Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-22-2008, 06:40 AM   #1
dogg4217
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
dogg4217 will become famous soon enoughdogg4217 will become famous soon enoughdogg4217 will become famous soon enoughdogg4217 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question on blue/red wire on SR harness to chassis

I am finishing up my SR swap in a 93 s13. I followed this wiring guide
SR20DET Swap Engine Harness Wiring Diagram Guide SR SR20

My question is on the chassis plug (grey and brown) it says to take the SR black/red and blue/red to the black/red on the ka side.

Well there is two blue/red on the SR harness. One is a thick wire and the other in a skinny wire. Which one did you hook up?
dogg4217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2008, 09:12 AM   #2
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
The thick one. If you follow it you'll clearly see it goes to the ignitor.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 09:14 AM   #3
dogg4217
Leaky Injector

dogg4217 will become famous soon enoughdogg4217 will become famous soon enoughdogg4217 will become famous soon enoughdogg4217 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectRDM View Post
The thick one. If you follow it you'll clearly see it goes to the ignitor.
Ok thanks, I assumed it had something to do with the ignition/coilpacks area.
Old 12-22-2008, 01:58 PM   #4
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
plus 1 rep for projectrdm! he is correctemundo! Now I forgot what the black red goes to lol...
Old 12-22-2008, 03:12 PM   #5
projectRDM
Post Whore!

projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
plus 1 rep for projectrdm! he is correctemundo! Now I forgot what the black red goes to lol...
Black/red goes to black/red, foo. It's the ignition supply for the ECCS relay, EGI relay, and ECU.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
Old 12-22-2008, 03:25 PM   #6
dogg4217
Leaky Injector

Sound like you know a little, answer this one;

Followed the install guide on frsports.com. Car starts up fine. But won't shut off after I pull the key out. Why?

It's a 93 hatch. I've done a s13 sr20 swap, auto - manual conversion and relocated the battery. I have a brand new sr harness installed. The lower harness is from the auto ka. I jumped the lower connector on the fuse box for the clutch so it will start with out pressing the clutch in.

I have taken out the lower harness to redo it, taking out all the auto wires not needed. When I took the harness out I noticed that there is a plug that goes into the alt. which I did not have connected before when I had this problem with the car not shutting off. Would this plug cause the problem?

Excuse my questions, I am use to building Jeep TJ's and Honda's. This is my first Nissan 240 that I have done anything with. My first 240a 90 s13 hatch I just replaced the waterpump and brakes and then sold it.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:14 PM   #7
projectRDM
Post Whore!

2pin plug? That's the charging signal to the cluster and fused side of the fusebox. That shouldn't make a difference though being unplugged, the charging lead is still bolted to the stud on the back, right?

Old 12-23-2008, 06:28 AM   #8
dogg4217
Leaky Injector

Quote:
2pin plug? That's the charging signal to the cluster and fused side of the fusebox. That shouldn't make a difference though being unplugged, the charging lead is still bolted to the stud on the back, right?
Yes the charging lead was bolted on. I can't figure out why the car will stay running with out the key in. Someone suggested it was in the ignition switch so I had another switch laying around I hooked up, but the same results. Is there something else in the column I am missing? I know the wiring harness is wired like frsports.com says. I've tripled check it. Now if I lay the harness on the floor disconnected from everything (chassis/dash connector) I can power on my accessories. Turn the key off and they turn off. So why is it hooking up the engine harness will cause my problems? I've tried two different harnesses and the first one I tried was already wired for a sr into a s13. The 2nd harness was brand new and wired following the guide.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:55 AM   #9
projectRDM
Post Whore!

When it does this, try unplugging each plug individually to narrow down which one is causing the problem. Start with the dash plug, although I doubt it's the culprit, then move on outside. Something is backfeeding through the black/red wire, could be a relay stuck open as well.

Old 12-23-2008, 11:08 AM   #10
dogg4217
Leaky Injector

Quote:
When it does this, try unplugging each plug individually to narrow down which one is causing the problem. Start with the dash plug, although I doubt it's the culprit, then move on outside. Something is backfeeding through the black/red wire, could be a relay stuck open as well.
Yeah I was thinking an ignition relay. I am checking the schematics of the wiring in the s13 fsm.

But good idea, I will have to start pulling plugs to see what happens.

When I have to force the car to turn off I pull the CAS plug. The motor stops, I put the plug back on and I can hear the fuel pump prime (walboro 255) which is weird. But like you said I am leaning towards a relay problem but just don't know where to start.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:20 AM   #11
OEMS13

OEMS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm having the same trouble with my swap.
OEMS13 is offline   Reply With Quote