Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 06-17-2015, 02:15 AM   #31
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
JIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Nothing new to update about the car as I am in Japan right now but I got a cool story. I went out for my first day at the local track (Hadashi Tengoku). I was given a stock R32 GTST coupe which had coilovers. At the end of the day, I placed my GoPro on the windshield so that I could finished the last 5-10 mins of my day. Well about 4 mins into that session, I flip the R32.

VIDEO LINK HERE
TX Crash King

Stupid me didnt have a helmet, cage or seatbelt. I wound up have to large cuts on my back from when the car landed on its roof and I fell on the sunroof then skidded on the ground. Had to go to the hospital and get stitches. Thankfully Im ok and now have a cool story.

Plan is the car will have the roof cut off and install a cage so the car can still be drifted.

https://jyw0rld.wordpress.com/
Old 06-17-2015, 07:11 AM   #32
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Stay safe OP

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 08:09 AM   #33
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Glad your head didn't get caved in bruv.
Old 06-17-2015, 08:47 AM   #34
Apex Eight
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
Apex Eight is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
This shit is getting too gnar flipping Skylines and shit
Apex Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 11:21 AM   #35
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
That flip came out of nowhere.
Old 06-17-2015, 07:32 PM   #36
xpinoyxmk
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
xpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura aboutxpinoyxmk has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
That track is in south Japan correct?

Sucks about flipping the gtst.

If you're still in Japan, I know there are events at Fuji, Nikko, Honjo, and Mobara in July. I'll probably be at one or two of them in my 180sx.
xpinoyxmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 07:41 PM   #37
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
Battle scars....
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 05:05 AM   #38
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

JIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Stay safe OP
Will do COB

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
Glad your head didn't get caved in bruv.
Yeah, I already broke my head once and I didnt need to do it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Eight View Post
This shit is getting too gnar flipping Skylines and shit
Too Turnt Alert!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIXziuR View Post
That flip came out of nowhere.
Pretty much :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpinoyxmk View Post
That track is in south Japan correct?

Sucks about flipping the gtst.

If you're still in Japan, I know there are events at Fuji, Nikko, Honjo, and Mobara in July. I'll probably be at one or two of them in my 180sx.
Yeah the track is south of Iwakuni. Ill be leaving the beginning of July to get back to Texas or else I would be done

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAWGarage View Post
Battle scars....
Blood, Sweat and Gears
Old 06-18-2015, 05:25 AM   #39
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Pretty sure I just started following you in IG today lol. I loved the pictures of your S13 that would pop up from time to time. I have the same view/mindset as you when it comes to my S13. Trying to get stationed in Japan next!
Old 07-02-2015, 03:38 AM   #40
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Ok, so my time in Japan is coming to a close so I decided I needed to start shipping stuff I bought back to Texas.

I bought a cool Bride Tuning pad at UpGarage.

Also picked up a Blitz BOV at UpGarage today.

Was searching through the auctions to see if I could get any wheels before I left. Came across these and won the auction for $382. Before anyone asks, they are 17x9 +32. IMO they are a great size for my R32 without having to do anything to the fenders.

The last auction item. I always wanted a vented hood. I wanted one when I was building the S13 but never got around to it. I asked GTR Garage if they could ship it for me and they said they could, so I bought it. Really pumped on this purchase.

The R32 that I flipped at Hadashi Tengoku will be brought in so that it can be stripped of parts. I think im going to try to get some little things from that car to replace things in my R32. I also will probably take the turbo, elbow and downpipe as I believe my turbo is going bad. Plus I still have the stock elbow and downpipe where the car being stripped has both aftermarket elbow and downpipe.
Old 10-01-2015, 05:11 PM   #41
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Time to catch up....Came back from Japan to get ready for Final Bout 2. The hood nor the aero showed up for Final Bout so I pulled some tricks out of my ass to get a GTR hood and BN Sports aero. Final Bout was a blast! I drove the R32 over 3000 miles there and back. No Trailer. Broke the subframe and had to get it welded so I could drive home. No regrets. I got to hangout with all my friends and meet new ones!

BH Approved!

MY BFF CAMRYONBRONZE!!!

So now that most of the drift season is over, its time to start changing things up for next season....
Old 10-01-2015, 06:09 PM   #42
s13rhdhatch
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (15)
s13rhdhatch is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
When your new hood comes in would you wanna sell your oem one?
s13rhdhatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 10:37 AM   #43
TurboTiger
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
TurboTiger is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Definitely following this build.

Just took a look at your blog. I guess I know what I'm doing for the next hour or so.
TurboTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 11:47 AM   #44
Hatemy7
Zilvia FREAK!

Hatemy7 is an unknown quantity at this point
this is awesome stuff! ive also lived in japan for a bit. Its very easy to flip cars lol.
Hatemy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 12:48 AM   #45
1988montecarloss
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
love reading the stories behind the cars i ogle on Instagram haha

how tough is it communicating/getting around in Japan with the whole different language thing?
Old 10-05-2015, 05:21 AM   #46
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Ah I thought you have a thread on there, but I wasn't too sure. So when does your new hood arrive?

