Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-10-2016, 01:00 PM   #1
rbpwrd240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (19)
rbpwrd240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Helping one of our own

I pulled this from the370Z site. Also was posted in the doing it wrong section.

http://www.the370z.com/nissan-370z-g...ealership.html

The dealers FB page.
https://www.facebook.com/ryannissanminot/reviews/

Seems most of what people do here is bitch at each other can we use our powers for good this time?
rbpwrd240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2016, 01:08 PM   #2
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
dealerships (and their service departments) are insured and bonded to ensure that if a customer's car is destroyed by the dealership doing service, the customer has the ability to file a claim and get reimbursed by the bonding/insurance agency. If it were me, I'd get a lawyer and file a claim, or if the dealership isn't bonded sue for the value of the car and court/legal costs.

Last edited by zombiewolf513; 06-10-2016 at 01:41 PM..
zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 01:45 PM   #3
rbpwrd240
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiewolf513 View Post
dealerships (and their service departments) are insured and bonded to ensure that if a customer's car is destroyed by the dealership doing service, the customer has the ability to file a claim and get reimbursed by the bonding/insurance agency. If it were me, I'd get a lawyer and file a claim, or if the dealership isn't bonded sue for the value of the car and court/legal costs.
Well after some searching it appears that one family owns all the dealerships in Minot ND so the person will need to go elsewhere for legal representation as he has already been pushed out of town by local lawyers.

Again, Noise here is the main goal. He needs to pursue legal action and he is but we would all like to see the dealership own up to this and make it right. That's the goal.

Its a shame that so many people are like o get a lawyer to get your shit fixed. What happened to just good bussines and good people. SMH Progress.
Old 06-10-2016, 02:11 PM   #4
XMcEvilson
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
XMcEvilson is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
oops he put aftermarket parts on it, those are probably what caused the fire.

jk
XMcEvilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 02:31 PM   #5
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
SoundEfx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
How exactly can we help?
Old 06-10-2016, 02:38 PM   #6
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbpwrd240 View Post
Again, Noise here is the main goal. He needs to pursue legal action and he is but we would all like to see the dealership own up to this and make it right. That's the goal.

Its a shame that so many people are like o get a lawyer to get your shit fixed. What happened to just good bussines and good people. SMH Progress.
Don't get me wrong, I applaud pursuing the route of pushing the dealer to own up to it. People are lazy and selfish and make mistakes; not addressing the mistake is a mistake. Taking a legal route gives OP's cause a level of legitimacy.

Although, at the end of the day, the person that's going to have to get the dealer to put money in his hand is OP. Unless people of the internet decide to pay him back when they hardly afford their own cars.
zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 03:52 PM   #7
rbpwrd240
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiewolf513 View Post
Don't get me wrong, I applaud pursuing the route of pushing the dealer to own up to it. People are lazy and selfish and make mistakes; not addressing the mistake is a mistake. Taking a legal route gives OP's cause a level of legitimacy.

Although, at the end of the day, the person that's going to have to get the dealer to put money in his hand is OP. Unless people of the internet decide to pay him back when they hardly afford their own cars.
He is actively involved Im trying to do my part.
Old 06-10-2016, 04:04 PM   #8
rbpwrd240
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundEfx View Post
How exactly can we help?

Well I posted the FB link to the dealer. They have a feed back rating same as google a 1 star feedback from 2000 people will probably get there attention.

Here is the deal for those not interested enough to read the 4 pages of the original thread.

A guy with a 370z added a turbo kit to his very new car. He noticed he had a break fluid leak and took it to the dealer. The dealer put a two mile joy ride on the car without cleaning the fluid and parked it back in the service station. The car caught fire. They put it out.

The amazing part is that when the car was taken to the dealer the owner was told he was lucky he even made it to the dealer without catching fire. Then an employee of the dealer ship went and drove the car further without cleaning up the fluid. After the joy ride the car was placed in the service station where it... Surprisingly, caught fire????

Dealer ship is not taking fault and insurance is involved and they are going after the dealership. Lawyers were attempted to retain but again its a small town where one family owns all the car dealerships and they probably already have half the lawyers on retainer in Minot, ND so no local lawyer would take the case.

