Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-11-2018, 11:39 AM   #1
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Where did the bash bar trend come from?

For a number of years i have never seen such a thing but now it seems like alot of cars have these things and some of then are even designed to be run without of bumper. Seems to be a American trend since I don't seem to see these on Japanese built cars.

In addition to that is it me or the hydro ebrake seems to be more of a American thing as well?
turboshoebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2018, 11:42 AM   #2
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I thought it came from drift cars as a way to protect their intercooler (still run) if they came in contact with another car during tandem.
sidewaysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 11:45 AM   #3
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
JDM crashbars are shorter.

So if anyone wants to run a jdm bumper, they can either run no crash support, or make their own, unless they purchased/sourced the jdm crash bar.

Most of the aftermarket bash bars are made to support the aero/splitter/intercooler, and also serve as a jacking point.

As for the MadMax ugly as fuck ones made to run without a bumper... There are always people who will take a good idea to an extreme and fuck it up design/style wise.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:47 AM   #4
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Seriously, if not being used on the track get a fucking bumper. Looks super tacky and rice boi
afishysilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 11:59 AM   #5
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (92)
S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 92 reviews
What i don’t understand is that why do we have to bash people with their “choices” if they decided to run with something that’s “lower standards/tacky/ghetto/ricer” (based on your opinion). Last time I checked it’s their build that’s founded by them or their mom/dad, but who cares it’s their car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
S-Nation S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:06 PM   #6
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S-Nation S13 View Post
What i don’t understand is that why do we have to bash people with their “choices” if they decided to run with something that’s “lower standards/tacky/ghetto/ricer” (based on your opinion). Last time I checked it’s their build that’s founded by them or their mom/dad, but who cares it’s their car.

I can agree completely, but as a whole it makes the rest of look bad lol

To each is own, 240 owners just need more class.
afishysilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:06 PM   #7
!Zar!
Post Whore!

!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
As for hydro, my car has a footbrake from the factory. Fitting a hydro was easier at the time than fabricating a hand brake from out of an S-chassis.

I don't care if someone is using a hydro.

I DO care how they are making use of it.

Some people get way too dependent on using the ebrake for everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afishysilvia View Post
I can agree completely, but as a whole it makes the rest of look bad lol

To each is own, 240 owners just need more class.
It makes the rest of you look better if you're doing it right.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:46 PM   #8
S-Nation S13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (92)
S-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-knownS-Nation S13 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 92 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
As for hydro, my car has a footbrake from the factory. Fitting a hydro was easier at the time than fabricating a hand brake from out of an S-chassis.

I don't care if someone is using a hydro.

I DO care how they are making use of it.

Some people get way too dependent on using the ebrake for everything.

It makes the rest of you look better if you're doing it right.

I completely agree make the 240 community look great in general, but the fact still remains beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. What i think is trash may look like treasure to others so i can’t justify me or any other person at that down playing someone’s build.

S-Nation S13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 03:37 PM   #9
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Juucso is on a distinguished road
I like how running without rear bumper looks on some cars, but I've never really liked how the bash bars look. The jacking points are super useful tho, I'd like to have one, but I do not like the bash bars so can't have one.
Old 01-11-2018, 04:29 PM   #10
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
you can do a half cover... but even with the bashbar jackpoint, the rear bumper still fits over it with minimal cutting....
Old 01-11-2018, 06:19 PM   #11
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
who wouldn't want a nice stiff bar in front of their car,

the better to nudge around whatever stuff you happen to see while driving
Kingtal0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:35 PM   #12
shaggy sr
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
shaggy sr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
drift armor is fucked up and so is street faction.
Old 01-11-2018, 09:24 PM   #13
McRussellPants
Nissanaholic!

McRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond reputeMcRussellPants has a reputation beyond repute
Fabricators wanting an easy part to make.
Kids wanting a cheap part to buy.
Kids wanting to protect a 75$ intercooler at the cost of tacoing a frame rail.
Kids realizing everyone has the cheap one so now they want a more cheesed out one.

Less is more on crash bars, particularly the rear ones.
McRussellPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 11:56 AM   #14
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRussellPants View Post
This .
Old 01-12-2018, 09:35 PM   #15
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Kids realizing everyone has the cheap one so now they want a more cheesed out one.

Didn't know u were joking about 75 dollar fmics till I looked it up
Old 01-14-2018, 04:47 PM   #16
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

Also sup with roof racks and sticker bombing?
Old 01-21-2018, 01:15 AM   #17
Tempo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (39)
Tempo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:

This! But I feel it's just general lack of knowledge that get people into buying hype items like the bash bars and tube fronts. I personally owned a front bash bar to " protect " but realized pretty much what you mentioned and got rid of it for that reason, along with it not being able to run oem bumpers because it was oversized for aftermarket aero. .

Race use stuff usually never is practical for a street car anyways. Simple is better, most of the time.

IG - allen.kerose
Tempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 10:28 AM   #18
EJ8 944
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
EJ8 944 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
I personally want a bash bar because my front support I had to hack up for my intercooler with a plasma cutter, looks like total shit and is starting to rust.
EJ8 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 11:24 AM   #19
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
My car came with one. If I had the option I'd run a chopped up OEM one that fits my FMIC...

But don't have the tools to cut one up and I already have one sooooo I will stay with my bashbar.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 06:37 PM   #20
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I only want a pair to hold up my aero so there's no sag or gap. But i'll be going with the minimal tubing one, not all reinforced.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 09:33 PM   #21
mogli9000
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (68)
mogli9000 will become famous soon enoughmogli9000 will become famous soon enoughmogli9000 will become famous soon enoughmogli9000 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 68 reviews
Fuck bois doing fuck boi things.