Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-05-2005, 01:05 PM   #31
kenshinS14sks
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
kenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to beholdkenshinS14sks is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitexsound
yeah circle drifts.............. big lots big donuts.... im down with that.... doors wide open devil horns..... lol lol

oh yeah i think your problem is that u have a 2way lsd.... u need a vlsd like mines... wanna trade?
um.... how about no =) dont wanna trade my nismo 2 way for a nissan vlsd

but yea guys, basically i was just going too slow, and trying to turn in too sharp. trying to copy monkey man or a lot of the pro drifters. been getting it more, by just going faster and turning in smoothly THEN letting it drift.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:22 PM   #32
m0rex
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
m0rex is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Try drifting in the rain and learn to push your car through the corner instead of just letting it slide. Try different techniques and use the ones that you are more confterble with. Just letting it slide its like having a fwd car and just pulling the ebrake. Atleast thats how i see it.
m0rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 12:50 AM   #33
ultraDorksGarage
Zilvia Member

ultraDorksGarage has a spectacular aura aboutultraDorksGarage has a spectacular aura aboutultraDorksGarage has a spectacular aura aboutultraDorksGarage has a spectacular aura aboutultraDorksGarage has a spectacular aura aboutultraDorksGarage has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybert
AHAHAHHA make sure to slap me in the back of the head for being an E-thug. Come on dude, you know that video is archaic. It doesn't even talk about clutch kicking or e-braking to lengthen slides. That movie is just too old school.
thats cuz dori dori doesnt need the e brake!~!!!!!, lol
j/k

im curious on this more rear damp. u should use less rear dampening, that way u have more weight transfer to the front. think about it.....
ultraDorksGarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 12:54 AM   #34
ultraDorksGarage
Zilvia Member

ultraDorksGarage has a spectacular aura aboutultraDorksGarage has a spectacular aura aboutultraDorksGarage has a spectacular aura aboutultraDorksGarage has a spectacular aura aboutultraDorksGarage has a spectacular aura aboutultraDorksGarage has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0rex
Try drifting in the rain and learn to push your car through the corner instead of just letting it slide. Try different techniques and use the ones that you are more confterble with. Just letting it slide its like having a fwd car and just pulling the ebrake. Atleast thats how i see it.

i dunno, he is already understeering, yes rain reduces grip, but to all 4 tires, it will be harder for him to get proper weight transfer in the rain,(rain reduces weight transfer to the front during braking, that of course if hes trying to brake drift).
Old 04-06-2005, 02:30 AM   #35
infinitexsound
Post Whore!

infinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond reputeinfinitexsound has a reputation beyond repute
umm doing the braking drift in the rain is kinda an accident waiting to happen..... lock up ur brakes and go straight into what ever is in front...
Old 04-06-2005, 12:42 PM   #36
m0rex
Zilvia FREAK!

I dont think anyone is that dumb to go fast and understeer into something locking the brakes up. It can happen though but going slow in the rain and trying to keep a drift isnt that hard though i dont remeber since it hasent rain around here for a while.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:57 PM   #37
Ian
Post Whore!

Ian is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfectionIan is close to perfection
the best way to learn how to drift is to do it in a parking lot

honestly, dont try to learn in the street

and clutch kick first, that will help you understand your steering...ebraking takes speed, speed takes confidence (or stupidity if youre un-skilled)

the only way to gain confidence is to know what you're doing...see where i'm going with this?
once you learn how to steer and build up confidence, shy away from initiating w/ a clutch kick and try to steer your way into the slides.

Team Pterodactyl
SHARK ATTACK!!!
LookOutDrift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
No it isn't
This is "cool stickers"
not"let's make our car look like a pile of shit and dead babies"
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 02:26 PM   #38
Flybert
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
Flybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfectionFlybert is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainevent212
the best way to learn how to drift is to do it in a parking lot

honestly, dont try to learn in the street

and clutch kick first, that will help you understand your steering...ebraking takes speed, speed takes confidence (or stupidity if youre un-skilled)

the only way to gain confidence is to know what you're doing...see where i'm going with this?
once you learn how to steer and build up confidence, shy away from initiating w/ a clutch kick and try to steer your way into the slides.

