Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-18-2018, 09:04 PM   #1
GAWMAF

Trader Rating: (0)
GAWMAF can only hope to improveGAWMAF can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Reputable Brands

Kind of new to modifying 240's, what are some reputable brands for aftermarket parts? Especially exhaust, engine and exterior mods
GAWMAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2018, 09:40 PM   #2
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
come on bro do some research
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 10:23 PM   #3
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAWMAF View Post
Kind of new to modifying 240's, what are some reputable brands for aftermarket parts? Especially exhaust, engine and exterior mods
tomei,

learn more about the engine you want and that should put you in a good place to figure out what parts are necessary and then from there research and read reviews.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 10:29 PM   #4
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
ISIS, not that ISR crap.
Old 08-18-2018, 11:24 PM   #5
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
ISR #1 best for job
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 08:07 AM   #6
RedSled
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (3)
RedSled is making his/her stupidity well-knownRedSled is making his/her stupidity well-knownRedSled is making his/her stupidity well-knownRedSled is making his/her stupidity well-knownRedSled is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAWMAF View Post
Good reputable brands will be like nike, Coca Cola , adidas , McDonald's just to name a few and well a good place to shop at reasonable prices will be walmart and just check the outlets
RedSled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 08:17 AM   #7
blkvrtswp
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
blkvrtswp is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Avoid eBay, check major retailers like FR Sport and Enjuku and 240sx Motoring. They have cheap brands that are not total junk like found on eBay.

No name suspension is a really bad idea, and for any moving engine parts like turbo, injectors, fuel press regulator, boost controller - get yer wallet out and get better than junk copy quality or you will be sorry later.
blkvrtswp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 12:03 PM   #8
Judeasaurus

Judeasaurus is a well-known jackass
Gktech, Partsshopmax, and ISR are reliable imo.
Judeasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 11:21 PM   #9
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
Good brands:
Tomei
ARC
HKS
Blitz
Greddy
MSport
Nismo
DG-5
Sard
Tanabe
Do-Luck
Cusco
Ikeya Formula
SSR
Work
Bride
Koyo
Apex'i
Bee-R
Vertex
Varis
Voltex
Gargage Mak
Advan

Shity Brands:

ISR
Fortune Auto
Mishimoto
CX Racing
XXR
Duralast bodykits
VIS racing
Seibon carbon
ESR wheels
Varstoen wheels
Cosmis wheels
JNC wheels
Spec clutchs
Megan Racing
BC racing
Feal coilovers
Ksport
Megan racing
NRG
Grip Royal
Rocket bunny
Battle aero
ebay stuff
Corbeu seats
turboshoebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 12:09 AM   #10
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboshoebox View Post
Good brands:
Tomei
ARC
HKS
Blitz
Greddy
MSport
Nismo
DG-5
Sard
Tanabe
Do-Luck
Cusco
Ikeya Formula
SSR
Work
Bride
Koyo
Apex'i
Bee-R
Vertex
Varis
Voltex
Gargage Mak
Advan

Shity Brands:

ISR
Fortune Auto
Mishimoto
CX Racing
XXR
Duralast bodykits
VIS racing
Seibon carbon
ESR wheels
Varstoen wheels
Cosmis wheels
JNC wheels
Spec clutchs
Megan Racing
BC racing
Feal coilovers
Ksport
Megan racing
NRG
Grip Royal
Rocket bunny
Battle aero
ebay stuff
Corbeu seats
not all heroes wear capes
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 12:19 AM   #11
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Juucso is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Good brands:
Tomei
ARC
HKS
Blitz
Greddy
MSport
Nismo
DG-5
Sard
Tanabe
Do-Luck
Cusco
Ikeya Formula
SSR
Work
Bride
Koyo
Apex'i
Bee-R
Vertex
Varis
Voltex
Gargage Mak
Advan

Shity Brands:

ISR
Fortune Auto
Mishimoto
CX Racing
XXR
Duralast bodykits
VIS racing
Seibon carbon
ESR wheels
Varstoen wheels
Cosmis wheels
JNC wheels
Spec clutchs
Megan Racing
BC racing
Feal coilovers
Ksport
Megan racing
NRG
Grip Royal
Rocket bunny
Battle aero
ebay stuff
Corbeu seats

How the fuck is Rocket Bunny and BC racing shitty? They both make great products, BC must have the best coils in the 1000usd price range. Rocket Bunny fits really really nicely just like Vertex. Mishimoto makes good cooling products too.
Old 08-21-2018, 04:51 AM   #12
deadghost
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (21)
deadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the roughdeadghost is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juucso View Post
How the fuck is Rocket Bunny and BC racing shitty? They both make great products, BC must have the best coils in the 1000usd price range. Rocket Bunny fits really really nicely just like Vertex. Mishimoto makes good cooling products too.
eh... mishimoto and rocket bunny are shitty in my book

IG Holy_khal
deadghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 06:05 AM   #13
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawgarage View Post
not all weeaboos wear capes
Couldn’t agree more. I mean, that whole list is totally not outsourced to China or Taiwan.

