Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 06-12-2017, 11:48 AM   #961
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
Mannykiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Update: Part 6 "How bad do you want it" Continued

Still have power windows....as much as I love them..it is time to get rid of the weight.

Firewall popped out nice and quickly making for a quick service. I'm pretty pumped on it.

And That leads me up to today. This is where i'm at. I'll be rewiring the chassis over the next 5-6 Days. I'll post up Updates ASAP!!

Thanks for following me guys!! Means a lot!

Stay tuned!! More updates soon...ish!!!

#ThisistheWolf

For more pic updates and real time in story feeds...follow me on IG: @Aaparkah.300
Old 06-12-2017, 12:00 PM   #962
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Huge Announcement!!!

I've got some Awesome News!!!

Huge new Partnership with Billet Inc out of Australia. I'll be heading their "Drift/Circuit/Street" line of Billet Rotary Engines.

From them: "Although we love our drag racing roots and heritage. We've proven that Billet Rotary engines can be competitive and reliable! It is important for us to recognize demand and growth, And so we are excited to announce our partnership with Aaron Parker Motorsports. Who will be running a special alteration of our "6-Second Package" in his Series 6 Fd3s Rx7 Competition Drift Car."

I'll be helping develop the engines for Drift/Street/Circuit cars!! Please hit me up for any questions!

Although we Love Mazda....with engine parts becoming harder and harder to find. These Engines are the future of Rotary for us!! Replaceable "Iron" inserts....means purchasing one set of plates. And then if need be...replaceable Wear surfaces. Porting? ..no problem. Each insert will be Machined perfect. Anything done by hand isn't symmetrical... all Billet inc Ports will be 100% exactly the same.

Can't wait to share what's to come!!
Thanks guys!
Old 06-12-2017, 12:01 PM   #963
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

P.S. G-Force GSR is FOR SALE. Looking to get $6250.00 For it. Comes with upgraded Andrews Gear set, Long Shifter and ARP Hardware. GM-26 Spline input shaft.....ready to rock!

Please let me know =-)
Old 06-12-2017, 05:20 PM   #964
Mitsubayati
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
Mitsubayati is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Mitsubayati
Where do you get all of your wiring components?
Old 06-13-2017, 12:41 AM   #965
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
That trans is the best. You doing 2 more gears? What kind of power will this setup put out? I'm happy for you dude, that's really cool.
Old 06-13-2017, 06:20 AM   #966
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Billet to the world!
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 11:10 AM   #967
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Update: "Rewire.....wait... Wolf goes on a diet....wait...paint...wait...sigh... I did it again."

It's impossible for me to not go full on with these Upgrades.... Meaning...every time I tell myself to upgrade something and simplify something and then just make the car Solid.. I end up going all in and spending way more than I should have..just to make the car not only function well..but Look presentable as well.

I started off just wanted to rewire the CHassis because i had been using a PNP model Adaptronic up until this point. When I removed the dash ....as you guys can see above... I found Horrendous things....things only present in nightmares hahaha... It weighed a ton... Almost 118 Lbs removed from the car!!!!!

Thats almost a person!! Or a really small one haha.

But After getting the car stripped... I couldn't leave the bare chassis all crappy OE Green cream colored so I went ahead and masked off everything...which took me a good solid 4-5 hours. And Painted the car. I went to get the Same Fuchsia paint i had used on the cage but it's no longer available. So to match it....it was going to cost some 480 dollars. SO I went the cost effective route and chose a Silver. I don't really like it...but at least it's clean. Anyways...here are progress pics.

Check it!

Care Package from Super Wow Factory.. Their Packaging is Next Level!!! Soo Pumped on These!!! Have to represent the companies that trust me with their Name!!

Weight savings

Cut to retain my Bubble Tech Carbon Door Panels!

Mock up of Dash

Remote Mount Kill Switch!! THis is gonna be Trick!

The Right Tools for the Job... Battery Cable Crimper!!! Welding Cable.. And the Correct Lugs!!! 1/0! RayChem Dr-25!!

Board Mock....Brainstorming.. Hmmm Not sure i really like it

Jammed down to Costa Mesa to get a Piece of Scrap Metal cut out for my battery cut off switch!

