Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-23-2014, 01:24 PM   #1
solo_ryder
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (18)
solo_ryder is making a name for him/her selfsolo_ryder is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Auto SR20 questions

I have searched all over but I cannot find a specific answer.

I am looking into buying a AUTO S14 sr20 motor/trans. What I need to know is:

1. Are there any differences between the AUTO and 5 speed sr motor?? (same turbo, ECU, etc) I heard the turbo on a sr auto is a t25?

2. Will I have any issues mounting the 5 speed trans? I assume I just need a flywheel, clutch etc and the trans will mount right up?

3. I plan on ordering a harness from WS. I see the ECU is a WE ecu and I have read on another thread it will work. But will I have to mess with the neutral switch etc??
solo_ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2014, 06:32 AM   #2
Silverbullet
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
Silverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Silverbullet
the motor and turbo are the same. The ECU is different, the TPS is different, the harness is slightly different to accomodate those differences.
Go back to whatever Honda forum you came from.
Silverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 08:55 AM   #3
l adam l
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
l adam l is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You're going to buy it and swap it to 5 speed as soon as you buy it? ...how much money are you 'saving' $2-300? Sell your trans you plan on putting on it and just buy a 5 speed sr20 and save yourself the headache and probably some $$$
l adam l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 10:07 AM   #4
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by l adam l View Post
You're going to buy it and swap it to 5 speed as soon as you buy it? ...how much money are you 'saving' $2-300? Sell your trans you plan on putting on it and just buy a 5 speed sr20 and save yourself the headache and probably some $$$
He probably has a trans already. Plus, the odds of an auto SR being driven "into the ground" are lower.

Either way, its not much work if you have 5 speed chassis or are converting it to 5 speed.

There is a write up from someone about converting the TPS wiring to work.

If it were me, I'd take the money I saved from the auto Sr and get a WS harness made; I hated wiring my S13 though...
Old 11-24-2014, 12:11 PM   #5
Silviastunter
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Silviastunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I bought my SR auto, and 5 speed swapped it PO liked automatic. And I still ran the auto ecu runs just fine with it only difference is I can start it with no clutch in. And I believe the auto ecu has higher rev limit.
Silviastunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 06:40 PM   #6
solo_ryder
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (18)
solo_ryder is making a name for him/her selfsolo_ryder is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Yea I already have a 5 speed chassis and a trans! I would be getting a harness from WS. I know the TPS are different I read somewhere once that you only have to use one of the 2 plugs if you have a 5 speed harness.
solo_ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 09:27 PM   #7
5280VertDET
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light5280VertDET is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by solo_ryder View Post
Yea I already have a 5 speed chassis and a trans! I would be getting a harness from WS. I know the TPS are different I read somewhere once that you only have to use one of the 2 plugs if you have a 5 speed harness.
Yup, bro. You're golden. Get on the WS black friday deal!