Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-28-2008, 03:48 PM   #151
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (4)
SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
265 or 275 section width, depending on the tire itself, should be square on a 9.5" wheel.

A 285, 295, and even a 305 if the tire is narrow, or a really wide 275 would fit the 10.5" wheel fine.
SoSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2008, 03:53 PM   #152
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
so run 305s... the suspension clearance will be no problem on both ends. if you run the tire size and camber you want based on vehicle dynamics, you might need overfenders, at least a healthy pull.

i'd probably go for a 265/295 combo. but a 275/305 combo would work too, dependant of course on tire avalibility.
Old 01-28-2008, 03:55 PM   #153
SoSideways
Post Whore!

SoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfectionSoSideways is close to perfection
275/305 combo w/ Koguchi Power over fenders front and rear would be pretty unstoppable in terms of... pretty much any association of the word "cool".
Old 01-28-2008, 04:25 PM   #154
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (16)
PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
^^That's my plan for grip setup.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 03:39 AM   #155
Indolent
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Indolent has a spectacular aura aboutIndolent has a spectacular aura aboutIndolent has a spectacular aura aboutIndolent has a spectacular aura aboutIndolent has a spectacular aura aboutIndolent has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Indolent
Not exactly the maximum rubber and wheel fitment craziness, but good enough for this thread IMO

Chassis: S14
Wheels: Diamond Black Volk TE37 18x9.5 +22
Tires: Falken Azenis RT-615 (255-40-18)
Misc Details: KYB struts with Sprint? (blue) lowering springs, Fender roll/hammered (no pull), Camber was set to ideal/stock by the alignment shop with the springs/struts (IIRC no more than -1.5 degrees), Bone stock everything
Purpose of car: To be my hassle & worry free Daily Driver while trying to look nice at the same time
Pictures:

Indolent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 05:02 AM   #156
cdlong
Nissanaholic!

cdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant futurecdlong has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to cdlong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indolent View Post
Camber was set to ideal/stock by the alignment shop with the springs/struts
like everything else on the car, stock is not necessarily ideal.

sweet car anyway.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:20 AM   #157
KA-T_240
Nissanaholic!

KA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond reputeKA-T_240 has a reputation beyond repute
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

That kouki is hot!
Old 01-30-2008, 01:14 PM   #158
jfandem
Leaky Injector

jfandem will become famous soon enoughjfandem will become famous soon enoughjfandem will become famous soon enoughjfandem will become famous soon enough
Well I decided to buy 245/35/18 front and 275/35/18 rears. I dont want these sticking out too much, will be on stance coilovers. How much camber will I have to run to tuck in the rear tire? Will these look ok without overfenders? Thanks
jfandem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:33 PM   #159
hustlervibes
Banned from the Marketplace

hustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfectionhustlervibes is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to hustlervibes
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfandem View Post
Well I decided to buy 245/35/18 front and 275/35/18 rears. I dont want these sticking out too much, will be on stance coilovers. How much camber will I have to run to tuck in the rear tire? Will these look ok without overfenders? Thanks
Depends on the size and offset of the rims it will be on.
hustlervibes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:48 PM   #160
1985zcar
Zilvia Member

1985zcar is making a name for him/her self1985zcar is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to 1985zcar
Is it cool to post questions up in this thread?

I got a set of 18x10 +20 BBS LMs...I have a 15mm spacer up front and right now it barely clears the coilover, but it's poking out a lot...I really dont want to go with wide fenders...anyone know/think it's possible to fit them under the stock fenders with work?

I'm planning to run a 225/40 on them up front...Help would be appreciated, thanks.
1985zcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:44 AM   #161
300hp owen
Zilvia Junkie

300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future
Indolent, that black kouki is siiiiiiiiiiiiick!!!!

how do you like the handling / balance on the nonStagger setup?
Old 02-06-2008, 10:47 AM   #162
300hp owen
Zilvia Junkie

300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future300hp owen has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985zcar View Post
Is it cool to post questions up in this thread?

I got a set of 18x10 +20 BBS LMs...I have a 15mm spacer up front and right now it barely clears the coilover, but it's poking out a lot...I really dont want to go with wide fenders...anyone know/think it's possible to fit them under the stock fenders with work?

I'm planning to run a 225/40 on them up front...Help would be appreciated, thanks.
this is the opposite type of thread than what you are looking for.

you can fit a 245 tire up front and a 265 tire out back with certain suspension setups and settings, without much if any fender work.

even with a roll/pull you should be able to run a 265 front and 295 rear tire (like gsracer maybe he even had a 305?)

you would have been better off IMHO with a 18x9 +20 up front but the 10's all around sure are sick.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:50 AM   #163
300hp owen
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
I just bought Work equips, and am wondering about what tire size I should run and how it would fit, and how much pull/roll I need.

