Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:22 PM   #31
ashtonroche
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
ashtonroche is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It wont be much of a daily driver anymore but it will still be street driven on occasion and still remain registered and insured.

But yes on my 60 trim T3 setup I daily drove it 60 miles round trip to work every day. Only problem I ever had was with the old 5 speed transmissions. But thats every b13 owners problem with over 350whp. lol.
ashtonroche is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2012, 10:54 PM   #32
Smurf_240SX
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
Smurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choicesSmurf_240SX has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Smurf_240SX
Nice build!

FS OEM RB25 PARTS
Smurf_240SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:04 PM   #33
ashtonroche
Zilvia Junkie

My DOC Race T4 turbo manifold came in today with my JGS 50mm wastegate and flange already welded onto the manifold. Manifold like i said is positioned down about an 2" lower to help clear the huge BW turbo under the hood and also angled towards the front some to clear the compressor housing on the motor as well. Looks like everything will clear perfectly and its a work of art. Cant say enough how great it looks. Cant wait. And again a huge thanks to Eric for the JGS gate. Ill get pics of it up later along with more pics of the manifold.

More pics to come later today.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:00 AM   #34
ashtonroche
Zilvia Junkie

Here are some more pics of this bad boy with the very nice JGS gate attached (thank you wifey for attaching it). Again cant say enough how happy I am with it.

Enjoy
Old 02-17-2012, 05:33 AM   #35
DallasTXjdm
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (41)
DallasTXjdm is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Thumbs up

Bad ass Ashton!
DallasTXjdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 03:45 PM   #36
I<3BEWBZ
Zilvia Member

I<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the rough
oh gawd, so good
I<3BEWBZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:14 PM   #37
turtl631
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
turtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Have you run that clutch on a prior setup? I haven't been able to find much about the CC twins on SR motors, but the company has a good rep and they are the most affordable twins out there by far, even compared with SPEC.
turtl631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:06 PM   #38
ashtonroche
Zilvia Junkie

Yes, ive been running CC's twin disk for a while now. Ran it when I had the stock 5 speed transmission in and was at about 550whp or so. Only issue I ran into was the splines on the disks stripped but you have to think also that the stock fwd 5 speeds use a small 18 spline 5/8" input shaft. They were nice enough to cover the disk as the trans never had a problem stripping splines out with any other clutch setup, the splines on the trans were fine, no input shaft play, and dowel pins were on the block for proper alignment. So I sent them in and they sent me new ones. But shortly after I switched to the 6 speed and the 6 speed has the same size in put as the rwd sr trans. 24 spline 1" input. So far with around 650whp, not a single issues, disks look great and the thing definitely grabs and holds.

They are a great company that stick by their products and Ive never had any problems with them coming through.
Old 02-26-2012, 01:48 AM   #39
turtl631
Zilvia Addict

turtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond reputeturtl631 has a reputation beyond repute
That's certainly reassuring. How driveable is it- can you slip it at all or do you have pretty much have to get some wheelspin to get moving from a stop?
Old 02-26-2012, 01:52 AM   #40
Edwin562
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
Edwin562 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
I need to shower cuz this is too nasty...
Edwin562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:24 AM   #41
S15_2565

S15_2565 is an unknown quantity at this point
Awesome build !!
S15_2565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:38 PM   #42
ashtonroche
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtl631 View Post
That's certainly reassuring. How driveable is it- can you slip it at all or do you have pretty much have to get some wheelspin to get moving from a stop?
Once you get used to it, its not that hard at all to drive. Yes of course more of a pain than a normal clutch. You need to take off from the line at no less than 1200-1500 rpm or so or youll get some chatter, bog and possible stall the car. There is some slip room again once you get used to where the engagement point is but yeah very little slip room, there is a point where it just starts to grab and anything more and its fully engaged.

I daily drove it with the twin disk for a good 6 months without problems.

All I can say is if the car was still a cable clutch I could only imagine how hard the pedal would be. Even though ive converted it to hydro the pedal is still quite hard. You get a strong left leg real quick.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:23 AM   #43
turtl631
Zilvia Addict

Cool. I'd be running it on a rwd sr for road course and occasional street driving. I dont anticipate more than 450-500 whp ever but wouldn't mind low inertia and some torque holding headroom. I'd grab the A version with lower clamping force. The cost really isn't bad compared with a cro-moly flywheel and nice exedy or ACT clutch combo, and likely lighter with lower inertia and higher capacity as well.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:54 AM   #44
ashtonroche
Zilvia Junkie

It is lighter that a lightweight flywheel and normal clutch setup by far. I had a fidanza 8.8 lb flywheel and ACT Extreme pp w/ 6 puck sprung before and the twin setup was noticably lighter. Thing revs up quick.

