Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 10-13-2016, 09:38 AM   #331
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Where Dare Devil shines is the two villains, King Pin and Punisher.

Unlike everything else in the MCU, Daredevil actually has real villains, with real motives, real personalities and real stories.

Vincent D'Onofiro and Jon Bernthal absolutely murder it and steal the show.

This is the complete opposite of Avengers which might as well not even have villains. A1 could have been an asteroid just like Armageddon that Tony finally stops by sacrificing himself only to have survived. A2 could have been an earth quack with the team using heli-carriers to save people. Lastly, CW could have just been Wikileaks dropping the video of Tony's parents murder..... yawnnnz

But I love that they made Punisher a villain instead of a hero and King Pin is so sympathetic and relatable. The producers clearly paid attention to shows like Dexter and Breaking Bad to craft there "anti-heroes".
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2016, 04:58 PM   #332
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by future View Post
Just finished Daredevil, now watching Jessica Jones

I know Luke is the newest one. But what order do they call come in?
DD season 1 , JJ , DD season 2, Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbic View Post
Where Dare Devil shines is the two villains, King Pin and Punisher.

Unlike everything else in the MCU, Daredevil actually has real villains, with real motives, real personalities and real stories.

Vincent D'Onofiro and Jon Bernthal absolutely murder it and steal the show.

But I love that they made Punisher a villain instead of a hero and King Pin is so sympathetic and relatable. The producers clearly paid attention to shows like Dexter and Breaking Bad to craft there "anti-heroes".
idk if I would call Punisher a villain...he falls more into the anti-hero category for me. I can't wait to watch his show.
Old 11-05-2016, 07:05 AM   #333
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Anyone seen Strange yet?
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 07:46 AM   #334
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Trader Rating: (1)
exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNG704 View Post
Anyone seen Strange yet?
I'm going at 4 today.
Old 11-06-2016, 05:07 AM   #335
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
So my wife absolutely hated it. I liked it. I didn't love it. I didn't have that same feeling I did walking out of the first Iron Man, Guardians or CA2/3.

He isn't as likable of a cocky hero as RDJr as Iron Man. The magic is cool and all but I felt like the all the shifting of the environment was actually pretty pointless.

Over all I'd give it a 6/10.
Old 11-06-2016, 02:40 PM   #336
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Not going to lie, saw Reolls today. I enjoyed it more than Dr Strange.
Old 11-06-2016, 03:36 PM   #337
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
I enjoyed the film. It's my #3 for MCU solo films behind Iron Man & Winter Solider.
Old 11-06-2016, 07:16 PM   #338
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

I actually liked Trolls more.

Not joking.
Old 11-07-2016, 07:11 AM   #339
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post
I enjoyed the film. It's my #3 for MCU solo films behind Iron Man & Winter Solider.
Deadpool is not number 1...or in top 3? BLASPHEMY!!!
Old 11-07-2016, 07:29 AM   #340
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftsucky View Post

Deadpool is not a MCU movie.
Old 11-07-2016, 08:03 AM   #341
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Deadpool is not a MCU movie.
plEASE explain
Old 11-07-2016, 08:23 AM   #342
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Quote:
plEASE explain
Deadpool falls under the X Men license which is owned by Fox. The MCU is owned by Disney. Fox doesn't want to play nice with Disney. Sony has warmed up finally.

Last edited by exitspeed; 11-07-2016 at 10:55 AM..
exitspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 09:04 AM   #343
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I really like Doctor Strange. I was hoping they would touch on his infatuation with Death herself, but maybe in the sequel they will get to that.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 09:48 AM   #344
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
Deadpool falls under the X Men license which is owned by Fox. The MSU is owned by Disney. Fox doesn't want to play nice with Disney. Sony has warmed up finally.
oh

msglngth
Old 11-07-2016, 11:06 AM   #345
Corbic
Post Whore!

Quote:
Deadpool falls under the X Men license which is owned by Fox. The MCU is owned by Disney. Fox doesn't want to play nice with Disney. Sony has warmed up finally.

