Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 12-03-2015, 12:33 PM   #1
Slammed Assassin
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (34)
Slammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Slammed Assassin
Non Fujita's s14 Revival

So I purchased Non Fujita's old s14 a couple months back. The pervious owner really hacked up the car. With cheap paint job and banged up body. Cheap suspension. Replica wheels. Unmaintained period. I grew up seeing this car all over the place. This one is a true s-chassis icon in my opinion. Ive owned over 25 s-chassis over the years it's time I build one to keep.

I have a bunch of s-chassis parts laying around along with a full new dmax kit. Suspension. Ect ect.

Now what dose the s-chassis family feel I should do? Possibly restore it back the way it use to be? Bring it up to modern style? Community build.
Old 12-03-2015, 01:03 PM   #2
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
personally, I would restore it to the condition it was in when it was featured in import tuner. too bad the tomei crate engine is gone.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 01:13 PM   #3
ADIDASilvias
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
ADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the roughADIDASilvias is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
In before people shit all over your thread, cause that's what Zilvia is all about.

If your signature pic is any indication, you're already on the right track. I'm not a big fan of tri-spoke wheels or stretch, but that S13 is pretty sick. Nice and professional looking.

Do what you want with it. Most of what you'll get from this forum is crap, though there are a few members who aren't only around to shit all over everything.

Good luck.
ADIDASilvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 01:39 PM   #4
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Update it, bro. But try to keep some styling cues from it's hayday. Just my opinion.
Old 12-03-2015, 02:56 PM   #5
Dat_SilEighty
Leaky Injector

Dat_SilEighty is making a name for him/her selfDat_SilEighty is making a name for him/her self
^^ this. personally I think it'd be sweet if you threw the D-Max kit on but found the paint code he had on it originally
Dat_SilEighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 05:18 PM   #6
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
My buddy bought the car off non when he first had it for sale. The SR21 took a shit on the way taking it home and it went straight to g-dimension in city of industry. He did a RB26 swap it in that took forever and half and put some garson racing wheels on it. As far as I know he went thru some tough times so he had to sell the car.

Then after that the next owners of the car fucked up the car parting it out and putting in cheap parts and labor on the car and the car is the way it now stands today.
turboshoebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 05:22 PM   #7
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
i want to know what happened to the Rx7 wagon he used to own.
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 05:35 PM   #8
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dat_SilEighty View Post
^^ this. personally I think it'd be sweet if you threw the D-Max kit on but found the paint code he had on it originally
putting on a dmax kit would kill the look of the car that it once was....besides the flares are molded in to the rear bumper and front bumper
Old 12-03-2015, 06:47 PM   #9
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
that car only looked good because it was newly painted and modified. and like many modifications, body kits especially, it all falls apart very rapidly as these parts just suck. Just like this Rocket Bunny bullshit, its all a fad and will really look like shit over time.

Do whatever you can to return it to factory aero with a proper paint job, thats basically all you can do.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 07:05 PM   #10
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
that car only looked good because it was newly painted and modified. and like many modifications, body kits especially, it all falls apart very rapidly as these parts just suck. Just like this Rocket Bunny bullshit, its all a fad and will really look like shit over time.

Do whatever you can to return it to factory aero with a proper paint job, thats basically all you can do.
Fiberglass aero parts in general.

Personal preference: OEM Aero.

Only thing working against you is the custom fenders on the car.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 08:15 PM   #11
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Restore the exterior and update the engine stuff, or just totally make it into your own car. Nothing lasts forever.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 06:32 AM   #12
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
how about we see pictures to see how bad it is first?
Old 12-04-2015, 08:34 AM   #13
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
Nothing lasts forever.

says the poor man
Old 12-04-2015, 11:54 PM   #14
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
So so so hyped to see this thread. God damn. Non was my hero.

If I were you, I'd restore it and bring it back exactly where it was when it was in Import Tuner exterior wise, and then freshen up the drivetrain and interior.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 02:44 PM   #15
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th-ozE5SwEE
Old 12-05-2015, 02:46 PM   #16
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

Old 12-05-2015, 02:47 PM   #17
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

Old 12-05-2015, 11:03 PM   #18
Hazard240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Hazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymoreHazard240 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Back in the day. http://www.superstreetonline.com/fea...ilvia-racecar/
Hazard240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 01:23 AM   #19
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Bring it back to how it was pleasepleaseplease
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 10:47 AM   #20
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
sigh...............

someone HAD to put an ILLEST sticker on it

thats like seeing Cindy Crawford of today with a tramp stamp tattoo
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 04:41 PM   #21
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
sigh...............

someone HAD to put an ILLEST sticker on it

thats like seeing Cindy Crawford of today with a tramp stamp tattoo
such horrible trends that i would never do to my car such as but not limited to:

illest and canibeat stickers
roof rack
sticker bombing
yellow foglights or and film
Old 12-07-2015, 12:51 AM   #22
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
The look of the car does not need to be updated, the body work simply needs to be repaired. I personally wouldn't change much about it's "aero". As for the rest of the car, that's where you add your own touches. If it was realistically possible to restore the car to exactly the same condition as it was a million years ago (it seems), when it was featured, that would be pretty cool. However, that's not really realistically possible. Changing the bodykit in any significant way would be a PITA with the moulded flares as well. I would keep that "iconic" look and make the rest mine.
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 09:57 PM   #23
Slammed Assassin
Nissanaholic!

Slammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud ofSlammed Assassin has much to be proud of
I apologize for not being able to update you fellas sooner. But the previous owner painted the car red. Trimmed the hell out of the kit to fit 19 inch varrstoens. And the from bumper is pretty much gone and trimmed away. I'll try to get pics posted asap.
Old 12-09-2015, 01:47 AM   #24
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slammed Assassin View Post
I apologize for not being able to update you fellas sooner. But the previous owner painted the car red. Trimmed the hell out of the kit to fit 19 inch varrstoens. And the from bumper is pretty much gone and trimmed away. I'll try to get pics posted asap.
what do u mean trimmed to fit 19's? Just being 19's doesn't mean you need to hack away at the body. with the right specs and camber that can be left untouched
Old 12-09-2015, 05:12 PM   #25
EJ8 944
Zilvia Junkie

EJ8 944 is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm in for pics, I'd love to see where this currently is, and where it goes from here.
EJ8 944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 12:40 AM   #26
Slammed Assassin
Nissanaholic!

Decided to paint the wheels black for now while I figure out what to do. I hated the red on red. They still make the bumper it use to have. Debating on ordering one soon. Car looks decent in pictures.

Old 12-10-2015, 12:50 AM   #27
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

wtf is that another r33 front bumper with out the flares?
Old 12-10-2015, 12:51 AM   #28
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

straight up who ever owned it last really screwed the car over. before it looked baller and shit and now it looks like another generic 240
Old 12-16-2015, 02:41 AM   #29
Slammed Assassin
Nissanaholic!

Looking for the original style bumper it use to have. Looking to buy asap.
Old 12-16-2015, 07:38 AM   #30
bladetech8
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (32)
bladetech8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
At least its now in good hands.. Sad to see how far that S14 has fallen, time to pick her up!
bladetech8 is offline   Reply With Quote