98 s14, stance coilovers
18x9.5 front +8
18x10.5 rear +16

I want to run up to a 305 in rear if I can....what do you recommend? Anyone have pics of a similar setup?
there are not many 305 wide tires out there, do you have a specific tire make/model in mind?

you can easily find and fit a 285/30R18 as they have a super short overall outside diameter and are a somewhat common size.

with such a low offset you may be stuck running a 255 out back unless you roll/pull like crazy and also run almost too much negative camber out back
Old 02-06-2008, 07:14 PM   #164
bardabe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
bardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfectionbardabe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to bardabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 300hp owen View Post

its his stock / non abuser car. but from the times ive been in the car with him and he takes things a little fast (off ramps) and from the time i drove it, i think it handles rather well. specially since there is no other suspension mods and / or coilovers. comfy and it grips. stagered set ups form my experience kinda suck for grip driving but then again its all on driving style / application. but from the form and purpose of this car its complete over kill lol non the less a sweet fuckin daily

Review Thread
bardabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 10:23 PM   #165
Indolent
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (3)
Indolent has a spectacular aura aboutIndolent has a spectacular aura aboutIndolent has a spectacular aura aboutIndolent has a spectacular aura aboutIndolent has a spectacular aura aboutIndolent has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Indolent
Quote:

Thanks, not sure if I can answer your question too well, I've never had a staggered set up or drove one to give you a comparison, nor do I drift, autocross or push this car really since it's just my daily. But I can definitely tell you that it grips a lot better while I take turns compared to before with my 225-50-16 GTR32 wheels
Indolent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 12:19 AM   #166
jfandem
Leaky Injector

jfandem will become famous soon enoughjfandem will become famous soon enoughjfandem will become famous soon enoughjfandem will become famous soon enough
Quote:
there are not many 305 wide tires out there, do you have a specific tire make/model in mind?

you can easily find and fit a 285/30R18 as they have a super short overall outside diameter and are a somewhat common size.

with such a low offset you may be stuck running a 255 out back unless you roll/pull like crazy and also run almost too much negative camber out back
Well I bought tires the other day. 245/35/18 front and 275/35/18 rears.

They are the Falken 452s. Think ill be able to fit this combo? Is it gonna stick out like crazy? Im having a guy roll/pull my fenders soon but still unsure of the fitament. How much rear camber will I have to run and how low can I go ? I want it pretty damn low.
jfandem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 12:21 AM   #167
1985zcar
Zilvia Member

1985zcar is making a name for him/her self1985zcar is making a name for him/her self
Send a message via AIM to 1985zcar
Yeah I would've liked to have 9s up front, it sure would be easier...but the set was only 900 bucks so I wasn't gonna complain haha
1985zcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 07:02 AM   #168
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Quote:
Well I bought tires the other day. 245/35/18 front and 275/35/18 rears.

They are the Falken 452s. Think ill be able to fit this combo? Is it gonna stick out like crazy? Im having a guy roll/pull my fenders soon but still unsure of the fitament. How much rear camber will I have to run and how low can I go ? I want it pretty damn low.
Didn't we go over all this stuff over AIM for like an hour?

I thought I pretty much told you exactly what will happen, and told you what size tires you can go with and all that... I guess all that stuff went out the window right after you hit the "close window" button after talking to me?
Old 02-07-2008, 08:11 AM   #169
Gumballf355
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Gumballf355 is a splendid one to beholdGumballf355 is a splendid one to beholdGumballf355 is a splendid one to beholdGumballf355 is a splendid one to beholdGumballf355 is a splendid one to beholdGumballf355 is a splendid one to beholdGumballf355 is a splendid one to beholdGumballf355 is a splendid one to beholdGumballf355 is a splendid one to beholdGumballf355 is a splendid one to beholdGumballf355 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Gumballf355
haahahah... maybe he wanted a second opinion? I love it when people don't trust what you're saying.
Gumballf355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 09:36 AM   #170
Full-Lock
Nissanaholic!

Full-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfectionFull-Lock is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Full-Lock
gumball

do you have more pics of the blue s14?

wheel fitment looks perfect and i have similar sized wheels.

thanks!!
Old 02-16-2008, 09:07 AM   #171
a_ahmed
BANNED

a_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfection
Keep the thread alive
a_ahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 03:10 PM   #172
McCoy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
McCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of lightMcCoy is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCoy View Post
this is for my track wheels/tires

S13

Wheels/Tires
17x9 +35 5zigens
275/40/17 RA-1's

Pictures...