Nate at Bink Industries went all out for me. I just needed the Metal.. He cut it..found center... and prepped it for me haha. Bad ass

My Buddy Eddie came over to weld my Plate to my cage. He told me that he hasn't used this welder in forever and he wasn't sure how it would come out... I told him It just needs to be strong.... He replied.. dude.. It's not going to do the car justice lol... I told him not to worry about it..and as long as it's not a hack..and looks decent....and is strong... I'm not going to worry much.

Came out good though!
Update: "Rewire.....wait... Wolf goes on a diet....wait...paint...wait...sigh... I did it again."

Not Bad!

Started running Cable

For Starter/Alt..nice little Bulk head.. @ Pandaz Fd ;-)

Change in plans on the electronics mount Board... I like this much better.

And thats where I'm at currently.!

Thanks guys!

More updates soon!

Stay Tuned!

#ThisistheWolf
Old 06-16-2017, 11:11 AM   #968
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPimpFlex View Post
That trans is the best. You doing 2 more gears? What kind of power will this setup put out? I'm happy for you dude, that's really cool.

Thanks Man!!!

It's actually For sale!!! hahaha. Text me if you'd like or know anyone interested!

$6250 With Andrews Gear Set!!!

My car made 512/420 at 19psi....But I've lowered to 15 PSI to conserve boxes for the remainder of this season!!!

Talk to you soon man!!

Thanks guys!
Old 06-17-2017, 12:27 PM   #969
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Update: "Chassis Low down"

Whats up guys!!

the chassis re-wire is coming along nicely! It's funny how I sometimes catch myself staring at the interior of the car sometimes for 10-15 Min... I visualize what I want from the set up. Follow make believe lines from switches...to their accessories.... how the routing of it will go... it's location is CRUCIAL. Last night I fell asleep on my knees... arm hanging over the roll cage with my circuit breaker in my hand. I woke up to my sisters dog nudging me. It was 11:45 and I had a Skype meeting with Billet Inc in 15 Min. The meeting went excellent and I'm really looking forward to sharing with everyone what we're up to!

But back to the Wiring Job! Useability...function, and location are KEEN. Very important!! Solid components mean nothing unless they're put together correctly. It's the design of the whole set up...not just the individual components!

So Check it!

Received some new Coils for the rear end of the Wolf. Being part of the R & D for Parts shop has been awesome. Working with a company that has the same end goals as myself...in developing the absolute best solution set up for these cars in the drift application is great. These Rear dampeners are a bit special... But I'll expand on that more later!

This is a 400Amp Military Grade Contactor. I've used these on a Few cars already...and they're pretty popular in Europe. I'm using for my Remote mount Kill Switch. Tons of Benefits to using this specific model over say the Painless kit, and or just a regular battery isolator.

Starter and Alternator Power. Make sure you have the Alternator and Starter return after the Kill switch. Some people disagree...but if you ever work on a car with power off... you want to be able to hit the switch and not have a hot starter/alt power lead. This is why you purchase a Good Quality Switch..with Solid Gauge Wire...and Proper ring terminals. But there's no point in having a Kill Switch if it doesn't kill power to the car. Ive quite a few cars wired incorrectly...and it's a major pain in the ass.

Just some Jams i've been into lately.... Killer!!!

And I fogrot to take pics of a few steps because I was in the zone. But here is where I left of last night. I've got my Marine Grade 185AMP Circuit Breaker within reach ....while strapped into the car with harness and all. There's a mis conception that these create issues. People always say "those things always give us issues." Which may be true...but it's only giving issues...because it's wired incorrectly, or it's not the correct component for the required job.

And that's pretty much where I've left off. I'm waiting for my ABS Panel from McMaster to show up...then I can hammer down on the Control Panel. But until then..I"ve really got my hands tied using this Cardboard template. I don't want to add too much to it because for one...it isn't very sturdy...and 2. Until its actually mounted....I won't be able to optimize the thought process behind the set up. I want to make sure this is done correctly. So I'll have to wait. I'm excited to show you guys the end product though!!

I'll leave you guys with some Action shots from Luke Munnels coverage of Top Drift Round 2. Article is up on Super Street Magazine!

Pits..my boy Billy Haynes and Odi Bakchis

Top 16 Lead run

Thanks for following guys!!

More updates soon!