*turboshoebox sniffs more Japanese farts, inhaling deeply*

As always, Feal is a point of contention. turboshoebox is obviously dick-riding all brands that claim to be JDM when there are clearly offenders in that list that have their shit made in China nowadays.

This is like the third time I’ve called him out about Feal and, as usual, I probably won’t get a reasoning other than ‘it’s not mentioned in any anime I’m watching or manga I’m reading.’

Oh and Nightrunner. Buy anything he stocks because, you know, he has a Type X now so that’s another cock to hop on.

Fuck I hate these cars.
Old 08-21-2018, 07:34 AM   #14
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
Couldn’t agree more. I mean, that whole list is totally not outsourced to China or Taiwan.

*turboshoebox sniffs more Japanese farts, inhaling deeply*

As always, Feal is a point of contention. turboshoebox is obviously dick-riding all brands that claim to be JDM when there are clearly offenders in that list that have their shit made in China nowadays.

This is like the third time I’ve called him out about Feal and, as usual, I probably won’t get a reasoning other than ‘it’s not mentioned in any anime I’m watching or manga I’m reading.’

Oh and Nightrunner. Buy anything he stocks because, you know, he has a Type X now so that’s another cock to hop on.

Fuck I hate these cars.

Don't hate the game, hate the players.
I think I'm one of the worst S13 lovers since I love anything that's radical and absurd. Sucks for you that the S-chassis is perfect for that kind of modification because the large scale of parts available.
Old 08-21-2018, 12:03 PM   #15
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
Rb is jdm but still complete ass
Old 08-21-2018, 12:19 PM   #16
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Rb is jdm but still complete ass
It's not ass. If you don't like it, it doesn't still make it ass. It's a nice quality brand and their parts fit nicely so what's the problem?
Old 08-21-2018, 12:26 PM   #17
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

You must be new here. Only someone who is a late comer to the 240 like the brand's of rb, bc and moshimoto.(see also isr, fortune auto,not as much not but Megan racing)

Its the brand's that are pushed the most thru forums, Google, online shops for the past 4 to 5 years or longer.

If one is new its the stuff u keep seeing. So naturally that's what ur gonna be partial too not knowing about all the other stuff
Old 08-21-2018, 12:42 PM   #18
slider2828
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Feal is owned, ran, and designed by Odi Bakchis. He builds suspension for competitive stadium trucks and stuff? Still not legit?
Old 08-21-2018, 12:55 PM   #19
Juucso
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
You must be new here. Only someone who is a late comer to the 240 like the brand's of rb, bc and moshimoto.(see also isr, fortune auto,not as much not but Megan racing)

Its the brand's that are pushed the most thru forums, Google, online shops for the past 4 to 5 years or longer.

If one is new its the stuff u keep seeing. So naturally that's what ur gonna be partial too not knowing about all the other stuff

I am not "new" to the S-Chassis scene. Rocket Bunny is overplayed etc.. I get it, but it does not make it "shitty" brand. J-P fiberglass is shitty...

I've spent way too much time doing research on S13 parts and every day, I still see something new. I am not a master, but not a newbie either.
Old 08-21-2018, 01:20 PM   #20
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
funny thing is... ive run a Mishimoto radiator in my daily driven Protege5 for 2 summers now here in Vegas along with a colder Mishimoto thermostat. ZERO ISSUES!

ive run Fortune Auto coilovers in my S13 for almost 5 years now (good 3 years of that, they were daily driven)... again, ZERO ISSUES!

ive run Megan rear adjustable lateral arms and trailing arms in my Protege5 for almost 2 years now, again, daily driven... wait for it, ZERO ISSUES!

not sure how people formulate their opinions at times, but saying "shitty brands" is kind of an assumption based in personal beliefs, internet jargon and hearsay.

unless youre trying to build some kind of track beast... brands like Megan, Circuit Sports, P2M, Fortune Auto etc etc offer affordable and decent suspension solutions. not everyone wants or even NEEDS to go out and blow $4000-$5000 on a suspension setup.

in terms of aero parts though, i would recommend to stay away from brands like DuraFlex, no name ebay sellers, JPFiberglass etc who offer super cheap parts. if you want parts that fit and are extremely durable, you can run my stuff (DorkiDori), Shine Auto Project, KBD or any of the older (whats left of them) brands from Japan like Rocket Bunny, Vertex, Instant Gentleman etc. cheap aero parts are cheap for a reason... they tend to fit like shit, are loaded with filler instead of fibers (which makes the parts stiff and easily breakable), have zero quality control, and youll spend more money at the body shop with them having to fix the problems instead of spending the money up front and buying quality aero.