Small update on mine... to help keep the thread going. I spent a few hours last weekend with the Eastwood roller on the rears. I was able to give the rear fenders a small pull, just enough to clear the 275 RA-1's.

Passanger fender turned out pretty good.

I found some bondo in the drivers fender so it took a little more time to pull it without cracking any of the bondo or paint.

I'll be working on the fronts today, hoping that I can pull a good 1/2" on the stock fenders.
McCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 06:42 PM   #173
a_ahmed
BANNED

a_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfectiona_ahmed is close to perfection
Good stuff bro
Old 02-24-2008, 10:06 PM   #174
JRas
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (2)
JRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfectionJRas is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JRas
I love this thread

anyways, I am planning a setup and need some input

S14 W/Tein Coilovers
Enkei RPF1's 17x9.5 +18 ( Front and Rear )

In a non-staggered setup, what do you think are the widest tires I can fit?

255?
275? < -- my goal/dream :P

pm me answers..Thanks
Old 02-24-2008, 10:23 PM   #175
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCoy View Post
Small update on mine... to help keep the thread going. I spent a few hours last weekend with the Eastwood roller on the rears. I was able to give the rear fenders a small pull, just enough to clear the 275 RA-1's.

Passanger fender turned out pretty good.

I found some bondo in the drivers fender so it took a little more time to pull it without cracking any of the bondo or paint.

I'll be working on the fronts today, hoping that I can pull a good 1/2" on the stock fenders.

Thank you my friend! I will be running 275/40/17 NT01's on my zigen's for sure now, although I need more power to push those giant fucking tires. 17x9 +20 FN01R-C's with 255/40/17 Azenis. Rolled/pulled fenders (duh)!
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:39 PM   #176
gotta240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
gotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfectiongotta240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
'Bout time the s chassis bitches steped up on the tire sizes. I swear it was only 6 months ago everyone was pointing, lauging, and calling names when i mentioned anything above a 245 width tire. (well, except acinhole and maybe 2 others).

Anyhooo. Pics soon.
gotta240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 10:42 PM   #177
racepar1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (106)
racepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfectionracepar1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 106 reviews
It's funny how everyone assumes that since you are running wide tires they are all "ballooned". My 255's are fucking bricks on my 9" wheels, no balloon at all!
racepar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 06:07 AM   #178
a_ahmed
BANNED

Well its just the brainwashing jdm tyte y0 trend and fad of running skimpy hoe tires on wide wheels and dorifto coolness that dazzled everyone's eyes and brains to not run wide rubber :P And then... its like... everyone thinks s chassis cars can't grip and are 'drift only' lol.. when in fact our cars can be as competitive and superior to the likes of m3s and such... same suspension tuning crap, give it power and voila...

Thanks for keeping my thread alive... I want a revolution Well in the start I got neg reps for this thread and the precursor to this thread lmao but the first thread i sooort of deserved it as i showed skimpy hoe stretched tires that look ugly vs j-rho/ace in the hole/other's wide rubber setups and the skimpy hoe stretch tire crew got mad hehe it became a shitfest... none the less i think its still ugly, useless and waste the skimpy hoe stretch tire threads... its just AARGH... so wrong... ah well to each his own. That's why we have this thread and the stretch crew has theirs hehe.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:39 AM   #179
SoSideways
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by racepar1 View Post
It's funny how everyone assumes that since you are running wide tires they are all "ballooned". My 255's are fucking bricks on my 9" wheels, no balloon at all!
255s should be perfect.

If the particular tire that you are running is "narrow", you can even fit a 265 on there with no problem. 275 if the tire is REALLY narrow, but a normal 275 will start to bulge a little bit on a 9" rim.

Again, remember guys, most rims' advertised width is actually the width from 1 beading surface to the other, not from "lip to lip". From lip to lip, the rim is usually another inch wider than the advertised width.

So a rim is advertised at 9" wide. That's from the outer bead surface to the inner bead surface. From the outside lip to the inside lip, the rim is most likely to measure 10" wide, and 10" x 25.4mm/1" = 254mm, so a 255 section width rim should be just perfect on a 9" rim.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:25 AM   #180
89fastback
Zilvia Junkie

89fastback will become famous soon enough89fastback will become famous soon enough89fastback will become famous soon enough89fastback will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA-T_240 View Post
Car: S13 Hatch
Rims 17x9 +20 5-zigen
Tires(RT615: F 235/40/17
R 275/40/17
Misc. Front Stock
Rear roll and slight pull -1.75 deg. camber
Lowered just over 3 inches

PICS
Front: