Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-05-2012, 12:02 PM   #1
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Cool-spec braces

Hello,
Let us rejoice and compile a list of only the fanciest, most rigid, and quirkiest braces offered for our automobiles. Gotta catch 'em all!

As far as basic strut tower bars go, I think the DC Sports ones are the best, simply because they are one-piece, plus they look cool.

GTSpec bars are also neat, but I especially enjoy their trunk and C-pillar braces.

Wish they would make their fender brace for an S13 as well.

Ultra Racing makes some fancy things that no one else does.

I wonder if the Ultra Racing strut/trunk brace would fit if I also want to use the GTSpec trunk brace.

Moonface roof brace, unfortunately for non-sunroof S13/S14 only.

Then of course the Miracle Cross Bar.

Cusco triangle.

Post up any other cool ones please, I am deciding on which ones to waste money on.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2012, 12:22 PM   #2
landins13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
landins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
DO-LUCK Floor Support Bar - Steel Nissan
Old 04-05-2012, 12:46 PM   #3
leung
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (73)
leung is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Carbing one piece aluminum SB with BMC stopper

S13 Tomei 3 point strut bar

Great thread
leung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:51 PM   #4
smellslikecurry
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (33)
smellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfectionsmellslikecurry is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
just picked up one of these uras floor bars

mounts like the do luck bar seen here:

and how can we forget the most awesome cool-spec brace:

Old 04-05-2012, 12:53 PM   #5
TougeSR20Kid
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
TougeSR20Kid has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
+1 for the DC sports strut bars, one piece for the win!

You forgot the nismo power brace, I rock it and like it... Dunno if its worth as much as some places are asking but still cool nonetheless

Nismo Power Brace for S13/S14 - Enjuku Racing Parts, LLC
Namaste mother f**ker
TougeSR20Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:07 PM   #6
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Nissan race shop has the Nismo Power Brace for like $205 Shipped.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:09 PM   #7
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
damn enjuku is charging fools gold for that shit lol it's like 100 bucks and some change at all of the nissan dealerships here.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:12 PM   #8
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Om1kron View Post
damn enjuku is charging fools gold for that shit lol it's like 100 bucks and some change at all of the nissan dealerships here.
prices have gone up on them in the last month or two...
Old 04-05-2012, 01:14 PM   #9
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

What ever happed to Jonnie Fraz with stealth custom fab?

Old 04-05-2012, 01:14 PM   #10
Matej
Post Whore!

Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
It seems that people with lowered cars always end up smashing the Power Brace into something, and it ends up causing more damage than good.
They should have made it with the connecting bar arched up to better clear obstacles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellslikecurry View Post
and how can we forget the most awesome cool-spec brace:

That is new to me!
Old 04-05-2012, 01:16 PM   #11
MadScientist
Zilvia.net Advertiser

MadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really niceMadScientist is just really nice
Do Luck Floor Support Bars

Do Luck Front/ Rear Ladder Bar

Nagisa Shakkito Plates

Cusco Side Pillar Bars

I have the DC Titanium in my EVO9MR... not big on DC but its Titanium.
MadScientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:20 PM   #12
Matej
Post Whore!

501 Works floor things.

Old 04-05-2012, 01:53 PM   #13
ILoveJDM
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (27)
ILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to beholdILoveJDM is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
uras frame rail extension for 180sx/silvia

Old 04-05-2012, 02:05 PM   #14
mestizo
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
mestizo is a jewel in the roughmestizo is a jewel in the roughmestizo is a jewel in the roughmestizo is a jewel in the roughmestizo is a jewel in the roughmestizo is a jewel in the roughmestizo is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
What ever happed to Jonnie Fraz with stealth custom fab?
Jonnie is still around and making braces, however we've had issues with getting the laser cut brackets in so production of parts is touch and go at the moment.

92 S13 Coupe Track Car
mestizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:36 PM   #15
kabukie
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
kabukie is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kabukie
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestizo View Post
Jonnie is still around and making braces, however we've had issues with getting the laser cut brackets in so production of parts is touch and go at the moment.

