Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:09 PM   #31
XxHybridx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (17)
XxHybridx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Bumping this shit. Car started doing the same thing as to others. Didn't wanna make a new thread. So basically my problem is a tad bit different. I can rev past 3000 if I'm parked in neutral. But in gear it starts to bog. Won't go past 3000. This happened on the way to work right now so I haven't got a chance to look at it yet. ALSO, yesterday some street to get to my house was a little flooded so had to get my car in there.(nothing too had tho). Not sure if it's by chance that it happened today or not? Gonna go unplug my maf sensor and see what it does on my lunch break. The basic steps seems like, maf wiring > maf sensor > fuel delivery?? Oh and it's a KADE. All stock. 1993.

Last edited by XxHybridx; 10-12-2012 at 02:07 PM..
XxHybridx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2012, 07:58 PM   #32
XxHybridx
Zilvia Junkie

XxHybridx is an unknown quantity at this point
Ok..so after work my car worked fine what the fuck -.- went and put some gas. Should I be worried or what. Thinking of changing the maf sensor anyways.
XxHybridx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 02:17 AM   #33
blades13.5
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
blades13.5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Thanks guys. Previous to reading this, I bought a zT-2 wideband O2(not hooked up) AEM Ems(not hooked up), Went through 2 sets of injectors, 3 MAF's, 2 fuel pumps and thousands of dollars at a shop to try and get my car running right(before i bought the ems, and the wideband.) anyways, I bought some 370cc injectors, am in the works of trading my tuned ECU for a stock ecu right now and plan on running with either an OEM O2 sensor(which i dont have yet, but i figure will eliminate more variables on my capabilities) or the wideband.

P.s. not a whole lot of money atm because of a move across country for my wife an I which is why I'm trying to see if i can get her fixed(the car) before winter which is why I dont just get the wideband/Ems tuned + sensors installed.

That fuel pressure listed above sounds exactly like one of my issues as I have Zero acceleration as well on top of my engine running rich and my engine's oil being mixed with Gas. I'm refilling with all mew fluids, and I just bought a Datascan tool as well as someone earlier suggested. Planning on getting this done Right, for the last time.

Heres my list of problems with my solution.

Lack of acceleration
Fuel pressure -> datascan/ Wideband
O2 sensor -> Wideband/ purchase new
MAF -> Datascan/wideband - clean.
Tune -> For now OEM Ecu dont have to worry about tuning
Clutch Slip -> New Clutch
TPS -> backup one

What do you guys think?
Old 10-14-2012, 03:43 AM   #34
WERDdabuilder
Post Whore!

WERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfectionWERDdabuilder is close to perfection
i probably dont know wtf im talking about but my friend had this exact problem. i believe it was due to a bad coil pack. changed it and ran perfectly fine after.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:22 AM   #35
s13_chris93
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
s13_chris93 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
bumping this again. my car wont rev past 2k rpm it just bogs. tried unplugging the maf and the car didnt die. tried cleaning the maf sensor. didnt work. any suggestions?
s13_chris93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 10:41 AM   #36
ultimateirving
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
ultimateirving is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13_chris93 View Post
bumping this again. my car wont rev past 2k rpm it just bogs. tried unplugging the maf and the car didnt die. tried cleaning the maf sensor. didnt work. any suggestions?
The fact that nothing changes when you unplugged the maf could point to faulty wiring or a bad sensor entirely.
Old 03-18-2016, 01:56 AM   #37
BasedOMG

Trader Rating: (0)
BasedOMG is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bump
Car will rev past 3k in neutral but once in gear its like I have to keep the clutch in a tiny bit and baby the gas or else the car will bog. I turn off the car for a while and then it works fine for like 10 minutes of driving. Wondering if its the TPS

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
BasedOMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 01:10 PM   #38
cotbu
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
cotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nicecotbu is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
There's no need to bump the thread with descriptions of the same problem.
Especially if you haven't done anything to fix your issue. Pull codes!
No codes then its not a sensor issue.
Could be fuel or fuel pump. Timing is going to be jacked have you checked that.
Or just post
Tell me how to fix my car!
Or would you rather have people quote the same suggestions that you should have read like I did.

LoverTechnologies "Half Broken Things!"
cotbu is offline   Reply With Quote