Stay Tuned!

#ThisistheWolf
Old 06-18-2017, 11:29 PM   #970
Ronald_Mcdonald
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
Ronald_Mcdonald is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Ronald_Mcdonald
Can't wait to see the update about the motor!
Old 07-01-2017, 04:15 PM   #971
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

HUGE updates on progress. Crazy busy....Non-Stop...All Day...Real late nights... Grinding as hard as I can to make sure this car is 100% Set up the way that I know I'm capable of producing!

Old 07-02-2017, 11:24 AM   #972
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Update: Chassis Re-wire Part 2, "Its all in the details"

Whats up guys!!! Been a week and a half or so of grinding out at both Jobs! For the past 9 days I had been getting up at 7:30 AM and working on the Wolfs wiring till 1:45 pm.. Leave at 2 pm…get to work at 3:30 pm… work till 11-12 pm drive home and put in a couple more hours in..usually getting to sleep at around 3-3:30 AM. I’ve just been on this bender to get in as much possible in the span of one day as I can in order to maximize efficiency. On day 8 though…I started realizing I needed to sleep more. I had made a couple mistakes finalizing my wiring and had to go back and re-do things.

Anyways…It’s all in the details when wiring. Yes you can use nice connectors… Yes you can use Nice wire… Yes you can even do fancy twisted pairs etc. But it needs to be well thought out and executed. After almost finishing the car....I can confess that I have actually re-used a lot of my old wire. On the board..I didn’t really need to. And for the ARC panel….I was able to use the wire they supplied. But they don’t give you enough to route things properly. They give you just enough to get it done..but not get it done really clean ……if that makes sense. I wanted to make sure the wire followed the frame rail. And I wanted tomake sure I was able to mount things in well thought out locations so that I could Maximize efficiency and useability/maint if possible. So I ended up extending their wire with my own in areas like Head lights etc.

For instance… I could have just wrapped the headlights with 1 power wire running from the cabin.. around the passenger side fender well… to the passenger side head light…then continued on to the drivers side headlight…But If I were to ever get damage on that side of the car.. then I could lose both Headlights….meaning I’d be out of the competition. So I ran separate power wire to each head light and each projector, so that in the case of damage on either side..that won’t affect the opposite side for repair and or running.

So lets pick up where I left off!
I got the Chassis side of things done! Ran all cable, starter, alternator, Master Kill switch, Emergency cut off switch, Ignition Switch and got my ARC Switch panel back from Super Wow Factory… they did an AWESOME job to the pretty standard looking ARC White with black lettering style. It’s also sealed and covered with a protective film that can be cleaned with stronger cleaners like simple green etc if need be!
Black piece of ABS sheet came in from McMaster…had to go to UPS to pick it up…..said it was at the station…out for delivery but not? Haha weird…So I drove over there. This UPS Station was the jam….super down to earth guys and really helpful over the phone. Not like most.

Traced my crap cardboard template to the sheet of ABS and started fitting it so I could mount it utilizing 3 mounting bolts.

Got that all figured real solid. So brought the board inside for the nerve wracking mounting of modules etc. This takes forever….but It’s worth it. Everything needs to be where I wanted it for function…maintenance and useability, but also heat protection. The Board sits off the transmission tunnel and the air gap between the trans tunnel and ABS sheet should do pretty good against heat transfer. I really don’t want the relays and modules to take any more heat than they need to.

Staying organized!

Little Details

I used Nut Serts for everything. Even one on the transmission tunnel to run a larger M8 stud and nut configuration to get the proper gap off the tunnel.
Here I’m just using them for mounting components onto the ABS Sheet. Every Piece of hardware is a M6 bolt. So that I don’t have to run around looking for stupid allen heads to take something off if need be. I hate that. This way there’s only one Tool for all the components. I had to drill out some components so they’d accept the larger hardware. Time consuming…but worth it in the end. NO SHEET METAL SCREWS ANYWHERE!

Mock check

Progress

I think the board took me a day and a half to build. Really wanted this to be done correctly.

I even went as far as using all one style of sealed Hella Relay. That way everthing uses the same replacement if need be.

More Mock checking….must’ve had the board in and out of the car over 35-40 times throughout the process. Really wanted to make sure everything cleared and would be accessible with the Dash in there…but also easily come out of the car if needed.

