Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 07-29-2016, 01:07 PM   #511
MJenkins1101
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
MJenkins1101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Do you not have insurance?
You would be far better off, in the long run, not using your insurance for this. I'm not intimately familiar with the Laws in Illinois but in Texas filling a $1,000 claim means your rate is going up, for 3 to 5 years depending on the company.
MJenkins1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2016, 01:53 PM   #512
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJenkins1101 View Post
You would be far better off, in the long run, not using your insurance for this. I'm not intimately familiar with the Laws in Illinois but in Texas filling a $1,000 claim means your rate is going up, for 3 to 5 years depending on the company.

Get a better insurance company.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 03:38 PM   #513
MJenkins1101
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (9)
MJenkins1101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Get a better insurance company.
That's not any one specific company. Texas law says companies can raise your rate if you have an at fault claim over $1,000. Some companies aren't as bad about the small differences as others, but for the most part you file a claim for $1,000 your rate goes up. Reason being, someone who is willing to file such a small claim will most likely file small claims more frequently. Insurance companies don't want to deal with the small stuff that you should be able to take care of on your own (hence deductibles).
MJenkins1101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 08:29 AM   #514
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Goofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Well car is repaired, ended up saving the original fender for a great price. End result came out great. Here's a snap with the new front lip + side splitters

Goofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 09:57 AM   #515
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Well I haven’t been on Zilvia in a minute and this thread is very dead, but I thought maybe I would revive it with my LSB E46 that I’ve been tweaking for a while now. Schrick 288/280 cams, stepped catless headers, 330+ whp. I’m about to rebuild and re-valve the bilstein PSS9s and switch to linear swift springs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 05:25 PM   #516
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Updated paint on my widebody.

I had a SC sitting in the garage ready to install but since I was bad and maxed out my credit card I punished myself by selling the SC to pay off the debt..
Hopefully I learn my lesson .lol