Well Fox and Disney have feuded for years and it's a mutual hatred. Fox is also still making movies and money with that X-men. Sony's dream of a relaunch crashed with Amazing Spider-Man 2. Now Sony is content to rent him out.

Marvel has also been directed to kill off the Fantastic Four and X-men franchise. They have quickly been moving away from X-men stories and narratives in favor of "Inhumans".

This is because Fox gets a cut of all X-men merchandise and Disney doesn't want to support a competitor.

It sucks because to me, X-men is what made Marvel. Everything else was just ridiculous C-list crap. Thor? Hulk, Thainos, Really? Might as well go D.C.
Old 11-07-2016, 12:00 PM   #346
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Well Fox and Disney have feuded for years and it's a mutual hatred. Fox is also still making movies and money with that X-men. Sony's dream of a relaunch crashed with Amazing Spider-Man 2. Now Sony is content to rent him out.

Marvel has also been directed to kill off the Fantastic Four and X-men franchise. They have quickly been moving away from X-men stories and narratives in favor of "Inhumans".

This is because Fox gets a cut of all X-men merchandise and Disney doesn't want to support a competitor.

It sucks because to me, X-men is what made Marvel. Everything else was just ridiculous C-list crap. Thor? Hulk, Thainos, Really? Might as well go D.C.
I agree with every word of this. Pains my heart to think of how incomplete the MCU is without the X-Men.

Quote:
He isn't as likable of a cocky hero as RDJr as Iron Man. The magic is cool and all but I felt like the all the shifting of the environment was actually pretty pointless.

Over all I'd give it a 6/10.
Yeah, I didn't like it much either. Strange was equally as arrogant and egocentric as RDJ's Tony Stark, but not even remotely as likeable or endeadring, IMO.

The magic fights... Underwhelming. They were visually interesting but Spoilers - why in the fuck would you focus so much on melee attacks when you're a sorcerer of this caliber?

And the big bad guy? Holy shit. Spoiler time - Dormammu was a fucking retard. Once you realize this insect has you trapped in a temporal loop that resets everytime you kill him, wouldn't you stop and think about maybe NOT killing him? Geezus, just torture the fuck out of him until he WISHES for death & gives up the Eye. It's not that hard, man.
Old 11-08-2016, 08:30 PM   #347
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

Quote:
As far as Fox produced Marvel films go, Deadpool is #2 behind X-Men First Class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
I really like Doctor Strange. I was hoping they would touch on his infatuation with Death herself, but maybe in the sequel they will get to that.
It's Thanos that's infatuated with Death. We might see a bit of that in Infinity War. In the post credit scene of Avengers, that guy (forget his name) did tell Thanos that challenging Earth would be a way of courting Death.
Old 11-08-2016, 08:51 PM   #348
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post
It's Thanos that's infatuated with Death. We might see a bit of that in Infinity War. In the post credit scene of Avengers, that guy (forget his name) did tell Thanos that challenging Earth would be a way of courting Death.

Derp you're right I had a brain fart on that one. I still can't wait until they get into that aspec of the marvel lore lol. It gets crazy. Sometimes I just start clicking through Wikipedia articles and the universe is so flushed out its crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-13-2017, 07:42 AM   #349
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Damn... almost a full year with no updates! No talk of GotG vol 2 & Spiderman:Homecoming versus Wonder Woman and Logan? To me Civil War, Strange, Guardians 2 and Spiderman were all 4 lackluster films back to back. Thor: Ragnorok is dropping soon. Do you guys still care? Chances of JL actually kicking it's ass given Marvel's recent performance?

This ain't MCU, but what do you think?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwT879-4Wjs
Lol at Maisie Williams being cast as Wolfsbane
I want to like it, but shit man... the whitewashing of Cecelia Reyes is too damn much for me. Gotta go watch the Black Panther trailer again just to keep from being pissed off...lol
#GoddammitFox
Old 10-13-2017, 08:09 PM   #350
FRpilot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
FRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond reputeFRpilot has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I didn't like Avengers 2 because Ultron was weak, but Cap 3 was decent (pretty much an Avengers 3 movie).