I've tried Pm-ing several times with no response? Looking for a Bolt in S13 Tension Brace. He still make those?
kabukie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:55 PM   #16
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
It seems that people with lowered cars always end up smashing the Power Brace into something, and it ends up causing more damage than good.
They should have made it with the connecting bar arched up to better clear obstacles.!
I wouldn't imagine it being any worse than my swaybar hitting things.

Anyways, a skid plate can help prevent that by covering it up.
Old 04-05-2012, 03:49 PM   #17
Matej
Post Whore!

A sway bar has some play to it at least, plus it is closer to the front wheels. I just use my sway bar as an oil pan protector. A skid plate is only another thing that sits even lower than everything else, and unless the heads of the mounting bolts are recessed somehow they usually shear which makes the plate a pain to get off.

Something similar to the Tanabe brace but arched up instead of forward would be neat.

I am not really too bothered about stiffening the front though.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:36 PM   #18
SomeoneWhoIsntMe
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
SomeoneWhoIsntMe is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
How could you forget the ebay special C-pillar brace?

SomeoneWhoIsntMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:40 PM   #19
Matej
Post Whore!

So far my plan is the DC Sports front strut bar, the Ultra Racing rear strut/trunk brace, and the GTSpec trunk and C-pillar braces. Hopefully the Ultra Racing brace will fit below the GTSpec one. If not, it will be tough deciding which one to get rid of.

Are these things still available, and did they really make a difference?
Old 04-05-2012, 07:18 PM   #20
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Just got a real Next Miracle Cross bar:

Cut the privacy cover:

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:37 PM   #21
boost
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
boost is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
i don't know about function or cool but it's more odd bracing you don't see often.

nismo and kts rear member braces

and

kts rear member support bars for toe and subframe

boost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:12 PM   #22
icedsole
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
icedsole is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
not a lot of people run the nagisa shakitto plates

here they are on my car, can feel and improvement and helps under hard braking too

i also had nagisa fender braces but i lost them somewhere before i got to install, so i think i am going to go with gt spec.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:49 PM   #23
va240dude
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (161)
va240dude is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 161 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabukie View Post
I've tried Pm-ing several times with no response? Looking for a Bolt in S13 Tension Brace. He still make those?
Yeah Johnnie is still making them as far as I know. He made me one end of last year. Took a while to get through to him, but when he did everything was perfect and I got it in no time. Fraz makes quality stuff, and I highly recommend him!
Old 04-05-2012, 09:05 PM   #24
Matej
Post Whore!

What strut bar is this?
Old 04-05-2012, 09:35 PM   #25
landins13
Zilvia Addict

landins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choiceslandins13 has made poor choices
you dont need to bump this thread.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:50 PM   #26
rat240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (87)
rat240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 87 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
So far my plan is the DC Sports front strut bar, the Ultra Racing rear strut/trunk brace, and the GTSpec trunk and C-pillar braces. Hopefully the Ultra Racing brace will fit below the GTSpec one. If not, it will be tough deciding which one to get rid of.

Are these things still available, and did they really make a difference?
those subframe bars make a huge difference if you don't have them already
rat240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:05 AM   #27
mestizo
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
mestizo is a jewel in the roughmestizo is a jewel in the roughmestizo is a jewel in the roughmestizo is a jewel in the roughmestizo is a jewel in the roughmestizo is a jewel in the roughmestizo is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabukie View Post
Yup still makes them... like I said just been on back order cuz of lack of brackets and end plates... but I will let him know that you're looking for that, we are currently in Long Beach for Formula Drift.

92 S13 Coupe Track Car
mestizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:30 AM   #28
joshchewuhh
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (56)
joshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfectionjoshchewuhh is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 56 reviews
Send a message via AIM to joshchewuhh
old school cusco strut bar.
joshchewuhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:03 AM   #29
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
so the rear subframe bars make a difference? really? hmmmmmmmmmm.
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:10 AM   #30
MidwestMyriad
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
MidwestMyriad is making a name for him/her selfMidwestMyriad is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 20 reviews