Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 11-16-2017, 03:52 PM   #10891
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
New info on Nissan’s new Variable Compression engine. They say 268hp and 288ft lbs but it’s lighter and more efficient than their V6.

https://www.autoblog.com/2017/11/16/...ession-engine/

So this thing HAS to be offered in a new Z. There’s so many routes they could go with the next Z, but I think it needs this engine, be slightly larger than an 86, probably a little heavier and be like $29k. Then offer the new TTV6 with 400hp at $35-$42k.
Look... FUCK the Z.
Quote:
The VC-T is a new inline-four, 2.0-liter that combines the power of a high-performance turbo gasoline engine with the torque and efficiency of an advanced diesel engine, but without the latter's notorious emissions.
This thing has Silvia written all over it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
i somehow get the nasty feeling the Z is done... the G/Q coupe will most likely take over as Nissans 'entry level' sportscar while the GTR will carry the 'halo super car' status.
Totally agree that the Z is done. But letting the G/Q be the lowest level sports car means that Infiniti has it's "entry level" sports coupe, but Nissan doesn't. I think it'll make it's way down to Nissan. I'm just hoping it's in the form of a Silvia with the specs Exit mentioned. But I wouldn't mind seeing a V6TT Z following it a few years later, offering 400hp+ for $40k-ish...
Old 11-16-2017, 06:34 PM   #10892
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Plus let's not forget the current G/Q is auto only.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 05:29 AM   #10893
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Tesla Roadster unveiling was a bit of a surprise. It's still a concept, so we'll see if they actually achieve those lofty goals of 0-60 in 1.9 secs and 600 mile range. Looks good though!

https://www.theverge.com/2017/11/17/...test-car-world

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw4jkyfY4HE

Old 11-17-2017, 06:16 AM   #10894
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
It does look good. Let’s see if it ever sees production.
Old 11-17-2017, 07:07 AM   #10895
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
1.9 sec 0-60?!? Gawddauym... Well, if they have S models that can embarrass GTRs and they put that power/drivetrain in a car that weighs under 3000lbs... They might get pretty close...
Old 11-17-2017, 07:22 AM   #10896
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
1.9 sec 0-60?!? Gawddauym... Well, if they have S models that can embarrass GTRs and they put that power/drivetrain in a car that weighs under 3000lbs... They might get pretty close...
I don’t deny the 0-60 claims. That’s achievable. What seems less likely is this thing actually making it on the roads with any kind quality typical consumers expect.

Right now Tesla is in “production hell” (Elon’s words) with the 3 and nonend in sight. They still have not addressed Model S and Model X issues. They announced a automous Semi.

It just seems unlikely. Or if it does it’ll be so limited and it’ll be 3 years before one hits the road.
Old 11-17-2017, 07:38 AM   #10897
souljaseth33
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
souljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to allsouljaseth33 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to souljaseth33
Elon also said that the roadster will hit the 1/4 mile in 8.9 seconds. That would be impressive.

Its becoming almost all hands on deck for the Model 3 production.
souljaseth33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 12:44 AM   #10898
silverarrow27
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
silverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud ofsilverarrow27 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I'd like to see this Tesla Roadster take on the likes of other gasoline sport cars on a road course.
Old 11-19-2017, 10:05 PM   #10899
dr_
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
dr_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
This thing has Silvia written all over it.
This is Nissan we're talking about. It's going in some 4 door boxy compact.
dr_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 06:42 AM   #10900
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_ View Post
This is Nissan we're talking about. It's going in some 4 door boxy compact.
They do love to disappoint us, don't they? IJS, this 4 banger version seems more fit for a Silvia than a Z as what was suggested earlier.

But Infiniti isn't even putting it in any coupe or sports sedan, they're throwing it into some crossover. So you're probably right.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:09 AM   #10901
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
They do love to disappoint us, don't they? IJS, this 4 banger version seems more fit for a Silvia than a Z as what was suggested earlier.

But Infiniti isn't even putting it in any coupe or sports sedan, they're throwing it into some crossover. So you're probably right.
Yeah my reasoning is, they seem to care so little about performance coupes that the odds of us getting a second one (Silvia/IDX/whatever) are slim to none. And with the Z’s competition (Mustang and Camaro) offering 3 engine choices it makes sense for Nissan to evolve the Z and offer multiple engines. That way there’s almost a spiritual successor to the Silvia in the form a Turbo 4cyl Z and then an actual powerhouse version with the TTV6.

But again, that all just makes too much sense.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:19 AM   #10902
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
Will they continue down the path of mediocrity Ghosn built, or go another direction? He may have saved the company but he killed their soul.

Of course, we all know the answer.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 10:12 AM   #10903
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Yeah my reasoning is, they seem to care so little about performance coupes that the odds of us getting a second one (Silvia/IDX/whatever) are slim to none. And with the Z’s competition (Mustang and Camaro) offering 3 engine choices it makes sense for Nissan to evolve the Z and offer multiple engines. That way there’s almost a spiritual successor to the Silvia in the form a Turbo 4cyl Z and then an actual powerhouse version with the TTV6.

But again, that all just makes too much sense.
I feel you. But I guess we'll see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
Will they continue down the path of mediocrity Ghosn built, or go another direction? He may have saved the company but he killed their soul.

Yeah man, Being about to put the VQ is fucking EVERYTHING and having so many models sharing platforms really pulled Nissan's ass out of that post 90's sling. If they position this new engine as the replacement to the VQ as their new workhorse and put it in everything they make, we might be onto something then...
Old 11-20-2017, 01:46 PM   #10904
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
I feel you. But I guess we'll see.
Oh dont get me wrong...I have no faith that Nissan will even remotely do anything I said. Even as perfectly logical as I think it all sounds.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:17 PM   #10905
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post

Very well put!

Quote:
Oh dont get me wrong...I have no faith that Nissan will even remotely do anything I said. Even as perfectly logical as I think it all sounds.
I would tend to agree I have given up all hope as far as Nissan goes at this point. They defy their own logical history.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 06:27 AM   #10906
zenkicpe
Zilvia Member

zenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud of
I think that Tesla is a bunch of BS vaporware.. Even if it is that fast, its not like the current much lower powered Tesla models don't have their own overheating limp mode issues. Dangling the carrot for pre-orders to try and pull his pants back up financially. JMO

PS. You could also tell when it was driven around that it prob handles like ASS
zenkicpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 07:02 AM   #10907
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenkicpe View Post
I think that Tesla is a bunch of BS vaporware.. Even if it is that fast, its not like the current much lower powered Tesla models don't have their own overheating limp mode issues. Dangling the carrot for pre-orders to try and pull his pants back up financially. JMO

PS. You could also tell when it was driven around that it prob handles like ASS
I agree. It’s vaporware.

Elon is very smart. I think he’s trying to set Tesla up to be bought out.
Old 11-21-2017, 08:35 AM   #10908
zenkicpe
Zilvia Member

zenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud of
I didn't even think of that..

You're sharp
Old 11-21-2017, 03:56 PM   #10909
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Simply gorgeous!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqFb0ssFM1o
Old 11-21-2017, 06:18 PM   #10910
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

https://www.autoblog.com/2017/11/21/...ntage-all-new/

Yeah the new Vantage is just amazing. Damn near automotive perfection. $150 is out of my price range right now but maybe a used one in a few years????
Old 11-27-2017, 10:51 AM   #10911
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

https://www.autoblog.com/2017/11/27/...#slide-7162968

At least they care about their heritage.
Old 11-27-2017, 11:54 AM   #10912
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
That almost makes me was to do something financially stupid and buy a skyline.....almost. The wife has already given permission to buy one, which honestly surprised me.

lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 04:38 PM   #10913
dbeiler
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler dbeiler
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
We all know the real reason Nissan will continue making parts. Considering the astronomical prices people are paying to own 25 year old shitpiles, means those same people don't mind paying crazy money to keep them running.

Nissan makes absolute bank through their parts department. They make Mercedes Benz parts look cheap.

I'll use two of my cars for comparison. My Honda Prelude and Nissan S14 are very close to the same age and production numbers; both models had about 40K chassis sold here in the states.

I'll walk up to the local Honda parts counter for something. "That'll cost 1/3 of one cent."

I'll walk up to the local Nissan parts counter for something. "That'll be $15K, your left arm, your first born child, the moon, and a cure for cancer."

Fuck literally everything about Nissan since 2002. That name has zero future in this thread.
dbeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 12:36 AM   #10914
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Quote:
I agree. It’s vaporware.