I noticed after i went with the 6 speed that uses the same style fork as the 240's basicly that the pedal feel was a lot lighter. But thats due to the longer arm and pivot point. On the 6 speed its been perfect. No issues.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:10 PM   #45
ashtonroche
Zilvia Junkie

Alright,
A nice little update of pictures.
Got my rediculously expensive brand new Injector Dynamics ID2000 Injectors with anodized black tophats.

Got all my parts from the one and only Greg V. Cant say enough how awesome these rods look. 800+whp pfffff what is that. Got the rods, vet headgasket, new speedo cable because my old one is f'd up from when i dropped the trans one time without disconnecting it, new front and rear main seals, ve valve cover gasket, ve intake manifold gasket, dust boot for the shift fork on the trans, and both axle seals for the 6 speed, GTIR main bolts.

Cant wait to get this motor together. Gonna be soo fresh and soo clean and soo strong. Only things I have left to get are my Weldon 1100-A fuel pump, Weldon fuel filter, my downpipe v-band clamp and flange, my egt sensor, and a new wideband o2 sensor.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:32 AM   #46
ashtonroche
Zilvia Junkie

Some pics from the current stuff done. Got the old motor pulled out and dissasembled. Everything even the original 16k miles of torture main bearings were in great shape. CP's are tough pistons. As bad of detonation that i had the last time out at the track when fuel pressure dropped the pistons had no detonation damage at all. The rings were a little scored from it and from the pieces of the ground straps bouncing around in the cylinder a bit.
Anyways made some good progress with the wifeys help yesterday and this morning. Ill be back at it assembling the new bottom end later today. Much more pics to come.
Compressor housing painted bronze.

Trans cleaned and painted wrinkle black.

Golden eagle B-Series fuel rail and ID2000's installed onto the BMC Race manifold.

And my turbo manifold port matched to the VE gasket.

More to come.
Well got the bottom end assembled and ready for the head. Just waiting on it to be done at the machine shop. Should be Tuesday or Wednesday. Got much more to do in the mean time.
Pics
CP Pistons w/ upgraded tool steel wrist pins and Carr clips on the Crower Billet I-beams

ACL 5 hole main bearings.

Crank from my old motor cleaned up and in the new home.

Crower I-beam rods. 19mm bearings as well. Perfect fit.

Some CP 9:1 piston goodness in the sleeved block.

Gotta really polish the block up prior to finishing it as well.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:18 AM   #47
Pinggg
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
Pinggg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Yes!Yes!Yes! Sick as hell!
Pinggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:35 AM   #48
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Damn you've only been back from Afghanistan for just over a day and you busted all that out haha. Keep me updated man. I want you to make me a dual groove shim kit soon
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:53 AM   #49
Piggy
Zilvia Junkie

Piggy is an unknown quantity at this point
So fresh and so clean.
Piggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:51 PM   #50
ashtonroche
Zilvia Junkie

Here are some pics of the mil spec harness secured to the firewall.

Shifter mounted on the inside of the car this time

Wifeys work on the center console and guages.

Turbo test fit onto the manifold

Hopefully by Wednesday I should have the motor completely finished up, fuel system installed, all wiring connected and finished for the ems and gauges, Evo 8 Recaros installed onto NX seat rails, and should have the motor in the car to start fabbing up the intercooler piping and exhaust.
Gonna be a fun week.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:51 PM   #51
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
Hey Mr.. welcome back for now.. haha

I was going to buy DOC racing manifold, tell me how the quality is...

seems best deal there is for the price on the market
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:01 PM   #52
sexcii-zenki
Zilvia Junkie

sexcii-zenki is an unknown quantity at this point
Very noooiiice!!!
sexcii-zenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:45 AM   #53
ashtonroche
Zilvia Junkie

Here are some good pics of the 100% completed harness. Everything braided wrapped, heat shrunk and labled. Every wire was checked for proper placement and continuity throughout from the ems to each connector and all is good to go.

Here is some pics of the first phase of fab work done.
Intercooler in/out cut off and opened to 3" and v-band flanges installed and new bungs welded on the bottom for mounting

Fuel sump installed on the tank.

-8 weld on fittings installed onto the valve cover. FWI, -8 weld on fittings are perfect fit into the holes that the pcv, and two breather ports once the factory tubes are removed.

Radiator upper -16 weld on fitting installed onto the radiator and upper coolant neck and ss fitting installed onto the blocks breather. This will give me 4 breathers going to a custom made catchcan mounted where the distributor was. All lines will be black hardline and fittings. 1 of a kind. I have yet to see a hardline breather setup and I think it will look really good.

Finishing my fuel system install today. Stay tuned for pics.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:00 PM   #54
ashtonroche
Zilvia Junkie

Nice update here. Been hard at work knocking it out. Fuel system is complete, intercooler mounted, electrical complete along with cleaned up center console and and gauges. All wired in and ready to go, valve cover repainted along with the coolant pipes, throttle body, thermostat housing, upper coolant neck. Been a busy day.

Bottom of the shifter I forgot to take from before.

-10 feed on the left side in my hand and the -8 return is down at the bottom on the right side

Valve cover is finished up in bronze w/ matte black lettering and high temp clear.

Q45 throttle body also done in Bronze

Enjoy.
Tomorrow the head will be finished and I will finish the assembly of the motor. Woo hoo
Old 05-10-2012, 05:20 PM   #55
ashtonroche
Zilvia Junkie

Got my return line finished. Had to fab up a new fuel tank cover as when I tried to drill/tap and then thread the fitting onto the stock plasic unit it split right in half. Not bad work with a cutting wheel if you ask me. Perfect fit.

Weldon regulator mounted to the brake master cylinder.

My first set of BFG 225/50/15 Drag Radials arrived and had them mounted on my wheels. Mainly for dyno use. mmmm sticky.

Might have more tonight. Need to install my ARP extended studs, wire my fuel pump up and finish a couple other small things. My head is done at the machine shop and will be picking it up in the morning. Tomorrow will be a big day of finishing up motor.
Old 05-10-2012, 07:57 PM   #56
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
I cant wait for the first startup vid. I miss riding in this
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:49 PM   #57
ashtonroche
Zilvia Junkie

Alright got the motor finished up for the most part other than a couple small things. The turbo is big but it sits low enough that its going to clear everything just fine. It will clear the hood better than my t67 h.o. setup did thats for sure. I need to cut and reweld my upper radiator neck AN fitting as its sitting too close to the turbo. No biggie. Ill be having my catch can fabbed up and intercooler piping once the motor is in the car. Not much left to go and should be done mid next week. Im going down to Corpus Christi this weekend to visit my parents so im taking a small break from it.

Here is the hole drilled for the hall sensor.

Here is the larger dowels in place
Had to drill the VET gasket out for the larger studs and dowels.

1/2" head studs all torqued down to 95 ft-lbs

Shims and rockers all back in place

Hall effect pickup wheel in place. Uses rare earth magnets for the triggers. Only thing i had to change from this picture is remove the washer from the cam sproket bolt so that the valve cover would clear.

Here is where you have to shave the valve cover a bit to clear the new wheel on the cam.

Hall effect sensor in place and air gapped to .060"

Double o-ringed plug for the distro

Valve cover on and in place.

Turbo and intake manifold temp mounted on for fitment check.

Enjoy. Wont be any more updates till next week.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:20 PM   #58
1sickS14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (27)
1sickS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Absolutely fucken insane! Please post some videos when its finished!
1sickS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:18 AM   #59
ashtonroche
Zilvia Junkie

Alright, Productive day for once but ran into issue after issue. First off the turbo manifold didnt fit the turbo like I would have liked. Basicly for the time being im not going to be able to fit my hood and had to do a bit more cutting to the support. After the dyno time and convention and after I return from another year I plan on having a custom manifold made to better fit the turbo in the bay so that I can run a hood and so on. There is plenty of room to better position the turbo but a custom manifold is a must. It basicly needs to put the compressor housing a bit more towards the right side of the motor and lower by about 5-6". Again I have plenty of room to do so with the half width radiator just going to come down to having it done.
Again kinda what I get for trying to have parts made without being there to take measurements myself. As for the intake manifold. Tight fit but it clears with about 1/2" to spare. I have no engine movement, at least not any noticable so no big deal there. I had to go back to my old intercooler as the v-bands were not going to work with the turbo placement the way it is. No big deal as the core is the same exact size anyways. Just going back with good old couplers. I have an appointment this weekend for dyno tuning. All Im waiting on is my new flange so I can get the intake manifold finished up and then do my catch can and up pipe for the exhaust. As far as mechanics go everything is solid and is more just cosmetic and fitment issues that are bugging me. But the car will be ready to go and put down some numbers hopefully this weekend.
On to the pics.
Fitting drilled and tapped for the Backpressure sensor.

Twin Disk 6 speed swap flywheel back in place.

Comp Twin back in place.

Trans mounted back on the motor.

Some pics of the harness installed onto the motor.

The motor is back in the engine bay.

Tight fit but its in

Hot side pipe installed

Should have a majority of the stuff finished up in the next day or so.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:47 AM   #60
ashtonroche
Zilvia Junkie

Here is some pics with the headlight back in place and some other pics.