PS your blog had made my business meetings, a heck of a lot better...

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 07:23 AM   #47
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
~bffs4eva~

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 10-05-2015, 07:51 AM   #48
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
Definitely following this build.

Just took a look at your blog. I guess I know what I'm doing for the next hour or so.
Thank for looking! I hope you enjoyed your visit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatemy7 View Post
this is awesome stuff! ive also lived in japan for a bit. Its very easy to flip cars lol.
Well im glad to hear that! I thought I flipped the car because I sucked a driving lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1988montecarloss View Post
love reading the stories behind the cars i ogle on Instagram haha

how tough is it communicating/getting around in Japan with the whole different language thing?
It wasnt hard at all. Japan is amazing and with everyone having a smart phone, Google Translate helps alot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky_ab View Post
Ah I thought you have a thread on there, but I wasn't too sure. So when does your new hood arrive?

PS your blog had made my business meetings, a heck of a lot better...
The hood is never arriving because I asked for a refund as it did not arrive in time for Final Bout. Maybe one day ill try again but for now Ill stick to the GTR hood.

Quote:
~bffs4eva~

So im still looking for a S14 subframe so that I can order the conversion bushings. Thinking about getting all new bushings for the rest of the arms so the rear end will feel refreshed for next season.

After the rear subframe is replaced, ill move on to some power upgrades...I think.
Old 12-11-2015, 07:03 PM   #49
BOXCAR
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
BOXCAR is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Hey Jimmy!!!
BOXCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 10:58 PM   #50
dorkjoey240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
dorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nicedorkjoey240 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dorkjoey240
really sweet skyline!
Old 12-14-2015, 07:24 AM   #51
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Hi Jimmy!!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 12-14-2015, 08:05 AM   #52
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOXCAR View Post
Hey Jimmy!!!
Quote:
Hi Jimmy!!
Hey Guys!

So I got a hold of a S14 subframe. Swapped it in with some Stance subframe conversion bushings along with some solid diff bushings. Car feels a whole lot better. Finished up the swap recently and went to a practice day.

Old 12-21-2015, 12:58 PM   #53
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Found some more pictures from the event. I got one more event before the year ends then I'll start buying some new stuff for the skyline.

Old 12-21-2015, 01:54 PM   #54
corby_baby
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
corby_baby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
cool car dood
corby_baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 06:34 PM   #55
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMB0 View Post
I got one more event before the year ends then I'll start buying some new stuff for the skyline.

Old 01-18-2016, 07:03 AM   #56
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Ordered all my parts this weekend so i should have more updates by next week!
Old 01-27-2016, 08:30 AM   #57
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

This year for the car, I wanted to put a little pep in my step. I set a budget and figured out what I could work with so that I could get ready for this year’s drift season.

Decided to go with a RB25 turbo instead of some fancy Garrett or HKS model. I got this turbo in a trade when I traded the CX Racing GT35 that came with the S13 I was parting out.

I’ll swap over the actuator from the RB20 turbo so that this one will run at 10PSI.

I am waiting to switch up my gauges and since my Koyo radiator has an outlet for a water temp sensor, I am needing to replace my cut upper radiator hose to get rid of the water temp sensor adaptor.

Next up is my rear toe arms. Since swapping in the S14 subframe, I’ve lost some adjustability since I’m using mostly all stock S14 arms. Went with SPC since they have the “bent style” arm for lowered cars and were decently priced.

Since the turbo was being upgraded, the factory SMIC wasn’t going to work as efficient anymore. I had bought an ISIS intercooler but could never find piping for it so I just bought another intercooler kit.

With installing the turbo, I needed new gaskets and went ahead with SS Turbo lines. It will make install a little easier.

The car is still using the factory turbo elbow and downpipe. I wanted to make the exhaust louder so I went with a screamer elbow and 3″ downpipe.

The fuel pump is pretty loud in the skyline when is it priming. Not sure if it’s factory or aftermarket but I went ahead and got a Walbro 255 just in case. Nothing special here.

To go with the theme of making loud noises, I purchased a Blitz BOV back in Japan during the summer but on the skyline, you have to have an adapter to make it fit.

Yesterday, I was speaking with Billy Sutton and he instructed me to wait on the RB25 turbo install until I score some GTR injectors along with a tune. So I’ll hold off on the turbo install but will still install the elbow, downpipe, FMIC, radiator hoses, fuel pump and BOV.
Old 01-27-2016, 11:01 PM   #58
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Will the turbo (and the accompany mods) be on for the start of your season?

Old 01-28-2016, 01:50 AM   #59
jdmjimmy
Leaky Injector

jdmjimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
This is all kinds of awesome. life looks pretty decent there lol
jdmjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 02:25 AM   #60
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Late To The Party By A Whole Generation

Quits job, does multiple drift events including a Japan trip. Man I wish!

PS what's your Instagram?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote