Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 01-27-2013, 04:39 PM   #1
PJSil-Fourty

Trader Rating: (0)
PJSil-Fourty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
KA KA24E intermittent start

I bought a 1990 240sx drift missile.... Kinda regretting it, but 1000 for a straight chassis is nothing to scoff at. Anyways, I have this problem with the car not starting. It isn't a dead battery, was tested at oreilly's and voltages were all good. The car starts fine normally, but sometimes it won't do anything. No crank, just a click, or sometimes not even that. My only fix for this is to put the car in gear with the clutch down and roll it a bit and drop the clutch. I don't have to be moving fast, just fast enough to jossel things a bit. After I do this (Which might take a a few tries) the car will start up like nothing happened. I have tried to find threads of things like this happening in other threads, but they usually have starter issues. Electronics in the car work just fine, except for a few lights that don't light up.

Any ideas what this could be? Any suggestions on what to check? I am totally stumped.

5-speed hatch with a welded dif btw

Edit: I finally figured out how to find my previous thread, someone in there mentioned the starter, the more I think about it the more I suppose this could be the case, its just odd that it works after I drop the clutch because that doesn't do much to the solenoid I wouldn't think.

Last edited by PJSil-Fourty; 01-27-2013 at 07:06 PM..
PJSil-Fourty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2013, 12:28 AM   #2
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
Starter or loose ignition signal wire to the starter.