The worst part here is the the owner is Military and Minot, ND is mostly there due to the base (atleast thats my understanding) and this dealership is going to screw this guy???? No, I dot think so. Also a service emloyee of the dealership sent harassing remarks to the owner after seeing the original thread. News outlets are being contacted etc. If you can help in anyway thats great. For now the easiest thing to do is go leave a poor 1 star feedback. If we can show enough support they will probably pickup the claim much easier.

Also Nissan of North America has been contacted and they did send a person to review the car. Currently Nissan of North America has taken no action.

Im not saying you have to help but if you care I would suggest reading the original thread and then deciding if you would like to help. For gods sake dont do it on my account or simply because of my opinions, thats just silly.
Old 06-10-2016, 05:41 PM   #9
rbpwrd240
Zilvia FREAK!

It is worth a chuckle to read the comments on their facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/ryannissanminot/reviews/

Owner gives more detail's.
Ok guys. Here is the skinny. The car was parked at the dealership at 0940. At 1000 I took a pic of my milage, which was 6029. 3-4 hours later the fire happened. They called me, but I missed the call as I was asleep. I called them back at around 1520. No answer. I called again around 1630. Finally at 1729 I received a call back and was told my car had caught fire. The service manager didn't have any details as to what happened other than there was a fire and he told me to call my insurance. I asked If they were going to fix it and he responded with, I don't think so, but the people who make that decision were gone for the day so I should call back the following day. I called my insurance immediately after the call from the dealership. The following day it three hours after my initial call for the service manager to get back to me.
Once he had called me back, the conversation went south. I asked if they were going to fix it
He said no. They aren't responsible because I signed a waiver. I replied with what waiver, as I don't recall ever being briefed on a waiver. He explained that the waiver protects them from theft or fire damage. I said, no sir that is not how this works, and he got hostile towards me. I told him i was going to call nissan corporate. He responded with, "I don't care, call the president."
Old 06-10-2016, 06:10 PM   #10
theStig880
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
theStig880 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
That sucks but I'm curious to hear the dealers side before 1 star reviewing some place I've never heard about. It sounds like some tech had a joy ride and the dealership is trying to save ass.

But seriously, how did they even get brake fluid to ignite? Shit doesn't burn until like 550 degrees F and it smokes like crazy before that. And its relatively slow to burn. If it happened on the lift, where the fuck was the fire extinguisher.
Old 06-10-2016, 10:20 PM   #11
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
Did my part
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 10:41 PM   #12
AnonymousBlackX
Leaky Injector

AnonymousBlackX is an unknown quantity at this point
did my part
Old 06-11-2016, 08:34 AM   #13
LKing

LKing is an unknown quantity at this point
Did my part

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-11-2016, 12:24 PM   #14
ixfxi
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by theStig880 View Post
That sucks but I'm curious to hear the dealers side before 1 star reviewing some place I've never heard about. It sounds like some tech had a joy ride and the dealership is trying to save ass.

But seriously, how did they even get brake fluid to ignite? Shit doesn't burn until like 550 degrees F and it smokes like crazy before that. And its relatively slow to burn. If it happened on the lift, where the fuck was the fire extinguisher.
I dont understand that either, brake fluid is not exactly the most combustible material out there.

A few things dont sit right with me:
- Guy has a turbo 370Z and cant fix a brake leak?
- Guy has a turbo 370Z and takes his car to the DEALER?

I dont care if the guy is military, that has nothing to do with the facts here. And as for the tech taking the car for a joy ride, its not a fucking joy ride - when you are a tech, you test things. In this case, the car being tested caught fire. So either it should not have been test driven, and in that case - the OWNER of the car should not have driven it in, he should have towed it.

I am not trying to take sides here, but some people think that techs get a kick out of driving cars, as if this is Buellers Day Off. Its your job to fix cars. Fixing cars requires driving them. Shit happens.

Personally, if I were the owner I would be pissed at myself for being stupid enough to own a modified turbo car that I drove to the dealer for service.
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 01:35 PM   #15
rbpwrd240
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawgarage View Post
Did my part

Thanks bro

and to all the others helping too.
Old 06-11-2016, 01:58 PM   #16
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

A guy with a 370z added a turbo kit to his very new car. He noticed he had a break fluid leak and took it to the dealer. The dealer put a two mile joy ride on the car without cleaning the fluid and parked it back in the service station. The car caught fire. They put it out.
I don't know if you know how mileage works, but 2 miles is hardly a joy ride (especially because it's 1 mile there and 1 mile back). Also, I don't see where the dealership is at fault. Is he saying that the 2 miles that they drove it caused a fire? Because it seems unlikely that someone would drive it two miles, park it, and it would just spontaneously combust...DUE TO BRAKE FLUID. But, whatevs.

Quote:
Dealer ship is not taking fault and insurance is involved and they are going after the dealership. Lawyers were attempted to retain but again its a small town where one family owns all the car dealerships and they probably already have half the lawyers on retainer in Minot, ND so no local lawyer would take the case.
So, it's not possible that nobody in town would take the case because it sounds ridiculous? They have to be on the tape? So, the entire TOWN has conspired against your buddy and his turbo Z? So, instead of spending the, at most 40k, they all decided to gather up their time and efforts to lock him out of what's "fair". PSCHHHHTTTTT BWAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Yeah. That's likely. You can probably find video of them takin a wiz in the car and then setting it on fire. lol.
Hopefully he doesn't besmirch the good name of the military with his questionable nonsense. Good luck to him though. HOOOAH!
Old 06-11-2016, 02:36 PM   #17
rbpwrd240
Zilvia FREAK!

I never said it was my buddy, I have no idea who he is for all I know he may deserve this injustice but as a service member and a Nissan guy I figured I would offer my hand as many others have seen fit to do as well.

If you guys aren't willing to read the original thread I'm not going to repost or retype it all here for you when there is a link right at the top of the thread. Many of your comments could have been answered by doing a little do diligence.

Dealership is liable as they were the ones that stated the car was a fire hazard not the owner. As for why he was at the dealer the car is apparently fairly new so he probably gets it serviced at the dealer. The dealership drove the car further after claiming it was a fire hazard. If this didnt cause the fire it definitely didn't help it. Where the fire came from hasn't been set in concrete as the dealership claims to not know how it started.

The key here is in the details, details we dont have as the dealership isnt answering any questions. Did they clean the fluid first? Did they drive it even 2 miles knowing it was a fire hazard and they didnt do anything to stop the issue before "test driving" the car? Does the test drive of a known fire hazard make them liable? How about if they didnt take care of the fire hazard first?

Now if you want to argue the facts thats fine but at least go read the original thread and figure them out before just causing more speculation.

In my opinion and the opinion of many other folks it appears to us a very easy judgment call. If its not that way for many of you thats fine it doesn't bother me at all and let me say now that this isn't a witch hunt its about doing the right thing for someone who fights for us to enjoy our freedoms. If you take the military issue out of the equation the its just about a business doing the right thing. That used to be enough and I hope it still is.

Also its good to point out that at least one of the techs in question visits Nissan boards. Im sure its not long until him or his friends find this and try to save his ass since his job is on the line due to the harassment issues he caused on another site toward the owner of the vehicle.

The Dealership is family owned and they own 4 other dealerships in Minot. Thats enough reason in a small town for lawyers not to take the case. The insurance company also agrees with the dealership being at fault as they are currently looking to go after the dealership with their lawyers. But this should be handled fast by the dealership. Their desire to brush this one under the carpet will hopefully cost them a lot more then if they would have just fixed the car. Which may happen now because if this goes to court they will be forced to get legal representation as a business and even a lawyer on retainer is going to be 500-1000 an hour once he is on the case.

From here I have done all I can and I eagerly await an end to see how the resolution comes out.
Old 06-11-2016, 02:44 PM   #18
rbpwrd240
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftsucky View Post
I don't know if you know how mileage works,

Hopefully he doesn't besmirch the good name of the military with his questionable nonsense.
Boy that first remark cracked me up. To clarify no i dont know how mileage works why dont you explain it to me. Tha'd crack me up.

As for him damaging the reputation of the military with his nonsense? I think you might be on your own with that. No body I have spoken to seems to think him wanting a fair and swift resolution is a poor look on our service members. As a matter of fact most seem to think its appropriate and inline with the values the military stands for and attempts to instill in all its members and their families for that matter.