Elon is very smart. I think he’s trying to set Tesla up to be bought out.
Maybe. He's good at making people think he's doing more than he is. His cars are not perfect.

But he's yet to not deliver, as far as I know. Why's everyone so desperate to hate it? And stop acting like the stats are lies or the product won't look like the concept, or whatever - you guys missed something, this is not nissan.

Any second tesla will do so amazingly they can't be any more amazing and they totally FAIL, everyone wants their amazing cars at such a rate they can't even keep up, so they're obviously about to..... go out of business?
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 12:39 AM   #10915
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeiler View Post
We all know the real reason Nissan will continue making parts. Considering the astronomical prices people are paying to own 25 year old shitpiles, means those same people don't mind paying crazy money to keep them running.

Nissan makes absolute bank through their parts department. They make Mercedes Benz parts look cheap.

I'll use two of my cars for comparison. My Honda Prelude and Nissan S14 are very close to the same age and production numbers; both models had about 40K chassis sold here in the states.

I'll walk up to the local Honda parts counter for something. "That'll cost 1/3 of one cent."

I'll walk up to the local Nissan parts counter for something. "That'll be $15K, your left arm, your first born child, the moon, and a cure for cancer."

Fuck literally everything about Nissan since 2002. That name has zero future in this thread.
But the thing is Nissan USA is not importing the parts. They are only being made and sold in Japan. Nissan NA has discontinued a lot of essential parts for 240sx's and more are set to be discontinued.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalmoron View Post
Maybe. He's good at making people think he's doing more than he is. His cars are not perfect.

But he's yet to not deliver, as far as I know. Why's everyone so desperate to hate it? And stop acting like the stats are lies or the product won't look like the concept, or whatever - you guys missed something, this is not nissan.

Any second tesla will do so amazingly they can't be any more amazing and they totally FAIL, everyone wants their amazing cars at such a rate they can't even keep up, so they're obviously about to..... go out of business?
Well Tesla has a more than a few major problems. First off they are being subsidized by the Federal gov. Second off they have serious supply side issues that are delaying production. In the car business when this happens people cancel orders. Their cars may seem amazing but they have some serious reliability issues that need to be addressed.
If it were not for government subsidies they would not be showing any profit. It actually would be in Elons best interest to sell the company as he could market the battery tech and SpaceX is actually the profitable company that is not running on subsidies.

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 11-28-2017, 12:43 AM   #10916
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by drift freaq View Post
But the thing is Nissan USA is not importing the parts. They are only being made and sold in Japan. Nissan NA has discontinued a lot of essential parts for 240sx's and more are set to be discontinued.
And call honda for a special old part, nobody's seen it or your car for 20 years.

This isn't porsche, they don't give a fuck about supporting your car forevermore.
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 11:10 AM   #10917
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Quote:
And call honda for a special old part, nobody's seen it or your car for 20 years.

This isn't porsche, they don't give a fuck about supporting your car forevermore.
Oh I see what you did here you edited out your post I quoted where you said Nissan was still making parts for our cars but then kept the portion of my response to it so you can can talk smack back. Lol

Guess what I don't own a 240 anymore so..... Lol

New Video
Buy my mounts!
Old 11-28-2017, 01:06 PM   #10918
zenkicpe
Zilvia Member

Quote:

^^^^

I have found that some people are very enamored by the idea of electric cars, that they fail to see all of the crutches used to prop them up. Advocates seem to turn a blind eye to the origins of the power stored in the batteries, the origins/environmental toll the manufacturing of the batteries, the absurdity of the overheating/limp mode problems, fit and finish, management follies, huge .gov subsidies, spontaneous combustion, I mean I could go on.

Sounds like a great idea, in practice its not as attractive.

ahhhh the power of marketing and public perception

electricity is so clean it doesn't even make any smoke
Old 11-29-2017, 07:36 AM   #10919
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenkicpe View Post
^^^^

I have found that some people are very enamored by the idea of electric cars, that they fail to see all of the crutches used to prop them up. Advocates seem to turn a blind eye to the origins of the power stored in the batteries, the origins/environmental toll the manufacturing of the batteries,
THIS!!! I look for the silver lining in EV cars taking over, but I would have MUCH preferred if Hydrogen power became the dominant technology. Much smaller environmental footprint.
Old 11-29-2017, 08:14 AM   #10920
zenkicpe
Zilvia Member

Amen..

With electric the oil barons still get their cut, behind the curtain