I used Left Over DR-25 (Yellow Lettering) from my engine harness. It’s expensive…but Really nice stuff. Necessary? Probably not. But it’s nice and I like it!

All connectors on the board use assorted Deutsch conns. Specifically used for their intended current draw in each application…higher and lower current separated by connector and function. So that when I want to take the board out of the car.. cooling fans have their own connector…fuel pumps…have their own connector..oil coolers….own connector. No guess work!

Late delivery of my Heat gun!! Yeeoowww!! This thing is sick!

Detail!!

Getting There!

Ignition powered 12V for small stuff…like wideband…dash display…innovate module..etc!

SuperWow Factory spruced up ARC Panel Lay-over with protective film!
I love it!

Then I started working on my Fuse board for Fans on the car. I wanted each individual fan to have it’s own relay. This way Everything was getting juiced and not over-worked either way. This draws directly from the Battery
ABS Sheet again. Just cut to desired size and cleaned up

Mock Set

And for kicks…I tested to see how much of a pain it would be to pull the board out of the car with everything installed. Not bad!!! Engine Harness stays put…but is also connected to it’s own power relays because I’ve got the ignition harness and ECU Harness combined into the same single loom

Then it was time to throw some style into the set up !!!!

Mock

Lots of work!

Then I started working on the Fuse Board for my Fuel Pumps! Using Nut Serts again to secure the board to the Sheet Metal!

Drilling out for M6 hardware!

Building inside again!
Old 07-02-2017, 11:36 AM   #973
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Continued Update: Chassis Re-wire Part 2, "Its all in the details"

Gold for Heavy duty!!

Got my EGT sensors hooked to the board! New Innovate MTX-L Plus!!

Little Details for Fan Grounds! Nice…simple and sealed!! Always keep usability in mind!!

Late Nights in the Garage! Getting there!

Fuel Pump Board Complete!!! Minus gold heat barrier..ran out…but I’ll get more hahaha

And here she is!!! Almost 100% Complete!!

Got more SuperWow factory Vinyl in….Represent the companies that trust you with their name!!!

Late night lights!

In coming care package!!!

Gold for Heavy duty!!

Got my EGT sensors hooked to the board! New Innovate MTX-L Plus!!

Little Details for Fan Grounds! Nice…simple and sealed!! Always keep usability in mind!!

Late Nights in the Garage! Getting there!

Fuel Pump Board Complete!!! Minus gold heat barrier..ran out…but I’ll get more hahaha

And here she is!!! Almost 100% Complete!!

Got more SuperWow factory Vinyl in….Represent the companies that trust you with their name!!!

Late night lights!

In coming care package!!!

This is the AEM CD-7 Digital Dash Display!!! Fully configurable! DopeAF!

Needed to make a mount…so I had to Garage style it… haha

Sliders!!

General Mock again!!! Not Bad Eh?!?! Getting Excited

Old 07-02-2017, 11:49 AM   #974
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Also..a huge part of development is trial and error. To develop something that works for both street and track…Partshop Max and myself have been through the ringer working to make sure this suspension set up comes out excellent for all applications! Track tested!!! Street driven!!! To make sure you guys don’t do this:

Hitting the lower arm

This was why we tested the coilovers on OEM suspension first before swapping to the Parts shop arms. Now we know there are clearance issues with OE application NON Parts shop arms and the coilovers. SO modifications are being made to be able to run both set up’s without clearance issues!
Martin Building a new rear end set!

And Dan and Martin working on the sway bar set up! #Levelup!!

Took some measurements from Odi’s Falken S14 for headlights… I don’t like my beams….

And making a mount for my Innovate MTX-L plus!

And that leaves me up to where I am at currently....other than the EGT Sensor install yesterday that took 4.5 hours because one of my fittings got gulled in the EGT Bung. Was able to fix it and get it secured. But more updates ASAP!!!

Stay tuned while I tie all this together!!

Thanks for following guys!! For real time updates via Instgram Story..give me a follow @Aaparkah.300

Thank you!!!