But again pinions are our own and we all have them no matter how they measure up. Heck maybe Im the idiot here but there are a lot of people who would argue that. Not me though....
Old 06-11-2016, 04:01 PM   #19
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
A few things dont sit right with me:
- Guy has a turbo 370Z and cant fix a brake leak?
- Guy has a turbo 370Z and takes his car to the DEALER?
This is what seemed quite peculiar to me as well.
It is as if the guy installed a turbo kit getting in way over his head, and now his car is having issues and he does not know what to do, so he took it to a dealership to fix his mistakes.
I am surprised the dealership even accepted the car once they saw it was not in factory condition.

Hey guys, my car is having a leak so I want you to fix it, do not mind all these extra pipes and this turbo and hoses and these two bags of cement and packing peanuts I am storing in the engine bay to impede your work and make it extra unpleasant, just do your job.

Also, how does someone have over 51 000 posts on a 370Z forum? What is there to talk about?!
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 04:31 PM   #20
rbpwrd240
Zilvia FREAK!

Guessing you haven't seen this then.
https://blog.stillen.com/2011/01/fed...ding-warranty/

If I am a young guy in the military I can afford to buy acar and a turbo kit. Doesn't mean I still dont get the car serviced by the dealer while under warranty.
Old 06-11-2016, 04:34 PM   #21
corby_baby
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
corby_baby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Also, how does someone have over 51 000 posts on a 370Z forum? What is there to talk about?!
Spends too much time posting and not learning how to fix brake leaks
corby_baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 05:23 PM   #22
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
...let me say now that this isn't a witch hunt...

This thread absolutely is a witch hunt, asking strangers to slander the business without hearing their side of the story.

Quote:
Guessing you haven't seen this then.
https://blog.stillen.com/2011/01/fed...ding-warranty/

That Consumer Alert from the FTC is very loosely worded and likely refers to aftermarket replacement parts, such as collision and maintanence parts.
Aftermarket modified parts like cold air intakes and turbo kits that completely disregard the vehicle manufacturer's design and intent surely stand to void the vehicle's warranty.
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 05:40 PM   #23
Magnezee
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (28)
Magnezee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post

I am not trying to take sides here, but some people think that techs get a kick out of driving cars, as if this is Buellers Day Off. Its your job to fix cars. Fixing cars requires driving them. Shit happens.

Personally, if I were the owner I would be pissed at myself for being stupid enough to own a modified turbo car that I drove to the dealer for service.

Agree, if anything its porters who go "joy ride" usually young kids, making minimum wage, why not...right, faster than their own bucket, beside the point.

Don't chime in much but this hits close to home, here it goes.....

Personally, I deal with lemon law car's on a corporate level, if the customer goes to a dealer and they have a flash/tune ( at least with my brand(s) ), it gets registered when the vehicle gets scanned by the diagnostic scanner, they are now flagged, whatever dealership they go to, it will show up when running VIN and power train warranty is denied, even if the dealer tries to make power train repairs under warranty with the flag, the dealer will have to eat the cost, corporate will not pay for power train repairs, that's the risk with tuning these cars that are under factory warranty. Their car is still under warranty and the manufacturer will take care of items except power train due to that fact that they modified power train, power train is no longer within the manufacture specifications (at least with my brand(s)).

It varies from dealer-to-dealer, some mod "friendly" and will turn a blind eye to modifications while you put your ECU back to "stock" setting, while others not so much, its a big liability, I'm surprised they didn't show him the door when he walked in, IMHO.

Also, tech's have to road test and verify conerns/corrections, mileage in and mileage out have to be different, legal wise, in California, not road testing a car is a big no-no, we've had to buy car's back because although a tech road tested a car, the mileage wasn't noted, cross your T, dot your I, that repair order is a legal document. So if they stated that fire damaged is not their fault, he's out of luck. The car game is crazy.

Now, corporate and the dealership can agree to help this customer out, say, corporate supplies the parts at their cost (which is mad cheap) and dealer does labor at a discounted rate that they will charge corporate to keep the customer in the brand, very likely if the customer has a history with the brand.

I read that there's no lawyer in ND that will take his case, I kind of think its B/S, I'm sure he can find a lawyer, depending on what the repair order stated, its an uphill battle, a lawyer will take your money, win or lose, he'll find one.

Military or not, that shouldn't matter ... and this topic can open its own can of worms.

Advice... Hire this guy

LWYRUP

Magnezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 05:42 PM   #24
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
One of our own? I don't think so. Turbo'd 370z, needs the dealership to fix a brake leak. That's not how us 40 boyz roll son. We fix brake leaks with duct tape and zipties, fucking amateurs.
Old 06-11-2016, 06:42 PM   #25
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
To kinda piggyback off what Magnezee said.
Many moons ago when I worked at a Nissan dealer, I never saw or heard about any of the techs joy riding. They always gave the car a test drive, except for those that were there for an oil change. They logged mileage. If they got popped by the cops for acting stupid in a customer's car, they got fired. Best group of guys I've worked with. The sales guys were all assholes though. Now this was a smaller town dealership and about 15 years ago.
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 07:02 PM   #26
rbpwrd240
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by derass View Post
This thread absolutely is a witch hunt, asking strangers to slander the business without hearing their side of the story.
I never did any such thing.

Obviusly missed this in my post.
Im not saying you have to help but if you care I would suggest reading the original thread and then deciding if you would like to help. For gods sake dont do it on my account or simply because of my opinions, thats just silly.
Old 06-11-2016, 07:03 PM   #27
rbpwrd240
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
One of our own? I don't think so. Turbo'd 370z, needs the dealership to fix a brake leak. That's not how us 40 boyz roll son. We fix brake leaks with duct tape and zipties, fucking amateurs.

Again just my opinion but.... To me thats half of whats wrong with our particular group of enthusiast's.
Old 06-11-2016, 07:07 PM   #28
rbpwrd240
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by derass View Post
That Consumer Alert from the FTC is very loosely worded and likely refers to aftermarket replacement parts, such as collision and maintanence parts.
Aftermarket modified parts like cold air intakes and turbo kits that completely disregard the vehicle manufacturer's design and intent surely stand to void the vehicle's warranty.
This is speculation if your saying things such as likely or probably and not actual fact..

The consumer alert is clear as to what the dealer would have to prove. From there its a legal case but this was only to point out that the additional add ons dont limit dealer service work on a new vehicle and dont necessarily void the warranty. Although many dealerships would argue that in person, again its a deal of legal pressure and that will cost coin.
Old 06-11-2016, 07:15 PM   #29
rbpwrd240
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnezee View Post

Advice... Hire this guy

LWYRUP

Love that ad and may I say its nice to see such accurate and well thought out information posted. Im working hard to speak my mind but also to keep this an open forum for discussion on the facts of the incident. again no witch hunt here I just feel its BS and could use more attention.

Yes non/military could definitely be a whole other argument but for me personally he choose to fight for his country and just like cops and fire fighters it doesn't mean they get any special treatment but as a military brat and a criminal justice police services graduate I feel it does offer them more of MY consideration when they are in need or in a jam.
Old 06-11-2016, 07:50 PM   #30
Magnezee
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (28)
Magnezee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Quote:
Love that ad and may I say its nice to see such accurate and well thought out information posted. Im working hard to speak my mind but also to keep this an open forum for discussion on the facts of the incident. again no witch hunt here I just feel its BS and could use more attention.

Yes non/military could definitely be a whole other argument but for me personally he choose to fight for his country and just like cops and fire fighters it doesn't mean they get any special treatment but as a military brat and a criminal justice police services graduate I feel it does offer them more of MY consideration when they are in need or in a jam.

Ahh, no, its doesn't, they already get to buy a house with no PPI, that's a perk that I'm ok with, otherwise, a regular Joe Blow Beethoven.

Again, like I said, its a whole other topic of discussion. I am glad you posted this thread, people don't realize the extreme a manufacture goes to keep their customers happy, 99% of Buybacks can be fixed, its time limits, parts limits, knowledge of tech's (that are being paid their worth) state laws... and then there's customers that just go to the extreme to get out a payment he/she can not afford.

This is coming from years of dealing with the outer and inner workings of a manufacture, from franchise dealers (with different inner workings on its own, and lots of warranty fraud being done by reputably dealers, Sales/Parts/Service managers should be going to jail....(IMHO) in a lot of cases) , corporate, warranty, claims processing, technical support .... in the end, for a dealer, its about the money, for the manufacture, its about keeping the customer happy, pride in the workplace, shine a light on the brand, keep employees happy, then the revenue.

Just my .02, if its worth anything more, donate to http://www.pitbullrescuesandiego.com/

(shameless plug for the breed)

BTW rbpwrd240, there is a multi-quote button, all at once, you know
Magnezee is offline   Reply With Quote