Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 03-17-2013, 10:45 PM   #1
MedHat240sx
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
MedHat240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SeaFoam Hatch Build From the Great North!

Hey guys i orignaly made a build thread but the phots failed so i decided i would give it another attempt!

I originally started with a 1992 240sx with 280000 thousand KM it was white rusty, and it had no power.... Period. The motor had a over heating problem but honestly it was a awesome car! i picked her up for 2400 bucks without seeing it because i worked! Here she is the day i brought her home

She had some nasty rust which me and my father later fixed. hes a perfectionist so it turned out pretty well

This car was all about the rust every common rust spot on this this was either rusting or starting to rust through but it turned out wonderfully

Primered

Paint

Final product

Heres a few other pics of the car

Then the day came when i decided that this car wouldnt be worth of a engine swap because of all the hidden rust on the frame rails and etc! i sold it for 3500 dollers, with all the problems it had when i bought it and then some. (minus the rust)

With the money i had stored and me selling this car for more then i bought it i decided to wait and find the right car. Then one day searching the internet i came across this CRAZY clean Seafoam green Hatchback with a sr20 it was a dream come true. It had 153000 km with a sr20 swap which was very cleanly done! heres a picture from the ad on the internet.

But the car was almost too good to be true. it had a recent encounter with a moose and got forced into the ditch causeing the frame to be tweaked. i was disappointed but i said fuck it ill buy it anyway. The Guy told me he would drive it 17 hours for me to buy it. So i was hoping he wasnt lieing but then it finally got here and everything he said was true. this car was a gem (minus the fender lmao)

i gave him the money, we shook hands and i was the proud owner of a Very clean sr20! im still buddys with the guy to this day! As soon as i got it home i started to tare it appart and get everything back to the way it was

That was the damage! it didnt look to bad but underneath the frame was tweaked causing the new fender not to sit right to the frame machine it went.

it was 100% worth the money and this is how it came out!

The bumper was a bit beat up but i wasnt to concerned as a piggy lip would cover up the damage under neath! then a buddy of mine who wrote off his silvia decided to sell me his Megan coilovers and Tryforce Zelda Wheels and spacers! i ended up throwing it all on in 3 hours in my drive way! i was so excited.

i ran into some problems with fitting the front wheels as they rubbed i was sad but i ordered some spacers. heres the fitment on the rear.

while i was waiting on the spacers i decided to give the engine bay a good clean and make her shine again! it looked sooo good haha!

Finally my spacers came in and i sourced a piggy lip and this is what she looked like!

Later that week i ended up finding a 1971 datsun 240z which i bought to fix but it ended up being to much so i sold it and made 1000 bucks on it

The 240sx and the 240z

after i sold that my grandfather died and left me his 1976 datsun Pickup! which once im done my 240sx will get a full restoration and will be a daily driver.

i eneded up blowing a tire on my way to work lol and got a sparco bucket for free.

Once winter started to roll around i started to stockpile parts. and jeeesh i lost a good quarter of my room to parts and a couple drawers of my tool box at work!

i ended up buying a apexi power fc, gt2871r, wide band and so on so forth!

once my manifold came in i decided to throw everything together, i ended up getting a Wicked deal on a turbonetics wastegate only 20 minutes of run time on it so i was excited!

a t28 topmount you may ask? Why?
well simply because i like having where its easy to work on. the turbo it self will put me beyond my power goals and not to mention if i plan to get a GT3071R i can slap it on there and not half to spend $$$$ to go topmount again.

just last week i helped a buddy paint a 1976 Honda civic, he had some wicked oldschool bride seats the i snagged of him for a reasonable price. ones mint the other has a hole no biggy.

This is what my room looks like at the moment. It sucks one more week till i can throw it all on. I want a garage

I decided that i would make some interior bits out of 2 snap on screwdrivers! now i have a matching shiftknob and key haha!

after a few months of owning her this is how much she has changed

at the moment the car is on standstill untill the snow goes away! will update asap!

Last edited by MedHat240sx; 03-19-2013 at 07:55 PM..
MedHat240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links