Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-23-2018, 05:58 PM   #1
kyral
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
kyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nice
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
ka24de misfires under throttle

So my s13 KA misfires when you push the throttle. it misses in neutral and in gear but if you are ever so gentle you can drive the car around and it will idle and cruise just fine no issues its only when you hit the throttle that it misses and like I said if you are very gentle it will accelerate without a miss

im thinking its the maf sensor the tps symptoms don't really seem to line up with the issues im having

the car is like new everything
new plugs
wires
distributor
ignition coil
ignitier chip
injectors have been checked multiple times and have been either replaced or flip flopped around all ohm at 10.8 and click open and closed with 12v
fuel pump primes like nobodies business
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2018, 08:02 PM   #2
cerealwars
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
cerealwars is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Reset your base idle and timing, follow the steps in the FSM. There's an entire troubleshooting guide in there to help you diagnose driveability issues.
Old 04-23-2018, 08:46 PM   #3
kyral
Zilvia Junkie

kyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nice
Just found it in Engine fuel and Emission Controls

so i pulled the code 43 which is tps code
and the FSM says that if the TPS is bad it will default and run without the sensors inputs
so i unplugged the TPS and the car does the exact same thing no change what so ever

Dont think its the maf cause un plugged it still misses like hell under throttle under 2400 rpms

Last edited by kyral; 05-05-2018 at 11:34 AM..
kyral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 11:37 AM   #4
kyral
Zilvia Junkie

So I just replaced the ecu, the TPS, and checked the fuel pressure again and its 40psi, 45 psi while priming. and it scales whith the throttle while running up to 48-50 psi which seems correct
also ive double checked my injectors they are all working
I have no idea whats going on everything is new or has been swapped with known good parts but mostly its all new.
only thing that hasn't been swapped or is not new is maf and I ordered that the other day but I don't have very high hopes for it
Old 05-05-2018, 11:47 AM   #5
anthony_240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
anthony_240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Dam dude I’m having the exact same issue ... lmk if that maf helps out. I’m waiting for mine to come in as well ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
anthony_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 12:51 PM   #6
kyral
Zilvia Junkie

Im also replacing the "ignition resistor condenser"

part # 28351-89901
Old 05-06-2018, 01:27 PM   #7
anthony_240
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
anthony_240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Just checked mine, my dmm came in, and found it was my TPS... also since I had purchased a really cheap knock sensor I decided to replace it ... all good now man. Good luck... make sure your are testing parts before replacing.

anthony_240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 03:59 PM   #8
kyral
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony_240 View Post
Just checked mine, my dmm came in, and found it was my TPS... also since I had purchased a really cheap knock sensor I decided to replace it ... all good now man. Good luck... make sure your are testing parts before replacing.

Checked the wires and the tps sensor. sensor is good and so are all 3 wires going to it
I put my old plugs in and regapped them down from 42 to like 37 -38 and i think the car ran better.
im gonna gap them down to like 32 and see what happens
someone told me nissans like tighter than factory gaps

tighter gap didn't help
I did how ever switch to platinum plugs when I changed my coolant temp sensor and now my car went from running at maybe 20% to running at 90% but I still have a little hiccups when I rev but I don't know if it was the plugs or the sensor so im testing the coolant temp sensor wires tonight

Last edited by kyral; 05-12-2018 at 05:49 PM..
kyral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 09:14 AM   #9
kyral
Zilvia Junkie

PROBLEM SOLVED
it was a faulty reman distributor from or favorite reman company who is known for this
literally the first part i changed 3 months ago
Old 06-20-2018, 11:05 PM   #10
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Wykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyral View Post
PROBLEM SOLVED
it was a faulty reman distributor from or favorite reman company who is known for this
literally the first part i changed 3 months ago
What company is that?
Old 06-22-2018, 09:01 AM   #11
kyral
Zilvia Junkie

A1 cardone
the distributor was failure out of the box and didnt even work correctly for a second not even one revs worth of functionality out of the box. piss me off