Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > Australia/New Zealand

Old 01-30-2018, 04:54 PM   #1
h3avy.t

Trader Rating: (0)
h3avy.t is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy Help an Aussie noob - s13 being weird?!

Hi Guys

So I was driving my 94 180SX (sr20det) on a long journey in about 37c heat, randomly the car would splutter and start to die (like a Maf issue), I pulled over, cleaned the Maf with brake cleaner and was on my way again, 30km and the same thing happens. Finally got the car to destination after 4 stops like these!

At the destination we clean the pod filter, on the way back 38c heat, car does the same thing. This time I let it die and restart, BINGO car is fine and runs normally??...we get to a petrol pump and my mate pulls the MAF housing (big metal one) and cools it down by running water over the metal part only. Car runs fine for about 150km and begins to show signs of the same issue. I restart and we are good to go?!

Can you please help out, Is it the MAF?! Because restarting the car (even right away) fixes the usual under 3000rpm hesitation issue.

Super confused……currently looking to build a airbox to isolate pod filter and MAF from the engine bay heat.
h3avy.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2018, 04:19 AM   #2
Teambadrun
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Teambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to allTeambadrun is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hi, it could possibly be, but cleaning it with Brake cleaner is not the right way of doing it.
Get another MAF and try it again. Could be faulty ECU.