Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-27-2017, 11:06 PM   #1
Trap Star
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Trap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Trap Star
TT(Nevernind the turbos) Supercharged 350z questions

So I have a 350z with the non-Rev up VQ35DE with a Osiris reflash, intake, and toasted bearings. Other than the bearings and related light damage from that the engine is primo. Anyway I have a good condition T25 from my SR lying around and I have a local junkyard with a bunch of turbo cars (grabbed GT17 for 60 bucks today). My question is, first off, would the twin T25's be capable of making 350ish at the wheels? Also, does anyone know of any other cars that came with them or a similar sized turbo that's relatively common?

I'm not going for some crazy high hp build, just something fun and boosted. I plan on upgrading the bearings and headgaskets/studs but other than that would like to run stock internals. Since the motor is already out and opened up this seems like the right time to consider this.

Thanks, BJ

Last edited by Trap Star; 03-28-2017 at 05:56 PM..
Trap Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2017, 11:09 PM   #2
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Why not do it the right way and actually get parts designed to do what you want it to, instead of half assing it?

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 11:32 PM   #3
Trap Star
Zilvia Junkie

Trap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant futureTrap Star has a brilliant future
I don't plan on half assing anything. If 350hp is too much for the stock internals then I'll wait and do it when I can afford to go forged. I just have parts lying around and was wondering if I could accomplish that number. More than likely I'll rebuild both turbos before install. I'm also going to be doing much of the work at school and my instructors will fail me in a heartbeat if I half ass it. This is going to be my daily so I'm going to build it to be reliable.

Also, the other reason is I just enjoy doing my own thing and doing custom work. Same reason I'm doing a Ford 5.0 in my S14. It's fun, I got the motor for free, had the car already, so why not. That one is being reconstructed from the ground up, literally, using a 100% custom wiring harness for the whole car, custom digital cluster, and a prototype telemetry system my brother and I are developing. Not interested in owning some junky 5.0 swap like you usually see, or some thrown together hideous TT kit. I don't see anything wrong with using used or repurpossed parts for a build as long as you take the time to do it right.

Maybe don't jump to conclusions man. If youd like to give advice that's great, and I appreciate it, but don't just assume I'm going to build a piece of shit.
Old 03-28-2017, 06:01 PM   #4
Trap Star
Zilvia Junkie

I was back at the yard today and found a little something I couldn't resist picking up for the $80 price tag. Only they rang it up incorrectly as a "intake manifold" so it only cost me $25. Came off a Pontiac with the 3.8L. Its a Eaton Gen III M90 supercharger. Making it match up with the Z should be interesting but from what I've been reading its a pretty good piece. So, now I need to know if this has been done, will I need larger injectors (Im guessing yes), and will an osiris tune be able to handle this kind of setup.

Enjoy. From what I've been reading 350-400whp should be pretty achievable with this guy. If anyone knows of a mount kit for the vq that would work or could be made to work please let me know.