hop on over to drifting.com and grab that 91 s13 fsm comes in handy for the railroad track thing i was talking about. you can also follow the diy on 240sx tech, but he doesnt go that in depth. when all said and done you should have a big pile of useless extra hoses and pretty tidy intake manifold..i even went as far as deleting the butterflies in the manifold wish i had pics though from when i did it
Old 02-12-2015, 07:42 AM   #6
Philthese93
Zilvia Junkie

Now thats some help! Thanks man! I was trying to read the nico walkthrough and kind of got confused and he didnt mention the charcoal canister or that evap hose. Ok thanks! I'll try to follow along as best i can
Old 02-12-2015, 12:45 PM   #7
SidewaysS13ka
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
SidewaysS13ka is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
i had my ka24de running of two main vac lines basically, you will have to dial in your idle when youre done. sorry i forgot to add that, because once you start it it will idle a little high if i remember correctly and dont forget to plug the hole on the underside of the intake tube, you can use a rubber stopper and a hose clamp or if you have spare cam buckets hammer one on there and say good day lol, when done start your car and let it warm up, then slowly adjust your iacv screw(phillips head looking screw on passenger side of the int manifold)if it doesnt turn dont force it and strip, sometimes your car will self adjust a little and get itself kind of close to idle..good luck and try to take your time you will be impressed with the outcome and yourself. im in the process of helping a buddy with an rb25det coupe and i have to say holy crap the ka and rb are so closely similar.
Old 02-12-2015, 01:58 PM   #8
Philthese93
Zilvia Junkie

Haha really? I know they are both nissan motors but an inline 4 versus a straight 6 power house sort of similar? Crazy! Alright cool thanks for the info! I will try my best to have it running by next month!
Old 04-12-2015, 11:42 PM   #9
wilmer562

Trader Rating: (0)
wilmer562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Try this bro
http://tech.240sxone.com/115/ka24de-egr-removal/
wilmer562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 12:23 PM   #10
Philthese93
Zilvia Junkie