Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-01-2009, 01:40 PM   #31
Red Square
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Red Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfectionRed Square is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by INeedNewTires View Post
okay weird, my kouki is an original 97 w/ no moon roof, no rear sway, but has 5lug and black leather seats, AND black leather door panels. non adjustable steering column, but has fog lights and fog light switch (which doesnt work, fogs are hardwired) and started life as an auto.

Now i'm not the original owner so cant 100% know what has been swapped, but the leather looks factory and even the door panels are black leather (not peeled off carpet exposing 'leather' lookin shit, like s13 owners love to do)

Make sense of that for me?

Doesn't this look like factory leather

easy way to tell if its a kouki base model: non adjustable steering column, no trunk release, window wiper speeds. too bad he didnt leave the black cluster gauge.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:20 PM   #32
second_chanceS14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (19)
second_chanceS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by projectRDM View Post
And your point is? Nothing in that means anything, you have an SE without roof but with leather and ABS. Your friend has an SE with roof. Sunroof was optional on both base and SE, so was leather. You're not discussing anything new here.

I'm just agreeing with what s14db said about kouki getting left over parts from previous productions, i'm jjst sharing information about my car and my friends in order to help.
second_chanceS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 04:15 PM   #33
Pacman
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
Pacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura aboutPacman has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by revat619 View Post
LE's had everything an SE had plus any other available option and a cream color leather interior. Oh an gold emblems and the wood trim interior panels.
I love the cream color interiors! Too bad it wouldn't look good against the red exterior Did they have optional black emblems?
Pacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:26 PM   #34
miracosta
BANNED

Trader Rating: (1)
miracosta is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
anyone know what a base 97 kouki has?dunno if i wanna get a SE or base...
miracosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 02:59 AM   #35
atom
Zilvia FREAK!

atom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to allatom is a name known to all
SE or LE for sure. The side skirts and 5 lug alone make it worth it. Plus you get some other nice stuff like power locks, tilt steering wheel, cruise, etc.
atom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:34 AM   #36
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by miracosta View Post
anyone know what a base 97 kouki has?dunno if i wanna get a SE or base...
Yes. But what would be the point of listing it all out when you can google all the specs or even use the search function here and find them. Plus, base models did have options so not every one you look at will be the same.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:37 PM   #37
fiznowler

fiznowler is an unknown quantity at this point
If kouki's only got titanium (cream) interior what is this? I just bought this car as a parts car. I have pulled interior already it is going into my 97se.

Here it is pulled.

This is out of an SE car. It is oem I pulled it myself it is not recovered.
Here is a link to a a nissan broshure with the tan color in it. I am trying to figure out just how rare this color is.

1997 Nissan 240SX Prestige Sales Brochure (USDM)
fiznowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:57 PM   #38
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
the best deal i got was on a base s14 95 that had all the se options besides 5 lug leather seats and fogs for 1250
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:59 PM   #39
PNgo12
Zilvia Junkie

PNgo12 is an unknown quantity at this point
theres a couple sites that you can use to decode the vin number and such, im not on my regular computer cause its bookmarked on my own computer, ill post it up when i get home for you guys
PNgo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 02:03 PM   #40
noturS14
Leaky Injector

noturS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Projectraine.com<<<<garage guides<<<<page two vin decoding for the S-chassis
THE GARAGE GUIDES - 240SX VIN / Model ID Decoding

Zenki Love
noturS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 02:19 PM   #41
Wabash9000
Zilvia Member

Wabash9000 has a little shameless behavior in the past
they are all weird. My 95 "base" came 4 lug open diff no rear sway no fog lights. but came with moon roof, tilt wheel, factory cd player, premium audio package.
Wabash9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 02:25 PM   #42
fiznowler

I am more surprised about the color of the leather rather than it having it. I have never seen tan leather in a s14 until this one. After I bought this parts car with it I am trying to see if anyone else has it or has seen it in a s14. My buddy on another forum said he has seen it in person on a red kouki and it was for sure original to that car as well. I found a forsale add that is really old for a black 5speed with tan leather same door panels and 2 tone carried throughout. I believe it is nissan OEM I am really wondering how many cars were produced with it. I have seen titanium leather this is definitly not it, this is as tan as you can get.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:26 PM   #43
PNgo12
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by noturS14 View Post
Projectraine.com<<<<garage guides<<<<page two vin decoding for the S-chassis
THE GARAGE GUIDES - 240SX VIN / Model ID Decoding
aww booo looks like you beat me to it
Old 04-01-2010, 02:28 PM   #44
fiznowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Square View Post
easy way to tell if its a kouki base model: non adjustable steering column, no trunk release, window wiper speeds. too bad he didnt leave the black cluster gauge.
What is special about the base model cluster? I actually prefer the white.
Old 04-01-2010, 02:30 PM   #45
PNgo12
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiznowler View Post
What is special about the base model cluster? I actually prefer the white.
you answered your own question lol, its just preference some like the white and some like the black faces
Old 04-01-2010, 02:43 PM   #46
fiznowler

I guess i was reading too much into it LOL. It has been a long day I am ready to get home grab a beer and get back to my 5 speed swap.
Old 04-01-2010, 03:24 PM   #47
projectRDM
Post Whore!

projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabash9000 View Post
they are all weird. My 95 "base" came 4 lug open diff no rear sway no fog lights. but came with moon roof, tilt wheel, factory cd player, premium audio package.
We've been over this. Sunroof and the 6speaker CD system were an option on the base model in 1995. VLSD was an option on both base and SE, but it also came with ABS, it's not as common. So having an open diff doesn't mean anything.

Quote:
I am more surprised about the color of the leather rather than it having it. I have never seen tan leather in a s14 until this one. After I bought this parts car with it I am trying to see if anyone else has it or has seen it in a s14. My buddy on another forum said he has seen it in person on a red kouki and it was for sure original to that car as well. I found a forsale add that is really old for a black 5speed with tan leather same door panels and 2 tone carried throughout. I believe it is nissan OEM I am really wondering how many cars were produced with it. I have seen titanium leather this is definitly not it, this is as tan as you can get.
That's aftermarket. You can tell because the door panel inserts are leather too. The OE inserts are alcantara (suede). They never made a leather insert for the doors OE, but as said before in this thread leather was added at the dealership as well, before sale, so people still assume it's factory. I used to install leather kits, we did brand new cars every day before delivery and sometimes even before a sale. If the buyer doesn't know it came with cloth, they assume it's OE. It's not.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
Old 04-02-2010, 08:01 AM   #48
fiznowler

Hmm..I have seen alot of 240s with leather in the door panels. Are all of those aftermarket kits? If this is aftermarket then the quality is outstanding to be in as good of shape as it is considering the conditions it was in. I would like to find the company that made it if thats the case and buy another set from them. The seats all have the exact same stitching as the ones in the broshure and the door panels look the same.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:53 AM   #49
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Quote:
Hmm..I have seen alot of 240s with leather in the door panels. Are all of those aftermarket kits? If this is aftermarket then the quality is outstanding to be in as good of shape as it is considering the conditions it was in. I would like to find the company that made it if thats the case and buy another set from them. The seats all have the exact same stitching as the ones in the broshure and the door panels look the same.
Alcantara was OE. Period. If it's leather/vinyl or some form of leatherette on the doors, it's not OE. Katzskins is the biggest aftermarket leather supplier, they supply the majority of leather interiors found in new cars. The inserts are easy to install too on the S14 panel since it has a deep ridge, and doors don't fade as bad as seats either so they generally last longer and look better even with age.