Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > USA > South Western States

South Western States Arizona, California, Hawaii, and Nevada.

Old 08-20-2018, 09:39 PM   #1
89 Clicquot

Trader Rating: (0)
89 Clicquot is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Needing assistance for engine swap in bay area!

Hey guys, I'm going to get a rebuilt KA24E engine soon and I need to see if there are any shops or local 240 guys that do a great job and are affordable at swapping out my old one for the new one, around the bay area, preferably in San Francisco or around the peninsula. I got quoted from a reputable shop I've been going to lately and they told me for the swap they'll charge me $1700 which i think is insane! 10 years ago i bought a dual cam because my previous dual cam blew up and the shop that i took it to charge me $500 bucks and they were a great shop who did a great job but they closed recently. So have the prices changed in 10 years or something? Or is that what swaps are going for now? Sorry I've been out of the 240 game for 10 years, back now because i just bought one again, and i just need some help finding people that are great for working on these fun cars.
89 Clicquot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2018, 09:05 PM   #2
drfftn
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
drfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond reputedrfftn has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'm guessing you're just swapping out your old KA24E for a rebuilt one? That's a simple job that would only take a day. Do you have a place to do it at on your own and just lacking the tools and skill?

I'm in the bay and I could possibly help.
drfftn is offline   Reply With Quote