Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 05-31-2017, 07:25 AM   #1
LongGrain
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
LongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfectionLongGrain is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
S14SR forgot how to turbo. Help needed.

Hey dudes, long time no post. I'm trying to help my friend figure out a problem we're having with his SR. We were driving at an event on Sunday and all of the sudden his car decided it didn't want to be turbo anymore and just started running NA.. I've searched and came up with threads with the same problem but all seemed to end up being a problem we don't have.

Engine setup:
Stock s14sr
High/mid mount intercooler
3" downpipe
Tomei poncam
Ran perfect one lap, then just decided to be NA the next
Runs GREAT, and is totally drivable and normal sounding, aside from not having the power it should.

Things I've checked:
Wastegate actuator (and replaced it with a new one.. no change)
Wastegate - flapper and door are present and move freely
Compressor and turbine wheels are both present and spin together (shaft not snapped or anything)
Turbo has a little shaft play since its old, but nothing that would condemn it.
Turbo IS spinning just fine with the engine running, you can hear it doing its thing
Blow off valve opens and closes properly
Wastegate is closed and has tension on it
All piping/hoses are hooked up, no boost/vacuum leaks that I have found
Haven't talen the turbo off to inspect for exhaust leaks pre-turbo, but all hardware is tight and the gaskets were all new recently.
Cam and ignition timing were done recently and should still be fine
AFR's were good both before and after it started having this issue.

I'm completely stumped. If you have any insight as to why it wouldn't make any boost, I'd love to hear it.
LongGrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links