I liked Doctor Strange, but I tend to enjoy the MCU films of lesser known characters/groups more (Ant Man & GotG).

Haven't watched GotG Vol 2 or Spiderman Homecoming yet, but reviews for GotG Vol 2were great and idk how to feel about Spiderman but he was fun in Cap 3 and it can't be any worse than The Amazing Spiderman 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
remember, people on this forum are STUPID. use your common sense.
FRpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 09:15 PM   #351
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
GotG Vol 2 was HILARIOUS. The story line was little out there with Ego, but damn if I didn't laugh my ass off quite a few times.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:44 PM   #352
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Oh, LOGAN was god damn amazing. IDC what anyone says.
Spiderman Homecoming was great as well.
Old 10-14-2017, 07:15 AM   #353
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Yeah apiderman was good.

Logan was fantastic. Like waaaaay better than I thought Fox was capable of.

Still haven’t seen Guardians 2 dammit!

I really didn’t care for Stange. I tried. I really wanted to love it but all the magic in it almost felt pointless.

I just don’t care for the DC movies. Almost no interest in seeing them.
Old 10-16-2017, 04:44 PM   #354
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

I'm so hyped for Black Panther!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjDjIWPwcPU

Every other comic book movie I've seen this year (GotG vol 2, Logan, Wonder Woman & Spiderman) have been good.

I'm looking forward to Thor Ragnorok, but im skeptical on JL. DC films has had only one hit with Wonder Woman and that's mainly because it's an isolated film (IMO).
Old 10-17-2017, 05:47 AM   #355
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Black Panther looks like it could be the best Marvel movie yet.
Old 10-17-2017, 11:27 AM   #356
simmode1
Post Whore!

GotG lacked something for me. Just seemed to be missing the heart of the first movie.
Wonder Woman was OK, but the fight at the end totally lost me. Ares with lightning powers? Dafuq?!?
Logan. God. What a fucking masterpiece. I usually hate it when they change the source material a lot, but every change there was a huge improvement.
Still haven't seen Spiderman yet. Heard it was kinda meh. I'll probably watch it tomorrow.
Thor: Ragnorok looks really good. I'm looking forward to it.
I'm excited about JL too. Even if the story sucks shit, DC movies are unmatched in action.
Black Panther. Boy. What can I say. Excited is too small a word.
Y'all know T'challa has his own planet now in the comics, right?
Old 11-29-2017, 07:26 AM   #357
simmode1
Post Whore!

10+ years we've waited and watched. Now it's almost here, guys...
How a 2 minute trailer gonna be better than the whole Justice League movie? lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZfuNTqbHE8
Old 11-29-2017, 09:02 AM   #358
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
I saw the leaked trailer from comic con (i think) and this one has new scenes. Holy shit I'm pumped. We need Dr. Strange to teleport us to May'18 already.

Also, Punisher season 1 was pretty enjoyable. Made me a bigger Jon Berthal fan.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:11 AM   #359
simmode1
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchmalmiss View Post
Also, Punisher season 1 was pretty enjoyable. Made me a bigger Jon Berthal fan.
Man, between the crappy LMD storyline on AoS and IronFist, I've completely lost steam on the MCU non-movie content. I need to get back in the game before Disney pulls all their content off Netflix...
Old 12-12-2017, 02:48 PM   #360
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

Money talks.

After years of saying no it sounds like Disney will be buying Fox for $60billion. I definitely think Disney owning the X-Mwn rights is a good thing, but more specifically, Hugh Jackman said the only way he’d play Wolverine again is if he could be an Avenger. Well he better get ready to sharpen his claws because it’s happening!

I can’t WAIT to see the teaser of him showing up in Avengers.

Ryan Reynolds is worried they’ll ruin the Deadpool formula and not make it Rated R, but Disney isn’t stupid.