in terms of wheels, again, unless youre building a track beast or trying to score cool points on the interwebs, cheaper cast wheels like Rota, XXR, Cosmis etc will work fine... just be forewarned though, THEIR WHEELS ARE HEAVY!!! and they are prone to cracking or breaking if enough impact is had to the wheel. if youre just driving around, youll be fine. but if youre looking to go the route of higher quality with wheels... Work, Rays, Advan etc are amazing. if youd like to find some quality wheels much cheaper (they may require a bit of restoration work), hit up Yahoo Auctions Japan and utilize their Buyee serivce... or go find yourself an importer to bring the wheels over.

honestly, its your car... spend the the money where you see fit. HOWEVER, i highly recommend you dont skip out on buying cheap parts where you really should just save your money and do it right the first time... ESPECIALLY WITH ENGINE PARTS!!! the bulk of people left on Zilvia tend to be a little jaded and opinionated because theyve been in the scene a long time... however, not everyones opinion is a good one.

just as the saying goes in anything in life... you get what you pay for! just keep that in mind when looking for parts. if the parts are priced dirt ass cheap, then youre going to get something that is junk. if the parts are priced in the mid range, youll get something decent. if the price is skyhigh, well... start saving your money cause quality doesnt come cheap!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 02:22 PM   #21
slider2828
Post Whore!

slider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfectionslider2828 is close to perfection
That is true man^^.... I am still running megans with swift springs and with needle bearing perches.... Feels awesome....

But then I blew up my 3rd engine. Just saying things happen and like what smart people say, don't buy outside your means....

The fakist brands (most fake) are people buying on credit.... Just don't get into debt and all good.
Old 08-21-2018, 02:41 PM   #22
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
sick Brands, yo:

ISR
Fortune Auto
Mishimoto
CX Racing
XXR
Duralast bodykits
VIS racing
Seibon carbon
ESR wheels
Varstoen wheels
Cosmis wheels
JNC wheels
Spec clutchs
Megan Racing
BC racing
Feal coilovers
Ksport
Megan racing
NRG
Grip Royal
Rocket bunny
Battle aero
ebay stuff
Corbeu seats
I fixed this
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 03:28 PM   #23
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

Street car or track car u would want the best of the best. Breaking down in traffic is way more dangerous
Old 08-21-2018, 03:43 PM   #24
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Wait wait wait wait wait... People are shitting on Fortune Auto now?

wtf
Old 08-21-2018, 03:45 PM   #25
slider2828
Post Whore!

Fortune auto better than megan or bc.... same grade as PBM?
Old 08-21-2018, 03:57 PM   #26
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
Wait wait wait wait wait... People are shitting on Fortune Auto now?

wtf
I always shited on fortune auto. Just some shit red nexk company from the south that a bunch of people bought into their marketing when in reality just another china brand or taiwan
Old 08-21-2018, 04:10 PM   #27
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Speaking from experience you'll always see OGs shitting on new brands that come in the scene.

The reason we do that is that we were the seed round of funding/R&D for these brands. Megan had little to no QC over their early products. Heim joints would fail and lose their tension. The aluminum arms would crack/break the threaded sections would rust. Buyer and skeptics alike would all say: "What did you expect? It's cheap." And swear to never buy it again or buy it again knowing we would replace it relatively soon.

Juusco, you're 19. You're still very new to the scene especially for guys that have been into these cars since the 90s,00s etc.

Your ideal build is much different from the guys that still idolize the 2000s of drifting, doriten, option video etc. and it always will be. No matter what this will always be an issue of contention between your peers and mine.

The sooner you accept that the sooner you'll be able to shrug off those disagreements and move on with your life. Do it while you're young. You won't change these old dogs.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 06:31 PM   #28
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
^^^ There's no evidence to suggest turboshoebox is 'an old dog' and not just a weeb in disguise trying to make it appear like he's an 'old hand'.

I think my main assertion here is that this guy is always quick to throw out MaD tYte JdM brands but can't back any shit up about his claims.

I'll ask turboshoebox again: what experience have you had with Feal (or any other name people are defending) that led you to your statement? If Feal changed their name to Tachibana or Kazuo would you say they were 'reputable' because the fucking name is Japanese?

Dick jockey, please hop off the dick long enough to answer.
Old 08-21-2018, 09:47 PM   #29
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

I don't know why you keep bringing anime in this conversation. I don't watch anime and cars aren't related to anime.

You seem to also have a hard on for Feal suspension. First off it's clearly and obvious name brand trying to sound JDM by calling it Feal instead of Zeal.

Also It's some another cheap chinese suspension driven by a dog in a drifting series called FD aka the special Olympics of drifting.

Mishomoto is another garbage ass company trying to sound Japanese but just more stuff from China. Broken water necks, etc seems to be the norm.

Forgot to add another few more legit companies to the list:

Hypertune from Austrailla
Full Race
Maxworxz
Old 08-21-2018, 09:59 PM   #30
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I just came from a thread where someone proudly rocks a mishi IC with a huge logo painted on it. Funny how that's become normal.