#Thisisthewolf
Old 07-02-2017, 08:14 PM   #975
Mofuhcka
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
Mofuhcka is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
The attention to detail has been immaculate since day one of this thread. Crazy where it's taken you from the start to now. Keep killing it!!!
Old 07-03-2017, 11:37 AM   #976
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofuhcka View Post
The attention to detail has been immaculate since day one of this thread. Crazy where it's taken you from the start to now. Keep killing it!!!

Thanks my man!!!! No plans of Slowing down!!!
Old 07-03-2017, 11:40 AM   #977
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Update: Wolf 2.0 Interior is 99% Finished!

Going to add a few little things but pretty much done!

Check it out and let me know what you guys think!!

Complete Board set up!

With Dash IN car. There is one M6 Bolt Holding the Dash in. Pumped!!! Takes less than 1 min to pull it out

CD-7 Dash

Looking to install the new Parts Shop Max Rear end Suspension Arms and go testing Asap!

Thanks for following!!!

For quicker Updates every day Follow me on IG @ Aaparkah and or Facebook!! https://www.facebook.com/lottparker

Stay Tuned for more Updates!!

#ThisistheWolf
Old 07-03-2017, 11:42 AM   #978
Unit 02

Unit 02 is an unknown quantity at this point
great thread the wiring looks super neat
Unit 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 07:09 AM   #979
fallen_51

fallen_51 is an unknown quantity at this point
I love the attention to detail with the wiring ! Keep it up man!
Old 07-11-2017, 11:55 AM   #980
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Update: Video Updates better? Which Do you guys prefere?! Trying something different!

Check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA0gQzn_1hA

More Updates Soon!

Headed to Montreal Tomorrow for FD Canada!

Hit me up if any of you Zilvians are around!

Sorry for the Weird Link..still given up on trying to embed on Zilvia

#ThisistheWolf
Old 07-11-2017, 07:38 PM   #981
D-Clem
Zilvia Member

D-Clem is making a name for him/her selfD-Clem is making a name for him/her self
Love the video updates. I love both actually so I don't have a preference. Well maybe the videos because it's easier to go more into detail and stuff and show what you mean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 07-16-2017, 09:33 PM   #982
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Update: From Beautiful Montreal!

Came out to Formula Drift... Prepped the living piss out of the car before I left. Was able to install the PBM RUCA on the Wolf and get everything aligned and ready to rip right before I left. I'm really looking forward to Round 3!

Check it!

Not sure if i've posted this just yet or not but I installed some Interior Lights so that I can have some light in there if I need. All LED....and in out of the way locations so there's no clutter.

I'm also going to be wiring in some work lights for key areas in the car. But as you can see.. If i ever need to get down under the dash...If I don't have time to pull the dash out ...I'll have light down there.

Formula Drift Canada!!

Working with Odi and the Team has been Great!

Check out the lodging! Air BnB!

We spend so much time during practice trying to even this out. Tire Wear is crucial to being fast. We do all sorts of things to achieve this. Working with Odi has given me so much knowledge on this that it's truly priceless. Here's a pic of practice before qualifying.

True depth in meaning

Rain changes everything

#Gridlife #Gridlyfe

and a bad call out of our favor sends us home.... but the only thing we can focus on is the positive...no matter how crappy it may seem. We go home with a Healthy car in tip top condition. A solid Crew...and a hunger...that'll keep us motivated for the next round. Seattle Here we come!

Here are some shots that I thought you guys might enjoy. I truly wish I could bring every single one of you guys along with on some of these adventures. Trying to do my best to share with you guys some of the experiences. Montreal is a really pretty place. Not sure how it is in the winter, but during the summer months....it's great. Here are some pics from our leisure the day after the event.

So if you're ever in Montreal Canada... make sure you go check out Old Town!

More Updates Soon!

Flying Home to CA tomorrow and getting Ready for Top Drift Round 3

Stay Tuned!

#ThisistheWolf
Old 07-31-2017, 04:58 PM   #983
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Few Vidz up!!! Check em!!

VLog Episode 1: "Interview with Micah Diaz in line at Top Drift Pro Am

https://youtu.be/1_gCNYKPuYM

Raw Driving Clip: Irwindale:

https://youtu.be/irng8hxU5NI
Old 08-07-2017, 01:33 PM   #984
eagleeyes221
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
eagleeyes221 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Aaron, after 2 weeks I just finished reading this entire thread and after studying all of the pictures that you posted during your build you inspired me to up my game on my own build. I'm a electronics tech by trade and i was especially in awe of your wiring skills, not to mention the level of fabrication work that was put in on the initial build. I usually see rats nests when people say that they wire something themselves, and not many people take their time to actually lay things out like you did. it was a very enjoyable read to say the least. I am currently in the process rewiring my car like you had just finished and i was wondering if i could maybe pick your brain ( when you get some free time of course ) on a few things that you did as i am new to wiring up a car.
eagleeyes221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 01:07 AM   #985
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Update: "A little here a little there....on and on.......and on"

Went out to Irwindale Thursday Night Drift #Thursdaynightdrift What a pretty night!

Pulled this epic Screen grab from the Go Pro footage. I love this shot. Primarily the light and shadows cast by components Partner stickers etc

Which one do you guys like more? 1-top or 2-bottom?

Honing in my breakfast skills:lol::icon_tup:

And something very huge for me came in.... Something I've needed for the longest time and have constantly put off and off until I finally found ..juuuuust the right one!

But before install.....I needed to do some trimming interior wise. No longer sitting so far back....putting myself in a more appropriate Race car seating position:icon_tup: My Hydro E-brake braket was protruding just a bit too far back. SO I had to trim it up!

And Here she is!!: OMP RS-PT Now let me explain this to you guys. The reason I took sooo long to choose a seat was because 1) The fd cab area is small. Even with Door panels/carpet/interior removed... we've still got limited area to work with.
2) This makes it hard for someone like myself 6'1 with broad shoulders and a smaller waist/hip area 32" etc... to find a seat that fit those two specifications
3) I refused to get a seat unless it would last me a long time...and since my Goal is Formula Drift... Then I needed a Seat that was both FIA Certified...and had a Halo for Tech. So I measured and studied as much as I can and came up with a set of Measurements that would work for The Wolf....and that would work for my waist/shoulders. And then...spent about a year and a half measuring/sitting/and lugging tape measures around with me to every show that I knew seat manufacturers would be displaying seats at. Craziest part is.... that This seat I wasn't able to measure. I went strictly off the PDF dimensions chart and cross referenced it with another seat that was listed on there...that I knew a driver in FD had.. that I could measure. SO I waited till FD Seattle to measure his seat...and it all panned out perfectly.. So I put in my Order!! Thank you to Dave at TF works for having this to me soo quickly...without me even asking about tracking or anything! Awesome Service!

soo happy lol (Check out the Reflective trim on the seat! DOPE!)

in place

from the passenger side view

Tight fit!!!! Roll Cage Padding had to be trimmed
Old 08-15-2017, 01:08 AM   #986
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleeyes221 View Post
Aaron, after 2 weeks I just finished reading this entire thread and after studying all of the pictures that you posted during your build you inspired me to up my game on my own build. I'm a electronics tech by trade and i was especially in awe of your wiring skills, not to mention the level of fabrication work that was put in on the initial build. I usually see rats nests when people say that they wire something themselves, and not many people take their time to actually lay things out like you did. it was a very enjoyable read to say the least. I am currently in the process rewiring my car like you had just finished and i was wondering if i could maybe pick your brain ( when you get some free time of course ) on a few things that you did as i am new to wiring up a car.
Hey man!!

THank you for the support and kind words of encouragement! Just DM me and I'll get whatever I can help you with hammered out!!!
Old 08-15-2017, 01:29 AM   #987
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Continued!!! Part 2: "A little here a little there....on and on.......and on"

from the passenger side view

Tight fit!!!! Roll Cage Padding had to be trimmed

And Also...

After removing my Heater Core when I did the Re-wire.... I can honestly say that Leaving the Heater Core in the car helped with Heat over all. I feel like my car gets 2-3 Degrees hotter...juuuuust THAT much quicker as well. I didn't want to do anything drastic and move the radiator to the rear of the car or anything....But I really don't like the car getting hot like it has been. And when I say Hot.... I mean Ambient temps out are 108 Degrees F. Guaranteed another 10 degrees out on the Track just from the Pavement. But Water temps got up to 110 Degrees Celsius...which is around 225-235 F or something. ....TOO HOT!!! So I sat down and thought about my Options. And the only thing I could think of was a water sprayer on the Radiator.