Everything you said was correct except for two things. It's best to learn on the track and clutch kicking is how you initiate pretty much all drifts. The only exception would be the occasional long ebrake slide down a narrow straight into a tight 2nd gear corner and even then, you rev up and pop the clutch when you get back on the gas. It's all about keeping your revs high as possible with drifting and one of the only ways to do it is with skilled clutch work.
Flybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 02:57 PM   #39
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
brakes are so over rated....

brakes are for noob....

haha
Old 04-06-2005, 03:22 PM   #40
ultraDorksGarage
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitexsound
umm doing the braking drift in the rain is kinda an accident waiting to happen..... lock up ur brakes and go straight into what ever is in front...
exactly, rain is not the place if u are already understeering...
Old 04-06-2005, 03:37 PM   #41
420sx
Post Whore!

420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future420sx has a brilliant future
on a serious note, please learn without using breaks or e-brake. use ur arms, the clutch, and your mind.
Old 04-06-2005, 03:53 PM   #42
ultraDorksGarage
Zilvia Member

i dunno, using brakes is a good way to learn how to properly weight transfer. yes its cool to high speed drift, but it takes alot of skill to low speed drift, and the brake is definately the tool to get perfect weight transfer. to each his own i guess, but reality is, events still have braking zones, i still think u should get used to drifting utilizing these braking zones...
Old 04-06-2005, 03:57 PM   #43
420sx
Post Whore!

true true. i just cant stand using breakin tecniques. popin the clutch/dumping it at full throttle gets my adrenaline going
Old 04-06-2005, 04:02 PM   #44
ultraDorksGarage
Zilvia Member

agreed, Nobu's s15 drift is ultra hawt. full speed balls out...

but the hachi's low speed tight drift is sexy in its own little way^^
Old 04-06-2005, 05:15 PM   #45
HyperTek
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
HyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfectionHyperTek is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
put a rear srut tower bar only(having one on the front usually experience more understeer)..
lower the tire pressure a little bit to make the tire "softer" = more grip
Leave rear tire pressure at maximum.

Also, really good rear tires will eventually cause you to understeer... go with something cheapo like stock 195s...

Thats what I had to do when i had open diff to get the car to oversteer... of cousre id make adjustments to front camber and having coilovers helped..
Old 04-06-2005, 07:17 PM   #46
m0rex
Zilvia FREAK!

I agree really good tires in the back suck for drifting or really crappy tires in the front and it feels like shit when breaking. It almost feels like you are trying to drift a fwd. Breaking techniques and feints are more about weight transfering so its kinda different than just letting the clutch go. Or pulling the ebrake. Its fun but to know to learn how to drift good you need practice your weight transfers just my .02 cents.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:01 PM   #47
that180guy
Zilvia Addict

that180guy is making a name for him/her selfthat180guy is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to that180guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybert
Everything you said was correct except for two things. It's best to learn on the track and clutch kicking is how you initiate pretty much all drifts. The only exception would be the occasional long ebrake slide down a narrow straight into a tight 2nd gear corner and even then, you rev up and pop the clutch when you get back on the gas. It's all about keeping your revs high as possible with drifting and one of the only ways to do it is with skilled clutch work.
i agree with flybert 100% on the skilled clutch work
and its also not nessicarilly how fast you pop your clutch, but more like when you pop it...timing is of the essense ina drift oriented entry(that and knowing what the hell ur doing)

but damn man...sometimes i feel bad for the clutch burning it soo badly
like...feeling the vibration in my leg as i hold it semi engaged and sleeping....
/me shivers
hahahahahah

Part of the Elite Shasta Speed Stars
RIP......05-09-03....*sniff sniff
the beast nears completion.....

YOU LOOK AND U BUY STUFF !!!!!
that180guy is offline   Reply With Quote