Rummaged through all my old parts and found an old AEM Water Methanol Tank... But I sold my old pump. Posted up on FB looking for one and My buddy actually had one laying around that he said he had kept for a special occasion...but 4 years later....the special occasion was me asking him lol I'm thankful for my friends!! He gave me the pump... I went to Lowe's ...got a bunch of 1/4" quick dis-connect sprinkler fittings and some spray nozzles that actually took a while to choose due to spray patter etc. And went home to install it.

So Originally I wanted to hook it up to be triggered off water temp. So that the only time it ever came on would be when the car was over say 106 Celsius. But I started thinking about it....and Really wanted the control to be used in different occasions. PLUS it's illegal in Formula Drift to have sprayers triggered on the car. So I put it on a manual switch on my over head Panel. Against my ideology about switches...but a necessary exception to the rule. So, while installing it...I ended up making it Tee out so that I have 2 nozzles. The first priority is the Radiator & the second is a smaller spray pattern....to the Intercooler. This way I'm cooling more than just the radiator.

Check it out!
Underneath the Radiator Ducting. Fans out directly into the Air path!

Hose mends... I like to make them as Flat as possible:icon_tup:

Fitting Sneaks for intercooler

Final position for the Radiator

Cant see much from the front

almost hidden

Tank and pump location/routing

And I made a Door handle since I've been using the latch wire for the past 2 events. NOT COOL. But this is cool......to me at least. Used real Thread To secure the Original Bubble Tech Nylon Pull Strap to the Latch wire! WIth a little Heat Shrink on it to keep it clean!

And Lastly......

Got some New Shoes!! RPF1's 18x10.5 SBC finish!!

Always Evolving

Always hunting for progress

Never Give up

attain the inevitable with persistence and hard work

Stay Tuned!

More Updates soon!

#ThisisEarned

#ThisistheWolf
Old 08-15-2017, 09:09 AM   #988
D-Clem
Zilvia Member

D-Clem is making a name for him/her selfD-Clem is making a name for him/her self
Beautiful! Question for you though. A couple years ago I made a similar sprayer setup for my s2000 intercooler when I still had it(obviously) but I drilled an extra hole in the washer bottle tank and used a BMW headlight washer pump. Anyways, I found that after you spray, the pressure in the tank and the siphoning effect would continue to pull water out of the tank even after being shut off for a while. I tried using aquarium check valves, I tried running the lines going uphill instead of down, etc and nothing seemed to work well. That tank was much bigger and had a lot more downward pressure with so much fluid in it but have you tried your system out and found it to work properly and shut off properly? Any check valves in your setup? I've got to think that with the water/meth kits it can't be a problem because otherwise the guys shooting methanol would have that issue but just wondering your findings as I'd like to do another setup on my s14. It worked really well in cooling when I used it and monitored IAT's vs. on and off. This time I'd do the same and spray the radiator as well though like yours is setup.
D-Clem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 07:09 PM   #989
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Whats up guys!

Just wanted to share a video I made on my Water sprayer set up. Sprays the Radiator and Intercooler. All controlled by the ECU now..but when I made the Video I had it on a switch. Check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bs4B90S7S4
Old 08-30-2017, 07:10 PM   #990
Mannykiller
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Clem View Post
Beautiful! Question for you though. A couple years ago I made a similar sprayer setup for my s2000 intercooler when I still had it(obviously) but I drilled an extra hole in the washer bottle tank and used a BMW headlight washer pump. Anyways, I found that after you spray, the pressure in the tank and the siphoning effect would continue to pull water out of the tank even after being shut off for a while. I tried using aquarium check valves, I tried running the lines going uphill instead of down, etc and nothing seemed to work well. That tank was much bigger and had a lot more downward pressure with so much fluid in it but have you tried your system out and found it to work properly and shut off properly? Any check valves in your setup? I've got to think that with the water/meth kits it can't be a problem because otherwise the guys shooting methanol would have that issue but just wondering your findings as I'd like to do another setup on my s14. It worked really well in cooling when I used it and monitored IAT's vs. on and off. This time I'd do the same and spray the radiator as well though like yours is setup.
Yea man, you need to install some sort of Check valve. Or get a good pump so that it doesn't allow the syphon.